Skip navigation
Sidebar -

Advanced search options →

Welcome

Welcome to CEMB forum.
Please login or register. Did you miss your activation email?

Donations

Help keep the Forum going!
Click on Kitty to donate:

Kitty is lost

Recent Posts

Do humans have needed kno...
Today at 04:17 AM

Qur'anic studies today
by zeca
Yesterday at 07:11 PM

What's happened to the fo...
by zeca
Yesterday at 06:39 PM

New Britain
Yesterday at 05:41 PM

Do humans have needed kno...
Yesterday at 05:47 AM

Iran launches drones
April 13, 2024, 09:56 PM

عيد مبارك للجميع! ^_^
by akay
April 12, 2024, 04:01 PM

Eid-Al-Fitr
by akay
April 12, 2024, 12:06 PM

Lights on the way
by akay
February 01, 2024, 12:10 PM

Mock Them and Move on., ...
January 30, 2024, 10:44 AM

Pro Israel or Pro Palesti...
January 29, 2024, 01:53 PM

Pakistan: The Nation.....
January 28, 2024, 02:12 PM

Theme Changer

Topic: New member (Muslim not Ex-muslim) joining the gang can i get huge welcome ?

(Read 18246 times)
  • Previous page 1 2 34 Next page « Previous thread | Next thread »
  • New memeber (Muslim not Ex-muslim) joining the gang can i get huge welcome ?
     Reply #60 - October 10, 2014, 12:47 AM

Thanks for taking the time out to reply Zaid. Through your fractured grammar it appears your critical faculties are severely damaged at the moment and that you are infected with faith.

In regard to your replies

a)

I never asked about religion of Mormonism. I asked about the objective claim of a Supernatural/paranormal liason. To be 0% you would have to disprove this claim, can you do that considering we can't prove a negative ?

b) yet again I never mentioned anything about believing as a muslim. Nor did I ask you if you thought Mohammed sincerely believed he saw an angel in that question. You seem to enjoy answering questions not asked of you lol and and answering these questions from a faith lens when I specifically said I'm asking about KNOWLEDGE.  Maybe you aren't understanding what I'm asking as it appears your grasp of the English language is poor. Not a personal attack but is English your 2nd/3rd language?

c) Personal testimony is not evidence of an objective paranormal claim.  EG if you have  one individual said they they saw a dragon blow fire to burn down a house, this would be laughed as this this is not something which has been observed before. However a if a few people report they saw a house put on fire deliberately as arson by some men, this is very probable because it’s this is something which is happens fairly regularly, it’s been caught on CCTV before and lots of people have been convicted of this crime. It has a NATURALISTIC explanation.

Also what happened before the Big Bang is unknown or even if there was a before or a beginning. The honest answer of what happened prior the Big Bang is "I don't know". When some Theoretical Physicists speculate absolutely the possibilities, that's what it is mere speculation. No Physicist has said they are CERTAIN what happened before the Big Bang , but it appears you are 100% CERTAIN that ALLAH caused the Big Bang ? (correct me if I'm wrong).

I asked you about supernatural/paranormal claims, I'm baffled as to why you spoke about Astrophysics in your reply to me when I didn't ask you any questions on Astrophysics.

I’ll ask the question in a clearer way, how would we KNOW (between A)Joseph Smiths claims to  have  seen an angel and B) Mohammeds claims to have seen an angel )which is true and which is untrue? Remember both these claims are mutually irreconcilable. Only one can be true but  both can be untrue and we have no corroborative testimonies of these two individuals seeing  angels apart from the two  individuals making the claim. Furthermore even in Islamic sources it is not claimed that any of Mo's buddies saw a palpable version of the Arch Angel Gabriel speaking to Mohammed.

SO given the similarity of Joseph's claims and Mohammed  and the fact that no humans apart from the ones making the claim witnessed it why is the huge difference in how convinced you are that these claims are true?

Also let's for a moment assume that both Mohammed and Joseph were being sincere and actually thought they met and spoke to angels. Considering now how we in the 21st century we have developed  and understanding and diagnoses of mental illnesses such as schizophrenia and know that people have disorders(of no fault of their own) where they believe they are hearing and seeing hallucinations and delusions would this not be a naturalistic explanation of what mohammed and Joseph Smith believed they were experiencing/witnessing ? On top of that once people(in recent times) have been given the appropriate medication they have stopped the hallucinations/delusions of interacting with gods/spirits/angels etc.

I’d be the first to accept paranormalism/supernaturalism if objective evidence was provided of such a mechanism having a role in reality. If one religions supernatural claims was objectively proven to be true I would see it as a very good thing as it would provide the answers to many questions that we don’t know the answers of. Now that you know I'd be willing to change my position, I'm wondering is there anything that would make you revise your belief that islam is true ?

i really didn't want this to turn into a discussion post i was just intreducing myself that is all anyway:
    regarles of what you said here:

a)I never asked about religion of Mormonism. I asked about the objective claim of a Supernatural/paranormal liason. To be 0% you would have to disprove this claim, can you do that considering we can't prove a negative ?

I'm sorry but didn't you asked about Joseph Smith? he created Mormonism and as far for it i said again i can't make a comment on it i said 0% because a-I'ma Muslim b-i don't study Mormonism infact i don't know alot about it so that renders your respond pointless

b)English is my second language so i guess there is a language barrier here (yet again I never mentioned anything about believing as a Muslim. Nor did I ask you if you thought Mohammed sincerely believed he saw an angel in that question. You seem to enjoy answering questions not asked of you lol and and answering these questions from a faith lens when I specifically said I'm asking about KNOWLEDGE.  Maybe you aren't understanding what I'm asking as it appears your grasp of the English language is poor. Not a personal attack but is English your 2nd/3rd language?)

i said 100% certain Muhammad saw an angel so if that is what you are looking for then you found it

c) Personal testimony is not evidence of an objective paranormal claim.  EG if you have  one individual said they they saw a dragon blow fire to burn down a house, this would be laughed as this this is not something which has been observed before. However a if a few people report they saw a house put on fire deliberately as arson by some men, this is very probable because it’s this is something which is happens fairly regularly, it’s been caught on CCTV before and lots of people have been convicted of this crime. It has a NATURALISTIC explanation.

c is a combination of a and b sense i answered both means c is irrelevant because you asked for evidence for both of them i for onse argue i can;t provide evidence for it as there are things that happened in the past you can't find evidence for it doesn't mean it didn't happen

second i didn't rely on personal testimony as the cure of my argument it's a side not maybe this is a language barrier ones again but let me ask you if you saw an alien and you tell people they won't believe untell they say show me an evidence and you don't have one will you blame yourself? you know deep down you saw it anyway

(I asked you about supernatural/paranormal claims, I'm baffled as to why you spoke about Astrophysics in your reply to me when I didn't ask you any questions on Astrophysics.)

because if you lesson to what i said i said the idea the something could come from nothing is paranormal that is MY POINT all along things can be explained naturally everything that we can explain and understand is natural but the things we can never understand or absorb is supernatural the idea the universe came from nothing is supernatural (paranormal) by itself that is my whole point all along didn't you see it?

(diagnoses of mental illnesses such as schizophrenia and know that people have disorders)

this goes back to my comment that i said at point B please read it i said delusional people can distinguish reality from delusion if Muhammad was delusional he wouldn't be abel to distinguish  reality from delusion and through his life as recorded we saw him clearly showing the difference here as far as (schizophrenia ) do you know what schizophrenia is? is a mental disorder often characterized by abnormal social behavior and failure to recognize what is real. Common symptoms include false beliefs, unclear or confused thinking, auditory hallucinations, reduced social engagement and emotional expression, and inactivity. Diagnosis is based on observed behavior and the person's reported experiences. (i.e split of personality) Muhammad clearly distinguished reality from delusion because if not he will not be able to survive

but let me use your logic here you said there is no empirical evidence that Muhammad saw an angel right? will there is no empirical evidence that he had any mental illness or schizophrenia  on the other hand

your claim here goes to an oriantalist by the name of Watt

"It is incredible that a person subject to epilepsy, or hysteria, or even ungovernable fits of emotion, could have been the active leader of military expeditions, or the cool far-seeing guide of a city-state and a growing religious community; but all this we know Muhammad to have been."

Mohammed and the Rise of Islam (Third Edition., p. 330-1). New York: G. P. Putnam’s Sons.

however let us focus on the part of epilepsy unfortunately for watt this doesn't fit in because i myself have epilepsy i know my illness his scientific illiteracy is beyond astonishing:

anyway here is why Watt is being illogical let us assume the prophet according to the hadith receive a seizure each revelation let's accept that now how many verses are there in the Quran?Huh? 6230+ verses means the prophet had 6230+ seizures?Huh?Huh?Huh?Huh?Huh?Huh?Huh?Huh?Huh?Huh?Huh?Huh?Huh?Huh? seriously really?Huh? you gonna believe that how can a man who got more than 6230 seizure can still walk?Huh???  not only that the symptoms described in the hadith (which is over the top of my head now) is lacking the characteristics of epilepsy in the hadith his body shake and he goes unconscious (i assume it says that) and he see lights however this is wrong according to epilepsy seizures symptom which i had sevral times of my life you get to bite your tougue (not mentioned in the hadith) you get to have a liquid coming out of your mouth (not mentioned in the hadith) you get to have your teeth will bite the tongue (not mentioned in the hadith) you sweet (not mentioned in the hadith) and on top of all that there is absolotly no mention of syptoms after the prophet wake up which happens to me and evry single epileptic patient and that you can't walk in good way you lose sense in your feet you feel your body as heavy your head will hurt you you will be scared and emotionally disturbed you will be falling for sleep easily and so on (NON OF WHAT I JUST SAID IS MENTIONED IN THE HADITH) so the epilepsy lie by Watt debunked here
    continue on

Epilepsy is a form of disease characterized by sudden insensibility, with convulsive movements of the voluntary muscles, and occasionally arrest of the breathing, owing to spasms of the muscles of respiration and temporary closure of the glottis. The epileptic not uncommonly gets insane, often loses his memory, and becomes subject to a certain want of acuteness, and depression of spirits which unfit him for the regular business of life. Disorders of digestion are also frequent, and there is a constant want of tone and vigour in all the bodily functions, which communicate an habitual expression of languor to the epileptic. Added to this, it can hardly be matter of surprise that the knowledge of his infirmity should deeply influence the mind of the epileptic, and produce a distaste for active occupations, especially for such as expose him to more than ordinary observation.”.
    Chamber’s Cyclopedia

“His epileptic fits, an absurd calumny of the Greeks, would be an object of pity rather than abhorrence;”
    The History of the Decline and Fall of the Roman Empire, John Murray, London 1887 vol.VI p.259

EVEN  Sir William Muir another orientalist said:
    at two years of age she” (Halima) “weaned him and took him home; that Aminah was so delighted with the healthy and robust appearance of her infant, who looked like a child of double the age, that she said ‘Take him with thee back again to the desert,
     The Life of Mahomet, Smith Elder and Co, London 1861

so if we medically observe the prophet no only the claim of epilepsy fall apart and the fact i have to say it's absurd to claim a man can still be alive after 6230+ seizures took over him and your hypothesis of his delusional life also fall apart

look at the end I'm not planning to make a discussion i'm here just to introduce myself and sorry for th long respons
     Reply #61 - October 10, 2014, 12:51 AM

You seem like you have your hands full answering all these questions from others but the reason I asked if you take the stories literally is that in my Christian background most Christians seem to think most stories in the Bible are allegorical such as Adam and Eve, Noah, and Jonah.

Where do you stand on such stories? I know they are found in the Quran to some extent, but are they taken literally? I just want a Muslim perspective rather than the Christian ones I am accustomed to.

yah you can say so I'm trying to get some sleep yet my email keep notifying me of these replies (no offence)

will i don't take it too much seriously it's stories after all i regard it as true but if that is what you meant by taking it literally then yes i do take it literally if it's equivalent to true
     Reply #62 - October 10, 2014, 12:54 AM

Nope. As humans we are incapable of being 100% logical at all times, if we were we would be robots. Emotion overrides logic all the time. We all have emotions regardless of faith. So we can all be irrational. For example I am a fan of the local NHL team yet logically they have little to no chance of winning the Cup this year. Logic dictates I should support a team which will win or has a higher chance of winning the Cup. Yet I support the local team against all logic. It does not mean I am dumb but just not logical. However I do think many confuse logic with their own appeals to emotion but this is not a case of intelligence but of education.  

i agree with you here emotions can get us logically wrong
     Reply #63 - October 10, 2014, 12:57 AM

You seem like you have your hands full answering all these questions from others but the reason I asked if you take the stories literally is that in my Christian background most Christians seem to think most stories in the Bible are allegorical such as Adam and Eve, Noah, and Jonah.

Where do you stand on such stories? I know they are found in the Quran to some extent, but are they taken literally? I just want a Muslim perspective rather than the Christian ones I am accustomed to.

and sorry for not answering you right away as you can see and as you said i have my hands full with trying to answer people questions however I'm up to go to sleep now i can't answer after than it's been nice talking to you guys and i hope we get to have a friendly discussion in the future
  • New member (Muslim not Ex-muslim) joining the gang can i get huge welcome ?
     Reply #64 - October 10, 2014, 01:04 AM

parrot

Welcome!

Don't let Hitler have the street.
     Reply #65 - October 10, 2014, 01:04 AM

Quite alright. Looking forward to future discussions.

Nice to meet you!

"I moreover believe that any religion that has anything in it that shocks the mind of a child, cannot be a true system."
    -Thomas Paine
     Reply #66 - October 10, 2014, 01:08 AM

Take your time.
     Reply #67 - October 10, 2014, 02:35 AM

I'm sorry but didn't you asked about Joseph Smith? he created Mormonism and as far for it i said again i can't make a comment on it i said 0% because  a-I'ma Muslim

I didn't ask you to answer to this question through the lens of faith. Only Using the dishonesty of faith of can one come to an answer of 0% here, however that clearly is not reliable as using critical thinking it's not able to come to a figure of 0%

i said 100% certain Muhammad saw an angel so if that is what you are looking for then you found it
    How can WE know this with absolute certainty ?  1400 years later nobody has yet found any objective evidence of any supernatural/paranormal garbage.

there are things that happened in the past you can't find evidence for it doesn't  mean it didn't happen
    Yes absence of evidence isn't evidence of absence. But POSITIVE evidence for a claim indicates a high level of probability and not evidence has ever been found for any paranormal phenomenon let alone as a shiny white angel who ambushes random desert nomads.

if you saw an alien and you tell people they won't believe untell they say show me an evidence and you don't have one will you blame yourself? you know deep down you saw it  anyway
    I would have it objectively verified. The easiest person to fool is yourself.

because if you lesson to what i said i said the idea the something could come from nothing is paranormal
    No it ain't. If you're talking about Quantam Mechanics there's within the realms of naturalism. No woo woo is required. It's demonstrable without any paranormal/supernatural rubbish involved in the mechanism.

the things we can never understand or absorb is supernatural the idea the universe came  from nothing is supernatural (paranormal) by itself that is my whole point all along  didn't you see it?
    God of the Gaps fallacy, No it isn't supernatural, It means we haven't fully understood the origins of the universe. We don't know anything about the universe prior to the Big Bang phase.

delusional people can distinguish reality from delusion
    No they can't, that's why they are delusional ! lol

do you know what schizophrenia is? is a mental disorder often characterized by abnormal social behavior and failure to recognize what is real
    Of which Mohammed showed plenty of symptoms within islamic sources themselves !

you said there is no empirical evidence that Muhammad saw an angel right? will there is no empirical evidence that he had any mental illness or  schizophrenia  on the other hand

Excuse me Where did I say "there's no emperical evidence Mohammed never saw an angel", I haven't even used the word "emperical" in this thread. I spoke of corroborative testimones ! Please don't lie and say I said things I never did, people can scroll back and actually read what people have said. Don't make up things people have said, this is very disingenous.

My point regarding schizophrenia is that we have now understood this mental disorder in modern times and back then we hadn’t, so an individual could have genuinely thought they were having a paranormal/supernatural interaction when they wern’t

let us assume the prophet according to the hadith receive a seizure each revelation let's accept that now how many verses are there in the Quran?Huh? 6230+ verses means the prophet had 6230+ seizures?
    Nobodies knows who the composer/composers of the quran were.
     Reply #68 - October 10, 2014, 05:50 AM

and sorry for not answering you right away as you can see and as you said i have my hands full with trying to answer people questions however I'm up to go to sleep now i can't answer after than it's been nice talking to you guys and i hope we get to have a friendly discussion in the future

Ahmed, don't feel you have to answer right away. If you want to take your time, take your time. Also, you're new to this forum and this is your introduction thread. As other posters have said, we have plenty of time to get to know each other better.

`But I don't want to go among mad people,' Alice remarked.
     `Oh, you can't help that,' said the Cat: `we're all mad here. I'm mad.  You're mad.'
     `How do you know I'm mad?' said Alice.
     `You must be,' said the Cat, `or you wouldn't have come here.'
     Reply #69 - October 10, 2014, 09:05 AM

Nice to meet you!

you too
     Reply #70 - October 10, 2014, 09:43 AM

I'm sorry but didn't you asked about Joseph Smith? he created Mormonism and as far for it i said again i can't make a comment on it i said 0% because  a-I'ma Muslim

I didn't ask you to answer to this question through the lens of faith. Only Using the dishonesty of faith of can one come to an answer of 0% here, however that clearly is not reliable as using critical thinking it's not able to come to a figure of 0%

How can WE know this with absolute certainty ?  1400 years later nobody has yet found any objective evidence of any supernatural/paranormal garbage.

there are things that happened in the past you can't find evidence for it doesn't  mean it didn't happen
    Yes absence of evidence isn't evidence of absence. But POSITIVE evidence for a claim indicates a high level of probability and not evidence has ever been found for any paranormal phenomenon let alone as a shiny white angel who ambushes random desert nomads.

if you saw an alien and you tell people they won't believe untell they say show me an evidence and you don't have one will you blame yourself? you know deep down you saw it  anyway
    I would have it objectively verified. The easiest person to fool is yourself.

because if you lesson to what i said i said the idea the something could come from nothing is paranormal
    No it ain't. If you're talking about Quantam Mechanics there's within the realms of naturalism. No woo woo is required. It's demonstrable without any paranormal/supernatural rubbish involved in the mechanism.

the things we can never understand or absorb is supernatural the idea the universe came  from nothing is supernatural (paranormal) by itself that is my whole point all along  didn't you see it?
    God of the Gaps fallacy, No it isn't supernatural, It means we haven't fully understood the origins of the universe. We don't know anything about the universe prior to the Big Bang phase.

delusional people can distinguish reality from delusion
    No they can't, that's why they are delusional ! lol

do you know what schizophrenia is? is a mental disorder often characterized by abnormal social behavior and failure to recognize what is real
    Of which Mohammed showed plenty of symptoms within islamic sources themselves !

you said there is no empirical evidence that Muhammad saw an angel right? will there is no empirical evidence that he had any mental illness or  schizophrenia  on the other hand

Excuse me Where did I say "there's no emperical evidence Mohammed never saw an angel", I haven't even used the word "emperical" in this thread. I spoke of corroborative testimones ! Please don't lie and say I said things I never did, people can scroll back and actually read what people have said. Don't make up things people have said, this is very disingenous.

My point regarding schizophrenia is that we have now understood this mental disorder in modern times and back then we hadn't, so an individual could have genuinely thought they were having a paranormal/supernatural interaction when they weren't

let us assume the prophet according to the hadith receive a seizure each revelation let's accept that now how many verses are there in the Quran?Huh? 6230+ verses means the prophet had 6230+ seizures?
    Nobodies knows who the composer/composers of the quran were.

(i said 100% certain Muhammad saw an angel so if that is what you are looking for then you found it[/b][/u]
    How can WE know this with absolute certainty ?  1400 years later nobody has yet found any objective evidence of any supernatural/paranormal garbage.)

again this goes back to my comment just because someone saw something for real but had no evidence for it doesn't mean he didn't saw it so your demand for objective evidence fall apart the only way you can refute this is to prove he was delusional which no one tell today was able to achieve that

(there are things that happened in the past you can't find evidence for it doesn't  mean it didn't happen[/b][/u]
    Yes absence of evidence isn't evidence of absence. But POSITIVE evidence for a claim indicates a high level of probability and not evidence has ever been found for any paranormal phenomenon let alone as a shiny white angel who ambushes random desert nomads.)

again back into my comment just because someone saw something and had no evidence to back it up doesn't mean it didn't happen he just didn't have the means and the tools to backup his evidence now as for paranormal look around you ghost sittings and many many people who lived in houses that they thought was ok yet it turned out to be hunted and they brought there story one of these stories was brought into a movie called the conjuring Google it it's based on actuall life evidence we have UFO sittings all over the world and many many more more than enough to fill this thread

but why i'm saying that no matter what i bring you images of UFOs or ghosts or anything paranormal even the idea something can come from nothing by itself is paranormal you won't believe me

(if you saw an alien and you tell people they won't believe untell they say show me an evidence and you don't have one will you blame yourself? you know deep down you saw it  anyway
    I would have it objectively verified. The easiest person to fool is yourself.)

how can you fool yourself if you know you are not delusional if you made tests on your brain and turned out that you are not delusional yet you saw a UFO can you blame yourself again

look around you there is enough paranormal evidence even enough to make atheists out there make a new branch of atheism called atheism+ where they believe in supernatural but they still don't believe in a god

(because if you lesson to what i said i said the idea the something could come from nothing is paranormal
    No it ain't. If you're talking about Quantam Mechanics there's within the realms of naturalism. No woo woo is required. It's demonstrable without any paranormal/supernatural rubbish involved in the mechanism.)

Quantum mechanics falls of the idea something come from something QM is about he movement of the electrons or the atoms in boddys in space so saying something come from NOTHING (zero no matter nata) is not a normal thing we haven't absorbed it at all no one till today have ever successfully showed something come from nothing so?? then we are left with one explanation for it that it's supernatural

(the things we can never understand or absorb is supernatural the idea the universe came  from nothing is supernatural (paranormal) by itself that is my whole point all along  didn't you see it?
    God of the Gaps fallacy, No it isn't supernatural, It means we haven't fully understood the origins of the universe. We don't know anything about the universe prior to the Big Bang phase. )

when did i said GOD?Huh? when did i said sense we don't understand it therefore GOD did it please show me where i said that???

(delusional people can distinguish reality from delusion
    No they can't, that's why they are delusional ! lol)

i apologize for that i meant can't Google translate that i use to fix grammar errors must have messed it up

(do you know what schizophrenia is? is a mental disorder often characterized by abnormal social behavior and failure to recognize what is real
    Of which Mohammed showed plenty of symptoms within Islamic sources themselves !)

NO absolutely not the only one single incident you have is when he thought he had sex with his wife yet he didn't and guess what made him think that?? a magic was worked on him NOT schizophrenia your logic dictate there is no evidence that he saw an angel yet there is no evidence that he had schizophrenia all along there so no evidence for epliplsy and so on yes people called him mad man but that doesn't mean he had schizophrenia you can be mad and not have schizophrenia  schizophrenia  is again a split of personality Muhammad didn't show any symptoms for it again if he had schizophrenia  he will not be able to survive your hypothesis fall apart

(you said there is no empirical evidence that Muhammad saw an angel right? will there is no empirical evidence that he had any mental illness or  schizophrenia  on the other hand

)

i was speaking figuratively as you and atheists always ask for empirical evidence for everything that is my point if you did said something i will use the quote but i didn't this shows i meant it figuratively as atheists always ask for empirical evidence

(My point regarding schizophrenia is that we have now understood this mental disorder in modern times and back then we hadn’t, so an individual could have genuinely thought they were having a paranormal/supernatural interaction when they wern’t)

yes but we have biographies of the prophet any mental disorder will have been academically accepted Muslims would have belived it yet we see many many times if the prophet was schizophrenic he will never be able to talk normally or even understand people never yet we see him 99% of the time answering people question and making statements to people and realize reality if he was schizophrenic he would have been killed easly in battles because he won;t be able to see reality and he would have killed one of his soldiers thinking he was the enemy YET we see no evidence for that the one one you have is about him having magic worked on him yet we see academic don't say that the only evidence of a mental disorder you have on hims is epilepsy which i showed can't be applied on Muhammad just because we understand it today doesn't mean you will unfairly and blindly apply it on people in the past without evidence for that just for the fact we hate them

(let us assume the prophet according to the hadith receive a seizure each revelation let's accept that now how many verses are there in the Quran?Huh? 6230+ verses means the prophet had 6230+ seizures?
    Nobodies knows who the composer/composers of the quran were.)

red herring logical fallacy first you accused me of God of the gabs which i didn't put the word God on it everyone can see it now you made the red herring logical fallacy so please read my post here

at the end i don't want this discussion to go further this is an introduction post i don't want people ti get the wrong idea about me here we can do it on Skype add me on Skype (AhmedZaid9119)
     Reply #71 - October 10, 2014, 09:44 AM

Ahmed, don't feel you have to answer right away. If you want to take your time, take your time. Also, you're new to this forum and this is your introduction thread. As other posters have said, we have plenty of time to get to know each other better.

will I'm trying to keep this as a introduction post not a discussion to keep everything organized i gave my skype so if anyone want to have a discussion can add me
     Reply #72 - October 10, 2014, 09:45 AM

parrot

Welcome!

thank you nice to meet you
     Reply #73 - October 10, 2014, 09:46 AM

Nice to meet you!

Nice to meet you too Smiley if you want to have a discussion with me add me on Skype (AhmedZaid9119) I'm very open for a discussion and willingly ready to change my position in islam
     Reply #74 - October 11, 2014, 05:12 AM

I am not big with Skye. If you know of an episode(s) of the Jinn and Tonic show you were on link a few. It will at least give me some idea of your views.
     Reply #75 - October 11, 2014, 08:19 AM

I know you don't want to debate here (will you really only do it over skype?), but just a thought: you might want to rethink your hypothesis about how slavery in Islam is/was for the benefit of the slave. Why, then, would freeing one of your slaves have been a noble thing to do with a reward associated with it in Islam? Sounds like not even Mohammad himself believed what you were saying.
     Reply #76 - October 11, 2014, 10:13 AM

I am not big with Skye. If you know of an episode(s) of the Jinn and Tonic show you were on link a few. It will at least give me some idea of your views.

hmm not actually none of what we discussed here was mentioned when i was in the show
     Reply #77 - October 11, 2014, 10:18 AM

I know you don't want to debate here (will you really only do it over skype?), but just a thought: you might want to rethink your hypothesis about how slavery in Islam is/was for the benefit of the slave. Why, then, would freeing one of your slaves have been a noble thing to do with a reward associated with it in Islam? Sounds like not even Mohammad himself believed what you were saying.

not actually we can make a discussion post here on the forms but not on my introduction post not everything have to be discussed on Skype and bout slavery I'm glade you admit that i didn't condone it many people don't think and read what i said and jump into conclusion like stopspamming and yes it's a hypothesis but it's based on ideas and based on critical thinking of why Islam allowed slavery so i think the prophet allowed it so no slave can die hungry or with no home on the street but if Islam allowed slavery just for the master to have fun or for the slave to be tortured or for them to have such a bad life or being a lower level like you guys think Islam does i think this hypothesis doesn't work based on evidence in the hadith
     Reply #78 - October 11, 2014, 10:31 AM

Punctuation.
     Reply #79 - October 11, 2014, 11:39 AM

No actually. We can make a discussion thread here on the fourms, but not on my introduction post. Not everything has to be discussed on Skype and has to be about slavery. I'm glad you admit that I didn't condone it. Many people don't think about, nor read what I said, and jump to conclusions. Like stopspamming did for instance. And yes it's a hypothesis, but it's based on ideas and based on critical thinking of why Islam allowed slavery. I think the prophet allowed it, so that no slave can die hungry or with no home, and on the streets. However, if Islam allowed slavery just for the master to have fun, or for the slave to be tortured, or for them to have such a bad life, or for them to exist at a lower level, like you guys think Islam does, then I feel this hypothesis is incorrect (based on evidence in the hadith).

Done. I think.

Ahmed's mind works very quickly. Plus, punctuation is for wimps. We can still get his points?

Hi
     Reply #80 - October 11, 2014, 12:11 PM

Not I, drunk, drooling and stupid.
     Reply #81 - October 11, 2014, 01:05 PM

Lol

Hi
     Reply #82 - October 11, 2014, 01:09 PM

not actually we can make a discussion post here on the forms but not on my introduction post not everything have to be discussed on Skype and bout slavery I'm glade you admit that i didn't condone it many people don't think and read what i said and jump into conclusion like stopspamming and yes it's a hypothesis but it's based on ideas and based on critical thinking of why Islam allowed slavery so i think the prophet allowed it so no slave can die hungry or with no home on the street but if Islam allowed slavery just for the master to have fun or for the slave to be tortured or for them to have such a bad life or being a lower level like you guys think Islam does i think this hypothesis doesn't work based on evidence in the hadith

So slavery has turned to charity in your Islam?
     Reply #83 - October 11, 2014, 01:28 PM

Okay, no problem, OP. Can you make that thread? I am interested in hearing you defend your hypothesis.
     Reply #84 - October 11, 2014, 01:53 PM

Punctuation.

why is Punctuations important?
     Reply #85 - October 11, 2014, 01:56 PM

Done. I think.

Ahmed's mind works very quickly. Plus, punctuation is for wimps. We can still get his points?

what do you mean by "Ahmed's mind works very quickly." is it some sort of a compliment because i don't endorse slavery what i presented was a hypothesis and I'm happy enough to admit it might be false and happy to see the evidence against it my WHOLE point is people like stopspamming jumped to insult me for it thinking (without reading the rest) that i condoned slavery
     Reply #86 - October 11, 2014, 01:57 PM

So slavery has turned to charity in your Islam?

please pay attention to what i said before "i don't condone (allow) slavery" what i presented was a hypothesis nothing more it's not proven i never stated slavery is a charity in islam
     Reply #87 - October 11, 2014, 01:59 PM

Okay, no problem, OP. Can you make that thread? I am interested in hearing you defend your hypothesis.

Ok where should i post it?
     Reply #88 - October 11, 2014, 01:59 PM

To be honest, punctuation makes what you're writing a million times clearer. It is also easier and more pleasant to read something with punctuation than just a big block of text without sentences or commas. With English, punctuation is absolutely necessary.

I think English is not your first language, OP (forgive me if I'm wrong), and I know that punctuation is sometimes confusing for people who are learning English as a second language, but it is extremely valuable if you want to be understood and taken seriously. I know it's unfair, but I will admit that sometimes my eyes just glaze over when I see a huge, unformatted wall of text with no punctuation, and the most I can bring myself to do is skim their points.

I would really recommend that you make an effort to start improving your skills here. It's a small thing that will make a huge difference for you, OP, and make your life easier in the long run.
     Reply #89 - October 11, 2014, 02:00 PM

I'd guess here would be okay. http://www.councilofexmuslims.com/index.php?board=8.0
  • Previous page 1 2 34 Next page « Previous thread | Next thread »