Skip navigation
Sidebar -

Advanced search options →

Welcome

Welcome to CEMB forum.
Please login or register. Did you miss your activation email?

Donations

Help keep the Forum going!
Click on Kitty to donate:

Kitty is lost

Recent Posts

Qur'anic studies today
Yesterday at 08:44 PM

Lights on the way
by akay
Yesterday at 04:40 PM

اضواء على الطريق ....... ...
by akay
Yesterday at 12:50 PM

Do humans have needed kno...
Yesterday at 04:17 AM

What's happened to the fo...
by zeca
April 18, 2024, 06:39 PM

New Britain
April 18, 2024, 05:41 PM

Do humans have needed kno...
April 18, 2024, 05:47 AM

Iran launches drones
April 13, 2024, 09:56 PM

عيد مبارك للجميع! ^_^
by akay
April 12, 2024, 04:01 PM

Eid-Al-Fitr
by akay
April 12, 2024, 12:06 PM

Mock Them and Move on., ...
January 30, 2024, 10:44 AM

Pro Israel or Pro Palesti...
January 29, 2024, 01:53 PM

Theme Changer

Topic: Has your perception of Tommy Robinson changed since he left the EDL?

(Read 3044 times)
  • 1« Previous thread | Next thread »
  • Has your perception of Tommy Robinson changed since he left the EDL?
     OP - December 28, 2014, 01:14 PM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GyzGayfI400

His speech at the Oxford Union was released yesterday...
     Reply #1 - December 28, 2014, 01:27 PM

not really. You keep posting these links to these far-right or former far-right people and asking us about them.

"we can smell traitors and country haters"

God is Love.
    Love is Blind. Stevie Wonder is blind. Therefore, Stevie Wonder is God.

Reply #2 - December 28, 2014, 02:05 PM

I'm not sure billy, in terms of far-right hate views, from what I have seen, I have found Tommy Robinson to be more reasonable than other hate speakers. At least in recent years.
     Reply #3 - December 28, 2014, 02:35 PM

he was responsible for organising street thugs to collectively blame Muslims. He has no relevance to us. He made it harder to discuss Islamist extremism. He is not a friend of ours.

God is Love.

Reply #4 - December 28, 2014, 02:54 PM

he was responsible for organising street thugs to collectively blame Muslims.

True but just because someone has made mistakes in the past doesn't mean we should hold it against them. Heck, this forum is a support group for people whose views have changed. He did leave the EDl stating it was because he couldn't keep out the far-right extreme hateful views of its members.

Maybe it's just a gut feeling but he seems to have good intentions and has at least realised in recent years that far-right hateful views are not fair or correct.
     Reply #5 - December 28, 2014, 03:02 PM

not really. You keep posting these links to these far-right or former far-right people and asking us about them.

Jheeez calm down billy. I agree with you with regards to Tommy Robinson.

What far-right links have I posted?

I once asked about Tarek Fatah - Many would argue that he is a liberal commentator..
    I once asked about Cenk Ugyur - He is a very liberal commentator.
    I once asked about Pat Condell - I said I wasn't a big fan of him - I just wanted your opinion of him because he endorsed this forum a while back and he used to share many CEMB videos on his Twitter account..When I started that thread I did not post any videos of his either...

As for Tommy Robinson - the reason why I asked is that I am starting to see a lot more people on the left agree with his ideology. I listened to his interview with the godless spell checker - and a Canadian Muslim agreed on him with a lot of issues. Also he now has dialogue with Maajid Nawaz...

So please don't accuse me of being a far-right sympathiser...People like you give a whole new meaning to the word far-right.

I am only starting these threads to start dialogue - and to broaden my understanding.. I never said that I agree with him...
     Reply #6 - December 28, 2014, 03:11 PM

Heck, this forum is a support group for people whose views have changed.

Very good point.
     Reply #7 - December 28, 2014, 03:17 PM

A lot of his work (if you will) is with the lived experience and real life implications of the Muslim community. Some of his stuff is too far right but I think he is generally a good spoke person for that. However, he's not qualified to talk about Islamic theology, jurisprudence or similar issues.
     Reply #8 - December 28, 2014, 04:35 PM

Jheeez calm down billy. I agree with you with regards to Tommy Robinson.

I'm calm, fella

God is Love.

Reply #9 - December 28, 2014, 04:36 PM

True but just because someone has made mistakes in the past doesn't mean we should hold it against them. Heck, this forum is a support group for people whose views have changed. He did leave the EDl stating it was because he couldn't keep out the far-right extreme hateful views of its members.

Maybe it's just a gut feeling but he seems to have good intentions and has at least realised in recent years that far-right hateful views are not fair or correct.

He hasn't changed. He's still posting the same Geller / JihadWatch shit on twitter

God is Love.

Reply #10 - December 28, 2014, 05:44 PM

He hasn't changed. He's still posting the same Geller / JihadWatch shit on twitter

I really hate the Pam Geller / Robert Spencer / David Wood type people who spout absolute f*cking b*llshit about Islam. Some of these people have knowledge on Islam and some of their work is useful, but I rage every time they talk about taqiyya or when they exaggerate/make up other Islamic concepts. All I am interested in is the truth. It's a shame agendas get in the way of otherwise knowledgable people.
     Reply #11 - December 28, 2014, 05:58 PM

I hate them too - they seem to have developed a hostility to the Irish lately for some reason.  Apparently we're all anti-Semitic freaks who are leading the EU charge towards boycotting Israel and recognising Hamas.  Their paranoia is extremely ironic given that our current foreign minister is a member of a group called "Friends of Israel." 

"Befriend them not, Oh murtads, and give them neither parrot nor bunny."  - happymurtad's advice on trolls.
     Reply #12 - December 29, 2014, 03:11 AM

Tommy still on his anti-muslim rhetoric. He needs to attack ISLAMIC IDEAS not PEOPLE.

Connect odious actions to Islamic teachings and Islamic justifications. So he should say because of ISLAM this happens and this happens ETC. Instead of MUSLIMS did this and that.
     Reply #13 - January 09, 2015, 10:39 PM

Observation: He looks like a right twat in that suit.

My mind runs, I can never catch it even if I get a head start.
  • 1« Previous thread | Next thread »