Skip navigation
Sidebar -

Advanced search options →

Welcome

Welcome to CEMB forum.
Please login or register. Did you miss your activation email?

Donations

Help keep the Forum going!
Click on Kitty to donate:

Kitty is lost

Recent Posts

Qur'anic studies today
April 23, 2024, 06:50 AM

Do humans have needed kno...
April 20, 2024, 12:02 PM

Lights on the way
by akay
April 19, 2024, 04:40 PM

اضواء على الطريق ....... ...
by akay
April 19, 2024, 12:50 PM

Do humans have needed kno...
April 19, 2024, 04:17 AM

What's happened to the fo...
by zeca
April 18, 2024, 06:39 PM

New Britain
April 18, 2024, 05:41 PM

Iran launches drones
April 13, 2024, 09:56 PM

عيد مبارك للجميع! ^_^
by akay
April 12, 2024, 04:01 PM

Eid-Al-Fitr
by akay
April 12, 2024, 12:06 PM

Mock Them and Move on., ...
January 30, 2024, 10:44 AM

Pro Israel or Pro Palesti...
January 29, 2024, 01:53 PM

Theme Changer

Topic: Leaving Religion project, looking to speak with London Based ex-muslims

(Read 2063 times)
  • 1« Previous thread | Next thread »
  • Leaving Religion project, looking to speak with London Based ex-muslims
     OP - October 31, 2014, 11:38 PM

Hello

My name is Kara Fox, and I am a​ multimedia journalist based in Southeast London.

I am currently working on my Masters​ of Digital Journalism​ at Goldsmiths College and am doing a​ feature​ piece​ of work​ as part of my degree on people who decide to leave religion​, or in many cases people who leave the ultra orthodox version or sect of their religion.

In addition to exploring people who leave certain sects of Christianity (fundamentalists/Born again) , Judaism (Hasim, ultra-orthodox) and other religions, I am also interested in exploring people who have left the Muslim faith here in the UK.

I am writing here to you all as I thought this might be a good place to open up a conversation.

I understand the sensitivity of some of these subject, and am not interested in being intrusive but rather informative and academic in my research. I am particularly sensitive to this topic as I left my religion and religious community at a young age as well.

Of course there are many posts here on this forum with some incredible stories of strength and interest to me, however I will post here first to see if anyone is interested in speaking with me directly. Ideally I would be interested in a in person interview in which you would be able to share your experiences of leaving the Muslim faith​ and what their life is like now and/or speak.

The work will be published on a blog I am working on for my masters about leaving religion that I am calling {Ex Theism}
    If this is something that I might be able to open a conversation about here, I would be very appreciative.

I look forward to hearing from you. ​ Please feel free to ask me any questions about my work if you are not clear on my aim.

Thank you,
    Kara
     Reply #1 - October 31, 2014, 11:44 PM

Maybe others can help you as I was a never an "ultra-orthodox" or "fundamentalist" Muslim. Just a regular, run-of-the-mill, Sunni Muslim.

But welcome anyway.
     Reply #2 - November 01, 2014, 01:33 AM

Hi Kara, i live in the US currently but if you want to conduct an interview on Skype i can do that. i did grow up in an ultra conservative community but i have been out for a while now. i have experienced the recruiting process of the jihadis many times. since the war in Chechnya
    good luck with your search.
  • 1« Previous thread | Next thread »