Skip navigation
Sidebar -

Advanced search options →

Welcome

Welcome to CEMB forum.
Please login or register. Did you miss your activation email?

Donations

Help keep the Forum going!
Click on Kitty to donate:

Kitty is lost

Recent Posts

Qur'anic studies today
Yesterday at 06:50 AM

Do humans have needed kno...
April 20, 2024, 12:02 PM

Lights on the way
by akay
April 19, 2024, 04:40 PM

اضواء على الطريق ....... ...
by akay
April 19, 2024, 12:50 PM

Do humans have needed kno...
April 19, 2024, 04:17 AM

What's happened to the fo...
by zeca
April 18, 2024, 06:39 PM

New Britain
April 18, 2024, 05:41 PM

Iran launches drones
April 13, 2024, 09:56 PM

عيد مبارك للجميع! ^_^
by akay
April 12, 2024, 04:01 PM

Eid-Al-Fitr
by akay
April 12, 2024, 12:06 PM

Mock Them and Move on., ...
January 30, 2024, 10:44 AM

Pro Israel or Pro Palesti...
January 29, 2024, 01:53 PM

Theme Changer

Topic: Hey Everyone!

(Read 2588 times)
  • 1« Previous thread | Next thread »
  • Hey Everyone!
     OP - February 06, 2015, 11:50 PM

I'm new on here, so I thought that I would introduce myself. I'm from Toronto. I've been an ex-Muslim for about 4 years now, so since I was 16. Lucky for me, my parents and extended family are all super religious. So as long as they are around, I will never be able to be open about my beliefs. So I still wear a hijab, but for some odd reason, my hijab always miraculously seems to slowly side off my head as I travel further and further way from home each day  Roll Eyes.  I never really felt the need to seek out other ex-Muslims until recently. I was standing outside the prayer room at my university, waiting for my friend to finish praying (she dragged me) and it suddenly dawned on me that I'll never be able to have what all these Muslims around me had. The freedom to just happily go somewhere without fear, where I could meet others who have the same beliefs as me, who would accept/understand me and who wouldn't judge - a community. The realization made me sad, then angry, then sad again, so here I am. I look forward to getting to know all of you.  Smiley
  • Hey Everyone!
     Reply #1 - February 07, 2015, 12:02 AM

Hey, welcome to the forum.

My mind runs, I can never catch it even if I get a head start.
  • Hey Everyone!
     Reply #2 - February 07, 2015, 02:14 AM

Hi Esa

Welcome to the forum Smiley

We have quite a few Canuck ex-Muslims hanging around on the site here.

What is your family's cultural background, if you dare to answer?

You might want to know that the CEMB-affiliated Ex-Muslims of North America has a Toronto chapter.

And welcome parrot for you parrot

my hijab always miraculously seems to slowly side off my head as I travel further and further way from home each day  Roll Eyes

Your hijab is apparently aware of the concept of modesty being relative Cheesy

Danish Never-Moose adopted by the kind people on the CEMB-forum
    Ex-Muslim chat (Unaffliated with CEMB). Safari users: Use "#ex-muslims" as the channel name. CEMB chat thread.
  • Hey Everyone!
     Reply #3 - February 07, 2015, 12:54 PM

Hi esa,

welcome  parrot

Always good to see new people here Smiley
  • Hey Everyone!
     Reply #4 - February 07, 2015, 01:44 PM

I'm new on here, so I thought that I would introduce myself. I'm from Toronto. I've been an ex-Muslim for about 4 years now, so since I was 16. Lucky for me, my parents and extended family are all super religious. So as long as they are around, I will never be able to be open about my beliefs. So I still wear a hijab, but for some odd reason, my hijab always miraculously seems to slowly side off my head as I travel further and further way from home each day  Roll Eyes.  I never really felt the need to seek out other ex-Muslims until recently. I was standing outside the prayer room at my university, waiting for my friend to finish praying (she dragged me) and it suddenly dawned on me that I'll never be able to have what all these Muslims around me had. The freedom to just happily go somewhere without fear, where I could meet others who have the same beliefs as me, who would accept/understand me and who wouldn't judge - a community. The realization made me sad, then angry, then sad again, so here I am. I look forward to getting to know all of you.  Smiley

Welcome fellow Canadian. Instead of my standard welcome animals I will include a bonus

This is not an endorsement of the Leafs. I am a Hab fan  Wink

• Hey Everyone!
     Reply #5 - February 08, 2015, 07:42 AM

Welcome to the forum Smiley

He's no friend to the friendless
    And he's the mother of grief
    There's only sorrow for tomorrow
    Surely life is too brief
  • Hey Everyone!
     Reply #6 - February 08, 2015, 09:31 AM

Welcome to the forum esa. Have a rabbit!  bunny

And I think may feel the same as you about the sense of lost community, personally though I think this site really is a great one, so you have come to a right place!  Smiley

how fuck works without shit??

Let's Play Chess!

harakaat, friend, RIP
  • Hey Everyone!
     Reply #7 - February 09, 2015, 05:21 AM

It's great to see other Canadians on here. I've lurked around this site for a while, but I guess my need to find people to talk to finally took over and so I made an account. Yes, I know about EXMNA and am a member. I just thought I would branch out and find some other sites filled with fellow ex-Muslims. Plus, I love reading all the interesting conversations on here. My family's background is Pakistani. Kashmiri to be exact.
  • Hey Everyone!
     Reply #8 - February 09, 2015, 12:18 PM

Welcome!  parrot
  • 1« Previous thread | Next thread »