Skip navigation
Sidebar -

Advanced search options →

Welcome

Welcome to CEMB forum.
Please login or register. Did you miss your activation email?

Donations

Help keep the Forum going!
Click on Kitty to donate:

Kitty is lost

Recent Posts

Do humans have needed kno...
Today at 05:47 AM

New Britain
April 16, 2024, 12:05 AM

Iran launches drones
April 13, 2024, 09:56 PM

عيد مبارك للجميع! ^_^
by akay
April 12, 2024, 04:01 PM

Eid-Al-Fitr
by akay
April 12, 2024, 12:06 PM

What's happened to the fo...
April 11, 2024, 01:00 AM

Lights on the way
by akay
February 01, 2024, 12:10 PM

Mock Them and Move on., ...
January 30, 2024, 10:44 AM

Pro Israel or Pro Palesti...
January 29, 2024, 01:53 PM

Pakistan: The Nation.....
January 28, 2024, 02:12 PM

Gaza assault
January 27, 2024, 01:08 PM

Nawal El Saadawi: Egypt's...
January 27, 2024, 12:24 PM

Theme Changer

Topic: All the way Islam Oppresses people

(Read 1610 times)
  • 1« Previous thread | Next thread »
  • All the way Islam Oppresses people
     OP - January 24, 2015, 10:21 PM

Hi everyone
    I'm so greatful for this forum.
    I was a revert to Islam and even though there were many things I liked about it there were also so many people I saw suffering.  Thankfully most UK Muslim's are becoming more educated and liberal and not buying into the harshest beliefs of the system.

I think the worst oppression concerning women is the whole second wife deal with it and suffer with patience

The worst oppression of men is being denied a decent women and being forced to provide for non stop children.

What do you think the worst oppression is in Islam

Thanks all for your imput
     Reply #1 - January 24, 2015, 10:29 PM

Condoning domestic violence
     Reply #2 - January 24, 2015, 10:35 PM

I think the worse oppression in Islam is the insistence that men and women are a separate and unequal species. I believe it does a culture and community a great deal of harm to perpetuate such a belief.

Don't let Hitler have the street.
     Reply #3 - January 24, 2015, 10:39 PM

For me the most oppressive element of islam (and other religions -particularly the Abrahamic ones) is an oppressive tyrant God who demands complete submission, slavery, worship and obedience and even love - on the pain of eternal torture.
     Reply #4 - January 25, 2015, 05:09 AM

the worst oppression in islam is requiring apostates to be killed, people who speak against the prophet to be killed, people who don't pray and fast to be killed, etc. it's like we don't have a choice, we never chose to be muslims, our parents forced it on us, and when we gain minds of our own and reject this religion, it's automatically our fault and our blood is suddenly halal.

"we stand firm calling to allah all the time,
    we let them know - bang! bang! - coz it's dawah time!"
     Reply #5 - January 25, 2015, 12:40 PM

The worst oppression in my opinion is taking away the right to question. As a kid I and I am sure lots of us were forced to believe that questioning even the most absurd aspects of Islam was a sin and the simple reason given time and time again was that Allah knows best and we humans can not begin to comprehend his grand designs.
     Reply #6 - January 25, 2015, 12:55 PM

The worst oppression in my opinion is taking away the right to question. ...............

Every religion and every cult and every cult leader knows that.,  Taking away the right to question is the fundamental nature of Islamic  political/ religious leadership .. To some extent you can also find this in other religions..

Power Corrupts and absolute Power corrupts absolutely

Do not let silence become your legacy.. Question everything   
    I renounced my faith to become a kafir, 
    the beloved betrayed me and turned in to  a Muslim

Reply #7 - January 25, 2015, 01:07 PM

The tyranny of the mind - inculcating fear of the afterlife courtesy of that celestial dictator that does not exist.

Religion retards the mind and oppresses reason!

Many Muslims have had depression thrust upon them but they don't know what to do with it because of the fear and self loathing Islam revels in.

No free mixing of the sexes is permitted on these forums or via PM or the various chat groups that are operating.

Women must write modestly and all men must lower their case.

http://www.ummah.com/forum/showthread.php?425649-Have-some-Hayaa-%28modesty-shame%29-people!
  • 1« Previous thread | Next thread »