Skip navigation
Sidebar -

Advanced search options →

Welcome

Welcome to CEMB forum.
Please login or register. Did you miss your activation email?

Donations

Help keep the Forum going!
Click on Kitty to donate:

Kitty is lost

Recent Posts

Do humans have needed kno...
Today at 12:02 PM

Qur'anic studies today
Yesterday at 08:44 PM

Lights on the way
by akay
Yesterday at 04:40 PM

اضواء على الطريق ....... ...
by akay
Yesterday at 12:50 PM

Do humans have needed kno...
Yesterday at 04:17 AM

What's happened to the fo...
by zeca
April 18, 2024, 06:39 PM

New Britain
April 18, 2024, 05:41 PM

Iran launches drones
April 13, 2024, 09:56 PM

عيد مبارك للجميع! ^_^
by akay
April 12, 2024, 04:01 PM

Eid-Al-Fitr
by akay
April 12, 2024, 12:06 PM

Mock Them and Move on., ...
January 30, 2024, 10:44 AM

Pro Israel or Pro Palesti...
January 29, 2024, 01:53 PM

Theme Changer

Topic: Atheism and it's shifting moralities ?

(Read 2087 times)
  • 1« Previous thread | Next thread »
  • Atheism and it's shifting moralities ?
     OP - November 21, 2014, 05:29 AM

We often here how atheism has shifting moralities but haven't the moralities of Islam also shifted through history ?

Let's take a look at Adam, the first man who according to Muslims followed Islam and was a muslim.

His kids had sex with each other (from the different sets of twins, what difference does that even make anyway ?) but now that is forbidden in Islam. So incest was allowed in Islam then but now it is forbidden, that is shifting moralities, is it not ?

The people of the cave had a dog but if I keep a pet dog I will be sinning, another changing morality ?

At one point it was halal to drink alcohol and even Abu Hanifa considered certain types of alcohol to be Halal, so why is it completely forbidden for alcohol now ? What do the hanafis say about Abu Hanifas view ? Why changing moralities ?

The hanafis, shafi's and malikis still consider those muslims who don't pray still to be muslim, but the hanbalis consider the one who abandons the prayer to be a Kafir ? who's right ? How can one set of muslims and another have different morales yet they are from the same sunni branch ? According to Hanbali Sunni Islam most of the muslims today are not even muslim as most don't pray, so what are your thoughts of that ?
     Reply #1 - November 21, 2014, 11:35 AM

I did not know Adam and Eve's children had sex with each other (?)
    I thought "God" had put more people on earth (?)

Bad news is:
    You cannot make people like, love, understand, validate,
    accept, or be nice to you. You can't control them either.
    Good news is:
    It doesn't matter.
     Reply #2 - November 21, 2014, 11:57 AM

As the famous hadith states: 'There are 72 sex in Islam'.

No free mixing of the sexes is permitted on these forums or via PM or the various chat groups that are operating.

Women must write modestly and all men must lower their case.

http://www.ummah.com/forum/showthread.php?425649-Have-some-Hayaa-%28modesty-shame%29-people!
     Reply #3 - November 21, 2014, 02:14 PM

I did not know Adam and Eve's children had sex with each other (?)
    I thought "God" had put more people on earth (?)

Yes Adam and Hawwa's (eve's) children intermarried, that is the mainstream Islamic belief.

http://islamqa.info/en/154309

http://fatwa.islamweb.net/emainpage/articles/196984/ver2/ver2/engblue/index.php?page=showfatwa&Option=FatwaId&Id=83733

http://www.questionsonislam.com/question/adam-and-eve-hawwa-s-children-got-married-there-were-no-any-other-population-so-whom-got-ma

http://www.onislam.net/english/ask-about-islam/faith-and-worship/aspects-of-worship/166292-how-did-adam-and-eves-children-reproduce.html
     Reply #4 - November 21, 2014, 02:45 PM

No wonder in Islam we're all "brother and sisters"  Cheesy That is a disgusting thought.
    I'm surprised I was not aware of that belief but then again, I never agreed with the cousin marriages in Islam either.

Bad news is:
    You cannot make people like, love, understand, validate,
    accept, or be nice to you. You can't control them either.
    Good news is:
    It doesn't matter.
     Reply #5 - November 21, 2014, 05:25 PM

I'm bored of people assuming atheism is a dogmatic rigid defined position on politics, philosophy, science etc

Atheism is not a moral position.

Atheism is just an answer of "NO" of whether you are convinced any supernatural deities exist, just as vegetarianism is an answer of "No" on if you eat meat.
     Reply #6 - December 08, 2014, 10:28 AM

"The people of the cave had a dog but if I keep a pet dog I will be sinning, another changing morality ?"

This is why I like this site so much, because I learn all the time. I had no idea that keeping a dog was a sin for muslims? What's the reasoning?

And I'd say all religions have modified their morals, society (humanism) has made most drop, ignore or use the context/it doesn't apply any more argument to the particularly immoral parts of their books.

"Take the risk of thinking for yourself much more happiness truth beauty and wisdom will come to you that way" -Christopher Hitchens
     Reply #7 - December 08, 2014, 10:33 AM

No wonder in Islam we're all "brother and sisters"  Cheesy That is a disgusting thought.
    I'm surprised I was not aware of that belief but then again, I never agreed with the cousin marriages in Islam either.

The statistics in the UK for genetic birth defects in babies with Pakistani parents is scary(55% of Pakistanis in the UK are married to their first cousin and 33% of those born with regressive genetic conditions are Pakistani muslim babies despite them being only 3% of births).

First cousin marriage whether its moral or not is certainly not healthy and the European and Egyptian royal familes suffered hugely because of inbreeding.

"Take the risk of thinking for yourself much more happiness truth beauty and wisdom will come to you that way" -Christopher Hitchens
     Reply #8 - December 08, 2014, 12:08 PM

I had no idea that keeping a dog was a sin for muslims? What's the reasoning?

Well technically it's not a sin nor is it forbidden. But, let's say it is 'disapproved' of by the majority of Muslims unless it is for a good reason such as herding, farming, hunting, guide dogs etc...

Having said that though a great many Muslims take no notice of that. We had a dog when I was a boy and in fact it was my Muslim father who bought it for us. Plus I know other practising Muslims who have dogs.

Below is a good summary of the reasons why keeping dogs is generally disapproved by most Muslims.

Most Muslim scholars agree that the saliva of a dog is ritually impure, and that contact with a dog's saliva requires one to wash seven times. This ruling comes from the hadith:

The Prophet, peace be upon him, said: "If a dog licks the vessel of any one of you, let him throw away whatever was in it and wash it seven times." (Reported by Muslim)

It is to be noted, however, that one of the major Islamic schools of thought (Maliki) indicates that its not a matter of ritual cleanliness, but simply a common-sense method way to prevent the spread of disease.

There are several other hadith, however, which warn of consequences for dog-owners:

The Prophet, peace be upon him, said: "Whoever keeps a dog, his good deeds will decrease every day by one qeeraat (a unit of measurement), unless it is a dog for farming or herding." In another report, it is said: "... unless it is a dog for herding sheep, farming or hunting." (Reported by al-Bukhaari)

The Prophet, peace be upon him, said: "Angels do not enter a house wherein there is a dog or an animate picture."

Many Muslims base the prohibition against keeping a dog in one's home, except for the case of working or service dogs, on these traditions.

http://islam.about.com/od/islamsays/a/Dogs-In-Islam.htm
  • 1« Previous thread | Next thread »