Skip navigation
Sidebar -

Advanced search options →

Welcome

Welcome to CEMB forum.
Please login or register. Did you miss your activation email?

Donations

Help keep the Forum going!
Click on Kitty to donate:

Kitty is lost

Recent Posts

Qur'anic studies today
Yesterday at 08:44 PM

Lights on the way
by akay
Yesterday at 04:40 PM

اضواء على الطريق ....... ...
by akay
Yesterday at 12:50 PM

Do humans have needed kno...
Yesterday at 04:17 AM

What's happened to the fo...
by zeca
April 18, 2024, 06:39 PM

New Britain
April 18, 2024, 05:41 PM

Do humans have needed kno...
April 18, 2024, 05:47 AM

Iran launches drones
April 13, 2024, 09:56 PM

عيد مبارك للجميع! ^_^
by akay
April 12, 2024, 04:01 PM

Eid-Al-Fitr
by akay
April 12, 2024, 12:06 PM

Mock Them and Move on., ...
January 30, 2024, 10:44 AM

Pro Israel or Pro Palesti...
January 29, 2024, 01:53 PM

Theme Changer

Topic: Video re Safiyah

(Read 14878 times)
  • Previous page 1 2« Previous thread | Next thread »
  • Re: Video re Safiyah
     Reply #30 - August 07, 2008, 07:46 PM

Pretty amazing turnaround, huh?

Totally.  I am very happy for her.

Mohammed ordered Kinana b. al Rabi' to be gruesomely tortured and then decapitated.  The 'prophet' then 'married' Kinana's wife, Safiyya.  He had her husband, her father and her people killed.  

Sirat Rasul Allah by Ibn Ishaq 

Mohammed was a rapist and a murderer.
     Reply #31 - January 21, 2009, 04:25 PM

After doing some research on Safiyyah it seems like this thread is too quickly jumping to conclusions. From her actions in the muslim community after Mohammed's death it does not seem like she resented him for killing her husband. I also doubt she had a very good relationship with her husband as he hit her after having a dream which he interpreted as a desire for her to marry Mohammed.
     Reply #32 - January 21, 2009, 04:54 PM

After doing some research on Safiyyah it seems like this thread is too quickly jumping to conclusions. From her actions in the muslim community after Mohammed's death it does not seem like she resented him for killing her husband. I also doubt she had a very good relationship with her husband as he hit her after having a dream which he interpreted as a desire for her to marry Mohammed.

stockholm syndrome

Also he didn;t just kill her first husband, he killed her entire tribe, or sold them off to slavery. 

Inhale the good shit, exhale the bullshit.
     Reply #33 - January 21, 2009, 05:04 PM

I don't think she had any other option except marrying Muhammed after everything she had, was destroyed. Irrespective of the relation she had with her husband, does not justify Muhammed's act.
     Reply #34 - January 28, 2009, 09:40 PM

I have been thinking about making a video about Muhammad, but it caused so much hate-mail last time.

There is no subject that get's Muslims more upset than the person of Muhammad.

Muslims of course claim that he was the ideal standard for all times and all places. Critics say he was an evil monster. But I am more and more convinced he was simply a man of his time.

Tribes in Pre-Islamic Arabia were constantly warring and carrying off the women as part of their booty. Muhammad was not behaving as a Prophet of God, but he was behaving as an Arab tribal leader.
     Reply #35 - January 28, 2009, 09:56 PM

Go for it, you are the only photogenic man in this forum for the videos (must admit there's not much competition from the standard I have seen so far)

The more evidence we have out there the better and easier is is for those who dont realise they have a choice, and want to make one.

My Book     news002       
    My Blog  pccoffee
     Reply #36 - January 28, 2009, 09:59 PM

And this tradition was recorded when? Exactly. Much later after said events, by whom? Surely not the husband as witness. Safiyyah, or anyone else for that matter, could've, and probably did make this up after the fact, to smooth things over nice like butter. Roll Eyes

I chose to get circumcised at 17, don't tell me I never believed.
     Reply #37 - January 28, 2009, 10:17 PM

Go for it, you are the only photogenic man in this forum for the videos (must admit there's not much competition form the standard I have seen so far)

LOL... you are not going to win friends that way IsLame. Besides, I think you are being far too modest.
     Reply #38 - January 28, 2009, 10:20 PM

And this tradition was recorded when? Exactly. Much later after said events, by whom? Surely not the husband as witness. Safiyyah, or anyone else for that matter, could've, and probably did make this up after the fact, to smooth things over nice like butter. Roll Eyes

Exactly! One can see that a great many hadith are obviously a later creation, just by using reason.

But of course reason was never the basis for authenticating hadiths. If the Isnad (chain of narrators) was sound then in it goes.
     Reply #39 - January 29, 2009, 09:06 AM

I have been thinking about making a video about Muhammad, but it caused so much hate-mail last time.

Muslims of course claim that he was the ideal standard for all times and all places. Critics say he was an evil monster. But I am more and more convinced he was simply a man of his time.

Tribes in Pre-Islamic Arabia were constantly warring and carrying off the women as part of their booty. Muhammad was not behaving as a Prophet of God, but he was behaving as an Arab tribal leader.

The arabs were divided between the city arabs and the desert bedouins. Muhammad was a city arab who acted and ingratiated himself with the more barabaric culture of the bedouins. The same people that gave us Omar Bin Khattab.

"Ask the slave girl; she will tell you the truth.' So the Apostle called Burayra to ask her. Ali got up and gave her a violent beating first, saying, 'Tell the Apostle the truth.'"
     Reply #40 - January 29, 2009, 09:15 AM

Go for it. That would be interesting to watch. You could always leave the video on private if needs be.
     Reply #41 - January 29, 2009, 09:17 AM

good point

My Book     news002       
    My Blog  pccoffee
     Reply #42 - January 29, 2009, 09:22 AM

I also want to see this and any other video you make. I love your style. I like the abrupt way you end some of your vids too. I can't imagine the torrent of hate mail as I don't make videos, or do anthing really Smiley I can imagine it would make one despondent so I don't blame you if you don't make the video but so many people would be interested in it - and you offer a unique angle: a former Muslim who isn't bitter and twisted, who isn't some hatemonger but who tries with sincerity to critique the religion and make known those questions that caused you to doubt the true faith of Allah (SWT). I can dig it Smiley

The language of the mob was only the language of public opinion cleansed of hypocrisy and restraint - Hannah Arendt.
     Reply #43 - January 29, 2009, 10:03 AM

I should add that I'd like to see Awais make a video too Smiley

The language of the mob was only the language of public opinion cleansed of hypocrisy and restraint - Hannah Arendt.
     Reply #44 - January 29, 2009, 10:06 AM

I'd like to also, but I'd prefer to show my face, but I'm not ready to yet. Thanks tho Smiley

How about you abdalwali?

Reply #45 - January 29, 2009, 10:16 AM

I'd like to also, but I'd prefer to show my face, but I'm not ready to yet. Thanks tho Smiley

You don't have to show your face. You can use a powerpoint type presentation or animation s/w.

Knowing Islam is the only true religion we do not allow propagation of any other religion. How can we allow building of churches and temples when their religion is wrong? Thus we will not allow such wrong things in our countries. - Zakir Naik
     Reply #46 - January 29, 2009, 10:19 AM

..or wear full niqab

My Book     news002       
    My Blog  pccoffee
     Reply #47 - January 29, 2009, 10:21 AM

I started to make one awhile ago covering my face with a keffiyeh, didn't like it tho. Huh?

Reply #48 - January 29, 2009, 12:17 PM

I also want to see this and any other video you make. I love your style. I like the abrupt way you end some of your vids too. I can't imagine the torrent of hate mail as I don't make videos, or do anthing really Smiley I can imagine it would make one despondent so I don't blame you if you don't make the video but so many people would be interested in it - and you offer a unique angle: a former Muslim who isn't bitter and twisted, who isn't some hatemonger but who tries with sincerity to critique the religion and make known those questions that caused you to doubt the true faith of Allah (SWT). I can dig it Smiley

Thank you Abdulawli, I have to say I am tremendously impressed by you. You are a wonderful advert for Islam and Muslims. I know how hard it is for Muslims to take criticism, but if all Muslims would react as you do, Islam would be gain a great deal more respect.

Afro
  • Video re Safiyah
     Reply #49 - September 02, 2015, 09:04 AM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OzaQO4F1UIU

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QzlgnNlDj_g

Do not let silence become your legacy.. Question everything   
    I renounced my faith to become a kafir, 
    the beloved betrayed me and turned in to  a Muslim

• Previous page 1 2« Previous thread | Next thread »