Skip navigation
Sidebar -

Advanced search options →

Welcome

Welcome to CEMB forum.
Please login or register. Did you miss your activation email?

Donations

Help keep the Forum going!
Click on Kitty to donate:

Kitty is lost

Recent Posts

New Britain
Today at 12:05 AM

Do humans have needed kno...
April 14, 2024, 05:54 AM

Iran launches drones
April 13, 2024, 09:56 PM

عيد مبارك للجميع! ^_^
by akay
April 12, 2024, 04:01 PM

Eid-Al-Fitr
by akay
April 12, 2024, 12:06 PM

What's happened to the fo...
April 11, 2024, 01:00 AM

Lights on the way
by akay
February 01, 2024, 12:10 PM

Mock Them and Move on., ...
January 30, 2024, 10:44 AM

Pro Israel or Pro Palesti...
January 29, 2024, 01:53 PM

Pakistan: The Nation.....
January 28, 2024, 02:12 PM

Gaza assault
January 27, 2024, 01:08 PM

Nawal El Saadawi: Egypt's...
January 27, 2024, 12:24 PM

Theme Changer

Topic: Edhi held hostage, millions looted from center says news from and of pure

(Read 3225 times)
  • 1« Previous thread | Next thread »
  • Edhi held hostage, millions looted from center says news from and of pure
     OP - October 19, 2014, 12:35 PM

Edhi held hostage, millions looted from center   says news from and of pure

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AfKn2vUiQuc

KARACHI: Robbers struck the head office of the Edhi Foundation in the Mithadar area of Karachi where they held all the staff including renowned philanthropist Abdul Sattar Edhi hostage and made away with gold, foreign currency and other valuables worth millions of rupees.

Eight robbers stormed into the Edhi headquarters around 9:45am and broke into storage lockers that contained five kilograms of gold, foreign and local currency worth millions of rupees, according to Faisal Edhi who is the son of Abdul Sattar. The robbers easily managed to escape from the site after an extended period of looting.

Abdul Sattar Edhi told Dawn that the looted valuables included deposits made by people.

"This [dacoity] has never happened before...I have been held up before, but was let go without being looted," Edhi said. Sindh Chief Minister Syed Qaim Ali Shah took notice of the incident and ordered police to immediately arrest the culprits behind the incident.

A First Information Report (FIR) was registered against unknown persons at the Mithadar police station on the complaint of Faisal Edhi. The Muttahida Qaumi Movement (MQM) also issued a statement in condemnation of the looting and demanded the immediate arrest of the robbers.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NDoPkm_8CDg

He is one Muslim guy in this world  .. I wish all Muslims follow his footsteps..    And BASTARDS STEAL from such people..

Do not let silence become your legacy.. Question everything   
    I renounced my faith to become a kafir, 
    the beloved betrayed me and turned in to  a Muslim

Reply #1 - October 19, 2014, 04:12 PM

I highly doubt he is muslim, if he was he would endlessly say what he is doing is purely for islamic reasons, quotes doctrinal verses, say inshallah/mashallah/subhanallah every other word as the proud muslim does.

Being the man he is and knowing his charity work would be effected in pakistan by him coming out he's is well aware of never openly saying that he ain't muslim for convenience and expediency. Sometimes you have to lie for the greater benefit of a human cause.
     Reply #2 - October 19, 2014, 04:20 PM

I highly doubt he is muslim, if he was he would endlessly say what he is doing is purely for islamic reasons, quotes doctrinal verses, say inshallah/mashallah/subhanallah every other word as the proud muslim does.

Being the man he is and knowing his charity work would be effected in pakistan by him coming out he's is well aware of never openly saying that he ain't muslim for convenience and expediency. Sometimes you have to lie for the greater benefit of a human cause.

I am going to cut  that  ofeden and call you Serpent for now... lol..

Hi Serpent., your post needs a big response and I don't have time to write all that I think about those highlighted words.. So I will postpone responding to it  for some time.....lol...

Reply #3 - October 20, 2014, 09:10 PM

Then again he may be a humble, good-hearted Muslim.

They do exist, you know.

Terrible what's happened - I hope they catch the robbers and the money is returned.
     Reply #4 - October 20, 2014, 09:49 PM

Exactly. Some Muslims aren't that Muslim about being Muslim. They are just Muslims.

Also one of the seven death sins in Judaism and Christianity is pride. I looked into the equivalent in Islam but that was absurdly confusing.

Danish Never-Moose adopted by the kind people on the CEMB-forum
    Ex-Muslim chat (Unaffliated with CEMB). Safari users: Use "#ex-muslims" as the channel name. CEMB chat thread.
     Reply #5 - October 20, 2014, 09:59 PM

"Some Muslims aren't that Muslim about being Muslim. They are just Muslims."

oh my goodness that is a great statement Nikolaj ..

dear Nikolaj.,   I would love to read some one like you to define ...

Who is Muslim and who is not Muslim?  What are the basic rules for a person to live as a Muslim And what are the basic tenants of Islam?

hmmm  http://www.dawn.com/news/1138364/love-jihad-but-not-actually  that link has some connection with  Zebras.....

Reply #6 - October 20, 2014, 10:17 PM

I think he is a Muslim but he definitely places humanity above religion. If he wasn't, I don't think he would use the word Allah, give Islamic education in his schools and name the girl in the video "Allah bachai" (God's gift). He could have used the word "khuda" which is a more generic Urdu term for God.
     Reply #7 - October 20, 2014, 10:29 PM

.............He could have used the word "khuda" which is a more generic Urdu term for God.

well "khuda" is usually used exclusively  by  Shia Muslims of Pakistan and Indian subcontinent .. And the word Allah is used  by Exclusively by Sunnis and some other Muslims + some non-Muslims to represent their god..

Reply #8 - October 20, 2014, 10:49 PM

Not sure about India but in Pakistan the majority of both Sunnis and Shias use the word Allah, only a few use "khuda".
    I think it has to do with the Arab influence. "Khuda hafiz" turned into "Allah hafiz". Heck, even number plates now use Al-Bakistan Al-Bunjab.
     Reply #9 - October 20, 2014, 10:58 PM

............. in Pakistan the majority of both Sunnis and Shias use the word Allah, only a few use "khuda".
    I think it has to do with the Arab influence. "Khuda hafiz" turned into "Allah hafiz". Heck, even number plates now use Al-Bakistan Al-Bunjab.

Yap.. that is Arabization and Arabcism/Arab syndrome in Pakistan and it started in 1979 after that Zulfikar Ali Bhutto was murdered by that Muhammad Zia-ul-Haq

From Khuda Hafiz to Allah Hafiz   by    Aamir Latif

Reply #10 - October 25, 2014, 09:35 PM

Yap.. that is Arabization and Arabcism/Arab syndrome in Pakistan and it started in 1979 after that Zulfikar Ali Bhutto was murdered by that Muhammad Zia-ul-Haq

From Khuda Hafiz to Allah Hafiz   by    Aamir Latif

http://blogs.tribune.com.pk/story/9748/following-bhuttos-way-religion-above-rights/
     Reply #11 - October 25, 2014, 09:42 PM

well "khuda" is usually used exclusively  by  Shia Muslims of Pakistan and Indian subcontinent

That's not true Yeezy.

I know innumerable Pakistani/Indian Sunni Muslims who always say "Khuda Hafiz"
     Reply #12 - October 25, 2014, 10:00 PM

Yeah, it is used in old Persia, too. Not exclusive to any one culture, sect, or area.

Don't let Hitler have the street.
     Reply #13 - October 26, 2014, 12:19 PM

well "khuda" is usually used exclusively  by  Shia Muslims of Pakistan and Indian subcontinent .. And the word Allah is used  by Exclusively by Sunnis and some other Muslims + some non-Muslims to represent their god..

That is not true at all, there is no distinction between the word khuda or Allah or one sect preferring one word over the other. Although there are some Muslims(Shia and Sunni) who prefer the word Allah because 'Khuda' can be any god other than Allah. Also I've known Christians using the world Allah when they just mean God.
    And why is him being a Muslim an issue?
     Reply #14 - October 31, 2014, 02:37 PM

That's not true Yeezy.

Yes. My granny still says it all the time, and we're as sunni as they come.
     Reply #15 - October 31, 2014, 03:02 PM

Yes. My granny still says it all the time, and we're as sunni as they come.

That is not true at all, there is no distinction between the word khuda or Allah or one sect preferring one word over the other. Although there are some Muslims(Shia and Sunni) who prefer the word Allah because 'Khuda' can be any god other than Allah. Also I've known Christians using the world Allah when they just mean God.
    And why is him being a Muslim an issue?

That's not true Yeezy.

well I often Quip so fast.. I say  "Kuttha Hafiz" sounds same as  "Khuda Hafiz"

anyways.. let me put some links here  finmad  

For the stuff you are saying to me .. READ ALL THOSE LINKS.. and "Khuda hafiz" to you guys..  finmad

Now saying that., any and everyone who goes around  and travel in buses or buy fruits in markets  in "North West Pakistan"  in towns  like Quetta, Pishin, Huramzai... DO NOT SAY "Khuda hafiz" ., It has to be Allah hafiz.,    And double "Khuda hafiz to you three guys

Reply #16 - October 31, 2014, 04:47 PM

That's not true Yeezy.

Within my parent's social circle of hardcore sunni pakistanis the phrases "khuda hafiz" and "allah hafiz" are pretty much interchangeable.

In my opinion a life without curiosity is not a life worth living
     Reply #17 - October 31, 2014, 05:11 PM

well I often Quip so fast.. I say  "Kuttha Hafiz" sounds same as  "Khuda Hafiz"

anyways.. let me put some links here  finmad  
    For the stuff you are saying to me .. READ ALL THOSE LINKS.. and "Khuda hafiz" to you guys..  finmad

Now saying that., any and everyone who goes around  and travel in buses or buy fruits in markets  in "North West Pakistan"  in towns  like Quetta, Pishin, Huramzai... DO NOT SAY "Khuda hafiz" ., It has to be Allah hafiz.,    And double "Khuda hafiz to you three guys

No one is saying that many say Allah Hafiz. Nor that some purists insist on it.

But what you said here:

well "khuda" is usually used exclusively  by  Shia Muslims of Pakistan and Indian subcontinent

Is simply wrong.

It is NOT used exclusively by Shi'ah Muslims from the Indian subcontinent..

Many Sunni Muslims from Pakistan/India also say it.

That's a fact dear Yeezy.

You are wrong.

Take it like a man.  grin12
     Reply #18 - October 31, 2014, 05:22 PM

I say Khuda Hafiz all the time  Tongue
  • 1« Previous thread | Next thread »