Skip navigation
Sidebar -

Advanced search options →

Welcome

Welcome to CEMB forum.
Please login or register. Did you miss your activation email?

Donations

Help keep the Forum going!
Click on Kitty to donate:

Kitty is lost

Recent Posts

Do humans have needed kno...
April 16, 2024, 07:25 AM

New Britain
April 16, 2024, 12:05 AM

Iran launches drones
April 13, 2024, 09:56 PM

عيد مبارك للجميع! ^_^
by akay
April 12, 2024, 04:01 PM

Eid-Al-Fitr
by akay
April 12, 2024, 12:06 PM

What's happened to the fo...
April 11, 2024, 01:00 AM

Lights on the way
by akay
February 01, 2024, 12:10 PM

Mock Them and Move on., ...
January 30, 2024, 10:44 AM

Pro Israel or Pro Palesti...
January 29, 2024, 01:53 PM

Pakistan: The Nation.....
January 28, 2024, 02:12 PM

Gaza assault
January 27, 2024, 01:08 PM

Nawal El Saadawi: Egypt's...
January 27, 2024, 12:24 PM

Theme Changer

Topic: Greetings

(Read 3404 times)
  • 1« Previous thread | Next thread »
  • Greetings
     OP - November 26, 2014, 07:45 PM

I am new here.  I have recently left Islam in my mind and heart, but as of yet I haven't come out to my family.  I converted to Islam 20 years ago when I was 18, married, have a decent marriage, and now 5 children.  I would love to announce to everyone that I am no longer Muslim, but I am worried that if I did my husband would divorce me and take my children. (The youngest is only a baby).  My husband is a good guy overall, but for this one unfortunate aspect.  I figure I can live a lie for a while, until my baby is older.  In the meantime I am looking for ex-Muslims who understand where I'm coming from, that I love my family and my muslim friends( who don't yet know my dark secret), and that I reject Islam.  (I wrote it out in my journal that I rejected the Islamic faith and signed my name to it.  It felt great).

Other than that... I love to write fiction, I am learning German, I have a BS in Biology (which started my questioning and doubting 15 years ago--I tried every excuse I could to reconcile Islam and reality), and I am learning to play guitar.  And I am very grateful to have found this place.

Out beyond ideas of wrongdoing and rightdoing,
    there is a field. I'll meet you there.
    (Rumi)
  • Greetings
     Reply #1 - November 26, 2014, 07:49 PM

Welcome in to this haven in an ever darkening world!  far away hug

Welcome to the family  parrot
  • Greetings
     Reply #2 - November 26, 2014, 08:48 PM

Hi Carlie,

Welcome Smiley There are several others here who are or have been in a similar situation. Dig around in the older introduction threads.

Welcome parrot for you parrot

Danish Never-Moose adopted by the kind people on the CEMB-forum
    Ex-Muslim chat (Unaffliated with CEMB). Safari users: Use "#ex-muslims" as the channel name. CEMB chat thread.
  • Greetings
     Reply #3 - November 26, 2014, 11:56 PM

Welcome Carlie Smiley
    I can certainly relate to some of your story. I hope you like it here.
  • Greetings
     Reply #4 - November 27, 2014, 12:48 AM

I am new here.  I have recently left Islam in my mind and heart, but as of yet I haven't come out to my family.  I converted to Islam 20 years ago when I was 18, married, have a decent marriage, and now 5 children.  I would love to announce to everyone that I am no longer Muslim, but I am worried that if I did my husband would divorce me and take my children. (The youngest is only a baby).  My husband is a good guy overall, but for this one unfortunate aspect.  I figure I can live a lie for a while, until my baby is older.  In the meantime I am looking for ex-Muslims who understand where I'm coming from, that I love my family and my muslim friends( who don't yet know my dark secret), and that I reject Islam.  (I wrote it out in my journal that I rejected the Islamic faith and signed my name to it.  It felt great).

Other than that... I love to write fiction, I am learning German, I have a BS in Biology (which started my questioning and doubting 15 years ago--I tried every excuse I could to reconcile Islam and reality), and I am learning to play guitar.  And I am very grateful to have found this place.

Welcome! Doesn't your name mean Goddess of Destruction? I have an acquaintance with your name who regularly shorts out appliances, that never work again.  parrot

Don't let Hitler have the street.
  • Greetings
     Reply #5 - November 27, 2014, 12:50 AM

Cheesy

Danish Never-Moose adopted by the kind people on the CEMB-forum
    Ex-Muslim chat (Unaffliated with CEMB). Safari users: Use "#ex-muslims" as the channel name. CEMB chat thread.
  • Greetings
     Reply #6 - November 27, 2014, 01:24 AM

Welcome to the forum Carlie, great to have you here  Smiley

And I am very grateful to have found this place.

We basically exist to be a safe space for people like you. We're glad you found us.

"we can smell traitors and country haters"

God is Love.
    Love is Blind. Stevie Wonder is blind. Therefore, Stevie Wonder is God.

• Greetings
     Reply #7 - November 27, 2014, 04:53 AM

Thanks for the welcome everyone.  I've been reading through the forums off and on, and I love the community--and the irreverence.  It occurred to me that I should probably make my severance official by partaking in some fruit of the vine, and maybe a bit of bacon (my vegetarian self is really wondering if I'll do it).  I did eat a Rice Krispie treat from Halloween--not to mention my actually participating in a pagan holiday-- so perhaps that counts.

As for my name--if it is the name of a goddess of destruction, then it's very apt.  Lucky I thought of it.  But it really stems from my paranoia of being found out. 

Hopefully I will be able participate often--it kinda depends on my houseful of kids. 

Thanks again!  Smiley

Out beyond ideas of wrongdoing and rightdoing,
    there is a field. I'll meet you there.
    (Rumi)
  • Greetings
     Reply #8 - November 27, 2014, 07:09 AM

Hey, welcome, you sound like a lovely person. Like Thomas, I can certainly relate to some of what you fucking say.

Forgive my language btw. I'm currently listening to Run the Jewels, and they are pretty gangsta. I fear they may be affecting my muthafuckin language though. Word out.

Hi
  • Greetings
     Reply #9 - November 27, 2014, 10:37 AM

Hi Carlie, a warm welcome to you.  far away hug

There are lots of people here who cannot truly be themselves at home, so you're not alone. At least here you can say what you feel and that helps.

It's good that you can still enjoy music and literature in your life. I grew up in a home where these were basically banned, so hopefully you and your children are not being overly restricted  Smiley
  • Greetings
     Reply #10 - November 27, 2014, 12:31 PM

Hi Carlie, warm welcome,i too write fiction,b enough bold to not surrender at all.
  • Greetings
     Reply #11 - November 27, 2014, 02:39 PM

Thanks for the welcome everyone.  I've been reading through the forums off and on, and I love the community--and the irreverence.  It occurred to me that I should probably make my severance official by partaking in some fruit of the vine, and maybe a bit of bacon (my vegetarian self is really wondering if I'll do it).  I did eat a Rice Krispie treat from Halloween--not to mention my actually participating in a pagan holiday-- so perhaps that counts.

As for my name--if it is the name of a goddess of destruction, then it's very apt.  Lucky I thought of it.  But it really stems from my paranoia of being found out. 

Hopefully I will be able participate often--it kinda depends on my houseful of kids

Thanks again!  Smiley

Hey, I am a vegetarian with a household of kids, too!

Don't let Hitler have the street.
  • Greetings
     Reply #12 - November 28, 2014, 03:23 PM

Welcome to the forum Carlie Smiley

He's no friend to the friendless
    And he's the mother of grief
    There's only sorrow for tomorrow
    Surely life is too brief
  • 1« Previous thread | Next thread »