Skip navigation
Sidebar -

Advanced search options →

Welcome

Welcome to CEMB forum.
Please login or register. Did you miss your activation email?

Donations

Help keep the Forum going!
Click on Kitty to donate:

Kitty is lost

Recent Posts

Qur'anic studies today
Yesterday at 08:44 PM

Lights on the way
by akay
Yesterday at 04:40 PM

اضواء على الطريق ....... ...
by akay
Yesterday at 12:50 PM

Do humans have needed kno...
Yesterday at 04:17 AM

What's happened to the fo...
by zeca
April 18, 2024, 06:39 PM

New Britain
April 18, 2024, 05:41 PM

Do humans have needed kno...
April 18, 2024, 05:47 AM

Iran launches drones
April 13, 2024, 09:56 PM

عيد مبارك للجميع! ^_^
by akay
April 12, 2024, 04:01 PM

Eid-Al-Fitr
by akay
April 12, 2024, 12:06 PM

Mock Them and Move on., ...
January 30, 2024, 10:44 AM

Pro Israel or Pro Palesti...
January 29, 2024, 01:53 PM

Theme Changer

Topic: Why Did I become an atheist?

(Read 18501 times)
  • Previous page 1 23 Next page « Previous thread | Next thread »
  • Why Did I become an atheist?
     Reply #30 - October 29, 2014, 09:04 PM

I know! sorry! I am new here and just trying to find out how and where to post!!
    oh did you? how interesting!
    No I have not my family of course, they would abandon me if they knew. No I don't live there. if I was, I would be in trouble by publishing theses articles... 
     Reply #31 - October 29, 2014, 10:03 PM

No need to apologise, you seem to be doing well and getting the hang of the forum  yes

Glad you found some space. Are you still in Iran somewhere? Or are you studying abroad?

Hi
     Reply #32 - October 29, 2014, 11:54 PM

No I have not my family of course, they would abandon me if they knew. No I don't live there. if I was, I would be in trouble by publishing theses articles... 

Well many Iranians are really "cultural" Muslims or see faith as a personal matter. I have a friend here in Denmark who originates from around Tabriz, an Azeri, and he calls his family in Iran "Muslims". When he visits his family in Iran he loves to sit on the family farm with a cold beer and look at the view to the mountains. Only in his extended family there are some more hardline members where they have to tone down the kuffarism.

Also some people blog from Iran by VPN or Tor.

How do you feel about the country of Iran, and the culture of Iran?

Danish Never-Moose adopted by the kind people on the CEMB-forum
    Ex-Muslim chat (Unaffliated with CEMB). Safari users: Use "#ex-muslims" as the channel name. CEMB chat thread.
     Reply #33 - October 30, 2014, 12:41 AM

I can't believe those women stopped you just because you were wearing a dress as a 7-year old! Shame on them  finmad I mean, not that it's any better if you had been older for that matter.
    The reverse happened to me; I was 16 and at the local imam's house when his 5-year old daughter called me "HARAMI" because I was wearing nylon stockings. A 5-year old!

Anyways, welcome to the forum. Smiley
     Reply #34 - November 02, 2014, 04:00 PM

Well many Iranians are really "cultural" Muslims or see faith as a personal matter. I have a friend here in Denmark who originates from around Tabriz, an Azeri, and he calls his family in Iran "Muslims". When he visits his family in Iran he loves to sit on the family farm with a cold beer and look at the view to the mountains. Only in his extended family there are some more hardline members where they have to tone down the kuffarism.

Also some people blog from Iran by VPN or Tor.

How do you feel about the country of Iran, and the culture of Iran?

Iran used to be a great country, but since the bloody islamic revolution in 1979 it has became a hell. 404 people were hanged only in 10 moths... if you follow the news about Iran or just type Iran in BBC news website, you will see what we I am talking about... Islam ruined Persia...
     Reply #35 - November 02, 2014, 04:07 PM

I can't believe those women stopped you just because you were wearing a dress as a 7-year old! Shame on them  finmad I mean, not that it's any better if you had been older for that matter.
    The reverse happened to me; I was 16 and at the local imam's house when his 5-year old daughter called me "HARAMI" because I was wearing nylon stockings. A 5-year old!

Anyways, welcome to the forum. Smiley

These cruel women are part of the Iran's police and have nothing to do apart from standing in the street and stopping girls for their hair cover and their make up...! it sounds funny but it is a bitter cruel truth.. please watch some videos on you tube.. I have shared a link here for you:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q7QdMiYCRVw
     Reply #36 - November 02, 2014, 04:08 PM

No need to apologise, you seem to be doing well and getting the hang of the forum  yes

Glad you found some space. Are you still in Iran somewhere? Or are you studying abroad?

No I don't live in Iran fortunately..
     Reply #37 - November 02, 2014, 04:33 PM

These cruel women are part of the Iran's police and have nothing to do apart from standing in the street and stopping girls for their hair cover and their make up...! it sounds funny but it is a bitter cruel truth.. please watch some videos on you tube.. I have shared a link here for you:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q7QdMiYCRVw

Sadly oppressive tyrants, thugs, bullies, and those who love to have power over others - love Islam as it allows them to bully and pry on others and interfere with their personal life. They can even police people's thoughts - and they love it. They get off on it.

Sorry for the rant. That video is to blame.

Disclaimer: Of course I'm not saying all Muslims are like this.
     Reply #38 - November 02, 2014, 04:42 PM

yes i agree not all, but in most middle eastern countries they are deluded and twisted individuals... Iranian government most be ashamed of themself...
     Reply #39 - November 02, 2014, 05:39 PM

btw I saw this quote on the BBC website - and thought it was amusing:

"In Iran they say there are two books in every household - the Koran and Hafez. One is read, the other is not."

Hehe Wink

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/magazine-29648166
     Reply #40 - November 02, 2014, 05:54 PM

true!! this news is also shocking!!

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-middle-east-29869909
     Reply #41 - November 02, 2014, 06:16 PM

true!! this news is also shocking!!

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-middle-east-29869909

Yeah, I saw that. Crazy! And Cameron is all smiles with Rouhani as if everything is fine.
     Reply #42 - November 09, 2014, 05:07 PM

We should all work together to prevent the execution of Soheil Arabi

To the atheist and critics of religion organizations in the world and all the bloggers everywhere!

Soheil Arabi is in danger of getting executed merely because he criticized I slam in his blog. He has apparently criticized the prophet of Islam in an article and they are now planning to execute him in Iran.

Soheil is the father of a five year old girl. Rojan and his family are asking all the people of the world not to allow this execution to happen. The International Campaign Against Execution (ICAE) is particularly inviting all bloggers, organizations criticizing religion, defenders of freedom of speech and defenders of human rights to not permit the execution of Soheil Arabi.

Join the campaign against execution of Soheil Arabi. We invite all to help us save him by holding meetings, sending protest letters and any other way they can.

This protest movement can save the life of a blogger and is an important step toward defense of freedom of speech and ideology!
     Reply #43 - November 09, 2014, 07:37 PM

Thanks for the heads-up behi - I will start a thread about him.
     Reply #44 - November 10, 2014, 06:56 PM

Thank you very much..
    I have copied a link here related to this news..
    http://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/middle-east/iranian-blogger-found-guilty-of-insulting-prophet-mohammad-on-facebook-sentenced-to-death-9741572.html
     thnkyu
     Reply #45 - November 11, 2014, 04:43 AM

Just a quick side note to OP, this doesn't invalidate what you're saying, and I'm not saying I believe this--I just want to point it out:

There are numerous stories in very old Jewish texts about Abraham visiting Ishmael after sending him away. You can read the most "canonical" ones compiled here: http://www.sacred-texts.com/jud/pol/pol06.htm They're pretty interesting. So even in Jewish traditions, there are stories of Abraham going into the wilderness to see his son Ishmael.

Personally I think it's pretty likely that Abraham and his family never existed.

Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil, for I have a sonic screwdriver, a tricorder, and a Type 2 phaser.
     Reply #46 - November 25, 2014, 02:24 PM

Thanks for the heads-up behi - I will start a thread about him.

He will be hanged soon...It has been confirmed..

it is unbelievable that in 21th century a 30 year old educated man, father of a 5 year old girl, is going to be hanged because of writing about an illiterate businessman who claimed to be the messenger of god 1400 year ago!

please share and raise awareness...

Reply #47 - November 26, 2014, 11:28 PM

Just a quick side note to OP, this doesn't invalidate what you're saying, and I'm not saying I believe this--I just want to point it out:

There are numerous stories in very old Jewish texts about Abraham visiting Ishmael after sending him away. You can read the most "canonical" ones compiled here: http://www.sacred-texts.com/jud/pol/pol06.htm They're pretty interesting. So even in Jewish traditions, there are stories of Abraham going into the wilderness to see his son Ishmael.

Personally I think it's pretty likely that Abraham and his family never existed.

I remember the Sheikh from Islamia School telling me this story so it has clearly entered Islamic mythology also.

Quote from above link:

And it came to pass after many years that Abraham, yielding to a longing which had always possessed him, determined to visit his son, and informing Sarah of his intention he started off alone upon a camel.

He reached Ishmael's dwelling-place about noontime, and found that his son was away from home, hunting. He was rudely treated by Ishmael's wife, who did not know him, and who refused him the bread and water which he asked for. Therefore he said to her, "When thy husband returns say thus to him, describing my appearance, An old man from the land of the Philistines came to our door during thy absence, and he said to me, when thy husband returns, tell him to remove the nail which he has driven in his tent and to replace it with one more worthy," with which words Abraham rode away.

When Ishmael returned home his wife related to him the occurrence, describing the man and repeating his words, and Ishmael knew that his father had visited him and been treated with disrespect. For which cause Ishmael divorced his wife, and married a maiden from the land of Canaan.

Some three years after this Abraham again visited his son's tent, and again his son was away from home; but his wife was pleasant and hospitable, and begged the stranger, whom she did not know, to alight from his camel, and she set before him bread and meat. Therefore he said to her, "When thy husband returns, describe to him my appearance, and say, 'This old man came to thee from the land of the Philistines, and this message he left for thee: the nail which thou hast driven in thy tent is good and worthy,

I remember at the time thinking wtf? Telling him to divorce his wife just like that!! At least his wife is there - unlike his absent father who abandoned him in the desert coz his other wife was jealous lol
     Reply #48 - November 26, 2014, 11:33 PM

He will be hanged soon...It has been confirmed..

it is unbelievable that in 21th century a 30 year old educated man, father of a 5 year old girl, is going to be hanged because of writing about an illiterate businessman who claimed to be the messenger of god 1400 year ago!

please share and raise awareness...

That's horrible Behi - I will share it. I just wish there was something more I could do.
     Reply #49 - November 27, 2014, 12:53 PM

I m very much familiar of Iranian society,as balochs are sandwich b/w iran and pk,well I love freedom lovers and v are human ist,I used to live in iran 4 a long time,and I know tht  society based on the pure mullaist ideology,where god is supreme and people are being hanged till today coz the clerk alleged them ,"insult of god/religion)...oh mullaz u damn god is so weak tht u are protecting him,lolz..the society and the common people are hypnotized by religion and by fear.well tht society is really vast torture cell..indeed
     Reply #50 - November 29, 2014, 09:36 PM

That's horrible Behi - I will share it. I just wish there was something more I could do.

Thank you Abu Ali... I know, it is sad... Huh?
     Reply #51 - February 04, 2015, 06:38 PM

I was born in a Muslim country but every time a non-Muslim asked me about my faith I heisted
    to answer. I also had difficulties to defend my faith and have been always looking for truth
    about Islam. Studying Quran at school was compulsory at schools and this was how I got to
    read it without having a choice to refuse. This time I chose to read it in order to answer my
    questions and clear my doubts. During reading the Quran, I was faced with many areas of faith
    .and practice that seemed to be discrepant
    The first discrepancy is related to adultery. It is known to everyone that fornication is
    considered as unforgivable sins in Islam and the sinner will be punished by lashes and stoning
    even in 21st century. Surprisingly, based on what it says in Quran under special circumstances
    men having intercourse with women outside marriage is perfectly legal and acceptable. Besides,
    men who had sexual relations with slave women were not charged with fornication or adultery.
    It seemed to me this was a special kindness only offered to men who went to war for Islam.
    ?How could Allah allow such a sin to be rewarded
    And those who guard their private parts Except from their wives or (captives) those their right“
    hands possess, for indeed, they are not to be blamed -But whoever seeks beyond that, then
    they are the transgressors” (Surah 70: 29-31). I checked into other parts of the Quran to make
    sure I understood this topic of sexual relations with someone other than a spouse correctly and
    .I found Surah 33:50
    O Prophet, indeed We have made lawful to you your wives to whom you have given their due“
    compensation and those your right hand possesses from what Allah has returned to you [of
    captives] and the daughters of your paternal uncles and the daughters of your paternal aunts
    and the daughters of your maternal uncles and the daughters of your maternal aunts who
    emigrated with you and a believing woman if she gives herself to the Prophet [and] if the
    Prophet wishes to marry her, [this is] only for you, excluding the [other] believers. We certainly
    know what We have made obligatory upon them concerning their wives and those their right
    hands possess, [but this is for you] in order that there will be upon you no discomfort. And ever
    .”is Allah Forgiving and Merciful
    This Ayah also confirmed to the prophet that the practice of taking captives asexual partners is
    blessed by Allah. After reading a large amount of comments by scholars I understood that
    during wars men were allowed to force women for marriage. Having physical relationships with
    captives were not considered as fornication only for whom went to war for Allah. Maybe this is
    why ISIS militant announced his marriage to terrified 7-year old in occupied city in Syria
    . .because he was fighting for god and she was a captive...
     Reply #52 - February 04, 2015, 07:02 PM

Hello Behi! Welcome to the forum ,do you want to write an intro?
     Reply #53 - February 04, 2015, 07:38 PM

Quote from: behi
    Topic: Why Did I become an atheist?

My mind runs, I can never catch it even if I get a head start.
     Reply #54 - February 05, 2015, 03:35 PM

Hello Behi! Welcome to the forum ,do you want to write an intro?

Hiya! I would like to but I find it very difficult to use this forum! Please help me out..
  • My life story as a poem:
     Reply #55 - July 21, 2015, 06:29 PM

Since I was a little girl I was dressed up unwantedly

I was allowed to wear my short dresses at home, only

They wouldn’t let me play with my brother outdoor

They locked up my bike, so I could only ride it indoor

My nail polish was removed by a grumpy old woman

I was touched during ‘Playing Doctor’ by a sleezy little man

Slowly, I started going to school with a gunny all over my head and body

I got a smack in the face when I took it off because it was heating up my body

At school we were dictated to think their way

Otherwise, they would put a stick up our butts if we thought another way

Everyday they searched our bags as if we were prisoners

They tore apart my notebooks and stamped on my stickers

There was no talking of hygiene, sports, fun and free expressions

On the other hand, there was never enough talking of Imams and their nonsense!

Gradually, I reached an age that they said one week per month I was unclean

When they said I can’t touch the Quran I believed that I was not clean

Ouch, those compulsory ablutions and fake prayers!

Shame on them, we couldn’t skip those! No ways!

We couldn’t use that ‘one week’ trick as a daily excuse!

If we did, teachers and principle would punish us with no excuse

When there was time to talk about a top woman and mother’s day essay

‘Fatima Zahra was the best mother for her Illiteracy and uselessness’ that was what you had to say!

Shias make a big deal out of twelve illiterate ineffectual Imams, why? I have no idea!

I wonder if apart from womanizing and making babies, they had any other ideas!

Instead of encouraging us to work hard to get somewhere in life

They sent us to mourning ceremonies to cry our hearts out and ruined our lives!

And we kept crying out and prying in ArabicI wish there was a wise man who would have told us to stop that shit!

The prayers were filled with humility and slavery

We were scared of God’s flame that could burn down our dynasty

We just wanted to talk to friends on the phone and have a laugh

But, they said that lines were monitored so we didn’t get a chance to laugh!

There was NO talking of men!

Otherwise our parents would interrogate us like policemen!

If on the way to school some hair came out just a little bit,

The ‘crazy extremists’ would harass and humiliate us a lot not just a bit!

We were reaching last days of school and university was not far ahead

Poor boys were worried about military services and girls were about to be house-detained!

There were neither jobs nor freedom so we had to go to university

Good for those who buried their heads in sand, cause the rest went to jail after university!

Little by little some of us forgot about Duas and fake Arabic taboos

But what about these 30 years? I wish we could say that we’ve forgotten those too !

We got caught while jamming with friends or driving around

We got caught while writing and staying in, even ‘bastards’ caught us online when we didn’t mess around!

We thought instead of mourning in Arabic why not singing in Persian and be happy?

They broke in, took away, beat up and killed off then we regretted for being happy! 

After all the books we read and home-works we did, at the end we didn’t get a thing!

Those superstitious uneducated Mullahs wear too many hats and we have nothing!

We figured out that there have never been an ‘Arab God’ with his prophet and twelve Imams thirty years after!

As we found out grandmas’ stories were lies too and people were never happily after!

You and I might be happy with no sorrow

But, we don’t know anything about an Evin prisoner’s pain though!

We are badly stuck in the middle, nowhere to go to

It seems like in our fairy tale story we have no nests to get back to!           
     Reply #56 - July 22, 2015, 02:21 AM

Yes. I hope things are changing. Sometimes it seems so, and then I hear another horror story out of Evin. I wish with all my heart it was not like this for you.

Don't let Hitler have the street.
     Reply #57 - July 25, 2015, 10:44 PM

thnkyu
     Reply #58 - July 26, 2015, 07:34 PM

Hi behi,

awesome introduction. Welcome to our forum  parrot

It seems like you have read a lot of books of Hitchens, and so on.

Do you have any book recommendations?
     Reply #59 - July 26, 2015, 08:22 PM

Hi behi,

awesome introduction. Welcome to our forum  parrot

It seems like you have read a lot of books of Hitchens, and so on.

Do you have any book recommendations?

Hiya! unfortunately not! I like watching his debates and google search good quotes. I am more of a listener than a reader, however, yes I did a lot of research before writing this
  • Previous page 1 23 Next page « Previous thread | Next thread »