Skip navigation
Sidebar -

Advanced search options →

Welcome

Welcome to CEMB forum.
Please login or register. Did you miss your activation email?

Donations

Help keep the Forum going!
Click on Kitty to donate:

Kitty is lost

Recent Posts

Qur'anic studies today
by zeca
Today at 07:11 PM

What's happened to the fo...
by zeca
Today at 06:39 PM

New Britain
Today at 05:41 PM

Do humans have needed kno...
Today at 05:47 AM

Iran launches drones
April 13, 2024, 09:56 PM

عيد مبارك للجميع! ^_^
by akay
April 12, 2024, 04:01 PM

Eid-Al-Fitr
by akay
April 12, 2024, 12:06 PM

Lights on the way
by akay
February 01, 2024, 12:10 PM

Mock Them and Move on., ...
January 30, 2024, 10:44 AM

Pro Israel or Pro Palesti...
January 29, 2024, 01:53 PM

Pakistan: The Nation.....
January 28, 2024, 02:12 PM

Gaza assault
January 27, 2024, 01:08 PM

Theme Changer

Topic: Interesting question

(Read 1505 times)
  • 1« Previous thread | Next thread »
  • Interesting question
     OP - January 27, 2015, 01:34 AM

So here's something that came into my head last night when I was trying to go to bed. Islam doesn't hold the mentally ill responsible for their actions, except the actions they do after they are better. The ways to treat mental illness invariably change the chemical or physical composition of the brain, often with far-reaching, and unforeseen, consequences. What happens if a person converts to Islam under the influence of a mental illness, and then when they get better, leaves Islam?

Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil, for I have a sonic screwdriver, a tricorder, and a Type 2 phaser.
  • Interesting question
     Reply #1 - January 27, 2015, 01:39 AM

Al Fitrah, my friend.  They are just continuing in the natural religion of Islam.  It is as though they were a child who has grown up within Islam.  One does not need to 'convert' to Islam, one just needs not to convert AWAY from Islam.
  • Interesting question
     Reply #2 - January 27, 2015, 03:56 AM

So here's something that came into my head last night when I was trying to go to bed. Islam doesn't hold the mentally ill responsible for their actions, except the actions they do after they are better. The ways to treat mental illness invariably change the chemical or physical composition of the brain, often with far-reaching, and unforeseen, consequences. What happens if a person converts to Islam under the influence of a mental illness, and then when they get better, leaves Islam?

Most of the communities I came across would claim the djinn made people mentally ill and prayer would cure them. If they leave Islam then clearly it is a worse djinn.

Don't let Hitler have the street.
  • Interesting question
     Reply #3 - January 31, 2015, 12:19 PM

Islam doesn't hold the mentally ill responsible for their actions

Expand on this. popcorn

`But I don't want to go among mad people,' Alice remarked.
     `Oh, you can't help that,' said the Cat: `we're all mad here. I'm mad.  You're mad.'
     `How do you know I'm mad?' said Alice.
     `You must be,' said the Cat, `or you wouldn't have come here.'
  • 1« Previous thread | Next thread »