Skip navigation
Sidebar -

Advanced search options →

Welcome

Welcome to CEMB forum.
Please login or register. Did you miss your activation email?

Donations

Help keep the Forum going!
Click on Kitty to donate:

Kitty is lost

Recent Posts

Qur'anic studies today
April 23, 2024, 06:50 AM

Do humans have needed kno...
April 20, 2024, 12:02 PM

Lights on the way
by akay
April 19, 2024, 04:40 PM

اضواء على الطريق ....... ...
by akay
April 19, 2024, 12:50 PM

Do humans have needed kno...
April 19, 2024, 04:17 AM

What's happened to the fo...
by zeca
April 18, 2024, 06:39 PM

New Britain
April 18, 2024, 05:41 PM

Iran launches drones
April 13, 2024, 09:56 PM

عيد مبارك للجميع! ^_^
by akay
April 12, 2024, 04:01 PM

Eid-Al-Fitr
by akay
April 12, 2024, 12:06 PM

Mock Them and Move on., ...
January 30, 2024, 10:44 AM

Pro Israel or Pro Palesti...
January 29, 2024, 01:53 PM

Theme Changer

Topic: Soheil Arabi: New charges carry death sentence

(Read 1490 times)
  • 1« Previous thread | Next thread »
  • Soheil Arabi: New charges carry death sentence
     OP - November 26, 2014, 11:38 PM

In an arbitrary and illegal act, new charges that carry a death sentence and which do not allow a pardon were added and the death sentence of Facebook user Soheil Arabi was confirmed by the Supreme Court in Iran.

“In a surprising act, the charge of ‘corruption on earth’ which was not included in the indictment, was illegally added to the case in Branch 41 of the Supreme Court, and [Soheil Arabi's] death sentence was confirmed and sent to the Enforcement Unit of the Judiciary [to carry out the death sentence],” a source told the International Campaign for Human Rights in Iran.

The source stated that on November 25, 2014, Arabi’s lawyers requested a stay of execution and a retrial for him. “Enforcement of the death sentence will be suspended over the next few days. Currently, his lawyers only hope to buy time and to delay the execution,” said the source.

“Regrettably, the charge of ‘corruption on earth’ cannot receive a pardon, according to [Iranian] law. Therefore, at this stage there is only room for hoping that the Judge in Branch 41 of the Supreme Court announces that this charge was added by mistake and to eliminate it, sending the case to a lateral court for review. Otherwise, Mr. Arabi will be executed.”

Soheil Arabi was arrested in November 2013, and was sentenced to death on charge of “insulting the Prophet” (sabb-al-nabi) by Branch 76 of Tehran Penal Court for his writings on Facebook. His lawyers had hoped, however, that the Supreme Court would dismiss the charges based on Article 263 of the Islamic Penal Code [which explicitly states that if a suspect claims in court that he said the insulting words in anger, in quoting someone, or by mistake, his death sentence will be converted to 74 lashes] and the defense provided by the suspect [which stated this claim], but he has now been sentenced to death for a second time on charges of “corruption on earth.”

When asked on what basis the charge of “corruption on earth” was added to Arabi’s case, the source told the Campaign, “It says in the case that because Mr. Arabi had several Facebook pages with different names, and that he repeatedly insulted the Prophet on these pages, his charges are no longer just ‘insulting the prophet.’ This means that if he had only one insulting Facebook page, his charge would have been ‘insulting the Prophet,’ but because he had multiple pages, his charge is ‘corruption on earth.’ Such a justification is legally faulty.”

Read more:

http://www.iranhumanrights.org/2014/11/soheil-arabi-2/
     Reply #1 - November 26, 2014, 11:42 PM

"Corruption on earth" - as opposed to corruption on Venus, which is presumably cool.
     Reply #2 - November 26, 2014, 11:46 PM

Cheesy Cheesy
     Reply #3 - November 26, 2014, 11:52 PM

Corruption on earth, pfft - corruption on Uranus is worse. 

This story isn't funny at all, I know.  Is there a petition or anything we can sign, or would that even do any good?

"Befriend them not, Oh murtads, and give them neither parrot nor bunny."  - happymurtad's advice on trolls.
     Reply #4 - November 26, 2014, 11:55 PM

"Baby, I'll be corrupt on Uranus any time you want. cool2"

Seriously though, this sort of thing frustrates me to no end. When will the Muslim world move beyond this self-inflicted plague??
     Reply #5 - November 27, 2014, 12:03 AM

There's one here Cheetah:

http://www.gopetition.com/petitions/stop-the-execution-of-soheil-arabi.html

Wish I could say it would do any good though: (
     Reply #6 - November 27, 2014, 12:11 AM

Well, I signed it anyway.  Not much else any of us can do, sadly.

"Befriend them not, Oh murtads, and give them neither parrot nor bunny."  - happymurtad's advice on trolls.
     Reply #7 - November 27, 2014, 12:49 AM

‘corruption on earth’

That is a very good catch-all there...

I have been in a march against ISIS organised by Danish Muslims where the slogan was:

"whosoever killeth a human being it shall be as if he had killed all mankind"

Because that is what Islam is all about, right?

However, the full verse (5:32) is:

For that cause We decreed for the Children of Israel that whosoever killeth a human being for other than manslaughter or corruption in the earth, it shall be as if he had killed all mankind, and whoso saveth the life of one, it shall be as if he had saved the life of all mankind. Our messengers came unto them of old with clear proofs (of Allah's Sovereignty), but afterwards lo! many of them became prodigals in the earth.

Children of Israel... That would be Jews, right?

Well, let us take a look at the next verse (5:33):

The only reward of those who make war upon Allah and His messenger and strive after corruption in the land will be that they will be killed or crucified, or have their hands and feet on alternate sides cut off, or will be expelled out of the land. Such will be their degradation in the world, and in the Hereafter theirs will be an awful doom;

And people say I take things out of context.

And Allah is all-knowing, most merciful piggy

In other news, I think I'm soon a pseudo-hafiz grin12

Danish Never-Moose adopted by the kind people on the CEMB-forum
    Ex-Muslim chat (Unaffliated with CEMB). Safari users: Use "#ex-muslims" as the channel name. CEMB chat thread.
     Reply #8 - November 27, 2014, 12:50 AM

Death to the religious dictatorship of Iran.

Don't let Hitler have the street.
     Reply #9 - November 27, 2014, 12:52 AM

That is a very good catch-all there...

I have been in a march against ISIS organised by Danish Muslims where the slogan was:

"whosoever killeth a human being it shall be as if he had killed all mankind"

Because that is what Islam is all about, right?

However, the full verse (5:32) is:

Children of Israel... That would be Jews, right?

Well, let us take a look at the next verse (5:33):

And people say I take things out of context.

And Allah is all-knowing, most merciful piggy

In other news, I think I'm soon a pseudo-hafiz grin12

I wish they would just expel them. There are a million in the diaspora waiting with open arms.

Don't let Hitler have the street.
  • 1« Previous thread | Next thread »