Skip navigation
Sidebar -

Advanced search options →

Welcome

Welcome to CEMB forum.
Please login or register. Did you miss your activation email?

Donations

Help keep the Forum going!
Click on Kitty to donate:

Kitty is lost

Recent Posts

Qur'anic studies today
April 23, 2024, 06:50 AM

Do humans have needed kno...
April 20, 2024, 12:02 PM

Lights on the way
by akay
April 19, 2024, 04:40 PM

اضواء على الطريق ....... ...
by akay
April 19, 2024, 12:50 PM

Do humans have needed kno...
April 19, 2024, 04:17 AM

What's happened to the fo...
by zeca
April 18, 2024, 06:39 PM

New Britain
April 18, 2024, 05:41 PM

Iran launches drones
April 13, 2024, 09:56 PM

عيد مبارك للجميع! ^_^
by akay
April 12, 2024, 04:01 PM

Eid-Al-Fitr
by akay
April 12, 2024, 12:06 PM

Mock Them and Move on., ...
January 30, 2024, 10:44 AM

Pro Israel or Pro Palesti...
January 29, 2024, 01:53 PM

Theme Changer

Topic: From Muslim Born to Full Grown Ex Muslim

(Read 3872 times)
  • 1« Previous thread | Next thread »
  • From Muslim Born to Full Grown Ex Muslim
     OP - December 09, 2014, 03:21 PM

Let me take this opportunity to Introduce myself I am Rahman from Dubai before even I started to think about leaving Islam forever i lacked confidence within me. I come from a very strict Islamic background as my fathers roots belong to the Mecca region in Saudi Arabia. for 30 years of my life I underwent torture of being governed under  the strict Islamic laws. even talking to a girl or woman was considered as a sin as there were not much girls who were open minded during my teenage. over a period of time I grew up I learnt the Quran and starting reciting Surahs and Kalimahs from it just for the heck of it because of the pressure which was imposed on me from my family. one day I realized what if there is no god at all, what if all of this is fake as it is just a book. it wouldn't completely make sense as we have been following it from a long time with lack of evidence. I argued the same with my father who said I was possessed with a Jinn but the truth about me and my religion is "Nil" I started considering my religion a fake. my father used to work in the Municipality took me to the nearby mosque for a consultation from the Imams and big guys of that area(who were mostly shaikhs) the argument went in a heated manner as the Imam commanded my father to remove me from the family. normally this was done who had done a grave mistake(like adultery within family) after all I only questioned about my religion. and there I was sad and depressed standing in the middle of the street I went to my friend who afforded me food and shelter for a while I started looking for some jobs for a year later I got an opportunity to work in Johannesburg in South Africa after Six months I migrated there and felt happy as there were not many Muslims and felt peaceful here. this was the time before 5 years from now I became exmuslim the shahada which I used to recite "La ilaha illallah muhamadur rasulillah" meant nothing to me. I considered myself happy alone as I dint have anybody to tell me to pray at the time of prayer and nobody asked me to recite duahs and kalimahs which meant nothing to me I feel peaceful this way. Henceforth I wanted to be part of a community to share my thoughts on Islam-The Most Hated Religion in the world and need your help and support in doing this.
     Reply #1 - December 09, 2014, 03:25 PM

Welcome! Thanks for making an introduction.

I'm sorry to hear about your past, and I'm glad things are looking better for you!
     Reply #2 - December 09, 2014, 10:32 PM

. . . . I argued the same with my father who said I was possessed with a Jinn but the truth about me and my religion is "Nil" . . . .

Speaking of the Jinn  and for a touch of levity,
    link to  http://wikiislam.net/wiki/Farsideology:_Lesson_8_-_The_Jinn

Kind Regards,
    Farside of wikiislam.net
     Reply #3 - December 09, 2014, 10:50 PM

Ahlan wa sahlan freemessenger  Smiley
     Reply #4 - December 10, 2014, 12:10 AM

Welcome, and I am sorry for your loss. Many here have had the same experience.  parrot

Don't let Hitler have the street.
     Reply #5 - December 10, 2014, 12:56 AM

Hi freemessenger,

I was never a Muslim but I am a your brother in humanity Smiley I have nothing against Muslims in general but I recognise the struggle nonbelievers in the culture have and support their struggle from religious and cultural dogmas.

A welcome parrot for you parrot

Very happy to hear that you found liberty in South Africa.

Also your friend there - how did people react to him helping you?

Welcome again,
    Nikolaj Smiley

Danish Never-Moose adopted by the kind people on the CEMB-forum
    Ex-Muslim chat (Unaffliated with CEMB). Safari users: Use "#ex-muslims" as the channel name. CEMB chat thread.
     Reply #6 - December 10, 2014, 02:38 AM

shlama 'aleykh!
     Reply #7 - December 10, 2014, 03:02 AM

Greetings! Glad to have you here.
    Here's your introductory parrot:  parrot

Atheism is a non-prophet organization.

The sleeper has awakened -  Dune

Give a man a fish, and you'll feed him for a day Give him a religion, and he'll starve to death while praying for a fish!
     Reply #8 - December 10, 2014, 03:33 AM

Quote from: freemessenger
    Henceforth I wanted to be part of a community to share my thoughts on Islam-The Most Hated Religion in the world and need your help and support in doing this.

Wow! The Most Hated Religion in the world!

वासुदैव कुटुम्बकम्
    Entire World is One Family
    سارا سنسار ايک پريوار ہے
     Reply #9 - December 10, 2014, 08:30 AM

Welcome Smiley Are you still in SA??? If so then welcome fellow South African  Wink

"I Knew who I was this morning, but I've changed a few times since then." Alice in wonderland

"This is the only heaven we have how dare you make it a hell" Dr Marlene Winell
     Reply #10 - December 10, 2014, 07:25 PM

I
    Let me take this opportunity to Introduce myself I am Rahman from Dubai before even I started to think about leaving Islam forever i lacked confidence within me. I come from a very strict Islamic background as my fathers roots belong to the Mecca region in Saudi Arabia. for 30 years of my life I underwent torture of being governed under  the strict Islamic laws. even talking to a girl or woman was considered as a sin as there were not much girls who were open minded during my teenage. over a period of time I grew up I learnt the Quran and starting reciting Surahs and Kalimahs from it just for the heck of it because of the pressure which was imposed on me from my family. one day I realized what if there is no god at all, what if all of this is fake as it is just a book. it wouldn't completely make sense as we have been following it from a long time with lack of evidence. I argued the same with my father who said I was possessed with a Jinn but the truth about me and my religion is "Nil" I started considering my religion a fake. my father used to work in the Municipality took me to the nearby mosque for a consultation from the Imams and big guys of that area(who were mostly shaikhs) the argument went in a heated manner as the Imam commanded my father to remove me from the family. normally this was done who had done a grave mistake(like adultery within family) after all I only questioned about my religion. and there I was sad and depressed standing in the middle of the street I went to my friend who afforded me food and shelter for a while I started looking for some jobs for a year later I got an opportunity to work in Johannesburg in South Africa after Six months I migrated there and felt happy as there were not many Muslims and felt peaceful here. this was the time before 5 years from now I became exmuslim the shahada which I used to recite "La ilaha illallah muhamadur rasulillah" meant nothing to me. I considered myself happy alone as I dint have anybody to tell me to pray at the time of prayer and nobody asked me to recite duahs and kalimahs which meant nothing to me I feel peaceful this way. Henceforth I wanted to be part of a community to share my thoughts on Islam-The Most Hated Religion in the world and need your help and support in doing this.

I thank you all for your support and encouragement honestly it was a great relief after getting rid of i-slam, prayers and the so called the Allah ideology. for the first time I realize that i am not the only one. guys you all rock and lets keep our posts rolling with a little bit of salt and pepper, and with a touch of Islamic blasphemy:)
     Reply #11 - December 10, 2014, 07:26 PM

Welcome Smiley Are you still in SA??? If so then welcome fellow South African  Wink

Glad to have you here, I live and work in Johannesburg mate where are you from?
     Reply #12 - December 10, 2014, 07:28 PM

Greetings! Glad to have you here.
    Here's your introductory parrot:  parrot

Definitely a big thanx for the lovely parrot I feel like going round and round and round lol  thnkyu
    Looking forward to hear from you soon with a lot of posts about I-SLAM  Wink
     Reply #13 - December 10, 2014, 07:30 PM

Walaikum Alsalam guess that much of arabic is not needed after all I consider arabic to be a language to engrave ISLAM Wink
     Reply #14 - December 10, 2014, 07:33 PM

Ahlan wa sahlan freemessenger  Smiley

Thanks Abu ali, I feel a lot more better after getting reply from you:)
  • 1« Previous thread | Next thread »