Skip navigation
Sidebar -

Advanced search options →

Welcome

Welcome to CEMB forum.
Please login or register. Did you miss your activation email?

Donations

Help keep the Forum going!
Click on Kitty to donate:

Kitty is lost

Recent Posts

Qur'anic studies today
Yesterday at 08:44 PM

Lights on the way
by akay
Yesterday at 04:40 PM

اضواء على الطريق ....... ...
by akay
Yesterday at 12:50 PM

Do humans have needed kno...
Yesterday at 04:17 AM

What's happened to the fo...
by zeca
April 18, 2024, 06:39 PM

New Britain
April 18, 2024, 05:41 PM

Do humans have needed kno...
April 18, 2024, 05:47 AM

Iran launches drones
April 13, 2024, 09:56 PM

عيد مبارك للجميع! ^_^
by akay
April 12, 2024, 04:01 PM

Eid-Al-Fitr
by akay
April 12, 2024, 12:06 PM

Mock Them and Move on., ...
January 30, 2024, 10:44 AM

Pro Israel or Pro Palesti...
January 29, 2024, 01:53 PM

Theme Changer

Topic: Veena Malik sentenced to 26 years in prison for 'blasphemous TV programme'

(Read 1846 times)
  • 1« Previous thread | Next thread »
  • Veena Malik sentenced to 26 years in prison for 'blasphemous TV programme'
     OP - November 27, 2014, 07:46 AM

The offending programme was shown several months ago and involved the couple reenacting their wedding to 'contemptuous' music

Bollywood star Veena Malik has been sentenced to 26 years in prison for taking part in a 'blasphemous' TV programme.

The 30-year-old actress, along with her husband Asad Bashir Khan Khattak, the owner of the company that aired the programme Mir Shakil-ur-Rahman and TV host Shaista Wahidi have been given 104 years in jail between them by a Pakistani court.

The offending programme was shown several months ago and involved the couple reenacting their wedding to the tune of a "contemptuous" qawwali, a traditional form of South Asian music...

Judge Shahbaz Khan also imposed a 1.3 million Pakistani rupees (£12,000 approx) fine and ordered that their properties should be sold to pay for it if they failed to do so themselves, the Times of India reports.

The judge said in his judgment that all four accused committed 'profanity' and asked the police to arrest them.

Malik is understood to currently be living in the United Arab Emirates, according to an interview reported in India Today following the judgement. The other three are also understood to be out of the country.

The group have the right to appeal in the regional high court in Gilgit-Baltistan, which Malik said she believed would be successful.

She reportedly told a local newspaper: ""26 years! Come on. 26 years is a lifetime...

"But I have faith in higher courts in Pakistan. When the final verdict comes, it will do justice to me. Nothing bad is going to happen.

"I have faced highs and lows in my life. But I am sure I haven't done anything wrong."

She has not commented directly on the accusations on her Twitter profile but she has posted a number of tweets, mostly of her newborn son Abram Khan Khattak.

She says she plans on going back to Pakistan in December.

The group have the right to appeal in the regional high court in Gilgit-Baltistan, which Malik said she believed would be successful.

She reportedly told a local newspaper: ""26 years! Come on. 26 years is a lifetime...

"But I have faith in higher courts in Pakistan. When the final verdict comes, it will do justice to me. Nothing bad is going to happen.

"I have faced highs and lows in my life. But I am sure I haven't done anything wrong."

She has not commented directly on the accusations on her Twitter profile but she has posted a number of tweets, mostly of her newborn son Abram Khan Khattak.

- "http://www.mirror.co.uk/"
     Reply #1 - November 27, 2014, 07:53 AM

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/world-news/bollywood-star-veena-malik-watch-4699005
     Reply #2 - November 27, 2014, 07:55 AM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9yRySpgs2bg
     Reply #3 - November 27, 2014, 08:25 AM

I hear my family talking about all 'the injustice against islam'

But I will never hear them talking about the injustice caused by islam like this.

Agh this makes me angry  finmad

"I Knew who I was this morning, but I've changed a few times since then." Alice in wonderland

"This is the only heaven we have how dare you make it a hell" Dr Marlene Winell
     Reply #4 - November 27, 2014, 08:31 AM

Let's not be stupid now.

He's no friend to the friendless
    And he's the mother of grief
    There's only sorrow for tomorrow
    Surely life is too brief
     Reply #5 - November 27, 2014, 06:01 PM

Dawah man would be haps.
     Reply #6 - November 27, 2014, 06:04 PM

But I have faith in higher courts in Pakistan. When the final verdict comes, it will do justice to me. Nothing bad is going to happen.

I have more faith in fruity wine coming out of a dog's ass than pakistan's justice system.

In my opinion a life without curiosity is not a life worth living
     Reply #7 - November 27, 2014, 10:37 PM

I hear my family talking about all 'the injustice against islam'

But I will never hear them talking about the injustice caused by islam like this.

Agh this makes me angry  finmad

Boo Fuckin' Hoo!  sad Poor old Prophet Mo. I bet he nearly fell off his comfy couch and spat out the grapes he was being fed by his harem of vestal virgins while lazing under the shade by the stream in paradise in his position as vice-ruler of the entire fuckin' universe, when he heard the evil sick and twisted actress dance to a song celebrating his marriage.

Phew! That was a close call. Luckily Mo can relax now in the knowledge that that evil witch will spend the next 26 years in jail, and then burn in hell for eternity.

I hope little old allah is OK too. Does he need some help? After all, omnipotent supernatural dictators need protection from young mortal females. Just imagine what damage she could have done to the all-powerful creator of the entire universe. She could have killed him, or worse still, she could have 'shaken the faith' off all those millions of beardy hyper-sensitive hair-trigger violent men.

We know that a 'true' muslim's faith is SOOO STRONG that NOTHING could EVER cause any doubt............well except a young film actress with a microphone and a pretty dress.

I am better than your god......and so are you.

"Is the man who buys a magic rock, really more gullible than the man who buys an invisible magic rock?.......,...... At least the first guy has a rock!"
  • 1« Previous thread | Next thread »