Skip navigation
Sidebar -

Advanced search options →

Welcome

Welcome to CEMB forum.
Please login or register. Did you miss your activation email?

Donations

Help keep the Forum going!
Click on Kitty to donate:

Kitty is lost

Recent Posts

Qur'anic studies today
Today at 08:44 PM

Lights on the way
by akay
Today at 04:40 PM

اضواء على الطريق ....... ...
by akay
Today at 12:50 PM

Do humans have needed kno...
Today at 04:17 AM

What's happened to the fo...
by zeca
Yesterday at 06:39 PM

New Britain
Yesterday at 05:41 PM

Do humans have needed kno...
Yesterday at 05:47 AM

Iran launches drones
April 13, 2024, 09:56 PM

عيد مبارك للجميع! ^_^
by akay
April 12, 2024, 04:01 PM

Eid-Al-Fitr
by akay
April 12, 2024, 12:06 PM

Mock Them and Move on., ...
January 30, 2024, 10:44 AM

Pro Israel or Pro Palesti...
January 29, 2024, 01:53 PM

Theme Changer

Topic: Alarm over rising rate of Saudi spinsterhood says news

(Read 4244 times)
  • 1« Previous thread | Next thread »
  • Alarm over rising rate of Saudi spinsterhood says news
     OP - January 21, 2015, 04:29 PM

Alarm over rising rate of Saudi spinsterhood says arabnews.com

The number of unmarried Saudi women over 30 reached 33.45 percent in the last 10 years, or 1.52 million of the total population of 4.57 million women, local media reported on Sunday.

Reports quoted Mohammed Al-Abdul Qadir, head of the Wiam Family Care Society, who stressed the need for a “community engineering,” based on field studies, to be carried out by experts in different areas.

For more than two decades, Saudi society has encouraged the concept of mass marriages in a bid to fight the growing rate of spinsterhood, the expert said.
    According to Abdul Qadir, although these initiatives are individually or voluntary-oriented, the time has come to streamline the ideas through an overall social reform, taking into consideration development plans in different parts of the Kingdom.
    The family expert said marriage organizers still focus on the regulatory side of the issue.

well that is what it says with this picture

Hu!  what Saudi spinsterhood?   spinsterhood... hood? what hood? what kind of word is that??  Why can not these fools who wrote that says growing rate of unmarried women??

Do not let silence become your legacy.. Question everything   
    I renounced my faith to become a kafir, 
    the beloved betrayed me and turned in to  a Muslim

Reply #1 - January 21, 2015, 05:14 PM

Cheesy yeah, "spinsterhood" sounds kinda derogatory. I wonder what the reasons behind the rate of "unmarried women over 30" are, and if it's something that is self chosen or not by the women in question.

"The healthiest people I know are those who are the first to label themselves fucked up." - three
     Reply #2 - January 21, 2015, 06:06 PM

Cheesy yeah, "spinsterhood" sounds kinda derogatory. I wonder what the reasons behind the rate of "unmarried women over 30" are, and if it's something that is self chosen or not by the women in question.

well we can change that  within 10 years if we  put those burkhas, niqabs on men  and keep them in kitchen to cook  clean and take care of the babies/children..     And Islam preachers should be made to clean the gutters of Mecca and Madina

http://jafrianews.com/2012/04/27/the-growing-number-of-unmarried-saudi-women-a-dangerous-pattern-against-islamic-values/

these estimations raise some awkward questions. Assuming that the numbers of male and female Saudis are roughly balanced (which, in fact, they are not — there are more men than women), then what about the men? Are there currently 1.2 million Saudi men over 32 who are unmarried? Are there going to be 4 million unmarried men in 2015? Why is no one worried about them? Or will that be sorted out by them all marrying foreign wives?

An estimated 4 million women over the age of 20 are unmarried in the country of 24.6 million. After 20, women are rapidly seen in Saudi society as getting too old to marry, said Sohila Zein el-Abdydeen, a prominent female member of the governmental National Society for Human Rights.

http://www.nature.com/ijo/journal/v27/n1/full/0802181a.html  

Overweight and obesity in Saudi females of childbearing age

J S Al-Malki1, M H Al-Jaser1 and A S Warsy2

1Department of Zoology, College of Science, King Saud University, Riyadh, Saudi Arabia
        2Department of Biochemistry, College of Science, King Saud University, Riyadh, Saudi Arabia

Correspondence: M H Al-Jaser, College of Science, PO Box 137, Riyadh 11411, Riyadh, Saudi Arabia. E-mail: mayaljaser@yahoo.com

Received 11 July 2001; Revised 28 June 2002; Accepted 12 July 2002.

interesting they published that in Nature....

ha! ...After 20, women are rapidly seen in Saudi society as getting too old to marry.......

Idiots .. that is what happens when you start marrying girls at the age of 12 or 13

Do not let silence become your legacy.. Question everything   
    I renounced my faith to become a kafir, 
    the beloved betrayed me and turned in to  a Muslim

Reply #3 - January 21, 2015, 06:21 PM

If a third of women are unmarried, shouldn't at least a third of men also be unmarried? or even more if a lot of the married men have more than one wife.
     Reply #4 - January 21, 2015, 06:23 PM

A lot of men are actually searching for women outside Saudi... some with sinister agendas...

"The healthiest people I know are those who are the first to label themselves fucked up." - three
     Reply #5 - January 21, 2015, 06:26 PM

If a third of women are unmarried, shouldn't at least a third of men also be unmarried? or even more if a lot of the married men have more than one wife.

I suspect it may be not so much that women aren't getting married, and more that they're getting married and then discarded, divorced and replaced with a very high turnover rate.  Tightening up their divorce laws and giving women more rights would cure that, but let's not hold our breaths waiting.

"Befriend them not, Oh murtads, and give them neither parrot nor bunny."  - happymurtad's advice on trolls.
     Reply #6 - January 21, 2015, 06:28 PM

A lot of men are actually searching for women outside Saudi... some with sinister agendas...

Desperate Syrian refugee teenage girls seem to be popular and their families seem to accept it as it will protect the family's Arab/Islamic honour and it gives them a little to live from by selling their daughters. What's not to like? Cry

Danish Never-Moose adopted by the kind people on the CEMB-forum
    Ex-Muslim chat (Unaffliated with CEMB). Safari users: Use "#ex-muslims" as the channel name. CEMB chat thread.
     Reply #7 - January 21, 2015, 06:29 PM

I suppose the men may also be marrying young girls and shunning the over 30s.
     Reply #8 - January 21, 2015, 06:45 PM

And before that you had poor Algerian, Egyptian and Moroccan girls...

Reply #9 - January 21, 2015, 08:35 PM

Why did they decide to make the cut-off age at which they decide a woman is a spinster 30? That's very young considering that the age of marriage in most countries is going up. Especially among educated women. The more education a woman has, the more likely she is to put off marriage until later.

According to the Great and Wise Google, the average age of first marriage in the United States is 27 for women and 29 for men, up from 23 for women and 26 for men in 1990 and 20 and 22 in 1960. So they should factor that into their calculations. Also, they should be more accepting of women wanting to put off marriage and not treat women as a commodity whose only function in life is to breed. *yells in frustration*

Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil, for I have a sonic screwdriver, a tricorder, and a Type 2 phaser.
     Reply #10 - January 21, 2015, 11:55 PM

And before that you had poor Algerian, Egyptian and Moroccan girls...

Yep!
     Reply #11 - February 01, 2015, 01:59 AM

Just google male to female ratio by country and look at Saudi Arabia.

Religions + Politics = Problem
     Reply #12 - February 01, 2015, 01:20 PM

Why did they decide to make the cut-off age at which they decide a woman is a spinster 30? That's very young considering that the age of marriage in most countries is going up. Especially among educated women. The more education a woman has, the more likely she is to put off marriage until later.

According to the Great and Wise Google, the average age of first marriage in the United States is 27 for women and 29 for men, up from 23 for women and 26 for men in 1990 and 20 and 22 in 1960. So they should factor that into their calculations. Also, they should be more accepting of women wanting to put off marriage and not treat women as a commodity whose only function in life is to breed. *yells in frustration*

The communities I was involved in definitely encouraged young marriages. Women who made it to twenty- four without matrimony were looked at with suspicion. Women over thirty were generally past marriageable age.

Don't let Hitler have the street.
     Reply #13 - February 01, 2015, 04:25 PM

Just google male to female ratio by country and look at Saudi Arabia.

They have significantly more males than females age 15-64. What is the point of looking that up though?

how fuck works without shit??

Let's Play Chess!

harakaat, friend, RIP
  • 1« Previous thread | Next thread »