Skip navigation
Sidebar -

Advanced search options →

Welcome

Welcome to CEMB forum.
Please login or register. Did you miss your activation email?

Donations

Help keep the Forum going!
Click on Kitty to donate:

Kitty is lost

Recent Posts

Qur'anic studies today
Today at 08:44 PM

Lights on the way
by akay
Today at 04:40 PM

اضواء على الطريق ....... ...
by akay
Today at 12:50 PM

Do humans have needed kno...
Today at 04:17 AM

What's happened to the fo...
by zeca
Yesterday at 06:39 PM

New Britain
Yesterday at 05:41 PM

Do humans have needed kno...
Yesterday at 05:47 AM

Iran launches drones
April 13, 2024, 09:56 PM

عيد مبارك للجميع! ^_^
by akay
April 12, 2024, 04:01 PM

Eid-Al-Fitr
by akay
April 12, 2024, 12:06 PM

Mock Them and Move on., ...
January 30, 2024, 10:44 AM

Pro Israel or Pro Palesti...
January 29, 2024, 01:53 PM

Theme Changer

Topic: A little about myself.

(Read 4301 times)
  • 1« Previous thread | Next thread »
  • A little about myself.
     OP - January 01, 2015, 10:01 PM

Hello lovely people,

I have been reading on the forum for quite some time and finally decided that I should create an account and introduce myself.
    I am an ex-muslim Arab girl in her mid-twenties living in Denmark. My parents are very religious, but relatively not close-minded. By that I mean that my parents understood I would never grow up to become a typical Arab housewife-kinda daughter, and "allowed" me to have boyfriends and male friends. (No sex allowed of course).
    I grew up with a lot of religious indoctrination, and despite living in Denmark most of my life, I was quite isolated from the Danish society as we lived in an area with mainly Muslims. I attended a private islamic school and due to peer pressure from the others in class, and from the society I was surrounded by, I started to wear the veil in 6th grade.
    As a child I was a loner and misunderstood by the other Arab kids as none of them shared my curiosity as to how the universe works and my love for science. I also clearly remember the day I found a book about evolution in the library at the age of 14 and reading it with great interest, and quickly sharing my thoughts with my mom who didn't quite have the reaction I expected her to. I was told to never speak of such non-sense again in the house.
    I remember telling my sister at that time that I didn't think I could believe in a God when it contradicted everything science had taught us. The God they taught us about in school was not the kind of God I wanted to believe in. That God favoured men and made life miserable for women. The God they told me about apparently didn't care enough about me to stop me from getting molested by my uncle several times as a kid. My sister cried and begged me to keep believing in God, and so I did.

Now after all these years, I have finally taken the final step at realizing who I am and admitting to myself that I do not believe in the abrahamic god or any other god for that matter. It was a very scary step and I feel very shattered at times. I do love my parents, and I know that this is not something I will ever be able to tell them. They won't be able to understand no matter what. For their sake and for my own I will keep it to myself. I struggle with thinking how I will raise my future children. How my parents will interfere. Religious holidays, that I used to enjoy as a child and that I am unsure with make any sense if I chose to not introduce them to religion at all.

This was a long rant, but just felt I had alot of things on my chest that I needed to share with someone. It's so hard to deal with this by yourself.   Smiley penguins

You are the Universe, Expressing itself as a Human for a little while- Eckhart Tolle
  • A little about myself.
     Reply #1 - January 01, 2015, 10:07 PM

Welcome to the forum Ishtar90, have a rabbit!  bunny

I am glad that you have found us and shared your story with us. It is not so atypical, as you will find from the stories of members here. There are a number of challenges now on your journey, but I think it is worth it to live free of Islam.  Smiley

how fuck works without shit??

Let's Play Chess!

harakaat, friend, RIP
  • A little about myself.
     Reply #2 - January 01, 2015, 10:15 PM

Thank you asbie  piggy

I was reading stories all night a few days ago. In a sense it's comforting to know that I'm not the only one who struggles with these problematics.
    It is the best decision I have made in my life; finally admitting to myself that I didn't believe in a god was the most liberating moment ever. I could never go back and never will.  Smiley

You are the Universe, Expressing itself as a Human for a little while- Eckhart Tolle
  • A little about myself.
     Reply #3 - January 01, 2015, 10:22 PM

Welcome! Did I miss someone else's intro, or are you the first new member of 2015?  dance

Either way, glad to have you here, and hope you stick around!  parrot
  • A little about myself.
     Reply #4 - January 01, 2015, 10:35 PM

Welcome, Ishtar :-)
  • A little about myself.
     Reply #5 - January 01, 2015, 11:16 PM

Haha yay, I am the first new member of 2015!  dance parrot

And thank you all  Smiley

• A little about myself.
     Reply #6 - January 02, 2015, 12:24 AM

I heard that the January is the month in which we get an influx of Muslims renouncing their faith and joining CEMB. Who wants to keep count?

No free mixing of the sexes is permitted on these forums or via PM or the various chat groups that are operating.

Women must write modestly and all men must lower their case.

http://www.ummah.com/forum/showthread.php?425649-Have-some-Hayaa-%28modesty-shame%29-people!
  • A little about myself.
     Reply #7 - January 02, 2015, 01:13 AM

I heard that the January is the month in which we get an influx of Muslims renouncing their faith and joining CEMB. Who wants to keep count?

In my experience, the month of Ramadan is when most new members join.
  • A little about myself.
     Reply #8 - January 02, 2015, 01:42 AM

Thank you for correcting me (a-hole)

No free mixing of the sexes is permitted on these forums or via PM or the various chat groups that are operating.

Women must write modestly and all men must lower their case.

http://www.ummah.com/forum/showthread.php?425649-Have-some-Hayaa-%28modesty-shame%29-people!
  • A little about myself.
     Reply #9 - January 02, 2015, 01:45 AM

welcome!  parrot
  • A little about myself.
     Reply #10 - January 02, 2015, 05:26 AM

Hello! I am a very new member too, but I will follow convention and present you with a parrot!  parrot
  • A little about myself.
     Reply #11 - January 02, 2015, 05:57 AM

• A little about myself.
     Reply #12 - January 02, 2015, 09:30 AM

Welcome Ishtar  parrot

I was in an exchange semester in Denmark, last year. Very beautiful country and very nice people. They know how to party  dance

May I ask if you followed your interested in Science and started studying?

• A little about myself.
     Reply #13 - January 02, 2015, 10:56 AM

Thank you all for the warm welcome here   thnkyu bunny

ElToro - haha we definitely know how to party  dance I ended up following my love for the creative aspect aswell and I am currently studying to become a ***  Smiley it was either that or physics hehe.

• A little about myself.
     Reply #14 - January 02, 2015, 11:30 AM

I'm glad to hear that  Wink

You broke the chains and followed your dreams.
  • A little about myself.
     Reply #15 - January 02, 2015, 12:00 PM

Thank you for correcting me (a-hole)

You're welcome…  Lol
  • A little about myself.
     Reply #16 - March 11, 2015, 01:59 AM

One only acquires wisdom when one sets the heart and mind open to new ideas.

Chat: http://client01.chat.mibbit.com/#ex-muslims
  • A little about myself.
     Reply #17 - March 11, 2015, 02:02 AM

Thank you for the late parrot dear hubby 001_wub

• A little about myself.
     Reply #18 - March 11, 2015, 02:04 AM

You're so welcome my dearest bunny bunny

One only acquires wisdom when one sets the heart and mind open to new ideas.

Chat: http://client01.chat.mibbit.com/#ex-muslims
  • A little about myself.
     Reply #19 - March 11, 2015, 11:27 AM

I must have missed this. Great intro  Afro
  • A little about myself.
     Reply #20 - March 11, 2015, 03:37 PM

Thank you questioner!  dance

• 1« Previous thread | Next thread »