Skip navigation
Sidebar -

Advanced search options →

Welcome

Welcome to CEMB forum.
Please login or register. Did you miss your activation email?

Donations

Help keep the Forum going!
Click on Kitty to donate:

Kitty is lost

Recent Posts

Qur'anic studies today
April 23, 2024, 06:50 AM

Do humans have needed kno...
April 20, 2024, 12:02 PM

Lights on the way
by akay
April 19, 2024, 04:40 PM

اضواء على الطريق ....... ...
by akay
April 19, 2024, 12:50 PM

Do humans have needed kno...
April 19, 2024, 04:17 AM

What's happened to the fo...
by zeca
April 18, 2024, 06:39 PM

New Britain
April 18, 2024, 05:41 PM

Iran launches drones
April 13, 2024, 09:56 PM

عيد مبارك للجميع! ^_^
by akay
April 12, 2024, 04:01 PM

Eid-Al-Fitr
by akay
April 12, 2024, 12:06 PM

Mock Them and Move on., ...
January 30, 2024, 10:44 AM

Pro Israel or Pro Palesti...
January 29, 2024, 01:53 PM

Theme Changer

Topic: An apology from a Man

(Read 24392 times)
  • Previous page 1 2 34 Next page « Previous thread | Next thread »
  • An apology from a Man
     Reply #60 - December 30, 2014, 02:49 AM

Quod as he is a man(ish).

Cheesy

`But I don't want to go among mad people,' Alice remarked.
     `Oh, you can't help that,' said the Cat: `we're all mad here. I'm mad.  You're mad.'
     `How do you know I'm mad?' said Alice.
     `You must be,' said the Cat, `or you wouldn't have come here.'
  • An apology from a Man
     Reply #61 - December 30, 2014, 03:07 AM

Interesting. So it's not just that you're simply unmoved by it, you're actually repulsed? Actually this might be a question for your intro thread.

Wrote a reply, and got an error message that I'd been blocked, so I'll try again. Yes, I am sex repulsed, to the point that just the concept is physically sickening. Like normal people feel about certain popular shock sites. Weirdly, homosexuality is slightly less revolting to me than heterosexuality, but still very revolting.

Jedi, I'm 26. So I think if I was going to "bloom" and develop sexual attraction, it would have happened by now.

Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil, for I have a sonic screwdriver, a tricorder, and a Type 2 phaser.
  • An apology from a Man
     Reply #62 - December 30, 2014, 03:34 AM

Since you are asexual there is no risk of you being tempted to copulate with me therefore I shall converse with you.

Have you tried speaking to a counsellor?

No free mixing of the sexes is permitted on these forums or via PM or the various chat groups that are operating.

Women must write modestly and all men must lower their case.

http://www.ummah.com/forum/showthread.php?425649-Have-some-Hayaa-%28modesty-shame%29-people!
  • An apology from a Man
     Reply #63 - December 30, 2014, 03:51 AM

Yeah, I've done therapy off and on. I think most of talk therapy's a load of hooey. (Is that a word that brits use? I don't know what its etymology is, it might just be an American word.) A therapist won't try to give you a solution to any of your problems, they won't even tell you what they think, they'll tell you to evaluate your OPTIONS. When I'm really upset, I find it much more useful to talk to someone who will say "well, that's fucked up" than "well, what are your options?" I know what my options are, I obsess about literally everything, and I've gone over all the options. I don't need to hear "Well, what are your options?" when I want to know what to do about being so paranoid that I always develop an escape plan in the event of a shooting or bombing at any location I'm at. The problem is that I spend too much time dwelling on my options, not that I need to find out what my options are. So therapy is a load of crap.

Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil, for I have a sonic screwdriver, a tricorder, and a Type 2 phaser.
  • An apology from a Man
     Reply #64 - December 30, 2014, 03:51 AM

Since you are asexual there is no risk of you being tempted to copulate with me therefore I shall converse with you.

Lol, you said copulate.  Cheesy

how fuck works without shit??

Let's Play Chess!

harakaat, friend, RIP
  • An apology from a Man
     Reply #65 - December 30, 2014, 04:42 AM

Yeah, I've done therapy off and on. I think most of talk therapy's a load of hooey. (Is that a word that brits use? I don't know what its etymology is, it might just be an American word.) A therapist won't try to give you a solution to any of your problems, they won't even tell you what they think, they'll tell you to evaluate your OPTIONS. When I'm really upset, I find it much more useful to talk to someone who will say "well, that's fucked up" than "well, what are your options?"

Happy to help. It's defo fucked up. parrot

Devious, treacherous, murderous, neanderthal, sub-human of the West. bunny
  • An apology from a Man
     Reply #66 - December 30, 2014, 05:27 AM

^ does therapy for phobias and compulsions ever work? even for something like depression or anxiety i dont have a lot of faith in therapy. 

welcome zero, have a parrot parrot 

i find this whole apology thing a bit  cringey tbh. you shouldnt apologise for being a man. nobody should ever apologise for the wrongs of some members of whatever group they were randomly assigned to at birth/conception. 
  • An apology from a Man
     Reply #67 - December 30, 2014, 05:48 AM

^hmm. Yes, don't apologies for others.

"Between stimulus and response there is a space. In that space is our power to choose our response. In our response lies our growth and our freedom." - Viktor E. Frankl

'Life is just the extreme expression of complex chemistry' - Neil deGrasse Tyson
  • An apology from a Man
     Reply #68 - December 30, 2014, 06:08 AM

There are people who say that therapy works. I think probably it works for some people, but I'm not sure if it's actually a medical benefit--like if the act of therapy is itself providing relief--or if it's a placebo effect. We know that when people feel that there is an expert who cares, they experience less of whatever the negative thing is, even if there is no actual medical benefit to what the person is doing, e.g., people who have had a wisdom tooth pulled and are administered a pain relief medicine via an unmanned IV report more pain than people who had a wisdom tooth pulled and were administered a sugar pill by a nurse who asked them how they felt and if they needed anything, or any homeopathy or similar voodoo pseudo-science doctor anywhere. But I don't think there's really a way to answer that question definitively.

There is also research that says that the #1 factor affecting the outcome of your therapy is how well you feel the therapist can relate to you. (If you're interested in reading that study, it's in one of the studies I quoted in this paper: http://bit.ly/1JZ0zB9. Not sure which one, it was a long time ago and there are a lot of them.) If you feel like your therapist doesn't really seem to understand you, you're less likely to report feeling better as a result of seeing them.

I find going to a psychiatrist much more helpful. I tell them my problems briefly, they say "mhm," write them down, and give me some drugs. I take the drugs, I feel better. Also, moving away from Washington, DC seems to have helped a hell of a lot.  I was super paranoid there. I kept a bag packed for like 2 years so I could live in the embassy of some country that seemed more friendly if I ever felt that was necessary. Thanks to taking Happy PillsTM and not being surrounded by people who say scary things, I don't have a packed bag anymore. But big crowds and buildings that I can't get a clear shot at the exit to still bother me.

• An apology from a Man
     Reply #69 - December 30, 2014, 10:37 AM

I was going to as but I won't as I think it's inappropriate for a man o ask this so I'll wait for one of the vaginally challenged members to ask you, also I don't know how old you are and also I don't like the free mixing of the sexes.

Please do not reply to Quod as he is a man(ish). Keep your distance at Shariah recommendation of three posts minimum.

What??
  • An apology from a Man
     Reply #70 - December 30, 2014, 10:38 AM

Satire of islamic attitudes. Ummah member parody basically.

`Oh, you can't help that,' said the Cat: `we're all mad here. I'm mad.  You're mad.'
  • An apology from a Man
     Reply #71 - December 30, 2014, 10:41 AM

Hmmk  Tongue
  • An apology from a Man
     Reply #72 - December 30, 2014, 11:55 PM

What??

As far as I can tell vaginally challenged implies lack of vagina, so Jedi is telling us that he is a woman and is interested in men's unique perspective on the situation. I think.

Let's Play Chess!

harakaat, friend, RIP
  • An apology from a Man
     Reply #73 - December 31, 2014, 12:10 AM

Vaginally challenged is one who is in possession of vagina on account of her lack of Taqwa.

Please, may I remind members not to free mix with each other. Have some HAYYA Asbie and Senga. You've been warned.

Man does not need to apologise. Allah created one to guard the other on account of her deficient intelligence.

No free mixing of the sexes is permitted on these forums or via PM or the various chat groups that are operating.

Women must write modestly and all men must lower their case.

http://www.ummah.com/forum/showthread.php?425649-Have-some-Hayaa-%28modesty-shame%29-people!
  • An apology from a Man
     Reply #74 - December 31, 2014, 12:59 AM

Cheesy
    What is taqwa anyway? And what will happen if I ignore the warning?  Tongue
  • An apology from a Man
     Reply #75 - December 31, 2014, 07:27 AM

Cheesy
    What is taqwa anyway? And what will happen if I ignore the warning?  Tongue

We should ignore it. Free mixing (whatever that means) for life!

Let's Play Chess!

harakaat, friend, RIP
  • An apology from a Man
     Reply #76 - January 01, 2015, 04:01 PM

Wow, what happened here? Grin

Gal, I'm afraid I must suggest that you're confused on a bunch of issues you've discussed in this thread. Sex itself is not the cause of "everything in this thread" or actually really any societal ills on its own. Responsible sex between consenting adults, between partners, et cetera is very much harmless and has benefits in strengthening the bond between couples and reducing stress and other such positives for one's well-being. I myself could live without it, but that doesn't mean that it doesn't have a positive effect for us, much like it was designed to, considering that we are social animals.

When we start talking about problems that come along with sexual desires, it's no longer fair to blame sex, we're talking about a monster more complicated, and while it's true that wiping out recreational sex from the species would probably fix this, it's no more a viable or appropriate solution than wishing women weren't around to be raped to solve the rape of women. So let's be realistic for a moment about what the true problems are now and try to address them.

A lot of the issues we have with sexualizing and objectifying women and girls is a direct result of beliefs, ideals and double-standards, whether proudly promoted or subconsciously held, by many people in places like the United States (something both you and I can talk about easily), or even more extreme and overt issues elsewhere.

The movement and the efforts to remove these double-standards, to allow a woman to be in touch with her sexuality or lack thereof, or her own desires, or in control of her clothing or mannerisms or career without being subject to humiliation, mistreatment, belittlement or violence because of this is feminism. And a great deal of our societal problems re sexuality and women can be greatly relieved by addressing these gender issues. It also means redefining what it is that makes a woman deserving of respect and equal treatment from abiding by particular social expectations to being a human being.

No, feminism is not defined by the most crazy self-identified feminists you can find on the internet. I recommend that you familiarize yourself with what exactly feminism is as an ideology rather than let your opinions be entirely formed by your disgust with the loud minority of its proponents. Like I said in an earlier post to you, I made this mistake once myself. You know, it's not very cool to self-identify as a feminist, especially nowadays, you can get a lot of shit for it, and there's the immediate connotation of you being an out-of-control man-hater. It sounds a lot more interesting and it gets you far more compliments from men to say that you don't necessarily agree with feminism, especially when you're both operating under the assumption that feminism is this caricature and not just the idea that women should be equal to men.

Here's a little tip, not necessarily for you, but I guess for anyone: if you're proud of being anti-feminist, whatever, do what you need to do to feel unique, but if you find a man who is also proud of you for it, you should get the fuck away from him. He might actually mean it. If you are proud of being anti-feminist and your definition of it is actually that women deserve to be equal, then I couldn't feel more sorry for you.
  • An apology from a Man
     Reply #77 - January 01, 2015, 10:06 PM

Lua, I realize that sexual orientation and sexual activity are two different things, and just because a person is attracted to another person won't necessarily cause huge problems. But sometimes it will cause problems. I think that if we could replace sexuality with a much more meaningful way to express affection and get to know another person, like the ability to mind meld (controlled telepathy), that would make the world a better place. I feel like intimacy of the mind, the ability to know and love a person for who they really are, rather than what they look like, would be better than physical intimacy.

• An apology from a Man
     Reply #78 - January 01, 2015, 10:16 PM

Well, luckily they aren't mutually exclusive. In fact, there are many people who require some sort of emotional connection or love to have sex with another person in the first place, and for some of them it's little more than an expression of love. Yes, sometimes it might cause problems, just like anything can cause problems sometimes, even drinking too much water. Unfortunately (?) we will never have a perfect utopia, so I personally like to support movements and causes that will at least bring us in the right direction.

It would be pretty cool if mind melding and all that was an option, I guess (I might opt out of that given the chance, actually), but since it's not, we've still got sex. Messy, sure, imperfect, sure, but nothing to take up arms against, especially if you've got nothing to replace it. But I understand how with sex, like a lot of things about being human and alive, it would make things so much easier in some ways if it wasn't even an issue, but it's not even remotely spectacular in that regard. It's hard to think of something you couldn't say that about. 
  • An apology from a Man
     Reply #79 - January 01, 2015, 10:22 PM

I don't think we can live without physical touch  though, it would be ideal to have a combination of mind melding and physical  love and affection.  I had two family members who chose a celibate lifestyle, lived alone, they passed away at an early age, i am convinced it was due to a lack of physical affection throughout their lives..   I don't have a partner but i get affection from my daughters, i can't go a week without insisting that they brush and plait my hair lol love it : )
  • An apology from a Man
     Reply #80 - January 01, 2015, 10:33 PM

I don't think we can live without physical touch  though, it would be ideal to have a combination of mind melding and physical  love and affection.  I had two family members who chose a celibate lifestyle, lived alone, they passed away at an early age, i am convinced it was due to a lack of physical affection throughout their lives..   I don't have a partner but i get affection from my daughters, i can't go a week without insisting that they brush and plait my hair lol love it : )

That is why pets like a dog for example are very important to have.

Let's Play Chess!

harakaat, friend, RIP
  • An apology from a Man
     Reply #81 - January 01, 2015, 11:04 PM

But you know what a comedian can joke about? What's the one joke you hear about prisons? "Don't drop the soap." That's a rape joke, about male on male rape. And it's perfectly acceptable. And have you seen how culture treats a man accusing a woman of rape, vs. a woman accusing a man of rape?

Valid point.

Yes, rape does happen. And yes, only an estimated 2-8% of the reports are fabricated. Women are not being systematically silenced about their sexual abuse and forced to endure shame and systematic minimizing of the abuse in western countries OUTSIDE OF RELIGIOUS INSTITUTIONS.

Invalid.

"Work without hope draws nectar in a sieve, and hope without an object cannot live." -Coleridge

http://sinofgreed.wordpress.com/
  • An apology from a Man
     Reply #82 - January 03, 2015, 07:20 PM

Yeah, I've done therapy off and on. I think most of talk therapy's a load of hooey. (Is that a word that brits use? I don't know what its etymology is, it might just be an American word.) A therapist won't try to give you a solution to any of your problems, they won't even tell you what they think, they'll tell you to evaluate your OPTIONS. When I'm really upset, I find it much more useful to talk to someone who will say "well, that's fucked up" than "well, what are your options?" I know what my options are, I obsess about literally everything, and I've gone over all the options. I don't need to hear "Well, what are your options?" when I want to know what to do about being so paranoid that I always develop an escape plan in the event of a shooting or bombing at any location I'm at. The problem is that I spend too much time dwelling on my options, not that I need to find out what my options are. So therapy is a load of crap.

How did you get inside my head? How do we get out?

Don't let Hitler have the street.
  • An apology from a Man
     Reply #83 - January 05, 2015, 02:12 AM

I mean, sure, but that's a function of our being primates, I think Harry Harlow's rather unethical experiments kind of prove that. Clearly if I had the kind of powers required to give humanity telepathy, I'd be able to change that.

• An apology from a Man
     Reply #84 - January 05, 2015, 04:29 AM

Why not relax and accept that touch can be as magical as the telepathy of your dreams.

Not just magical, but banal, comforting, routine, human.
  • An apology from a Man
     Reply #85 - March 07, 2015, 08:15 PM

finmad WHEN WILL WOMEN START TO APOLOGISE TO US MEN FOR BEING SUCH TEMPTRESSES AND LEADING US ASTRAY!!!  finmad

ha ha ha!
    Never knew I was that gorgeous!
  • An apology from a Man
     Reply #86 - March 08, 2015, 12:12 AM

Is this a serious post or a way to get a foot in grooming emotionally vulnerable members?

Still waiting for an answer.

• An apology from a Man
     Reply #87 - March 08, 2015, 12:27 AM

Zero hasn't been on for almost 2 months, so hopefully such a nefarious plan has been thwarted.

Let's Play Chess!

harakaat, friend, RIP
  • An apology from a Man
     Reply #88 - March 08, 2015, 12:37 AM

It's also depressing the amount of users who reacted so positively to this crap.

• An apology from a Man
     Reply #89 - March 08, 2015, 02:50 AM

Yeah, you gotta be careful of those generalizations. Always scary.

Don't let Hitler have the street.
  • Previous page 1 2 34 Next page « Previous thread | Next thread »