Skip navigation
Sidebar -

Advanced search options →

Welcome

Welcome to CEMB forum.
Please login or register. Did you miss your activation email?

Donations

Help keep the Forum going!
Click on Kitty to donate:

Kitty is lost

Recent Posts

Qur'anic studies today
April 23, 2024, 06:50 AM

Do humans have needed kno...
April 20, 2024, 12:02 PM

Lights on the way
by akay
April 19, 2024, 04:40 PM

اضواء على الطريق ....... ...
by akay
April 19, 2024, 12:50 PM

Do humans have needed kno...
April 19, 2024, 04:17 AM

What's happened to the fo...
by zeca
April 18, 2024, 06:39 PM

New Britain
April 18, 2024, 05:41 PM

Iran launches drones
April 13, 2024, 09:56 PM

عيد مبارك للجميع! ^_^
by akay
April 12, 2024, 04:01 PM

Eid-Al-Fitr
by akay
April 12, 2024, 12:06 PM

Mock Them and Move on., ...
January 30, 2024, 10:44 AM

Pro Israel or Pro Palesti...
January 29, 2024, 01:53 PM

Theme Changer

Topic: Intro Coffee addict

(Read 6329 times)
  • 12 Next page « Previous thread | Next thread »
  • Intro Coffee addict
     OP - October 19, 2014, 09:52 AM

Hi!
    I've checked this forum for quite a while and been thinking for a long time to join the forum. I'm from Sweden and I'm not that good in English so I'm sure that I will make lots of mistakes when writing, but hopefully you will understand the point anyway...

I was a convert to islam and was a muslim for about 13 years. I left islam 1 year ago, and it's not easy at all to come back to a normal life again.

To me livingin islam was a prison, physically as well as mentally. One reason I became a muslim was the social bonds, that they seemed to be close to each other, help and take care of each other, familylife was high valued, and that was something I lacked in my life.

Another reason was that I wanted to be a good person, with high moral standards. Instead, living as a muslim, that kind of islam I was involved with, made me to an immoral person, a person who lied to gain benefits from the society. I accepted steeling (it was concidered as a kind of "war booty", ha, ha), fraud, I abandoned family and friends, alienating me from the rest of the society, using double standards to judge other muslims and non-muslims. I learnt to hate other human beings and the non-muslim society, the western values. In short, I became a horrible person as a muslim, unrecognisable to myself.

Another thing was as a woman married to a hard core muslim arab. I had only 3 rights: to have a place to stay, the right to have  clothes and the right to eat. Everything else I had to beg for. I wasn't allowed to have contact with my family, to go out doors, to have my own Money and a job, to choose my friends, in short to be independent. The same for my children, they weren't allowed to go outside by themselves, or having friends of their own choice, read Swedish Children books and so on. Every aspect of our life was under the control of my fanatic husband.

It took very long time to leave this, because how is someone suppose to leave such a relationship, with no money, no friends, no contact with the society around you. I spoke to other muslims about what a prison my life was, how hellish life was, not a singel one lifted a finger to help. Because there is no way anyone is going to get help from muslims! Islam doesn't solve problems, it creates problems. But finally I managed to leave,. Unfortunately my ex-husband managed to take my kids from me, at the moment they're in the middle east. So the struggle isn't finished yet.

I think the worst thing was the mental prison in islam. You know, when you are not able to discuss issues, to have an opposite opinion than everyone else, to question ridicule statements from imams and others.  I missed freedom of thought and speech!

I don't want to hate people, as was expected when I was a muslim, it really was an ideology of hatred, the community where I was a part of. But, we humans are mostly just fragile creatures trying to survive. There is no point of hating, it ends just in destruction.

I appreciate this forum a lot. You are all so very clever and have so much knowledge. I've learnt a lot from reading your topics. And again, sorry for my not very elegant English!
  • Intro Coffee addict
     Reply #1 - October 19, 2014, 10:30 AM

Tjänare coffee addict far away hug

Welcome to the CEMB forum. parrot We are several Scandinavians here. Mostly Ex-Muslims and then a couple of Never-Muslim sympathisers like me.

With or without religion, good people can behave well and bad people can do evil; but for good people to do evil — that takes religion.

- Steven Weinberg

So sorry to hear about your ordeal Cry Are the authorities trying to help you with your children? How old are they? Do you have someone to talk to?

Don't worry about your English. It is fine Smiley

Danish Never-Moose adopted by the kind people on the CEMB-forum
    Ex-Muslim chat (Unaffliated with CEMB). Safari users: Use "#ex-muslims" as the channel name. CEMB chat thread.
  • Intro Coffee addict
     Reply #2 - October 19, 2014, 10:41 AM

Thanks a lot!  Smiley

Yes, the authorities are involved and I have a lot of support from my children's school.

Actually that quote from Weinberg was one of the reasons I understood I have to leave Islam.

Another thing I really missed as a muslim was reading books and listen to music. The first book I read, after leaving Islam, was The Satanic Verses by Salman Rushdie.
  • Intro Coffee addict
     Reply #3 - October 19, 2014, 10:43 AM

Welcome coffee addict.
  • Intro Coffee addict
     Reply #4 - October 19, 2014, 10:56 AM

Thanks a lot Abu Ali!

I've read "my ordeal with the quraan" and I Think it is very interesting, and a great effort from you to translate it for us. I appreciate that very much!
  • Intro Coffee addict
     Reply #5 - October 19, 2014, 11:02 AM

Welcome Coffee Addict,

I am so sorry to hear about what you have been through and what you are stilI facing. Be happy and stay positive. I would hope and expect that the Swedish Authorities will get your kids back from Middle East, soon.

Smiley  

Take care Smiley

Every true faith is infallible. It performs what the believing person hopes to find in it. But it does not offer the least support for the establishing of an objective truth. If you want to achieve peace of mind and happiness, have faith. If you want to be a disciple of truth, then search - Neitchze
  • Intro Coffee addict
     Reply #6 - October 19, 2014, 12:02 PM

Hi!
    I've checked this forum for quite a while and been thinking for a long time to join the forum. I'm from Sweden and I'm not that good in English so I'm sure that I will make lots of mistakes when writing, but hopefully you will understand the point anyway...

I was a convert to islam and was a muslim for about 13 years. I left islam 1 year ago, and it's not easy at all to come back to a normal life again.

To me livingin islam was a prison, physically as well as mentally. One reason I became a muslim was the social bonds, that they seemed to be close to each other, help and take care of each other, familylife was high valued, and that was something I lacked in my life.

Another reason was that I wanted to be a good person, with high moral standards. Instead, living as a muslim, that kind of islam I was involved with, made me to an immoral person, a person who lied to gain benefits from the society. I accepted steeling (it was concidered as a kind of "war booty", ha, ha), fraud, I abandoned family and friends, alienating me from the rest of the society, using double standards to judge other muslims and non-muslims. I learnt to hate other human beings and the non-muslim society, the western values. In short, I became a horrible person as a muslim, unrecognisable to myself.

Another thing was as a woman married to a hard core muslim arab. I had only 3 rights: to have a place to stay, the right to have  clothes and the right to eat. Everything else I had to beg for. I wasn't allowed to have contact with my family, to go out doors, to have my own Money and a job, to choose my friends, in short to be independent. The same for my children, they weren't allowed to go outside by themselves, or having friends of their own choice, read Swedish Children books and so on. Every aspect of our life was under the control of my fanatic husband.

It took very long time to leave this, because how is someone suppose to leave such a relationship, with no money, no friends, no contact with the society around you. I spoke to other muslims about what a prison my life was, how hellish life was, not a singel one lifted a finger to help. Because there is no way anyone is going to get help from muslims! Islam doesn't solve problems, it creates problems. But finally I managed to leave,. Unfortunately my ex-husband managed to take my kids from me, at the moment they're in the middle east. So the struggle isn't finished yet.

I think the worst thing was the mental prison in islam. You know, when you are not able to discuss issues, to have an opposite opinion than everyone else, to question ridicule statements from imams and others.  I missed freedom of thought and speech!

I don't want to hate people, as was expected when I was a muslim, it really was an ideology of hatred, the community where I was a part of. But, we humans are mostly just fragile creatures trying to survive. There is no point of hating, it ends just in destruction.

I appreciate this forum a lot. You are all so very clever and have so much knowledge. I've learnt a lot from reading your topics. And again, sorry for my not very elegant English!

Welcome! I hope your children return very soon.  parrot

Don't let Hitler have the street.
  • Intro Coffee addict
     Reply #7 - October 19, 2014, 12:45 PM

Welcome coffee addict, sorry to hear about your kids far away hug
  • Intro Coffee addict
     Reply #8 - October 19, 2014, 01:34 PM

Welcome, and what three said.  far away hug
  • Intro Coffee addict
     Reply #9 - October 19, 2014, 01:41 PM

Hej habibti

I think we know each other, right? And it seems we are in the same situation with our children. I am sorry to hear about what happened to your wonderful children  Cry  far away hug

"The healthiest people I know are those who are the first to label themselves fucked up." - three
  • Intro Coffee addict
     Reply #10 - October 19, 2014, 01:56 PM

welcome coffee addict! so sad to hear about your kids  Cry but, patience is best and I hope they will return very very soon Smiley

Dogs never bite me - just humans. ~ M. Monroe

Religions seem to cause more grief than good.

Exmuslim Chat
  • Intro Coffee addict
     Reply #11 - October 19, 2014, 01:57 PM

Welcome to the forum Coffee Addict. I'm sorry for what you've been (and are currently) going through  far away hug

He's no friend to the friendless
    And he's the mother of grief
    There's only sorrow for tomorrow
    Surely life is too brief
  • Intro Coffee addict
     Reply #12 - October 19, 2014, 03:57 PM

Have Lavazza and welcome!
     bunny bunny
    Do not wait. Take what is yours.
  • Intro Coffee addict
     Reply #13 - October 19, 2014, 07:57 PM

parrot

`But I don't want to go among mad people,' Alice remarked.
     `Oh, you can't help that,' said the Cat: `we're all mad here. I'm mad.  You're mad.'
     `How do you know I'm mad?' said Alice.
     `You must be,' said the Cat, `or you wouldn't have come here.'
  • Intro Coffee addict
     Reply #14 - October 19, 2014, 08:56 PM

Hi!

Hey, another one. Are you Cornflower's twin sister? Welcome to the forum anyway.

Sorry to hear about your kids. I hope you can get to see them again.

And again, sorry for my not very elegant English!

Don't worry about your English. It's fine. Smiley My Swedish is about as good as the chef from the Muppets. parrot

Devious, treacherous, murderous, neanderthal, sub-human of the West. bunny
  • Intro Coffee addict
     Reply #15 - October 20, 2014, 01:16 AM

Welcome welcome! parrot I'm also a coffee addict.
    And I'm sorry to hear about your kids. I hope they'll return soon! far away hug

turnipovich
  • Intro Coffee addict
     Reply #16 - October 20, 2014, 01:24 AM

Welcome. I'm sorry about your children.  parrot
  • Intro Coffee addict
     Reply #17 - October 20, 2014, 08:21 AM

My Swedish is about as good as the chef from the Muppets. parrot

Chocolate moose!

He's no friend to the friendless
    And he's the mother of grief
    There's only sorrow for tomorrow
    Surely life is too brief
  • Intro Coffee addict
     Reply #18 - October 20, 2014, 11:53 AM

Hi coffee addict, it's so sad that your children are far away  Cry Thank goodness these international snatches are being taken far more seriously nowdays. Hopefully the authorities will be able to reunite you  Smiley
  • Intro Coffee addict
     Reply #19 - October 20, 2014, 06:24 PM

Quote from: Coffee Addict
    Another thing I really missed as a muslim was reading books and listen to music. The first book I read, after leaving Islam, was The Satanic Verses by Salman Rushdie.

I have read Satanic Verses too.
    I suggest you should read (1) Among the Believers and (2) Beyond Belief. Both books are written by V.S. Naipaul. Both books offer great insight how Muslims think. Easy to read.
    Naipaul won a Nobel Prize for literature for writing a novel tiltled A House of Mr. Biswas.
    By the way, your English is good.

वासुदैव कुटुम्बकम्
    Entire World is One Family
    سارا سنسار ايک پريوار ہے
  • Intro Coffee addict
     Reply #20 - October 20, 2014, 10:41 PM

Welcome coffee addict. Sorry to hear about your kids. I hope they will return to you soon.
    Religion can make a good person do bad things and turn a normal family into dysfunctional.
  • Intro Coffee addict
     Reply #21 - May 23, 2015, 11:03 PM

Dear all who answered my thread!

I want to apologise for not responding to all your warm greetings. I wasn't able, I was sad, depressed, anxious, in a low mood.

But; I have regularly been Reading your forum, and I appreciate it so much. You are all so clever and I have learned very much from all your posts.

Best regards
  • Intro Coffee addict
     Reply #22 - May 23, 2015, 11:08 PM

far away hug Do you have any support? Any news on your children?

`Oh, you can't help that,' said the Cat: `we're all mad here. I'm mad.  You're mad.'
  • Intro Coffee addict
     Reply #23 - May 23, 2015, 11:27 PM

Hey coffee addict good to hear from you again.

Any news about your children?
  • Intro Coffee addict
     Reply #24 - May 23, 2015, 11:42 PM

Thanx Hassan  Smiley

My 3 daughters are still in Libya. My ex-husband, foolishly, returned to Sweden last november, and after some time the police took him. He has recently been sentenced 2 years in prison. Unfortunately he doesn't want to cooperate to help the Girls to leave Libya. My only hope just now, is that he will change his mind while he is in prison and start to cooperate.

Everything feels so unreal, it is as if this is not happening to me, like a Dream and soon I am going to Wake up. But I never Wake up...
    It is 2 voices inside me, one is telling me to just be patient, soon they will come home and Everything will be normal again, and the other voice telling me to be prepared for the worst, that it might take years Before I will see my Beautiful Girls again, if ever.
  • Intro Coffee addict
     Reply #25 - May 23, 2015, 11:49 PM

Is this not considered kidnapping? Can't the Swedish government put pressure on Libya?

• Intro Coffee addict
     Reply #26 - May 23, 2015, 11:54 PM

Hi Coffee addict,

welcome to our forum  parrot

I'm sorry to hear about your kids, and I hope you'll get them back soon  far away hug

• Intro Coffee addict
     Reply #27 - May 24, 2015, 12:00 AM

Thanx Hassan  Smiley

My 3 daughters are still in Libya. My ex-husband, foolishly, returned to Sweden last november, and after some time the police took him. He has recently been sentenced 2 years in prison. Unfortunately he doesn't want to cooperate to help the Girls to leave Libya. My only hope just now, is that he will change his mind while he is in prison and start to cooperate.

Everything feels so unreal, it is as if this is not happening to me, like a Dream and soon I am going to Wake up. But I never Wake up...
    It is 2 voices inside me, one is telling me to just be patient, soon they will come home and Everything will be normal again, and the other voice telling me to be prepared for the worst, that it might take years Before I will see my Beautiful Girls again, if ever.

My heart goes out to you.

Do you know any family members in Libya who might be sympathetic and help you?
  • Intro Coffee addict
     Reply #28 - May 24, 2015, 12:07 AM

Is this not considered kidnapping? Can't the Swedish government put pressure on Libya?

No, I've spoken to the Foreign Office, whatever it's called, and there are no authorities working properly in Libya right now, due to the lawlessness. There are no Swedish staff in Libya.  No embassy. My Children are in Zawia, in the west of Libya.
    I read in the news about a french man who was kidnapped in, I think Tchad or Niger or somewhere around, for several years. Finally some french Soldiers went to the Place and rescued him. There was also a Swedish man in the same situation, but the Swedish government would never, ever send any Soldiers to rescue anyone. To bad I am not French.

Hi Coffee addict,

welcome to our forum  parrot

I'm sorry to hear about your kids, and I hope you'll get them back soon  far away hug

Thanks a lot ElToro  Smiley
  • Intro Coffee addict
     Reply #29 - May 24, 2015, 12:10 AM

Hassan. I had some Telephone Contact with a brother to my ex-husband, but that didn't go well. Now they have changed their numbers, so I can't get any Contact at all.

• 12 Next page « Previous thread | Next thread »