Skip navigation
Sidebar -

Advanced search options →

Welcome

Welcome to CEMB forum.
Please login or register. Did you miss your activation email?

Donations

Help keep the Forum going!
Click on Kitty to donate:

Kitty is lost

Recent Posts

Qur'anic studies today
Today at 08:44 PM

Lights on the way
by akay
Today at 04:40 PM

اضواء على الطريق ....... ...
by akay
Today at 12:50 PM

Do humans have needed kno...
Today at 04:17 AM

What's happened to the fo...
by zeca
Yesterday at 06:39 PM

New Britain
Yesterday at 05:41 PM

Do humans have needed kno...
Yesterday at 05:47 AM

Iran launches drones
April 13, 2024, 09:56 PM

عيد مبارك للجميع! ^_^
by akay
April 12, 2024, 04:01 PM

Eid-Al-Fitr
by akay
April 12, 2024, 12:06 PM

Mock Them and Move on., ...
January 30, 2024, 10:44 AM

Pro Israel or Pro Palesti...
January 29, 2024, 01:53 PM

Theme Changer

Topic: Why Did I become an atheist?

(Read 18499 times)
  • Previous page 1 2 3« Previous thread | Next thread »
  • Why Did I become an atheist?
     Reply #60 - July 26, 2015, 08:23 PM

71 years ago like today, on the 26th July 1944 and 35 years later on the 27th July 1980 Iran and the world lost two great kings. Reza Shah was and always will be Iran’s greatest king and only leader who modernized Iran through improving public health, developed large road construction projects, built Trans-Iranian Railway, established high ranked universities such as the University of Tehran.Sadly, he died on 26 July 1944 South Africa of a heart ailment which he had been complaining about for many years.

After his death, his body was carried to Egypt, where it was embalmed and kept at the royal Al Rifa’i Mosque in Cairo, (also the future burial place of his son, the exiled Mohammad Reza Pahlavi. In May 1950, the remains were flown back to Iran, where the embalming was removed, and buried in a mausoleum built in his honor in the town of Ray, in the southern suburbs of the capital, Tehran. Satellite map The Iranian parliament (Majlis) later designated the title “the Great” to be added to his name. On 14 January 1979, shortly before the Iranian Revolution, the remains were moved back to Egypt and buried in the Al Rifa’i Mosque in Cairo. Following the Revolution in 1979, Reza Shah’s mausoleum was destroyed by the newly formed Islamic state, at the direction of the HYPOCRITE  Ruhollah Khomeini. Many other historical sites were destroyed by the Islamic State shortly thereafter.

His son, Mohammad Reza shah, continued his father’s strategy through White Revolution. He improved the educational system and extended suffrage to women.  Under Mohammad Reza Shah Pahlavi’s father, the government supported advancements by women against child marriage and polygamy. Specifically, women gained the right to become ministers such as Farrokhroo Parsa and judges such as Shirin Ebadi, as well as any other profession regardless of their gender. Following the Iranian revolution in 1979, conservative clerics insisted that Islam prohibits women from becoming judges and Ebadi ( the Noble prize winner) was sacked.

The Clergy opposed the White Revolution because their lands -based on land reformations’ rules- were bought by the government and then sold in smaller plots to the citizenry at a lower price. Their anger came form the fact that jobless Mullahs who had never had proper jobs and were used to taking advantage of public funds and capitals, were no longer able to own lands. The deluded, simple-minded, hysterical man who most opposed the White Revolution and the Shah himself was Ruhollah Khomeini. He was unhappy about many aspects of the White Revolution, such as granting suffrage to women, giving more rights to women to decide for their personal life such as education, marriage and divorce, allowing members of Iran’s non-Muslim minority to be elected or appointed to local offices, and most importantly losing his lands due to reformation. No wonder this hypocrite Muslim was not happy with women having a right to choose their own husband, use contraception and have right to divorce. Because based on Islamic sharia women must be treated as slaves and be used only for sex and making babies!

Khomeini also attacked provisions of the reforms that would allow members of Iran’s non-Muslim minority to be elected or appointed to local offices:

I have repeatedly pointed out that the government has evil intentions and is opposed to the ordinances of Islam. … The Ministry of Justice has made clear its opposition to the ordinances of Islam by various measures like the abolition of the requirement that judges be Muslim and male; henceforth, Jews, Christians, and the enemies of Islam and the Muslims are to decide on affairs concerning the honor and person of the Muslims.

Well, in 1979, this evil man, Khomeini, by the support of uneducated Islamic extremists, took over a wise man, Shah, who was hoping to build a better Iran. Whatever Shah planned to do in order to have a better Iran for us, fell through because they were not Islamic enough! And now we are left with a nasty terrible bloody Islamic regime…By the way, the Islamic regime’s achievements since then are as following:

1. Khomeini’s Fatwa for the massacre of 30,000 men in 1980s

2. Khomeini’s Fatwa ordering Muslims to kill Rushdie in 1988

3. Killing Zahra Kazemi in custody in 2003

4. Killing Neda Agha Soltan, Sohrab Aarabi, Mohsen Rouholamini, Mojtaba Ghaniyan and hundreds more in 2009

5. Execution of two brothers Mohammad and Abdollah Fathi in 2011

6. Fatwa against Shahin Najafi an Iranian national singer in 2012

7. Killing Sattar Beheshti in custody in 2012

8. Execution of Mohsen Amir Aslani in 2014

9. Death penalty issued for Soheil Arabi in 2014

10. Death penalty for Rouhollah Tavana in 2014

11.  Execution of 289 officially and at least 454 more that were not acknowledged by the authorities in 2014

12. Execution of 700 people in the first half of 2015

A tribute to Pahlavi dynasty …
     Reply #61 - July 27, 2015, 12:31 AM

Khomeini was bad, but the Shah had his serious faults, too, it was not all peace and gold under the rule of either the father nor the son.
    The khanate system was not a good one.

Don't let Hitler have the street.
     Reply #62 - July 27, 2015, 12:55 AM

All this talk of Khomeini reminds me of a lovely song:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aGBfYoldZQ4

Well I used to love Saddat
    But I've had that scene (She's had it, she's had it)
    I've been hit (Pow) by Schmidt (Pow)
    And I once went for Beginn (She began with Beginn)
    Well I had to discard Giscard
    Though he was kind of neat and clean (Unlike Barry Sheene)
    So I turn to this strange Islamic guy
    Oh, is that the glint of love in his eye? (Love in his eye)

Yes, Ayatollah Khomeini closer
    And I will lose my cool (Lose my cool)
    Ayatollah don't Khomeini closer
    Or I get a hold of you (Da-ba-da-ba-do)

Though you are a stubborn as a mule (Stubborn as a mule)
    I want you to be my man (Be my man)
    I may be in England (In England)
    But my heart's a hostage in Iran

Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil, for I have a sonic screwdriver, a tricorder, and a Type 2 phaser.
     Reply #63 - July 30, 2015, 11:21 AM

Khomeini was bad, but the Shah had his serious faults, too, it was not all peace and gold under the rule of either the father nor the son.
    The khanate system was not a good one.

They were not perfect, but they were trying to do their best in a country which was suffering from stupid Qajar dynasty, poverty and superstition. The fact that iranian women can vote, drive, divorce and work are all because of their hard works. The firs female judge was introduced during Mohamad Reza shah who won the noble prize while ago. Otherwise, the mullah would't give these rights to women. As I said the main reasons that deluded khomeini opposed the shah were what i mentioned above:1. lack of islamic rules 2. losing his lands
     Reply #64 - July 30, 2015, 11:23 AM

All this talk of Khomeini reminds me of a lovely song:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aGBfYoldZQ4

Well I used to love Saddat
    But I've had that scene (She's had it, she's had it)
    I've been hit (Pow) by Schmidt (Pow)
    And I once went for Beginn (She began with Beginn)
    Well I had to discard Giscard
    Though he was kind of neat and clean (Unlike Barry Sheene)
    So I turn to this strange Islamic guy
    Oh, is that the glint of love in his eye? (Love in his eye)

Yes, Ayatollah Khomeini closer
    And I will lose my cool (Lose my cool)
    Ayatollah don't Khomeini closer
    Or I get a hold of you (Da-ba-da-ba-do)

Though you are a stubborn as a mule (Stubborn as a mule)
    I want you to be my man (Be my man)
    I may be in England (In England)
    But my heart's a hostage in Iran

How funny! thank you! Cheesy
     Reply #65 - July 30, 2015, 11:42 AM

They were not perfect, but they were trying to do their best in a country which was suffering from stupid Qajar dynasty, poverty and superstition. The fact that iranian women can vote, drive, divorce and work are all because of their hard works. The firs female judge was introduced during Mohamad Reza shah who won the noble prize while ago. Otherwise, the mullah would't give these rights to women. As I said the main reasons that deluded khomeini opposed the shah were what i mentioned above:1. lack of islamic rules 2. losing his lands

Yes, but while some women were voting, driving, divorcing, and working, others were being given to the khan on their wedding night in spite of their protests.
    So maybe some laws were passed, but there were many places where such laws had no practical effect at all.

Don't let Hitler have the street.
  • Previous page 1 2 3« Previous thread | Next thread »