Skip navigation
Sidebar -

Advanced search options →

Welcome

Welcome to CEMB forum.
Please login or register. Did you miss your activation email?

Donations

Help keep the Forum going!
Click on Kitty to donate:

Kitty is lost

Recent Posts

Do humans have needed kno...
Today at 05:47 AM

New Britain
April 16, 2024, 12:05 AM

Iran launches drones
April 13, 2024, 09:56 PM

عيد مبارك للجميع! ^_^
by akay
April 12, 2024, 04:01 PM

Eid-Al-Fitr
by akay
April 12, 2024, 12:06 PM

What's happened to the fo...
April 11, 2024, 01:00 AM

Lights on the way
by akay
February 01, 2024, 12:10 PM

Mock Them and Move on., ...
January 30, 2024, 10:44 AM

Pro Israel or Pro Palesti...
January 29, 2024, 01:53 PM

Pakistan: The Nation.....
January 28, 2024, 02:12 PM

Gaza assault
January 27, 2024, 01:08 PM

Nawal El Saadawi: Egypt's...
January 27, 2024, 12:24 PM

Theme Changer

Topic: Russell Brand.

(Read 26466 times)
  • 12 3 ... 6 Next page « Previous thread | Next thread »
  • Russell Brand.
     OP - October 21, 2014, 08:40 PM

http://www.huffingtonpost.co.uk/2014/10/16/russell-brand-turfed-off-fox-news-lot-after-broadcaster-cancels-appearance_n_5997456.html
    What do you guys think of this?

Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. - Terry Pratchett
  • Russell Brand.
     Reply #1 - October 21, 2014, 08:56 PM

I think Ben Affleck is a better spokesperson against Islamophobia.
  • Russell Brand.
     Reply #2 - October 21, 2014, 09:32 PM

It's not in FOX's best interests to have someone like Brand on the show. He'll run rings around them and expose their stupidity live on air.

Too fucking busy, and vice versa.
  • Russell Brand.
     Reply #3 - October 21, 2014, 10:04 PM

Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WNl_1gQqrWI#t=245

I love it.....

Do not let silence become your legacy.. Question everything   
    I renounced my faith to become a kafir, 
    the beloved betrayed me and turned in to  a Muslim

• Russell Brand.
     Reply #4 - October 21, 2014, 10:49 PM

He does make some interesting points but can we ask Mr Brand if he thinks 'Sharia Law' in of itself is a force for destruction or that 80 percent of Pakistani people would like to see it in place is a cause of concern Huh?
  • Russell Brand.
     Reply #5 - October 21, 2014, 10:55 PM

It's not in FOX's best interests to have someone like Brand on the show. He'll run rings around them and expose their stupidity live on air.

At the same time as exposing his own stupidity. It'll be a hoot.

I know you love 'im, Ishina. Apols.
  • Russell Brand.
     Reply #6 - October 21, 2014, 11:09 PM

He does make some interesting points but can we ask Mr Brand if he thinks 'Sharia Law' in of itself is a force for destruction or that 80 percent of Pakistani people would like to see it in place is a cause of concern Huh?

All rebel juice, spoiled juice make interesting smells  DT.,  and what they say has no basis and no basics.

But one must agree here., in front of FOXES and their noise., any word from anyone and everyone  sounds like a song...

• Russell Brand.
     Reply #7 - October 21, 2014, 11:10 PM

He can come across as a bit daft at times but I like how he recognizes that there's something very rotten at the core of this social/economic system we live in (perhaps there always was, maybe there always will be) and is not afraid to go head first challenging it.
  • Russell Brand.
     Reply #8 - October 21, 2014, 11:11 PM

All rebel juice, spoiled juice make interesting smells  DT.,  and what they say has no basis and no basics.

But one must agree here., in front of FOXES and their noise., any word from anyone and everyone  sounds like a song...

I'm not sure the point that you're making on this one but I'm in an agreeable mood so I'll go along with it anyway.
  • Russell Brand.
     Reply #9 - October 21, 2014, 11:32 PM

^
    Hold the phone, are you saying Russel Brand is 'Juice' ?And there was me thinking he was some kind of neo Trotsky pantheist.  mysmilie_977
  • Russell Brand.
     Reply #10 - October 21, 2014, 11:34 PM

On some things I like and agree with Mr. Brand, on others I do not.

Will have a look at this tomorrow and see what I think.
  • Russell Brand.
     Reply #11 - October 21, 2014, 11:41 PM

At the same time as exposing his own stupidity. It'll be a hoot.

I know you love 'im, Ishina. Apols.

No idea why you're calling him stupid.

• Russell Brand.
     Reply #12 - October 22, 2014, 12:07 AM

^
    Hold the phone, are you saying Russel Brand is 'Juice' ?And there was me thinking he was some kind of neo Trotsky pantheist.  mysmilie_977

Cheesy Cheesy    I am not doing well DT....

well  look at him., If he is not Jewish then he must be in that Indian Hare Krishna mantra and on  drugs   Cheesy

• Russell Brand.
     Reply #13 - October 22, 2014, 12:41 AM

He is a completely self absorbed dimwit. I would put him in the same category as Kanye West: celebrities who know next to nothing about what they are talking about but are so self absorbed that they think their banal whinings are a message of some deep benefit to humanity.
  • Russell Brand.
     Reply #14 - October 22, 2014, 02:24 AM

No idea why you're calling him stupid.

My bias against him persuades me he's talking wibble.

I'm seeing a doctor about it.
  • Russell Brand.
     Reply #15 - October 22, 2014, 06:33 AM

Weird. I think he makes a lot of sense. He's got the British and American media nailed.

• Russell Brand.
     Reply #16 - October 22, 2014, 10:02 AM

Cheesy Cheesy    I am not doing well DT....

well  look at him., If he is not Jewish then he must be in that Indian Hare Krishna mantra and on  drugs   Cheesy

Lol Yeez, you may well be right but go easy on him, have you any idea what it's like to an Islam apologist?
    He is a completely self absorbed dimwit. I would put him in the same category as Kanye West: celebrities who know next to nothing about what they are talking about but are so self absorbed that they think their banal whinings are a message of some deep benefit to humanity.

I think comparing him to Kanye West is a little unfair while Kanye is more concerned about building shrines to his large rumped wife, Brand is actually trying to draw peoples attention to media spin and wealth inequality. He points out the ever widening wealth disparity between the rich and the poor and as a wage slave like 90+%  (there we go with the stats again) of the rest of the people on this planet, I have no problems with him doing so.
  • Russell Brand.
     Reply #17 - October 22, 2014, 10:10 AM

More stats, apparently 1 in 3 people in the UK are one paycheck away from eviction, believe it if you like. Regardless even if it's not true I for one am a little browned off with spending most of my time running around the place, scratching about to pay my bills with sweet FA afterwards to show for myself or spending time worrying about not making enough to pay the bills. Honestly sometimes I wonder why I bother . . . probably because being destitute would be even less pleasant.
  • Russell Brand.
     Reply #18 - October 22, 2014, 10:12 AM

finmad
  • Russell Brand.
     Reply #19 - October 22, 2014, 10:23 AM

He also criticizes Western airstrikes against ISIS, which as far as I am concerned, means he supports ISIS and their genocide or Yezidis, Assyrians, Kurds, etc. he has suggested that ISIS is a manufactured enemy to get the public to support another war.
  • Russell Brand.
     Reply #20 - October 22, 2014, 12:57 PM

Okay you may have a point, if this is true then that is worrying. Sounds like he wouldn't know what to say if he were talking about apostates in Islam. I'd like t see how him try to defend the  persecuted minority within his alleged "persecuted minority".
    At times I'm not a big fan of the capitalist machine myself, I just like the way he attacks it some times is all.
  • Russell Brand.
     Reply #21 - October 22, 2014, 01:03 PM

................... capitalist machine myself, I just like the way he attacks it some times is all.......

All these high profile celebrities love that CAPITAL and that  CAPITAL MONEY they make more than any  real capitalists  DT.,   These rebel  celebrities., whenever they want to use that free press or if they are sagging in their popularity  they pick up a controversial subject like supporting Islamic idiots  and bash west irrespective of whether it is good or bad,

• Russell Brand.
     Reply #22 - October 22, 2014, 01:20 PM

Yes, I guess that's probably true in a lot of cases.
    Till next time, I'm off to feed the machine some more.
  • Russell Brand.
     Reply #23 - October 22, 2014, 01:22 PM

This American guy Jeremy Woodard went to volunteer to fight for the Kurds in Kobane. He is putting his own life on the line to fight ISIL, not for fame or self-publicity, not for money, only because he cares about the people ISIS are killing. They are not even “his” people, they are simply humanity, that is all that matters to him. I admire his courage in standing up for something noble.

http://www.bbc.com/news/world-middle-east-29705167

Meanwhile Russell Brand just whines about Western intervention, a topic he doesn't even know much about, for his own self publicity…
  • Russell Brand.
     Reply #24 - October 22, 2014, 01:23 PM

Afro

`But I don't want to go among mad people,' Alice remarked.
     `Oh, you can't help that,' said the Cat: `we're all mad here. I'm mad.  You're mad.'
     `How do you know I'm mad?' said Alice.
     `You must be,' said the Cat, `or you wouldn't have come here.'
  • Russell Brand.
     Reply #25 - October 22, 2014, 01:32 PM

To be fair, he is in a relationship with Jemima Khan. I am sure that has some influence on it. He can't really say much against Islam or whatever because her sons are Imran Khan's children so I doubt it would go down well if he did say stuff against Islam's role in ISIS. I am also sure that Jemima has described a non-Salafi type Islam to him, and that she definitely split with Imran because of the culture in Pakistan not due to Islam, though lots of the Pakistani restrictions are based on Islamic principles.
  • Russell Brand.
     Reply #26 - October 22, 2014, 01:42 PM

To be fair, he is in a relationship with Jemima Khan. ..............

No way.. that will not last for a day....she is stupid but not that stupid...

• Russell Brand.
     Reply #27 - October 22, 2014, 01:53 PM

My bad. They split recently according to the daily fail.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-2763716/GIRL-ABOUT-TOWN-Jemima-massages-Russell-Brand-right-life-End-affair-family-called-tiger-ride.html
  • Russell Brand.
     Reply #28 - October 22, 2014, 02:44 PM

stuff

I disagree with pretty much everything you've said in this thread.

• Russell Brand.
     Reply #29 - October 22, 2014, 04:48 PM

I have actually agreed with the majority of what tonyT has said, although I can't ever be entirely sure if Brand is 'taking the wibble' (Thanks for the saying by the way David, i'm gonna use it from now on Afro) but it is only realistic to me that he is doing this for his popularity. Although he does know how to expose the British and American media really well.

Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. - Terry Pratchett
  • 12 3 ... 6 Next page « Previous thread | Next thread »