Skip navigation
Sidebar -

Advanced search options →

Welcome

Welcome to CEMB forum.
Please login or register. Did you miss your activation email?

Donations

Help keep the Forum going!
Click on Kitty to donate:

Kitty is lost

Recent Posts

Do humans have needed kno...
Today at 07:25 AM

New Britain
Today at 12:05 AM

Iran launches drones
April 13, 2024, 09:56 PM

عيد مبارك للجميع! ^_^
by akay
April 12, 2024, 04:01 PM

Eid-Al-Fitr
by akay
April 12, 2024, 12:06 PM

What's happened to the fo...
April 11, 2024, 01:00 AM

Lights on the way
by akay
February 01, 2024, 12:10 PM

Mock Them and Move on., ...
January 30, 2024, 10:44 AM

Pro Israel or Pro Palesti...
January 29, 2024, 01:53 PM

Pakistan: The Nation.....
January 28, 2024, 02:12 PM

Gaza assault
January 27, 2024, 01:08 PM

Nawal El Saadawi: Egypt's...
January 27, 2024, 12:24 PM

Theme Changer

Topic: The Day I First Tasted Bacon

(Read 41623 times)
  • Previous page 1 2 3« Previous thread | Next thread »
  • The Day I First Tasted Bacon
     Reply #60 - June 30, 2015, 08:23 AM

Oh, well nothing too sweet, or too strong. But what I'm after isn't the taste of the drink itself rather the sensation, I want to experience getting drunk.
     Reply #61 - June 30, 2015, 10:00 AM

Better first experience getting mellow.

As I am now, sitting outside the house on a damp, mosquitoey evening.
     Reply #62 - July 01, 2015, 04:11 AM

Oh, well nothing too sweet, or too strong. But what I'm after isn't the taste of the drink itself rather the sensation, I want to experience getting drunk.

You don't want to have just any old shit. Alcohol is a drink, a beverage. Best to have one you enjoy. Here's a few suggestions for beer. Each one of these tastes different from the other and the strength would be perfect for someone with little/no experience with alcohol. Don't guzzle, take your time. You don't know your limits and you don't want to vomit.

Leffe Blond. A fav of mine, easy to drink and a noticeable taste. People usually love it or hate it.

Ruddles Best. A very inoffensive beer, very easy to drink with subtle hints of fruit. I would describe it as a summer beer.

Hoegarrden. Probably one of those love it or hate it ones. A beer made from wheat. Having one of these and comparing it with a Leffe Blond will go a long way towards helping you figure out your taste for beers as the two styles are so different from each other.

Dublin Porter. A dark beer. If you're a fan of coffee and dark chocolate you'll find that this will be easy to grow fond of. This drink is made from dark and roasted malts and believe me, you can tell. Even served ice cold, you can taste the roast. One sip will tell you this drink was made with fire.

You might also want to experiment with cider. Can't go wrong with trying a few kopparbergs. I'd stay away from kopparberg pear, but that's because I'm not a fan of pears. The strawberry and lime and/or the mixed fruit is lovely.

You may also want to try out a blumers zesty blood orange (not as nice as the kopparberg, but I suppose that's personal preference), but I'm keeping in mind what you said about sweetness. No clue if this would be too sweet for your taste or not. But apart from that, I would encourage you to try and pick from the above. Each one is different enough from the other to be a new experience and will make it easier for you to know your own tastes.

`But I don't want to go among mad people,' Alice remarked.
     `Oh, you can't help that,' said the Cat: `we're all mad here. I'm mad.  You're mad.'
     `How do you know I'm mad?' said Alice.
     `You must be,' said the Cat, `or you wouldn't have come here.'
     Reply #63 - July 01, 2015, 08:38 AM

Wow, thanks for the overview! I think I will start off with Kopparberg and then hopefully progress to something like Dublin Porter. Soo looking forward to this!
     Reply #64 - July 01, 2015, 09:38 AM

I really, really recommend having a trusted buddy if you go out to have some drinks, especially the first few times until you know how alcohol effects you, this is seriously so important, I can't stress it enough. If you don't have a trusted buddy, buy the bottles/cans from a grocery store and take them home. Never ever EVER leave your drink unattended in a bar or club or whatever for any length of time. If you suspect anything might have been added to your drink, get a new one, especially if someone other than your trusted buddy tells you it's fine. And maybe you know all that, but it can't be repeated enough, and even if you know safety, someone else will come along who hasn't had a scary lesson on being safe.

But don't let my jaded, pessimistic hatred of the world stop you from having fun!  piggy

Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil, for I have a sonic screwdriver, a tricorder, and a Type 2 phaser.
     Reply #65 - July 01, 2015, 07:45 PM

Thoughts about Bacardi Breezers?

When you are a Bear of Very Little Brain, and you Think of Things, you find sometimes that a Thing which seemed very Thingish inside you is quite different when it gets out into the open and has other people looking at it.

A.A. Milne,

"We cannot slaughter each other out of the human impasse"
     Reply #66 - July 01, 2015, 07:56 PM

Thoughts about Bacardi Breezers?

f

Too sweet and not enough alcohol. Stick with Kopparberg cider. That stuff rules! And, it's a great pity that it is not available in the states. ::(.

If anyone here ever comes through Portland, Oregon you MUST go to Voodoo Doughnuts and get a bacon maple bar. It is soooo good, especially when you're drunk!

Atheism is a non-prophet organization.

The sleeper has awakened -  Dune

Give a man a fish, and you'll feed him for a day Give him a religion, and he'll starve to death while praying for a fish!
     Reply #67 - July 01, 2015, 11:30 PM

Thank you for the warning galfromusa. You're right in that it can be pretty risky, but I really want the first time I experience alcohol to be at a bar and I totally trust my friend. I totally plan on having fun Smiley During Ramadan no less!

"If anyone here ever comes through Portland, Oregon you MUST go to Voodoo Doughnuts and get a bacon maple bar. It is soooo good, especially when you're drunk!"

Thanks for the rec!
     Reply #68 - July 02, 2015, 02:51 AM

Wow, thanks for the overview! I think I will start off with Kopparberg

Kopparberg is absolutely fucking disgusting, a travesty.

Aspall is widely available, and a much better bet.

Reply #69 - July 02, 2015, 06:58 AM

I like bulmers cider too!
     Reply #70 - July 02, 2015, 07:10 AM

f

Too sweet and not enough alcohol.

Isn't it then precisely what is needed as a gateway drug, and oh its only a fizzy orange juice?

When you are a Bear of Very Little Brain, and you Think of Things, you find sometimes that a Thing which seemed very Thingish inside you is quite different when it gets out into the open and has other people looking at it.

A.A. Milne,

"We cannot slaughter each other out of the human impasse"
     Reply #71 - July 05, 2015, 06:03 AM

Stick with Kopparberg cider. That stuff rules! And, it's a great pity that it is not available in the states. ::(.

Kopparberg USA.

https://www.google.com/search?q=kopparberg&oq=kopparberg&aqs=chrome..69i57&sourceid=chrome&es_sm=93&ie=UTF-8#q=kopparberg+cider+usa

Quite enjoying the kopparberg strawberry and lime I'm currently drinking. Though to be fair my knowledge of cider is rather lacking.

`Oh, you can't help that,' said the Cat: `we're all mad here. I'm mad.  You're mad.'
     Reply #72 - July 05, 2015, 07:43 AM

I don't drink cider anymore but I used to enjoy Diamond white cider as a teen, apparently white cider is only drank by chavs these days lol, I can't see it in the shops anymore, suppose it would give me severe acid reflux if I drank it now lol.  Leffe is a good beer.
     Reply #73 - July 05, 2015, 07:47 AM

Is it worse than white lightening?

Reply #74 - July 05, 2015, 07:57 AM

I think I tasted better, I was after all a teenager when I last drank it and I had very cheap tastes back then lol.  I will buy a little bottle soon out of curiosity. 
     Reply #75 - July 05, 2015, 08:50 AM

Isn't it then precisely what is needed as a gateway drug, and oh its only a fizzy orange juice?

Cheesy

Reply #76 - July 07, 2015, 01:13 PM

My eyes opened,  taste buds exploded and the void that Islam had made was filled.
     Reply #77 - August 07, 2015, 08:53 PM

Aspall is widely available, and a much better bet.

^ right.

If you want to drink real quality cider also consider anything by Thatchers. Especially Katy (just one bottle of that, though  mysmilie_977 )
  • Previous page 1 2 3« Previous thread | Next thread »