Skip navigation
Sidebar -

Advanced search options →

Welcome

Welcome to CEMB forum.
Please login or register. Did you miss your activation email?

Donations

Help keep the Forum going!
Click on Kitty to donate:

Kitty is lost

Recent Posts

Do humans have needed kno...
Today at 04:17 AM

Qur'anic studies today
by zeca
Yesterday at 07:11 PM

What's happened to the fo...
by zeca
Yesterday at 06:39 PM

New Britain
Yesterday at 05:41 PM

Do humans have needed kno...
Yesterday at 05:47 AM

Iran launches drones
April 13, 2024, 09:56 PM

عيد مبارك للجميع! ^_^
by akay
April 12, 2024, 04:01 PM

Eid-Al-Fitr
by akay
April 12, 2024, 12:06 PM

Lights on the way
by akay
February 01, 2024, 12:10 PM

Mock Them and Move on., ...
January 30, 2024, 10:44 AM

Pro Israel or Pro Palesti...
January 29, 2024, 01:53 PM

Pakistan: The Nation.....
January 28, 2024, 02:12 PM

Theme Changer

Topic: Noah's Ark is Plagiarized. Here's how we know ...

(Read 2953 times)
  • 1« Previous thread | Next thread »
  • Noah's Ark is Plagiarized. Here's how we know ...
     OP - January 26, 2015, 10:36 AM

I just saw this video from Alley on Youtube. It shows how old the story of Noah's Ark is.

@Jedi: don't watch it! Especially the first part might offend you  Cheesy

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_um69RqBpSw
     Reply #1 - January 26, 2015, 12:10 PM

What would happen to holy texts if they were subjected to standard plagiarisation tests?

When you are a Bear of Very Little Brain, and you Think of Things, you find sometimes that a Thing which seemed very Thingish inside you is quite different when it gets out into the open and has other people looking at it.

A.A. Milne,

"We cannot slaughter each other out of the human impasse"
     Reply #2 - January 26, 2015, 12:26 PM

if anything in Islam appears prior to Islam, it is because Allah sent a messenger to every nation.
     Reply #3 - January 26, 2015, 12:49 PM

Q:  What would happen to holy texts if they were subjected to standard plagiarisation tests?

Ans: if anything in Islam appears prior to Islam, it is because Allah sent a messenger to every nation.

Oh boy Q & A  made me laugh loud...

yes... dr. sloth... yes  you are absolutely right. That is written  in scriptures..

allah plagiarized allah's previous texts.,  And allah does that through  human beings that are evolved from  monkeys but still have monkey brain and monkey thoughts..

Mock  them and move on..

Do not let silence become your legacy.. Question everything   
    I renounced my faith to become a kafir, 
    the beloved betrayed me and turned in to  a Muslim

Reply #4 - January 26, 2015, 03:51 PM

Yeah, the same as all other films made before Star Wars, are actually plagiarizing Star Wars  Cheesy 
     Reply #5 - January 26, 2015, 04:44 PM

Has anyone proposed mohammed invented a time machine?

When you are a Bear of Very Little Brain, and you Think of Things, you find sometimes that a Thing which seemed very Thingish inside you is quite different when it gets out into the open and has other people looking at it.

A.A. Milne,

"We cannot slaughter each other out of the human impasse"
     Reply #6 - January 26, 2015, 05:11 PM

Has anyone proposed mohammed invented a time machine?

moi .. let me tell you a open secret ..

The secret of Islam is that THERE WAS NO Muhammad whose stories are described/told  in Islam
    The secret of Christianity  is that  THERE WAS NO Christ  whose stories are described/told in Christianity
    The secret of Judaism  is that  THERE WAS NO  Moses whose stories are described/told  in Judaism...and..and..
    The secret of every religion is that THERE WAS NO god that gave scriptures to any man, any prophet of any religion

And the secret of every religion is there was/is no god,  no invisible man who is watching all the people of all the religions  all  the animal of this planet and controls the motion of all these billions of planets in billions of galaxies

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gPOfurmrjxo

brainless bums..

Reply #7 - January 26, 2015, 05:19 PM

The earlier flood myths (Gilgamesh and atra hasis) made a lot more sense than the Noah story in my opinion. They involved the other gods criticizing the god who started the flood as being irresponsible and reckless. This irresponsible god realized he had made a mistake and regretted it. This obviously makes more sense than the all knowing all wise monotheistic god regretting his decision to wipe everyone out. Also It was another god from the one who started the flood that told utnapishtim to build the ark so you avoid the absurdity of having a god want to wipe out the human race just to start the same process again with a family who was going to produce fuck ups again.

Both stories are obviously fiction but I think the earlier ones make far more sense as allegories and are better stories

"I moreover believe that any religion that has anything in it that shocks the mind of a child, cannot be a true system."
    -Thomas Paine
     Reply #8 - January 26, 2015, 05:53 PM

The earlier flood myths (Gilgamesh and atra hasis) made a lot more sense than the Noah story in my opinion.....
    Both stories are obviously fiction but I think the earlier ones make far more sense as allegories and are better stories

well justperusing,  to me  THIS STORY makes better sense, gives better morals than those two stories and many other stories from different religious scriptures..

Reply #9 - January 26, 2015, 06:06 PM

The earlier flood myths (Gilgamesh and atra hasis) made a lot more sense than the Noah story in my opinion. They involved the other gods criticizing the god who started the flood as being irresponsible and reckless. This irresponsible god realized he had made a mistake and regretted it. This obviously makes more sense than the all knowing all wise monotheistic god regretting his decision to wipe everyone out. Also It was another god from the one who started the flood that told utnapishtim to build the ark so you avoid the absurdity of having a god want to wipe out the human race just to start the same process again with a family who was going to produce fuck ups again.

Yes, this story is really better.
     Reply #10 - January 28, 2015, 12:22 AM

Irving Finkel, 'The Ark Before Noah' offers one theory on the origins of Noah's Ark. He says in the Mesopotamian version it was a coracle like the Marsh-Arabs use. That's the subtext of the Torah so, the Torah likely had its legend from the Mesopotamians.

There are lots of other Flood legends (Peter Watson, 'The Great Divide' deals with several), but if it's got a coracle then it is Mesopotamian.
  • 1« Previous thread | Next thread »