Skip navigation
Sidebar -

Advanced search options →

Welcome

Welcome to CEMB forum.
Please login or register. Did you miss your activation email?

Donations

Help keep the Forum going!
Click on Kitty to donate:

Kitty is lost

Recent Posts

Qur'anic studies today
by zeca
Yesterday at 07:11 PM

What's happened to the fo...
by zeca
Yesterday at 06:39 PM

New Britain
Yesterday at 05:41 PM

Do humans have needed kno...
Yesterday at 05:47 AM

Iran launches drones
April 13, 2024, 09:56 PM

عيد مبارك للجميع! ^_^
by akay
April 12, 2024, 04:01 PM

Eid-Al-Fitr
by akay
April 12, 2024, 12:06 PM

Lights on the way
by akay
February 01, 2024, 12:10 PM

Mock Them and Move on., ...
January 30, 2024, 10:44 AM

Pro Israel or Pro Palesti...
January 29, 2024, 01:53 PM

Pakistan: The Nation.....
January 28, 2024, 02:12 PM

Gaza assault
January 27, 2024, 01:08 PM

Theme Changer

Topic: 500 cases of fgm

(Read 3648 times)
  • 1« Previous thread | Next thread »
  • 500 cases of fgm
     OP - January 26, 2015, 05:52 PM

About these cases of 500 newly discovered
    http://www.bbc.com/news/uk-29642997

But Im not sure people are understanding that they shouldn't be suprised. If women or girls from countries where fgm is prevalent, surely it's very likely that a large number would have undergone fgm. Aside from the fact that these girls and women should receive all the care they need, the relevant issue is how many have undergone fgm AFTER moving to the UK. I suspect that's what most think when they read the headline.
  • 500 cases of fgm
     Reply #1 - January 31, 2015, 12:06 PM

UK's first female genital mutilation prosecutions announced

About fucking time. I feel secure in saying that if these were white vaginas it wouldn't have taken this long. Fucking PC bollocks.

`But I don't want to go among mad people,' Alice remarked.
     `Oh, you can't help that,' said the Cat: `we're all mad here. I'm mad.  You're mad.'
     `How do you know I'm mad?' said Alice.
     `You must be,' said the Cat, `or you wouldn't have come here.'
  • 500 cases of fgm
     Reply #2 - February 05, 2015, 03:00 PM

Doctor found not guilty of performing FGM

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-31138218

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/uknews/law-and-order/11390629/NHS-doctor-cleared-of-performing-FGM-amid-claims-he-was-used-as-a-scapegoat.html

Not suprised.
  • 500 cases of fgm
     Reply #3 - February 05, 2015, 03:16 PM

hello  Skywalker  his lawyer which you see down here

Says   .." labelling him a criminal would not stop FGM in the UK" ., would you disagree  with it?  and what would you suggest  for stopping this FGM in UK and in other countries? 

Do not let silence become your legacy.. Question everything   
    I renounced my faith to become a kafir, 
    the beloved betrayed me and turned in to  a Muslim

• 500 cases of fgm
     Reply #4 - February 05, 2015, 03:38 PM

It didn't suprise me that he was exonerated as I suspected that there was something wrong with the case since the woman was married and had a child with her husband, whats the point with fgm then? Also, the doctor doesn't seem to be from a community that practices fgm. Even if it was Islamic fgm, it wouldn't include closure of the vulva, which was what the doctor seems to have been accused of when partially re-stitching.
  • 500 cases of fgm
     Reply #5 - February 05, 2015, 04:10 PM

I think the first thing that needs to be done is a survey of the women that where born in the UK to asses the risk for girls in the UK. That can be done as these  women, born in the UK, are having their first child in the UK. 500 or 2000 or more who've gone through fgm revealed, doesn't say much about how many of them have gone through fgm AFTER arrival to the UK.
  • 500 cases of fgm
     Reply #6 - March 10, 2015, 04:09 AM

Shooting the savages who mutilate children might bring about a reduction in new cases.

`But I don't want to go among mad people,' Alice remarked.
     `Oh, you can't help that,' said the Cat: `we're all mad here. I'm mad.  You're mad.'
     `How do you know I'm mad?' said Alice.
     `You must be,' said the Cat, `or you wouldn't have come here.'
  • 500 cases of fgm
     Reply #7 - May 05, 2015, 05:38 PM

When women and girls who come from countries with high prevalence  of fgm move to the UK/EU/US , they're likely to have undergone fgm by the time arrive.This is why it's problematic when there are reports of 'discoveries' of fgm cases, as these reports aren't distinguishing between those who've undergone fgm prior to immigration and those who've undergone fgm after.
  • 500 cases of fgm
     Reply #8 - May 05, 2015, 05:47 PM

Maybe there should be medicals for people wanting to immigrate into the country?
  • 500 cases of fgm
     Reply #9 - May 05, 2015, 05:52 PM

Medicals Huh?
    Do you mean medical test?
  • 500 cases of fgm
     Reply #10 - May 05, 2015, 05:53 PM

That too. What I meant though is checks on people coming in to the country which would pick up on FGM from the outset.
  • 500 cases of fgm
     Reply #11 - May 05, 2015, 05:54 PM

Shocking!
  • 500 cases of fgm
     Reply #12 - May 05, 2015, 05:55 PM

It was a question/suggestion Hassan not a validation or endorsement.
  • 500 cases of fgm
     Reply #13 - May 05, 2015, 06:01 PM

Sorry, Lily I was commenting on the original post - I should have made that clear. Smiley
  • 500 cases of fgm
     Reply #14 - May 05, 2015, 06:05 PM

Lilyesque
    I changed my post prior to your post....so medical test then.

I think that there's a way to distinguish between the two groups. By looking specifically at those girls who are born in the UK, you can make an estimate of how probable it is for a girl to undergo fgm after arrival. So if doctors were to look at women who are born to families from a country were fgm is prevalent, when they're having a checkup at the gynocologist or during childbirth, they could make an estimate and conclude whether the tradition continues at some level or not.
  • Re: 500 cases of fgm
     Reply #15 - May 05, 2015, 06:11 PM

Sorry, Lily I was commenting on the original post - I should have made that clear. Smiley

Not sure you read that either
  • 500 cases of fgm
     Reply #16 - May 05, 2015, 06:34 PM

I read the link, which says:

NHS figures show 467 newly identified cases of girls and women needing treatment after female genital mutilation in England last month.

A further 1,279 people, who had already been identified, were receiving treatment according to the Health and Social Care Information Centre (HSCIC) data.

It is the first time the NHS has collected figures on the criminal act.

The children's charity the NSPCC said the numbers were "shocking".

The cutting of girls' genitalia has been illegal in Britain since 1985, but nobody has been convicted in the courts.
    The HSCIC data is an attempt to understand the scale of the problem.

It shows the crime is happening in all regions in England although half of the cases were in London.

I get the impression from that, that these girls had been "circumcised" here in the UK? No?
  • 500 cases of fgm
     Reply #17 - May 05, 2015, 06:47 PM

It shows the crime is happening in all regions in England although half of the cases were in London.

The last point makes an assumption that those newly identified cases are specifically about cases after arrival to the UK, which is what I was getting at in my first post.
  • 1« Previous thread | Next thread »