Skip navigation
Sidebar -

Advanced search options →

Welcome

Welcome to CEMB forum.
Please login or register. Did you miss your activation email?

Donations

Help keep the Forum going!
Click on Kitty to donate:

Kitty is lost

Recent Posts

Qur'anic studies today
by zeca
Today at 07:11 PM

What's happened to the fo...
by zeca
Today at 06:39 PM

New Britain
Today at 05:41 PM

Do humans have needed kno...
Today at 05:47 AM

Iran launches drones
April 13, 2024, 09:56 PM

عيد مبارك للجميع! ^_^
by akay
April 12, 2024, 04:01 PM

Eid-Al-Fitr
by akay
April 12, 2024, 12:06 PM

Lights on the way
by akay
February 01, 2024, 12:10 PM

Mock Them and Move on., ...
January 30, 2024, 10:44 AM

Pro Israel or Pro Palesti...
January 29, 2024, 01:53 PM

Pakistan: The Nation.....
January 28, 2024, 02:12 PM

Gaza assault
January 27, 2024, 01:08 PM

Theme Changer

Topic: ❀ 'Islam is about real love, not just lust'

(Read 3060 times)
  • 1« Previous thread | Next thread »
  • ❀ 'Islam is about real love, not just lust'
     OP - November 24, 2014, 08:59 PM

Views on this article?
    http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2223866/Islam-real-love-just-lust-The-party-girl-whos-embraced-new-life-Muslim-convert.html

Bad news is:
    You cannot make people like, love, understand, validate,
    accept, or be nice to you. You can't control them either.
    Good news is:
    It doesn't matter.
  • ❀ Views on this article?
     Reply #1 - November 24, 2014, 09:35 PM

Nothing special in the article to me. She tried to conform to what she thought society demanded of her. Now she is confirming to what she thinks Islam demands (obligates) of her. All she did was change the proverbial shoe. She lacked the will power to form her own identify so latched on to an ideology which provided the structure she was incapable of creating herself  If Islam makes her happy that is fine by me. However lets not pretend she is the first party girl that had a change of face to become the opposite of her past life.  One of my high-school friends, a guy, was the typical sexed up jock. Now he is a christian missionary. The only reason why there is no new paper article about his change is that Islam is not involved. Islam is not unique in it's views of "western society", strawman, since many Christians hold the same views while being part of "western society".

Reply #2 - November 24, 2014, 09:41 PM

I don't see why it is a news article. It is about as news worthy as "Sara Jones becomes a Goth".
     Reply #3 - November 24, 2014, 09:57 PM

Pretty much every hardcore Christian has their "coming to Christ" story that sound exactly the same

"I moreover believe that any religion that has anything in it that shocks the mind of a child, cannot be a true system."
    -Thomas Paine
     Reply #4 - November 24, 2014, 10:00 PM

Yah the article is very typical experience for Born Again Christians.
     Reply #5 - November 24, 2014, 10:07 PM

Before Islam she showed some BEEEEWBS; after Islam she hides her BEEEEEWBS. So what?

No free mixing of the sexes is permitted on these forums or via PM or the various chat groups that are operating.

Women must write modestly and all men must lower their case.

http://www.ummah.com/forum/showthread.php?425649-Have-some-Hayaa-%28modesty-shame%29-people!
     Reply #6 - November 24, 2014, 10:18 PM

typical dawahganda that most people see through these days

"we can smell traitors and country haters"

God is Love.
    Love is Blind. Stevie Wonder is blind. Therefore, Stevie Wonder is God.

Reply #7 - November 24, 2014, 10:24 PM

It's always sad to see some people who actually need religious justification to reevaluate their life and connect with themselves and move towards something that is more fulfilling for them.

Reply #8 - November 25, 2014, 08:39 AM

I don't understand these people. If you have a problem with heavy drinking, drug use, casual sex, revealing clothing and partying all night, why not just, I don't know, stop doing those things? Why do you have to oppress yourself and act like you don't have any choice, one way or the other?

He's no friend to the friendless
    And he's the mother of grief
    There's only sorrow for tomorrow
    Surely life is too brief
     Reply #9 - November 25, 2014, 08:45 AM

Right, it's not even like they're saying they converted to Islam because they think it's the truth or that they fear Allah and their fate after death. When people say that, I totally disagree with their premise, but whatever, I can respect it. But converting to Islam because you like the lifestyle or the values or it's such a "beautiful religion?" That's like converting to Islam because you don't want to eat pork anymore.
     Reply #10 - November 25, 2014, 09:12 AM

Al-Hamdulilah! Sister Heather (Hawa) has found the true & real happiness, peace & love. May Allah guide you all on the right path, like her.  Afro
     Reply #11 - November 25, 2014, 09:53 AM

This path, how is it constructed, is it disability accessible, are trucks allowed on it, is it in good repair, are there weeds between the paving stones, where does one rest?

Actually, as there is a flight path in the koran, but no mention of motorways, railways or canals, they are therefore haram.  Muslims mustn't drive OK?  They must walk or take a camel.  Anything else is innovation!

When you are a Bear of Very Little Brain, and you Think of Things, you find sometimes that a Thing which seemed very Thingish inside you is quite different when it gets out into the open and has other people looking at it.

A.A. Milne,

"We cannot slaughter each other out of the human impasse"
     Reply #12 - November 25, 2014, 10:37 AM

Al-Hamdulilah! Sister Heather (Hawa) has found the true & real happiness, peace & love. May Allah guide you all on the right path, like her.  Afro

Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy

He's no friend to the friendless
    And he's the mother of grief
    There's only sorrow for tomorrow
    Surely life is too brief
     Reply #13 - November 26, 2014, 01:06 PM

I don't understand these people. If you have a problem with heavy drinking, drug use, casual sex, revealing clothing and partying all night, why not just, I don't know, stop doing those things? Why do you have to oppress yourself and act like you don't have any choice, one way or the other?

Many people lack will power or require an authority figure to "guide" them to fixing their lives. This is just a basic human issue. Many people refuse to look at themselves and their actions in order to change issues they have. When I younger I use to drink heavily. After a few bad experiences I decided to stop drinking. I didn't need AA or anything. I just stopped buy booze. Many seem to be still stuck in the whole parent/child dynamic hence why the religious dynamic of believer and God is powerful. They need structure in their lives and religion does provide this for them when their society in general may not.
  • 1« Previous thread | Next thread »