Skip navigation
Sidebar -

Advanced search options →

Welcome

Welcome to CEMB forum.
Please login or register. Did you miss your activation email?

Donations

Help keep the Forum going!
Click on Kitty to donate:

Kitty is lost

Recent Posts

Do humans have needed kno...
Today at 05:47 AM

New Britain
April 16, 2024, 12:05 AM

Iran launches drones
April 13, 2024, 09:56 PM

عيد مبارك للجميع! ^_^
by akay
April 12, 2024, 04:01 PM

Eid-Al-Fitr
by akay
April 12, 2024, 12:06 PM

What's happened to the fo...
April 11, 2024, 01:00 AM

Lights on the way
by akay
February 01, 2024, 12:10 PM

Mock Them and Move on., ...
January 30, 2024, 10:44 AM

Pro Israel or Pro Palesti...
January 29, 2024, 01:53 PM

Pakistan: The Nation.....
January 28, 2024, 02:12 PM

Gaza assault
January 27, 2024, 01:08 PM

Nawal El Saadawi: Egypt's...
January 27, 2024, 12:24 PM

Theme Changer

Topic: Russell Brand.

(Read 26463 times)
  • Previous page 1 2 34 5 6 Next page « Previous thread | Next thread »
  • Russell Brand.
     Reply #60 - October 23, 2014, 10:41 PM

So Russell Brand just came out as a 9/11 truther on Newsnight

"we can smell traitors and country haters"

God is Love.
    Love is Blind. Stevie Wonder is blind. Therefore, Stevie Wonder is God.

• Russell Brand.
     Reply #61 - October 23, 2014, 11:34 PM

Maybe but Brand is a negative campaigner. Sure his complaints may be justified but he offers no, or absurd 'solutions'.

Agree with you on that point. 

Phrases like "David Cameron is more of a threat than ISIS" are absurd. His sense of proportion is skewed somewhat. This is what gives him little credibility for me. He makes fair points for time to time and then screws it all up by saying something wacko.

His point was not that David Cameron is more of a threat than ISIS to the world. His point was that the threat by ISIS to the west is over exaggerated to garner support for our foreign policy and to garner support for repressive anti terror laws.  His point was that to your average British person who is living paycheck to paycheck, David Cameron is more of a threat than ISIS and I do not disagree with that.

Religion - The hot potato that looked delicious but ended up burning your mouth!

Knock your head on the ground, don't be miserly in your prayers, listen to your Sidi Sheikh, Allahu Akbar! - Lounes Matoub
  • Russell Brand.
     Reply #62 - October 23, 2014, 11:37 PM

Not really - the point in his book about the twin towers was about people not trusting the media, and about how the media, government and big business are connected. He also said that he is not going to start talking about "daft conspiracy theories"

Religion - The hot potato that looked delicious but ended up burning your mouth!

Knock your head on the ground, don't be miserly in your prayers, listen to your Sidi Sheikh, Allahu Akbar! - Lounes Matoub
  • Russell Brand.
     Reply #63 - October 24, 2014, 12:11 AM

no, he came out and said  we should "remain open minded" about who was responsible for 9/11

God is Love.

• Russell Brand.
     Reply #64 - October 24, 2014, 02:07 AM

Hate to break it to you, but we are not the good guys.

Ive know that for decades. The problem is far to many do see us or themselves as the good guys.

2) The airstrikes have not been in support of Assad. As far as I know, no airstrikes have targeted ISIL units that were engaging Assad's forces, they have been focused on preventing and/or slowing the advance of ISIL against the Kurds, Yezidis, and Iraqis. Which is a very noble cause in my opinion. A lot of ISIL slimeballs have been killed and a lot of minority groups have been saved from genocide already.

We are targeting the group selectively. This costs IS money, supplies, equipment and man power. All of which will effect the Syrian side of the war. I understand the idea of humanitarian goals. My problem is this should have been the goal decades ago, especially in the first Gulf War after we left the Kurds hanging with Saddam.

3) I cannot imagine that any of the Kurds, Yezidis, Assyrians, or Shia, anywhere near the frontline with ISIL would be against our airstrikes. And they are the only people that count in this. Not some random cynical Muslim complaining about Western intervention from his computer in his comfy house.

No doubt. However we are keeping some of the resistant groups going. The Iraqi Army is a failure. The Shia militant groups are the same groups America paid off during the occupation. Groups that we should not aid in any way. Many are just as bad as IS.

4) What are the questionable acts of the Iraqi government?

The removal of Sunnis from the military, the incompetent leaders put in charge and the government which questionable at best. Maliki is a nobody supported by American. He has already used his power far beyond his position should have such as using the military against his political opponents.

5) I do not trust either Assad or any of the rebel groups either. IMO the Kurds are the only progressive force in Syria, they are the only group we should be defending. So far that is more or less what Obama is doing, but his plan to train and fund rebel Islamist groups, that is the part of the plan that gets a bit iffy IMO...

A problem I see is if the Kurds come out on top after the dust settles what is to stop them from starting up the decades old conflict with Turkey again. The whole area is a mess. This conflict could pay the way for another one down the road.

The awful results of the Arab Spring suggest to me that the region is not yet ready for a transition to democracy.  Perhaps the best Syria can hope for is a leader that can restore order and protect minority groups from being wiped out. I know Assad is a bad guy, but he seems like the best candidate for achieving those two limited goals.

The Arab spring failed to either remove institutionalized power bases such as the military in Egypt or replaced the old system with a group just as bad but far harder to control as in Libya.

This goes back to the whole the enemy of my enemy is my friend. Many fail to see these supposed friends are rabid dogs.
  • Russell Brand.
     Reply #65 - October 24, 2014, 07:37 AM

He also criticizes Western airstrikes against ISIS, which as far as I am concerned, means he supports ISIS and their genocide or Yezidis, Assyrians, Kurds, etc. he has suggested that ISIS is a manufactured enemy to get the public to support another war.

Bullshit

"I'm standing here like an asshole holding my Charles Dickens"

"No theory,No ready made system,no book that has ever been written to save the world. i cleave to no system.."-Bakunin
  • Russell Brand.
     Reply #66 - October 24, 2014, 07:41 AM

no, he came out and said  we should "remain open minded" about who was responsible for 9/11

which is probably his indirect way of saying that he supports the conspiracy theories, where are all these shows i'm missing them
  • Russell Brand.
     Reply #67 - October 24, 2014, 10:27 AM

My problem is this should have been the goal decades ago, especially in the first Gulf War after we left the Kurds hanging with Saddam.

So you are criticizing the current policy based on something a previous administration did 20 years ago?

The Shia militant groups are the same groups America paid off during the occupation. Groups that we should not aid in any way. Many are just as bad as IS.

Which minority group have these Shia committed genocide against? There is noone comparable to IS, we have not had a group this evil since the Nazis.

The removal of Sunnis from the military, the incompetent leaders put in charge and the government which questionable at best. Maliki is a nobody supported by American. He has already used his power far beyond his position should have such as using the military against his political opponents.

Are you an Iraqi Sunni? You seem to be very anti-shia. It is hardly surprising that the Shia would get rid of Sunni leadership in the military after having been an oppressed majority for decades under Saddam. I am afraid that is how democracy works. The people of Iraq voted for Al Maliki, who are we to criticize that? i believe he has stepped down now anyway.

A problem I see is if the Kurds come out on top after the dust settles what is to stop them from starting up the decades old conflict with Turkey again. The whole area is a mess. This conflict could pay the way for another one down the road.

I don't see that as such a bad thing. If Turkey gave the Kurds independence they wouldn't have to worry about any trouble with them.
  • Russell Brand.
     Reply #68 - October 24, 2014, 02:59 PM

There are people on this forum who have said similar. I disagree with them, but I don't write them off.

It doesn't make it any less cringy though Tongue, Brand should know by this stage know Islam transcends race, perhaps a poor choice of words, "Don't be "prejudice" would have been better.
  • Russell Brand.
     Reply #69 - October 24, 2014, 03:27 PM

What happened?   no women/no celebrity  dating him now a days??   RASCAL

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VqsFp0J22Hc

That fool has as much abilities to use his brain  as this former President of AMRIKA..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZZEuxN4aQ5A

Russell Brand admits he's 'open minded' to 9/11 conspiracy theories in Newsnight interview with Evan Davis ....independent.co.uk

Do not let silence become your legacy.. Question everything   
    I renounced my faith to become a kafir, 
    the beloved betrayed me and turned in to  a Muslim

• Russell Brand.
     Reply #70 - October 25, 2014, 02:28 AM

Brand reminds me of Eddie Izzard - they both started out being really funny and original , whilst occasionally making a political point but after becoming successful seemed to decide their true mission is to educate the lumpen masses and turned into pompous bores.
       And I'm sorry but I just can't take a man who's had relationships with Katy Perry and Jemima Khan seriously as an altruist
  • Russell Brand.
     Reply #71 - October 25, 2014, 03:04 AM

So you are criticizing the current policy based on something a previous administration did 20 years ago?

Yes as the same series of mistakes are taking place now with this policy. The fact that many nations are hand picking what is of concern or not has been an issue with policy for decades. We go after the "flare ups" without addressing the issues behind each. We leave volatile groups in power after each "flare up" just to fight these groups later on.

Which minority group have these Shia committed genocide against? There is noone comparable to IS, we have not had a group this evil since the Nazis.

Take a look at the sectarian violence of Shia vs Sunni in Iraq during occupation. These same groups now form the backbone of resistance against IS with the Iraqi Army becoming useless without America's backbone.

Are you an Iraqi Sunni? You seem to be very anti-shia. It is hardly surprising that the Shia would get rid of Sunni leadership in the military after having been an oppressed majority for decades under Saddam. I am afraid that is how democracy works. The people of Iraq voted for Al Maliki, who are we to criticize that? i believe he has stepped down now anyway.

Nope I am neither. I am just fed up with the half-asses efforts put forward by many governments including my own. Democracy was never intended to marginalize a group for the crimes of a few. Dismissing all Sunni's from the military is clearly a sectarian issue and a revenge tactic. Al Maliki was voted for but an issue few are aware of is the US hand picked the man to be a political supporter of US policy. America hand-pick politicians people could vote for which is no better than Iran picking which candidates one can vote for.

I don't see that as such a bad thing. If Turkey gave the Kurds independence they wouldn't have to worry about any trouble with them.

I do not see Turkey granting independence. Hence why I see a possible issue in the future. Also the West had supported Kurds in the past just to abandon them when it was no longer political necessary.
  • Russell Brand.
     Reply #72 - October 25, 2014, 10:09 AM

So what would your policy be Bogart? Do you favour a heavy handed approach of going in guns blazing and toppling every regime in the region?

Say what you want about Al-Maliki, he was the Iraqi people's choice. I can't imagine that he was really just an Anerican stooge, if he was he would never have been elected in the 1st place.
  • Russell Brand.
     Reply #73 - October 25, 2014, 11:20 AM

I'm inclined to accept his explanation:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VvFAkKPi2UE

Too fucking busy, and vice versa.
  • Russell Brand.
     Reply #74 - October 25, 2014, 12:38 PM

And I like that video., Ideally that Russell Brand would have been great as a woman.,   Still he has time to go for that sex change ..

Well I too inclined to accept his explanation of 9/11 ., In fact i go beyond that ., I say to start with,   it was Juicy conspiracy with juicily ideology without which 9/11 would have not happened..   

Once  Ishina holds that rabbit in her hand it is hard to convince.,  And with  the rabbit leg in her  hand  she says .. "rabbit has only three legs and it runs faster than fox.. "  ..

• Russell Brand.
     Reply #75 - October 25, 2014, 01:06 PM

Cheesy

`But I don't want to go among mad people,' Alice remarked.
     `Oh, you can't help that,' said the Cat: `we're all mad here. I'm mad.  You're mad.'
     `How do you know I'm mad?' said Alice.
     `You must be,' said the Cat, `or you wouldn't have come here.'
  • Russell Brand.
     Reply #76 - October 25, 2014, 01:30 PM

Oh yeez, you're such a character!

• Russell Brand.
     Reply #77 - October 25, 2014, 02:01 PM

I'd love to see Brand being interviewed by Paxman, i must check the net, love paxman he was hilarious interviewer..
  • Russell Brand.
     Reply #78 - October 25, 2014, 02:05 PM

I think it is pretty pathetic when people like Brand claim that democracy is flawed just because the majority of the electorate do not support their position. It is fine to have "radical" views  and to advocate for them, but to kick up a huge fuss because the majority do not agree is pretty arrogant. It's like a kid kicking the ball over the wall because the other kids wont play by his rules.
  • Russell Brand.
     Reply #79 - October 25, 2014, 02:17 PM

^ Nonsense. His position is that our political system is flawed because the interests of the lower classes are not represented, amongst other reasons. Not "just because the majority don't agree", which is a shallow misrepresentation.

• Russell Brand.
     Reply #80 - October 25, 2014, 02:30 PM

His position is that our political system is flawed because the interests of the lower classes are not represented,

Social housing doesn't work against the interests of the 'lower classes'. It's a beautiful thing and a recent luxury not available to all.
  • Russell Brand.
     Reply #81 - October 25, 2014, 02:36 PM

Social housing is fine. Shame most of it is empty and there are stupid obstacles in the way of people who need it.

• Russell Brand.
     Reply #82 - October 25, 2014, 02:38 PM

I pretty much agree with this article

http://www.independent.co.uk/voices/comment/russell-brands-incoherent-and-scattergun-approach-to-politics-is-revolution-as-play-9816476.html

God is Love.

• Russell Brand.
     Reply #83 - October 25, 2014, 02:45 PM

I don't. The author just seems to be cherry picking whatever he needs to soundboard off of and get his pre-rehearsed opinion piece out there.

• Russell Brand.
     Reply #84 - October 25, 2014, 04:21 PM

^ Nonsense. His position is that our political system is flawed because the interests of the lower classes are not represented, amongst other reasons. Not "just because the majority don't agree", which is a shallow misrepresentation.

Huh? There are already left wing political parties that better represent the lower classes, the majority just don't vote for them. So that is exactly what Brand's is complaining about.
  • Russell Brand.
     Reply #85 - October 25, 2014, 04:59 PM

Oh yeez, you're such a character!

Social housing is fine. Shame most of it is empty and there are stupid obstacles in the way of people who need it.

I don't. The author just seems to be cherry picking whatever he needs to soundboard off of and get his pre-rehearsed opinion piece out there.

well I do have bit of character and some times it comes off ...lol..

But  Ishina,  I have no problem with what that guy writes BUT I HAVE PROBLEM WHAT HE SAYS on television specially w.r.t Politics/religion/Islam.  And some times he tries to act as if he is political pandit of high caliber such as Noam Chomsky of AMRIKA.,  I don't know whether he wants to become Noam Chomsky of England or England's  George Galloway..    It  doesn't matter what I say or you say.,  Russell Brand will continue to earn   100 of 1000s of pounds  for writing INCOHERENT  often dyslexic  articles in to those news papers Guardian  or  Statesman, where often he talks about poor people and England foot ball hooligans.....    Well then he better join politics..

• Russell Brand.
     Reply #86 - October 25, 2014, 05:00 PM

So what would your policy be Bogart? Do you favour a heavy handed approach of going in guns blazing and toppling every regime in the region?

Say what you want about Al-Maliki, he was the Iraqi people's choice. I can't imagine that he was really just an Anerican stooge, if he was he would never have been elected in the 1st place.

Nope I am becoming more and more of an isolationist when it comes to others problems. Our efforts are always hampered by government interests ahead of the supposed values the governments claim to hold. We turn a blind eye to other nations abusing their populations only hand picking battles we can either win outright or with minimal effort.

Before Maliki was even a candidate America could find no one group which it wanted to support. They flew this unknown man into Iraq and GAVE him a political platform. They provides his funding, they put him up on a pedestal for the masses. Granted he won the majority. However the fact that he started to abuse his power shows America did little research on him nor did it make an effort to restrain him. As long as he supports American policy they didn't care. American foreign policy has always been about what is best for America not anyone else.  
  • Russell Brand.
     Reply #87 - October 25, 2014, 05:11 PM

Nope I am becoming more and more of an isolationist when it comes to others problems
    . Our efforts are always hampered by government interests ahead of the supposed values the governments claim to hold. We turn a blind eye to other nations abusing their populations only hand picking battles we can either win outright or with minimal effort.

Before Maliki was even a candidate America could find no one group which it wanted to support. They flew this unknown man into Iraq and GAVE him a political platform. They provides his funding, they put him up on a pedestal for the masses. Granted he won the majority. However the fact that he started to abuse his power shows America did little research on him nor did it make an effort to restrain him. As long as he supports American policy they didn't care. American foreign policy has always been about what is best for America not anyone else.  

Hi bogart., I am just curious here . what is your opinion on  President Putin and what he says   America is trying to break up the world in a new Cold War, says Putin ......  please read the article..

• Russell Brand.
     Reply #88 - October 25, 2014, 06:09 PM

So if it was up to you Bogart, you would just let IS slaughter all the Yezidis, Assyrians, & Kurds? Thus destroying the last remnants of a plural society in the region. Real nice Bogart.
  • Russell Brand.
     Reply #89 - October 25, 2014, 08:32 PM

His points about the media pretty much proven - he does a whole long interview on a number of topics, but the media decide to focus on one throw away comment in order to discredit him!

I think it is pretty pathetic when people like Brand claim that democracy is flawed just because the majority of the electorate do not support their position. It is fine to have "radical" views  and to advocate for them, but to kick up a huge fuss because the majority do not agree is pretty arrogant. It's like a kid kicking the ball over the wall because the other kids wont play by his rules.

He does not claim democracy is flawed because the electorate do not agree with him. He claims democracy is flawed because there is a ruling class who do not represent the people who vote them in, and are more interested in serving the interests of big business. That is a big difference to what you are saying.

• Previous page 1 2 34 5 6 Next page « Previous thread | Next thread »