Skip navigation
Sidebar -

Advanced search options →

Welcome

Welcome to CEMB forum.
Please login or register. Did you miss your activation email?

Donations

Help keep the Forum going!
Click on Kitty to donate:

Kitty is lost

Recent Posts

Do humans have needed kno...
April 16, 2024, 07:25 AM

New Britain
April 16, 2024, 12:05 AM

Iran launches drones
April 13, 2024, 09:56 PM

عيد مبارك للجميع! ^_^
by akay
April 12, 2024, 04:01 PM

Eid-Al-Fitr
by akay
April 12, 2024, 12:06 PM

What's happened to the fo...
April 11, 2024, 01:00 AM

Lights on the way
by akay
February 01, 2024, 12:10 PM

Mock Them and Move on., ...
January 30, 2024, 10:44 AM

Pro Israel or Pro Palesti...
January 29, 2024, 01:53 PM

Pakistan: The Nation.....
January 28, 2024, 02:12 PM

Gaza assault
January 27, 2024, 01:08 PM

Nawal El Saadawi: Egypt's...
January 27, 2024, 12:24 PM

Theme Changer

Topic: An apology from a Man

(Read 24356 times)
  • Previous page 1 23 4 Next page « Previous thread | Next thread »
  • An apology from a Man
     Reply #30 - December 28, 2014, 02:09 AM

It is happening in the West. To take Australia as an example, on average one woman is killed by her partner or ex approximately every week. In my view, this counts as "problem in the West".

It shouldn't be surprising that an activist of any persuasion would be largely concerned with what is happening in their own country. Not only is it likely to affect them, or their friends, personally but it's also the place where they probably have the most chance of getting results. This doesn't mean that they have no interest in what is happening in other countries.

And whatever you may think of Sarkesian, AFAIK (not having read her stuff) the point that she is basically making is that if you are living in a society where women are regularly killed by their partners, providing "entertainment" which treats similar killings as acceptable/admirable/funny is not likely to help the situation, and in fact may say quite a bit more about the society than some people would like it to. On the face of it, this seems reasonable.

Yes, intimate partner and domestic violence is a problem (and usually relates to what I said earlier about women not being the property of a man). But it's not one of the problems that is being addressed by those modern, western feminists. Instead they focus on things that aren't actual problems. Like the "casting off my womb" art exhibit. What problem is that supposed to solve? Or Anita Sarkesian saying she spent "hours" playing video games, and people trolled her and so The Magic Patriarchy is out to silence her and she needs your money. Or whoever that annoying redhead one is that screams all the time.

With regards to Sarkesian just being anti-violence in video games, the video games she lamblasted didn't show intimate partner violence, they showed violence against random people; and they all showed far and away more men than women being the victims of violence. Women on TV don't die in gory ways, for the most part, because that would hurt the viewing public's sensibilities. And video games where women are supposed to be protected and rescued? That's sexism too, because women shouldn't be seen as "damsels in distress." So women can't be hurt, and they also can't be protected.

Here is a list of some of the ways that the modern feminist movement is just plain self-contradictory, including these ones from the comments:
    11. We believe that all women should be able to choose for themselves what they wish to do in life, but if a woman chooses something considered "woman's work", we will let her know that she has failed as a "feminist" by making that choice.
    12. We're sex positive, but we think all men are filthy rapey beasts who should cross the road to avoid us. And heaven forbid they should express or even think sexual thoughts about us, because that objectifies and dehumanizes us, and infects us with their beastliness.

http://www.skepticink.com/skepticallyleft/2013/01/06/dear-modern-feminists-so-this-is-what-youre-saying/

Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil, for I have a sonic screwdriver, a tricorder, and a Type 2 phaser.
  • An apology from a Man
     Reply #31 - December 28, 2014, 02:54 AM

You're a contrarian, Galfromusa. No harm in that.

I am too, for my sins and possibly to my detriment.
  • An apology from a Man
     Reply #32 - December 28, 2014, 04:11 AM

Heh, David, blame the Jew in me. Often I'll just argue a point, not because I even believe it, but because I like a good debate. Jews seem to have always liked to do that. There's a theoretical case in the Talmud of a guy who was thatching his roof in the nude, and fell onto his sister-in-law, who was sunbathing nude, and accidentally somehow got aroused and impregnated her (wut?). The discussion is about whether or not he is legally responsible for financially supporting the child (they decided he isn't, but he is responsible for paying any medical bills she incurs because of his falling onto her).

Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil, for I have a sonic screwdriver, a tricorder, and a Type 2 phaser.
  • An apology from a Man
     Reply #33 - December 28, 2014, 04:17 AM

A problem with your posts and your blog post you linked to seems to be that you both claim feminism is men hating and all these other qualities, and then denounce them. Uh, yeah, I denounce the hatred of men, too, and there's a totally separate ideology for that. It's called misandry. Not feminism. So I guess I'm going to have to ask you to define your terms.

When you say feminism, can you describe precisely what you mean, galfromusa?
  • An apology from a Man
     Reply #34 - December 28, 2014, 06:27 AM

Heh, David, blame the Jew in me.

I always blame the Jews for everything, just on principle.

Devious, treacherous, murderous, neanderthal, sub-human of the West. bunny
  • An apology from a Man
     Reply #35 - December 28, 2014, 06:35 AM

Yes, intimate partner and domestic violence is a problem (and usually relates to what I said earlier about women not being the property of a man). But it's not one of the problems that is being addressed by those modern, western feminists.

Which "modern, western feminists"? I think you'd be hard pushed to find one that wasn't concerned about murder and DV.

Here is a list of some of the ways that the modern feminist movement is just plain self-contradictory, including these ones from the comments:
    11. We believe that all women should be able to choose for themselves what they wish to do in life, but if a woman chooses something considered "woman's work", we will let her know that she has failed as a "feminist" by making that choice.
    12. We're sex positive, but we think all men are filthy rapey beasts who should cross the road to avoid us. And heaven forbid they should express or even think sexual thoughts about us, because that objectifies and dehumanizes us, and infects us with their beastliness.

You seem to be talking about a caricature of feminism, or about fringe nuttery that calls itself feminism.

• An apology from a Man
     Reply #36 - December 29, 2014, 01:20 AM

I am just a regular English Guy, not a muslim, or any other religion.

I just want to express how sorry I feel when I see my fellow men treating you women in the ways we do. It's really horrible and offensive.  Obviously its not JUST  Muslims,  that beat oppress and grossly misunderstand their women ,there are horrible men everywhere, but having read the Koran, its very very clear, that women are regarded as objects and worse.
    What is really sad (in an ironic way though  richly deserved) is the fact that these ignorant fear provoking morons that lay down the law to woman  all over the world, loose BIG TIME.
    What do they loose? They loose the incredible privilege of knowing a woman as a friend and life journey partner.

Personally, I find, that loving a woman is like exploring a  Palace, one where the stars are present in every window and the universe is kept within. What a privilege to know another human so close.

Don't misunderstand, I don't think men and women are equal. No, we both possess different virtues, yet it's very clear that women are frequently  streets ahead of men in so many ways. I think its evolution - women largely  know how to be with others  in tolerance without having a spear in their hands.

when I think of the behaviour and attitudes of men it is so surprising to me that it is even possible to live with many of my species.

I just want to say SORRY speaking as a man  - part of the sex that exercises this oppression

Z

Is this a serious post or a way to get a foot in grooming emotionally vulnerable members?

`But I don't want to go among mad people,' Alice remarked.
     `Oh, you can't help that,' said the Cat: `we're all mad here. I'm mad.  You're mad.'
     `How do you know I'm mad?' said Alice.
     `You must be,' said the Cat, `or you wouldn't have come here.'
  • An apology from a Man
     Reply #37 - December 29, 2014, 03:30 PM

/insert long rant I can't be bothered to type out about the modern feminist movement being the embodiment of all evil and demonizing all men and masculinity and how that's the opposite of what we need, we need equality not an anti-"patriarchy." Whatever that is, since no feminist seems to be able to define it, or rather they all can define it but no two of them the same way. And since when is being straight immoral? According to some feminists, PIV sex is always rape, which doesn't even make sense because PIV sex is the only way babies got made for several million years, and from what I've heard some women actually like it, even if I'm not one of them. And women have an equal amount of responsibility for their sexuality as men; if a woman does something totally consensual and then regrets it later, that's not rape, it's her being a dumbass and she needs to take responsibility for that and learn and move on.

Women are not being "objectified", that isn't even a real thing, it's a myth like Yeti. Women might be being sexualized (is that a string of words that makes sense?), but usually, they're the ones who are doing it, not men. (Have you ever seen a man forcing a woman to put on makeup or a mini skirt or high heels outside of TV or a video game? That shit doesn't really happen in real life, it's not a real problem that tons of women are facing.) Yes there are tons of men who are super creepy and will do things like follow a woman around for a half hour or cyberstalk or do something like that. But there are also women who throw themselves at men and won't leave. (Ever heard of a woman poking a hole in a condom or lying about being on the Pill so she can force a man to stay in her life? Or even making up that she's pregnant altogether and stealing a baby? This *is* stuff that actually happens in real life.) And I'm sure that this happens in the gay and lesbian community too. We need to deal with the problem of mental illnesses that cause people to do this incredibly insane stuff, not just say that all men are the problem and all women are victims.

So the feminist movement isn't actually helping women anymore, it's just making things worse for everyone and someone needs to talk some sense into those assholes.

Well, women don't need other women to put them down either. 
  • An apology from a Man
     Reply #38 - December 29, 2014, 07:55 PM

The kind of feminists I mean are those ones that are constantly on youtube and tumblr and stuff being absolutely insane. Like this one: http://witchwind.wordpress.com/2013/12/15/piv-is-always-rape-ok/
    I mean, I'm anti-sexual and believe that in an ideal world sexuality should be removed from the human experience and all new humans should be made in something like Borg maturation chambers (although I know that that's not really feasible, so it won't actually happen in the near future, and even if it does happen eventually it won't wipe out sexuality, just drive it underground), and even I know that all sex isn't rape.

• An apology from a Man
     Reply #39 - December 29, 2014, 08:07 PM

Ok, so hang on a minute. While agreeing that some people who label themselves feminists are completely loony, just as there are loonies to be found under any broad label, that doesn't mean that everyone who calls themselves feminist is completely loony. Some of them seem to be quite sane. Nor does it mean that the idea of feminism per se is a bad thing. In essence, it's just basic human rights applied to both halves of the population, which seems quite reasonable to me.

And why would you be anti-sexual? If you don't want to be sexual yourself that's fine, but what has that got to do with anyone else, and why would you be against sexuality in general if it's not your problem?

• An apology from a Man
     Reply #40 - December 29, 2014, 09:13 PM

The kind of feminists I mean are those ones that are constantly on youtube and tumblr and stuff being absolutely insane. Like this one: http://witchwind.wordpress.com/2013/12/15/piv-is-always-rape-ok/

I feel like I'm now dumber having read that.

how fuck works without shit??

Let's Play Chess!

harakaat, friend, RIP
  • An apology from a Man
     Reply #41 - December 29, 2014, 10:20 PM

I mean, I'm anti-sexual and believe that in an ideal world sexuality should be removed from the human experience and all new humans should be made in something like Borg maturation chambers (although I know that that's not really feasible, so it won't actually happen in the near future, and even if it does happen eventually it won't wipe out sexuality, just drive it underground), and even I know that all sex isn't rape.

Are you serious? Of course there are weirdo's everywhere and if someone thinks PIV (had to look that up) is always rape, that is a weirdo. But sorry, your borg thingy sounds weird to me too. Isn't it up to other people how they'd like to behave sexually? That a woman can be as sexually active as a man without being called a whore and without the double standards?

• An apology from a Man
     Reply #42 - December 29, 2014, 11:45 PM

Ok, so hang on a minute. While agreeing that some people who label themselves feminists are completely loony, just as there are loonies to be found under any broad label, that doesn't mean that everyone who calls themselves feminist is completely loony. Some of them seem to be quite sane. Nor does it mean that the idea of feminism per se is a bad thing. In essence, it's just basic human rights applied to both halves of the population, which seems quite reasonable to me.

And why would you be anti-sexual? If you don't want to be sexual yourself that's fine, but what has that got to do with anyone else, and why would you be against sexuality in general if it's not your problem?

I didn't say feminism has never done any good. It did a lot of good in the early part of the last century. And there are still a lot of places in the world that need more women's rights. But it seems like there are a heck of a lot of feminists that are causing more problems than they're solving.

I'm anti-sexual because I see sexuality as harmful to society. From my perspective as an outsider to sexuality, it *solves* one problem: organisms inheriting DNA from more than one parent are able to have their DNA adapt to changes in the environment more quickly, leading to better survival outcomes. But it *causes* loads of problems. Like this whole thread. But I know that the other 99-odd percent of humans seem to enjoy having sex (makes sense, if you evolved to need to have something for you/your species to survive, evolution usually makes you like it), so I have accepted the fact that sexuality isn't going anywhere, unless someone dies and makes me God.

• An apology from a Man
     Reply #43 - December 30, 2014, 12:31 AM

I hope you are never God.

If you think that people have sex merely for biological reasons then you are indeed foolish.

There are people who are unable to conceive but still do have sex, conversely there are others that can conceive yet use protection. Take a sociology class on sex and learn about power dynamics. Also take an anthropology class and learn how sex is instrumental in defining relationships on a spiritual/emotional level. Sex transcends biology. Better yet have sex and feel the MIND BLOWING enjoyment that you are currently missing out on.

Depending upon your partner previous experience may not be necessary. 

No free mixing of the sexes is permitted on these forums or via PM or the various chat groups that are operating.

Women must write modestly and all men must lower their case.

http://www.ummah.com/forum/showthread.php?425649-Have-some-Hayaa-%28modesty-shame%29-people!
  • An apology from a Man
     Reply #44 - December 30, 2014, 01:14 AM

Galfro, didn't you say on another thread that your husband had left you for a rich man (or something like that)?

Being 'anti-sexual' is a bit draconian even if you've been cheated, mistreated and the earth didn't move (I'm not assuming any of the above in your case).

As Jedi says, sex can bring you closer to your human potential than almost anything else, including music, literature, laughter, friendship, climbing glaciers and floating over reefs. If you're really lucky, that is.
  • An apology from a Man
     Reply #45 - December 30, 2014, 01:39 AM

I hope you are never God.

Ditto. I wouldn't want to live in a world like that.
    Is this a serious post or a way to get a foot in grooming emotionally vulnerable members?

Seriously, I want to know.

`Oh, you can't help that,' said the Cat: `we're all mad here. I'm mad.  You're mad.'
  • An apology from a Man
     Reply #46 - December 30, 2014, 01:52 AM

sex can bring you closer to your human potential than almost anything else, including music, literature, laughter, friendship, climbing glaciers and floating over reefs.

This.

No free mixing of the sexes is permitted on these forums or via PM or the various chat groups that are operating.

http://www.ummah.com/forum/showthread.php?425649-Have-some-Hayaa-%28modesty-shame%29-people!
  • An apology from a Man
     Reply #47 - December 30, 2014, 01:57 AM

As Jedi says, sex can bring you closer to your human potential than almost anything else, including music, literature, laughter, friendship, climbing glaciers and floating over reefs.

Wut.

Edit: Never mind, it seems like we're using the phrase human potential to refer to something like enjoyment/euphoria instead of the more common meaning of achievement, the former which of course it does.

Let's Play Chess!

harakaat, friend, RIP
  • An apology from a Man
     Reply #48 - December 30, 2014, 02:04 AM

Nope, I meant human potential in its entirety.
  • An apology from a Man
     Reply #49 - December 30, 2014, 02:06 AM

Including the potential for contracting all sorts of diseases, and for having major dramas with people you're fucking, or were fucking, or want to fuck. grin12

• An apology from a Man
     Reply #50 - December 30, 2014, 02:08 AM

.Seriously, I want to know.

Give him a break man. I've sometimes wondered whether you target young females on chat etc. It's your businness if you do, of course.
  • An apology from a Man
     Reply #51 - December 30, 2014, 02:09 AM

Sex can feel really good. Certain kinds may or may not cause diseases and/or babies. End of.

Let's Play Chess!

harakaat, friend, RIP
  • An apology from a Man
     Reply #52 - December 30, 2014, 02:22 AM

Give him a break man. I've sometimes wondered whether you target young females on chat etc. It's your businness if you do, of course.

Huh? I don't use the chat.

• An apology from a Man
     Reply #53 - December 30, 2014, 02:25 AM

Aha. So you prey on them in the playground?

• An apology from a Man
     Reply #54 - December 30, 2014, 02:31 AM

Only recreationally.

• An apology from a Man
     Reply #55 - December 30, 2014, 02:37 AM

Wut.

Edit: Never mind, it seems like we're using the phrase human potential to refer to something like enjoyment/euphoria instead of the more common meaning of achievement, the former which of course it does.

Sex inspires the arts.

You should see my pubic hair.

• An apology from a Man
     Reply #56 - December 30, 2014, 02:39 AM

Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Pix. Go on.

• An apology from a Man
     Reply #57 - December 30, 2014, 02:41 AM

Galfro, didn't you say on another thread that your husband had left you for a rich man (or something like that)?

Being 'anti-sexual' is a bit draconian even if you've been cheated, mistreated and the earth didn't move (I'm not assuming any of the above in your case).

Actually that's not the reason I'm anti-sexual, and I married a gay man specifically because he wanted to have sex with me about as much as I want to have sex with him (i.e., not at all). As far as I know I've always been anti-sexual (or at least asexual), from the time that I was introduced to the concept of sexuality. I always figured I'd end up married, because everyone gets married and stays married the rest of their life or else lives in shame and disgrace (at least that's what I was taught as a kid), but I never had any interest in sexuality, I only had disgust for it.

• An apology from a Man
     Reply #58 - December 30, 2014, 02:42 AM

Interesting. So it's not just that you're simply unmoved by it, you're actually repulsed? Actually this might be a question for your intro thread.

• An apology from a Man
     Reply #59 - December 30, 2014, 02:48 AM

Actually that's not the reason I'm anti-sexual, and I married a gay man specifically because he wanted to have sex with me about as much as I want to have sex with him (i.e., not at all). As far as I know I've always been anti-sexual (or at least asexual), from the time that I was introduced to the concept of sexuality. I always figured I'd end up married, because everyone gets married and stays married the rest of their life or else lives in shame and disgrace (at least that's what I was taught as a kid), but I never had any interest in sexuality, I only had disgust for it.

I was going to as but I won't as I think it's inappropriate for a man o ask this so I'll wait for one of the vaginally challenged members to ask you, also I don't know how old you are and also I don't like the free mixing of the sexes.

Please do not reply to Quod as he is a man(ish). Keep your distance at Shariah recommendation of three posts minimum.

• Previous page 1 23 4 Next page « Previous thread | Next thread »