Skip navigation
Sidebar -

Advanced search options →

Welcome

Welcome to CEMB forum.
Please login or register. Did you miss your activation email?

Donations

Help keep the Forum going!
Click on Kitty to donate:

Kitty is lost

Recent Posts

اضواء على الطريق ....... ...
by akay
April 28, 2024, 06:41 AM

Lights on the way
by akay
April 27, 2024, 01:26 PM

New Britain
April 27, 2024, 08:42 AM

What's happened to the fo...
April 27, 2024, 08:30 AM

Qur'anic studies today
April 23, 2024, 02:50 AM

Do humans have needed kno...
April 20, 2024, 08:02 AM

Do humans have needed kno...
April 19, 2024, 12:17 AM

Iran launches drones
April 13, 2024, 05:56 PM

عيد مبارك للجميع! ^_^
by akay
April 12, 2024, 12:01 PM

Eid-Al-Fitr
by akay
April 12, 2024, 08:06 AM

Mock Them and Move on., ...
January 30, 2024, 05:44 AM

Pro Israel or Pro Palesti...
January 29, 2024, 08:53 AM

Theme Changer

Topic: Qu'ran Parody

(Read 5554 times)
  • 1« Previous thread | Next thread »
  • Qu'ran Parody
     OP - December 07, 2014, 09:04 PM

Hey,

So this is apparently a parody video with "fake quran verses" written in the quranic style.

Can any of you arabic speakers translate this video ? In whole or in part ?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ops6jUjTgSw

In my opinion a life without curiosity is not a life worth living
  • Arabic Speakers ! Translation Help
     Reply #1 - December 08, 2014, 09:23 AM

It's basically praising reason (&atheism!) and damning unfound belief, lol. I must say, hearing that sing-songy voice that they use to read the Quran used to praise atheism is quite novel  grin12

إطلب العلم ولو في الصين

Es sitzt keine Krone so fest und so hoch,
    Der mutige Springer erreicht sie doch.

I don't give a fuck about your war, or your President.
     Reply #2 - December 08, 2014, 09:23 AM

I don't have the time to transcribe the text I see in the video but if it's written somewhere I will translate it.

إطلب العلم ولو في الصين

Es sitzt keine Krone so fest und so hoch,
    Der mutige Springer erreicht sie doch.

I don't give a fuck about your war, or your President.
     Reply #3 - December 08, 2014, 01:20 PM

In science and reason we seek help. Long live atheism the Mighty

1. A writing we wrote and presented in Arabic and we have arranged it well in arranging.

2. In order to make clear to those who have gone astray that what came to them was a human book.

3. And the oppressors who misled people and made up interpretations in their book a great deal.

4. They said so let the deniers bring verses written like it.

5. If they do that then we will not be embarrassed to say it is sufficient.

6. Do those who believe in the Qur'an think we cannot bring the like of it.

7. Nay, we are able to bring the like of that which came to them and much more rational in elucidation

8. Don't you see they fight with each other over the Qur'an, arguing & disputing enormously.

9. Did not your companion say that the sun orbits around the earth.

10. And that your Lord descends in the last third of the night, when the last third of the night on earth is constant.

11. And when knowledge from the scientists reached you making clear the cause of night and day and how it is the earth that orbits the sun.

12. You denied it and instead believed a group from amongst you, each one having different views about it and declaring it night and day.

13. And you set about greatly contriving explanations in order to find a way of solving and re-evaluating.

14. As for those who denied and insisted and became arrogant, they said how can we say that when the prophet came with the opposite many times and repeatedly.

15. Look how they differ in their affair while following the same religion, and take diverse routes and diverge in their views. Indeed they are a people who don't want to reflect deeply.

16. And they made between them and those who don't support them a enclosed barrier.

17. And they said don't listen to them they are just saying lies.

18. Didn't you criticise the ancestors from before when they said don't listen to the Qur'an. Here you are today saying the same thing.

19. You have denied science and the scientists when they say something different.

20. Yet when the science is certain and the truth is clear and are undeniable facts you say that was already written in the book.

21. They will say what you have brought (i.e these verses) is not the same as what came to us, say nay! and your preventing people from listening to it is proof.

Science has spoken the truth and the religious lie.
     Reply #4 - December 08, 2014, 01:30 PM

It's excellent!

No-one can honestly say this is not "bringing the like of it"
     Reply #5 - December 08, 2014, 01:44 PM

Awesome.  Any way to get some nasheeds out of this?  Converting the neo-Qur'anic ayas into a nasheed?
     Reply #6 - December 08, 2014, 02:24 PM

tbh I think the guy who recited it did a great job of reciting it in the "tarteel" style many reciters use when reciting the Qur'an.

Play that to most Muslims (who can't understand Arabic) along with some real verses - and I guarantee you they will not be able to tell the difference!!

The ones who speak Arabic will only be able to tell the difference because they will understand what it's saying and that it is mocking the Qur'an. They will also no doubt claim it is not as good. But that's because they must say that. They have no choice. But in reality it is without doubt just as good and though you can't see it in the English, it has the same sort of rhyming saj' as many of the shorter suras - which are generally considered the most moving parts of the Qur'an.
  • Q'uran Parody
     Reply #7 - December 08, 2014, 03:03 PM

@Abu Ali. 

The reciter is using the world Ulama to refer to scientists right ?

• Q'uran Parody
     Reply #8 - December 08, 2014, 03:20 PM

Yes
  • Q'uran Parody
     Reply #9 - December 08, 2014, 08:39 PM

But in reality it is without doubt just as good and though you can't see it in the English, it has the same sort of rhyming saj' as many of the shorter suras - which are generally considered the most moving parts of the Qur'an.

Nutjobs like Tzortzis will say that the quran is not Saj even though many academics cited by klingschor agree it is saj.

I don't get how people like Tzortzis can be so arrogant. The guy is not even fluent in arabic and he is going around giving lectures on the linguistic features of the quran which is written in classical arabic.

That's like a person who can barely string together sentences in english trying to give lectures on english literature in the 15th century.

• Q'uran Parody
     Reply #10 - December 09, 2014, 05:08 AM

Nutjobs like Tzortzis will say that the quran is not Saj even though many academics cited by klingschor agree it is saj.

Well that's all just playing with semantics - whatever you call it, these verses above are in exactly the same style as the Qur'an. They  flow beautifully. There is nothing superfluous in them that's just for rhyme etc... they are full of meaning and are amusing and spot on. They are as good - and indeed much better than some verses of the Qur'an.

I had a go writing a few verses my self a while ago and these ones are better than mine, which were a little frivolous - these have more gravity and harmony and maintain there message throughout without any need for adding artifice or padding.

There is absolutely no doubt in my mind these 21 verses are as good as anything in the Qur'an.
  • Q'uran Parody
     Reply #11 - December 09, 2014, 05:11 AM

Of course believers will deny it.

But they have to. They have no choice. Honest critical evaluation has absolutely nothing to do with the way a believer will look at such verses.
  • Q'uran Parody
     Reply #12 - December 09, 2014, 01:03 PM

That was amazing. Had I heard this a few years earlier I would have no doubt that this is a surah from the quran.
  • Q'uran Parody
     Reply #13 - December 10, 2014, 02:18 PM

Good One I enjoyed it! Lets expose them all:)
  • Q'uran Parody
     Reply #14 - December 10, 2014, 05:38 PM

There are lots knocking about on Youtube.

Perhaps this could be made a sticky and people can post any they like.

For example:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6sBWPW2ttXI
  • Q'uran Parody
     Reply #15 - December 10, 2014, 05:39 PM

But I'm not translating any more - I'm getting sick of translating lol  grin12
  • Qu'ran Parody
     Reply #16 - December 11, 2014, 01:39 AM

I recall HM made a few ''spoof surah's'' on this forum, some of which weren't even in arabic and still managed to sound quranic.
  • Qu'ran Parody
     Reply #17 - December 11, 2014, 04:11 AM

Yes, they were hilarious  Afro
  • Qu'ran Parody
     Reply #18 - January 01, 2015, 06:41 AM

Apologies for bumping this, but I just realised something. If ever you end up debating whether the quran is ''a miracle'' with a non-hafiz/non near-hafiz, play them this. As you say Hassan, they will almost certainly assume it's a genuine surah, and that's the whole ''Inimitability/''bring another like it'' thing out of the window.
  • Qu'ran Parody
     Reply #19 - January 01, 2015, 08:33 AM

Thanks, JayMac  Afro

Just listened to that parody sura again and it's really very good!!
  • Qu'ran Parody
     Reply #20 - January 01, 2015, 10:14 AM

Apologies for bumping this, but I just realised something. If ever you end up debating whether the quran is ''a miracle'' with a non-hafiz/non near-hafiz, play them this. As you say Hassan, they will almost certainly assume it's a genuine surah, and that's the whole ''Inimitability/''bring another like it'' thing out of the window.

Play what?

No free mixing of the sexes is permitted on these forums or via PM or the various chat groups that are operating.

Women must write modestly and all men must lower their case.

http://www.ummah.com/forum/showthread.php?425649-Have-some-Hayaa-%28modesty-shame%29-people!
  • Qu'ran Parody
     Reply #21 - January 01, 2015, 10:24 AM

Play what?

The spoof surah above.
  • Qu'ran Parody
     Reply #22 - January 01, 2015, 10:46 AM

Play what?

Backgammon.
  • Qu'ran Parody
     Reply #23 - January 01, 2015, 11:29 AM

Backgammon.

I'm more of a chess person Wink
  • Qu'ran Parody
     Reply #24 - January 01, 2015, 11:59 AM

I'm more of a chess person Wink

We'll see about that. Challenged.  Tongue

how fuck works without shit??

Let's Play Chess!

harakaat, friend, RIP
  • Qu'ran Parody
     Reply #25 - June 02, 2015, 11:17 PM

Urdu translation courtesy of our old friend Saif Rahman:

https://youtu.be/Rm-VK4XGpDg

Btw could someone sticky this. Took me ages to find it buried on the forum.
  • Qu'ran Parody
     Reply #26 - June 03, 2015, 09:48 AM

Its absolutely brilliant! Saw it on Islame/Saif Rahman's twitter timeline, and followed the link here. Excellent, and thanks to Hassan for the english translation, makes it much easier to share.  Afro
  • 1« Previous thread | Next thread »