Skip navigation
Sidebar -

Advanced search options →

Welcome

Welcome to CEMB forum.
Please login or register. Did you miss your activation email?

Donations

Help keep the Forum going!
Click on Kitty to donate:

Kitty is lost

Recent Posts

Lights on the way
by akay
Today at 04:40 PM

Qur'anic studies today
by zeca
Today at 02:45 PM

اضواء على الطريق ....... ...
by akay
Today at 12:50 PM

Do humans have needed kno...
Today at 04:17 AM

What's happened to the fo...
by zeca
Yesterday at 06:39 PM

New Britain
Yesterday at 05:41 PM

Do humans have needed kno...
Yesterday at 05:47 AM

Iran launches drones
April 13, 2024, 09:56 PM

عيد مبارك للجميع! ^_^
by akay
April 12, 2024, 04:01 PM

Eid-Al-Fitr
by akay
April 12, 2024, 12:06 PM

Mock Them and Move on., ...
January 30, 2024, 10:44 AM

Pro Israel or Pro Palesti...
January 29, 2024, 01:53 PM

Theme Changer

Topic: The Islamic Marriage

(Read 3430 times)
  • 1« Previous thread | Next thread »
  • The Islamic Marriage
     OP - December 14, 2014, 01:49 PM

When I first read this I felt so Absurd but then again this is what happens when you are living in a country so cold lol:) but how come people like these are not executed then Cry

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2837721/Saudi-husband-tells-bride-wants-divorce-wedding-seeing-face-time-photographer-asked-pose-pictures.html
  • The Islamic Marriage
     Reply #1 - December 14, 2014, 08:17 PM

Err...  I'm not sure what to say. It's like something from Onion News.
    Poor girl.

turnipovich
  • The Islamic Marriage
     Reply #2 - December 14, 2014, 10:06 PM

Well, it is their (men's) God-given right... finmad

Can't even imagine how she may feel now...

Danish Never-Moose adopted by the kind people on the CEMB-forum
    Ex-Muslim chat (Unaffliated with CEMB). Safari users: Use "#ex-muslims" as the channel name. CEMB chat thread.
  • The Islamic Marriage
     Reply #3 - December 14, 2014, 10:11 PM

Saw this a while ago.. It's absurd. Like, he chose to marry a girl not showing her face at all. (could ve been a man too haha)

poor girl tho.. getting so exited to marry and all... then this happens
    these kinda men piss me off :(

Dogs never bite me - just humans. ~ M. Monroe

Religions seem to cause more grief than good.

Exmuslim Chat
  • The Islamic Marriage
     Reply #4 - December 14, 2014, 10:18 PM

Well this is what according them is right and they can't be questioned because they belong to the Royal Families in the god given Kingdom seriously poor girl I pity on her..
  • The Islamic Marriage
     Reply #5 - December 16, 2014, 03:44 AM

Oh, how sad.

Interestingly, my husband's cousin, who lives in the states now, has agreed to an arranged marriage with a woman he's never met who is in KSA right now. She and her family are unsurprisingly unwilling to send along a photograph of her face for him to have and consider, so they're going into it blind. He will find out what she looks like on their wedding day, I guess!
  • The Islamic Marriage
     Reply #6 - December 16, 2014, 03:52 AM

Interestingly, my husband's cousin, who lives in the states now, has agreed to an arranged marriage with a woman he's never met who is in KSA right now. She and her family are unsurprisingly unwilling to send along a photograph of her face for him to have and consider, so they're going into it blind. He will find out what she looks like on their wedding day, I guess!

I have a cousin who doesn't even want to talk to potential husbands until after the nikkah because she would find it uncomfortable.

It really boggles my mind.  If she isn't comfortable talking to the man one on one how will she be comfortable sharing a bed with him Huh?

In my opinion a life without curiosity is not a life worth living
  • The Islamic Marriage
     Reply #7 - December 16, 2014, 03:58 AM

Yeah, I was shy enough as it was, and I'd been in long-term relationships before. Grin I don't know how people do that to themselves.
  • The Islamic Marriage
     Reply #8 - December 16, 2014, 04:06 AM

It's like a blind one night stand. Only it's for more than one night.

The couple first meets during the wedding night. They say hi and chat idly for a few minutes and then have sex.   And if their lucky the husband actually remembers the pre copulation dua.

• The Islamic Marriage
     Reply #9 - December 16, 2014, 04:08 AM

... :(
  • The Islamic Marriage
     Reply #10 - December 16, 2014, 08:33 AM

Oh, how sad.

You know what happens when a muslim man grants divorce to her wife, as you are aware about the stupid Talaq system. I think as per the lousy Islamic Shariah Law Cry there are two ways of doing it.when the man pronounces one talaq the woman remains in a period of separation called Iddah for three months until he can take her back if not she is "automatically" divorced. and the other method is that a man can give three consecutive talaq's to end the shit and abandon her for ever. this procedure requires 3 minimum witnesses(this is the weirdest shit in any religion)
     once they get separated the man has to give all the jewelery from their marriage along with the Mehr back to the woman. I guess in Asian countries its done a different way where men gets back all the jewellery back from the woman.
  • The Islamic Marriage
     Reply #11 - December 16, 2014, 09:03 AM

You don't need witnesses according to the fiqh I've been taught. The wife needn't even be awate of the divorce. The ultimate power lies always with the man.

"The healthiest people I know are those who are the first to label themselves fucked up." - three
  • The Islamic Marriage
     Reply #12 - December 16, 2014, 09:59 AM

I don't know if it is from the Shiite scholars which you are referring from or the Sunni ones. but I guess according to Islamic Shariah this is the procedure to go about it. the reason people wonder for Islam to support men always can be from a basic theory that when Man was casted from Clay women were made from a Mans ribs I dont know whether if this has got to do anything about Islam making men superior to women everywhere lipsrsealed Please correct me if I am wrong.
  • The Islamic Marriage
     Reply #13 - December 16, 2014, 01:03 PM

What of this stuff is actually defined clearly in the koran and how much is interpretation and tradition?

When you are a Bear of Very Little Brain, and you Think of Things, you find sometimes that a Thing which seemed very Thingish inside you is quite different when it gets out into the open and has other people looking at it.

A.A. Milne,

"We cannot slaughter each other out of the human impasse"
  • The Islamic Marriage
     Reply #14 - December 16, 2014, 02:13 PM

It's like a blind one night stand. Only it's for more than one night.

The couple first meets during the wedding night. They say hi and chat idly for a few minutes and then have sex.   And if their lucky your the husband actually remembers the pre copulation dua.

Well didnt it exist that you can have an islamic marriage paper for like a few hours just to have sex? Then you are actually having halal sex XD

Exmuslim Chat
  • The Islamic Marriage
     Reply #15 - December 16, 2014, 05:06 PM

Lol thats a good one. you are actually right this is practiced in Iran officially known as Muta'h it has a strange sound which the arabic vowel gives important of stressing the letter 'a' into multiple 'aaaaaaa'  Smiley I saw a documentary on youtube which is truly existing and thanks to the Khomeini governments who introduced this to the society  Tongue

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=edTeJFsBsqM
  • The Islamic Marriage
     Reply #16 - December 16, 2014, 05:14 PM

@Ladybird
    @MOI
    @Cornflower
    @TheDarkRebel
    @MIA
    @Nikolaj
    @Lua

The punchline of the Muta'h is that it can last starting from 15 minutes to 99 years  Wink and it is widely accepted that Allah is happy with you if you have so many Mutah's in a lifetime  Tongue and you will be knocking the door of Jannah everytime you're officially performing a Muta'h grin12
  • The Islamic Marriage
     Reply #17 - December 16, 2014, 07:43 PM

I always forget the name. Now I wont haha (mutaah). So I heard about it cuz they would open a halal stripclub somewhere with muslim women, but men could only have sex with this mutaah and they should sign the marriage contract. I was like okkk...

So now I now, everytime I wanna do something with my bf I should just sign the mutaah contract... My parents cant do anything, cuz I aint doing any haram hahahahaha

Exmuslim Chat
  • The Islamic Marriage
     Reply #18 - December 17, 2014, 12:04 AM

Well said Ladybird, its a practice how Muslim men use to tangle ladies in and perform adultery after all Islam has many ways to spread Adultery and Promote Sex Afro anything which relates Islam into it becomes Halal grin12
  • The Islamic Marriage
     Reply #19 - December 17, 2014, 12:36 AM

Well didnt it exist that you can have an islamic marriage paper for like a few hours just to have sex? Then you are actually having halal sex XD

I think you're referring to a Mutah marriage. It's only permissible in twelver Shia Islam.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nikah_mut%E2%80%98ah

• The Islamic Marriage
     Reply #20 - December 17, 2014, 10:29 AM

'verbal agreement'. So I can tell someone, or someone can tell me: I wanna have a mutah marriage with you for 1 day. Then have sex. So then I didnt do something haram? And just have sex without a '1day agreement' is haram...?

Anyways, its a strange thing in itself.

Ontopic: wasnt it ok to see the womans face before you'd marry her?

Exmuslim Chat
  • The Islamic Marriage
     Reply #21 - December 17, 2014, 07:30 PM

Thanks ladybird according to their Islamic shariah which distances a man from woman normally it isn't allowed for any bridegroom to see the brides face until his marriage
    On the contrary tell me something do all Muslims follow this today??  Wink

On the other contrary mutaah is a licensed prostitution  Afro
  • The Islamic Marriage
     Reply #22 - December 17, 2014, 08:47 PM

According to shariah, the suitor has the right to see the face of the woman, some fuqahaa go even further and include her hair,neck and hans/feet. I've heard some even say he can look at her naked (without her knowing, like peeping Tom through the window)

"The healthiest people I know are those who are the first to label themselves fucked up." - three
  • The Islamic Marriage
     Reply #23 - December 17, 2014, 08:56 PM

...heard that before.Only crazy salafists(I aint gonna use double e) say such things. Believing in faceveil for women...and watching a naked woman without first being married.
  • The Islamic Marriage
     Reply #24 - December 17, 2014, 09:48 PM

What of this stuff is actually defined clearly in the koran?

I'm pretty sure that's an oxymoron of some sort.

أشهد أن لا إله
  • 1« Previous thread | Next thread »