Skip navigation
Sidebar -

Advanced search options →

Welcome

Welcome to CEMB forum.
Please login or register. Did you miss your activation email?

Donations

Help keep the Forum going!
Click on Kitty to donate:

Kitty is lost

Recent Posts

Do humans have needed kno...
Today at 12:02 PM

Qur'anic studies today
Yesterday at 08:44 PM

Lights on the way
by akay
Yesterday at 04:40 PM

اضواء على الطريق ....... ...
by akay
Yesterday at 12:50 PM

Do humans have needed kno...
Yesterday at 04:17 AM

What's happened to the fo...
by zeca
April 18, 2024, 06:39 PM

New Britain
April 18, 2024, 05:41 PM

Iran launches drones
April 13, 2024, 09:56 PM

عيد مبارك للجميع! ^_^
by akay
April 12, 2024, 04:01 PM

Eid-Al-Fitr
by akay
April 12, 2024, 12:06 PM

Mock Them and Move on., ...
January 30, 2024, 10:44 AM

Pro Israel or Pro Palesti...
January 29, 2024, 01:53 PM

Theme Changer

Topic: Hi

(Read 3375 times)
  • 1« Previous thread | Next thread »
  • Hi
     OP - November 07, 2014, 02:48 PM

I found this forum maybe over a week ago, registered finally.

I was searching for a community who'd be accepting of my views and beliefs. I'm 18 years old. I was born into an Islamic family and being the eldest of four, I have to pretty much be a prime example. Over the years I started doubting my religion. I questioned why? at almost anything. Why did some muslims celebrate Eid on different days? Why are there so many groups of muslims? Why are boys more superior and have less restrictions? The normal stuff really.

Lately, I started to realise my life and childhood have been the most boring, shittiest and lonely years. I was always told by my mother that when I get married, I could do whatever I want. I'm not allowed to cut my hair short, dye it, talk to boys, go out late or whenever I please. Just small things bother me. WHY CAN'T I DO THESE THINGS?

The last few months, I started to think that religion is just a delusion, that people want something to believe in and without it they don't know who they are. I asked my mother a few times, "how do you know there's Allah?" And her answer was the most illogical response, "Because there is, and you shouldn't doubt it or else you'll go to hell." I just don't understand why I am forced a religion upon.

I just want to be free. I want to move out. I want to be able to see my boyfriend-- but he lives far and I'm hardly ever allowed away from home. All this stuff really depresses me and makes me feel more anxious than ever. It sucks more being a girl. I feel like if I "betrayed" my family, they'd make my siblings lives hell. My dad would blame my mum all her life for be turning out to be a "kafir". I'm just tired of pretending to be something I'm not, to the point where it is really started to mentally affect me.

Bad news is:
    You cannot make people like, love, understand, validate,
    accept, or be nice to you. You can't control them either.
    Good news is:
    It doesn't matter.
  • Hi
     Reply #1 - November 07, 2014, 02:56 PM

Hi Ri,

Welcome to CEMB - have a welcome parrot parrot

You have definitely come to the right place - your situation is more than well-known among the participants here.

Glad to have you here Smiley

So what is your situation - are you studying? Is there hope for or are you planning or planning to plan an escape from the Islamic bubble?

Danish Never-Moose adopted by the kind people on the CEMB-forum
    Ex-Muslim chat (Unaffliated with CEMB). Safari users: Use "#ex-muslims" as the channel name. CEMB chat thread.
  • Hi
     Reply #2 - November 07, 2014, 02:58 PM

Welcome Ri Smiley

You are not alone. Many here face a similar situation.

The first thing is please be careful with what you say to those around you. Staying safe is the most important thing for now.

Next see if you can come up with a plan of action - i.e. finish college/Uni - or train for this or that job etc... and eventually try and get some independence so you can perhaps move out and live your own life.

Until then it may be best to keep your thoughts to yourself.

You can always vent here.
  • Hi
     Reply #3 - November 07, 2014, 03:00 PM

Welcome!

What Nikolaj and Abu Ali said. I think lots of other users here have been in the same boat to some degree.

Glad to have you here. Don't feel shy about jumping in on the discussions across the forum, everyone's really friendly.  parrot
  • Hi
     Reply #4 - November 07, 2014, 03:04 PM

I was always told by my mother that when I get married, I could do whatever I want.

Also, if you're going to marry a very religious man (or marry at all) I wouldn't really bet on that being completely true. I hope you get some well-deserved freedom way before then.
  • Hi
     Reply #5 - November 07, 2014, 05:19 PM

I'm not currently in education or have a job, which makes things more difficult for me. I plan to study next year, so later I can become an air-hostess.. which would also let me be as far from my family to be myself. It's even harder when my mother starts talking about me getting married in the future and having kids; I'd have to break her heart some day and my fathers. Which is a really scary thought.

Bad news is:
    Good news is:
    It doesn't matter.
  • Hi
     Reply #6 - November 07, 2014, 05:34 PM

Plus, I start feeling guilty when something 'sinful' makes me happy.  Huh?

Bad news is:
    Good news is:
    It doesn't matter.
  • Hi
     Reply #7 - November 07, 2014, 05:48 PM

Welcome  parrot

The result of religious indoctrination. My advice would be to take a logical approach to everything you're unfamiliar with and make up your own mind about it, that has given me a fair amount of peace of mind in the past few months.

أشهد أن لا إله
  • Hi
     Reply #8 - November 08, 2014, 06:13 AM

Welcome Ri Smiley Sorry to hear of the troubles you're having. Just focus on working as soon as possible, getting independent of your parents will be the most important thing you ever do. Good luck Smiley

إطلب العلم ولو في الصين

Es sitzt keine Krone so fest und so hoch,
    Der mutige Springer erreicht sie doch.

I don't give a fuck about your war, or your President.
  • Hi
     Reply #9 - November 08, 2014, 06:40 AM

Welcome  parrot

I think you're gonna like it here. This is a really good community for people in similar situations to yours

"I moreover believe that any religion that has anything in it that shocks the mind of a child, cannot be a true system."
    -Thomas Paine
  • Hi
     Reply #10 - November 08, 2014, 10:51 AM

That's why it was chosen to be sinful.
    1: You want to do it
    2: You feel bad
    3: You eventually do it (it's usually masturbation or something)
    4: Then you feel really bad
    5: The only way to feel better is to ask forgiveness from the very thing that made you feel bad in the first place

It's called the guilt cycle.
  • Hi
     Reply #11 - November 08, 2014, 02:08 PM

Welcome! parrot There are a lot of members here in the same boat. You are not alone!

Don't let Hitler have the street.
  • Hi
     Reply #12 - November 08, 2014, 09:39 PM

Thanks for the warm welcome.
    You're all lovely. ~

bunny

Bad news is:
    Good news is:
    It doesn't matter.
  • Hi
     Reply #13 - November 08, 2014, 10:00 PM

welcome to the forum Ri  Afro

"we can smell traitors and country haters"

God is Love.
    Love is Blind. Stevie Wonder is blind. Therefore, Stevie Wonder is God.

• Hi
     Reply #14 - November 09, 2014, 11:24 AM

Hi Ri, welcome in  Smiley It's tough when you first realise how unlucky you were to be born into a muslim family. You have your whole life ahead of you so don't despair.  Smiley
  • Hi
     Reply #15 - November 10, 2014, 09:42 AM

Hello! and welcome to the forum! Smiley

for some reason, we're almost alike. I hate it when every move you, many eyes will poke on you. It's like every step you take, there must be a measure. it sucks.
  • 1« Previous thread | Next thread »