Skip navigation
Sidebar -

Advanced search options →

Welcome

Welcome to CEMB forum.
Please login or register. Did you miss your activation email?

Donations

Help keep the Forum going!
Click on Kitty to donate:

Kitty is lost

Recent Posts

Do humans have needed kno...
Today at 07:25 AM

New Britain
Today at 12:05 AM

Iran launches drones
April 13, 2024, 09:56 PM

عيد مبارك للجميع! ^_^
by akay
April 12, 2024, 04:01 PM

Eid-Al-Fitr
by akay
April 12, 2024, 12:06 PM

What's happened to the fo...
April 11, 2024, 01:00 AM

Lights on the way
by akay
February 01, 2024, 12:10 PM

Mock Them and Move on., ...
January 30, 2024, 10:44 AM

Pro Israel or Pro Palesti...
January 29, 2024, 01:53 PM

Pakistan: The Nation.....
January 28, 2024, 02:12 PM

Gaza assault
January 27, 2024, 01:08 PM

Nawal El Saadawi: Egypt's...
January 27, 2024, 12:24 PM

Theme Changer

Topic: Fitting in

(Read 1816 times)
  • 1« Previous thread | Next thread »
  • Fitting in
     OP - November 27, 2014, 07:41 PM

Hi
    Ever since i left islam i have felt like i don't fit in anywhere
    Has anyone else felt like this and if you have how have you dealt with it?
  • Fitting in
     Reply #1 - November 27, 2014, 08:03 PM

I don't fit in, either. At first I was sort of having a culture shock. But now I know I just don't fit in, and as long as I keep trying and continue to reach out to people, that is all I can do. I live in a small town that is huge on family and charity, but not great at socializing outside of families. So I just need to keep being friendly and hope some other misfits find me.

Don't let Hitler have the street.
  • Fitting in
     Reply #2 - November 27, 2014, 08:22 PM

I've never fitted in anywhere, but if you're comfortable in your own skin, does it matter?
  • Fitting in
     Reply #3 - November 27, 2014, 08:27 PM

When you were a believer, did you feel like you fitted in?

I think the feeling of not fitting in is universal. Maybe the problem is when people try and make you believe that you belong where you don't feel like you belong.

Keep making friends, seeking out experiences -- you will find your home and balance.

"we can smell traitors and country haters"

God is Love.
    Love is Blind. Stevie Wonder is blind. Therefore, Stevie Wonder is God.

• Fitting in
     Reply #4 - November 28, 2014, 01:10 AM

don't worry,u shall become fit soon,and this xperience shall take place happily,the best fitness is in the humanity,and religions won,t provide it.
  • Fitting in
     Reply #5 - November 28, 2014, 01:51 AM

Hi

When we go to a new place, feel that we don't fit in, like going away to university. But gradually we get to know fellow students and become comfortable in new environment.

You will make friends with like minded people - you have chance of meeting people from wider community since you are not restricted by Islam any more. Good Luck.

वासुदैव कुटुम्बकम्
    Entire World is One Family
    سارا سنسار ايک پريوار ہے
  • Fitting in
     Reply #6 - November 28, 2014, 02:34 AM

Hi

Absolutely. Even when I was a Muslim.
    But why should it matter?

Keep making friends, seeking out experiences -- you will find your home and balance.

Afro

turnipovich
  • Fitting in
     Reply #7 - November 28, 2014, 10:12 AM

O ye, I am in search of a place that I fit into.
    And ye even as a muslim I always stood out

"I Knew who I was this morning, but I've changed a few times since then." Alice in wonderland

"This is the only heaven we have how dare you make it a hell" Dr Marlene Winell
  • Fitting in
     Reply #8 - November 30, 2014, 01:52 AM

I think people who do things differently from those around them will never fit in.  And then when you leave Islam you still have that past that has shaped you.  It's still possible to find your kindred spirits, you have to keep your eyes open and take opportunities when they come to you.  Just don't change who you are to fit in.

Out beyond ideas of wrongdoing and rightdoing,
    there is a field. I'll meet you there.
    (Rumi)
  • Fitting in
     Reply #9 - November 30, 2014, 05:39 AM

we all have.  I never really fit in.  I was never like other Somali girls.  I wanted to play street hockey with the boys, and soccer.  I wanted to get a bike and ride and race other kids.  I wanted to take karate lessons.   I loved music, I loved winter and wanted to constantly be out with the non muslim kids to play in the snow.  I wanted to wear pants all the time.  I spoke up against things that I thought were wrong especially around men and older ppl.   

Only reason I went to the mosque was bc there was a jamaican convert who used to make patties  dance the rest was boring as frack.

Oh my Christopher Hitchens its a fihrrrrrrrrrrrr
  • Fitting in
     Reply #10 - November 30, 2014, 08:02 AM

The world needs less people that merely "fit in." Be yourself, express yourself, and never compromise who you are. People will respect you more for it.

"I moreover believe that any religion that has anything in it that shocks the mind of a child, cannot be a true system."
    -Thomas Paine
  • Fitting in
     Reply #11 - November 30, 2014, 09:58 PM

Growing up I never fitted in either. I wanted rock music, jeans, horseriding and italian food. What I got was religious lectures, salvar kameez, my brother's broken bike and chapattis.

It didn't stop me being me though and gradually I have found others who have survived their childhood with their personalties intact. Their experiences may have been different from mine,  but it left them with the same feelings isolation.

Don't worry too much, you will eventually find people who make you feel less alone. Smiley

• 1« Previous thread | Next thread »