Skip navigation
Sidebar -

Advanced search options →

Welcome

Welcome to CEMB forum.
Please login or register. Did you miss your activation email?

Donations

Help keep the Forum going!
Click on Kitty to donate:

Kitty is lost

Recent Posts

Qur'anic studies today
Yesterday at 06:50 AM

Do humans have needed kno...
April 20, 2024, 12:02 PM

Lights on the way
by akay
April 19, 2024, 04:40 PM

اضواء على الطريق ....... ...
by akay
April 19, 2024, 12:50 PM

Do humans have needed kno...
April 19, 2024, 04:17 AM

What's happened to the fo...
by zeca
April 18, 2024, 06:39 PM

New Britain
April 18, 2024, 05:41 PM

Iran launches drones
April 13, 2024, 09:56 PM

عيد مبارك للجميع! ^_^
by akay
April 12, 2024, 04:01 PM

Eid-Al-Fitr
by akay
April 12, 2024, 12:06 PM

Mock Them and Move on., ...
January 30, 2024, 10:44 AM

Pro Israel or Pro Palesti...
January 29, 2024, 01:53 PM

Theme Changer

Poll

• Question: Do you care about the way you look?
  • Rarely - 2 (10.5%)
  • Sometimes - 4 (21.1%)
  • No, I dont care. I look awesome! - 2 (10.5%)
  • It depends - 1 (5.3%)
  • I don't have time for that. - 0 (0%)
  • Other - 0 (0%)
  • Mostly - 10 (52.6%)
  • Total Voters: 19

Topic: Men and Appearance

(Read 5157 times)
  • 1« Previous thread | Next thread »
  • Men and Appearance
     OP - October 31, 2014, 11:18 PM

Me just being curious
      Smiley
  • Men and Appearance
     Reply #1 - November 01, 2014, 12:22 AM

You missed out 'Yes', 'Mostly', and 'Of course, my looks are everything to me, and if I could hire a large man to carry around a full-length mirror alongside me through the day, so that I can check regularly that I am still beautiful, then I would'.

Hi
  • Men and Appearance
     Reply #2 - November 01, 2014, 12:28 AM

Use the camera!
  • Men and Appearance
     Reply #3 - November 01, 2014, 12:36 AM

Lol.

I'm mostly btw. I don't see it as a crime to try to look your best when you can.

Hi
  • Men and Appearance
     Reply #4 - November 04, 2014, 03:42 PM

Metrosexual isn't a bad word Wink Besides, a good scrub and toner and organic cream moisturizer are good for everyone...
  • Men and Appearance
     Reply #5 - November 04, 2014, 04:17 PM

LOL I accidentally voted without seeing that it was for MEN Smiley Sorry guys

"The healthiest people I know are those who are the first to label themselves fucked up." - three
  • Men and Appearance
     Reply #6 - November 04, 2014, 04:30 PM

I just throw over the ol' dusty abaya and put on the niqab. Ain't got time for that shit.

Danish Never-Moose adopted by the kind people on the CEMB-forum
    Ex-Muslim chat (Unaffliated with CEMB). Safari users: Use "#ex-muslims" as the channel name. CEMB chat thread.
  • Men and Appearance
     Reply #7 - November 04, 2014, 05:27 PM

I just throw over the ol' dusty abaya and put on the niqab. Ain't got time for that shit.

Sexy! I love me a muscly man, a nerdy man or a meteosexual man. Love men that look after themself in some way, mind, body and personality.
  • Men and Appearance
     Reply #8 - November 04, 2014, 06:29 PM

Metrosexual isn't a bad word Wink Besides, a good scrub and toner and organic cream moisturizer are good for everyone...

and a bit of make up  cool2
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U7TOUg9udfc
  • Men and Appearance
     Reply #9 - November 04, 2014, 06:30 PM

it is known that women spends lots of money on make up  Tongue
  • Men and Appearance
     Reply #10 - November 04, 2014, 09:13 PM

I regularly wear a burkha because I feel pressured to conform to societies ideals of what a man should be like. I mean, on the one hand you've got the hairy, muscely Harley Davidson riding 'butch' mans-man and on the other you have the David Beckham-eque pretty boy with abs and killer smile. There's too much pressure on men to attain these impossible targets. I hate how western society treats us men like sexual objects. Therefore, I wear my burkha to rebel against societies expectations as to what a man should look like and retain my individuality by allowing my self-pity to overwhelm me without really addressing the fact that I have low self esteem issues and should seek out alternative avenues to boost my confidence and address concerns relating to my body image. Rather than initiate a conversation witht the self and learn to accept myself for who I am I'd rather dress like a ninja. Ninjas are cool.

No free mixing of the sexes is permitted on these forums or via PM or the various chat groups that are operating.

Women must write modestly and all men must lower their case.

http://www.ummah.com/forum/showthread.php?425649-Have-some-Hayaa-%28modesty-shame%29-people!
  • Men and Appearance
     Reply #11 - November 04, 2014, 09:23 PM

Being unique is better than being a bad copy of someone. You don't need to look like some "celebrity" to feel good about yourself.
    I cant give you any sound advice about low self-esteem issues, because it's not like I can force my ideas into your brain lol
    You learn it by yourself step by step.
  • Men and Appearance
     Reply #12 - November 04, 2014, 09:56 PM

Society pressures me to wear yellow shirts, turguoise trousers, polka-dot socks and houndstooth jackets. My beauty routine too is onerous -  coconut oil, a decent razor and more water than any human being should be made to drink.
  • Men and Appearance
     Reply #13 - November 05, 2014, 01:59 AM

We South Asian brown men are a pretty hairy bunch so I spend more time on grooming than other men by necessity.

But other than controlling hair not really that much. I mean I try to go to the gym to lose weight but that's pretty much it

In my opinion a life without curiosity is not a life worth living
  • Men and Appearance
     Reply #14 - November 05, 2014, 02:09 AM

Society pressures me to wear yellow shirts, turguoise trousers, polka-dot socks and houndstooth jackets.

Pictures!! dance

turnipovich
  • Men and Appearance
     Reply #15 - November 05, 2014, 02:25 AM

Haha me too!  Afro

I voted "mostly" in case you wanna stay true to statistics.
  • Men and Appearance
     Reply #16 - November 05, 2014, 03:00 AM

I regularly wear a burkha because I feel pressured to conform to societies ideals of what a man should be like. I mean, on the one hand you've got the hairy, muscely Harley Davidson riding 'butch' mans-man and on the other you have the David Beckham-eque pretty boy with abs and killer smile. There's too much pressure on men to attain these impossible targets. I hate how western society treats us men like sexual objects. Therefore, I wear my burkha to rebel against societies expectations as to what a man should look like and retain my individuality by allowing my self-pity to overwhelm me without really addressing the fact that I have low self esteem issues and should seek out alternative avenues to boost my confidence and address concerns relating to my body image. Rather than initiate a conversation witht the self and learn to accept myself for who I am I'd rather dress like a ninja. Ninjas are cool.

This  Cheesy
  • Men and Appearance
     Reply #17 - November 05, 2014, 12:00 PM

^ I also voted mostly Grin

Despite my father being an absent shit, he was my only "male role model" after all. And he has always been super careful about his looks, always worked out, dressed fancy etc. So for me growing up, I just assumed that men in general would be like that. I was wrong Tongue but I definitely prefer someone who makes sure he looks good and takes care of himself.  It's not like that is a "femenine" characteristic.

"The healthiest people I know are those who are the first to label themselves fucked up." - three
  • 1« Previous thread | Next thread »