Skip navigation
Sidebar -

Advanced search options →

Welcome

Welcome to CEMB forum.
Please login or register. Did you miss your activation email?

Donations

Help keep the Forum going!
Click on Kitty to donate:

Kitty is lost

Recent Posts

Do humans have needed kno...
Today at 05:47 AM

New Britain
April 16, 2024, 12:05 AM

Iran launches drones
April 13, 2024, 09:56 PM

عيد مبارك للجميع! ^_^
by akay
April 12, 2024, 04:01 PM

Eid-Al-Fitr
by akay
April 12, 2024, 12:06 PM

What's happened to the fo...
April 11, 2024, 01:00 AM

Lights on the way
by akay
February 01, 2024, 12:10 PM

Mock Them and Move on., ...
January 30, 2024, 10:44 AM

Pro Israel or Pro Palesti...
January 29, 2024, 01:53 PM

Pakistan: The Nation.....
January 28, 2024, 02:12 PM

Gaza assault
January 27, 2024, 01:08 PM

Nawal El Saadawi: Egypt's...
January 27, 2024, 12:24 PM

Theme Changer

Topic: New member (Muslim not Ex-muslim) joining the gang can i get huge welcome ?

(Read 18242 times)
  • Previous page 1 23 4 Next page « Previous thread | Next thread »
  • New memeber (Muslim not Ex-muslim) joining the gang can i get huge welcome ?
     Reply #30 - October 09, 2014, 07:58 PM

I really didn't plan for my introduction post to turn like this at the end it turned into some sort of a discussion sorry about that
     Reply #31 - October 09, 2014, 08:01 PM

Welcome to the forum Ahmed, have a rabbit!  bunny

how fuck works without shit??

Let's Play Chess!

harakaat, friend, RIP
     Reply #32 - October 09, 2014, 08:10 PM

[…..
    [7/23/2014 6:01:15 PM] Anonymous8 za: but I won't last long basicly I'm gonna talk to you in a very hut room and it's getting me sweeting lol so yah I won't last long
    [7/23/2014 6:03:39 PM] Anonymous8 za: wanna do it alone with me?
    [7/23/2014 6:05:06 PM] Stop Spamming: you have a question, so why don't you ask?
    [7/23/2014 6:05:39 PM] Anonymous8 za: hmm ok wanna go straight to the question and cancel the subject of slavery and rape?
    [7/23/2014 6:05:56 PM] Anonymous8 za: ok here is the question
    [7/23/2014 6:06:29 PM] Anonymous8 za: you said no matter what you do with slaves no matter how nice you are with them that is not important
    [7/23/2014 6:06:54 PM] Anonymous8 za: you said the problem is islam allowed slavery not how you treat slaves
    [7/23/2014 6:07:08 PM] Anonymous8 za: I actually disagree here
    [7/23/2014 6:07:26 PM] Anonymous8 za: i think the idea islam allowing slavery is good according to islam wanna know why?
    [7/23/2014 6:07:50 PM] Stop Spamming: no, not really.
    [7/23/2014 6:08:11 PM] Anonymous8 za: so? what is your actuall opinion?
    [7/23/2014 6:10:23 PM] Stop Spamming: that is my opinion. you said it.
    [7/23/2014 6:10:54 PM | Edited 7/24/2014 6:26:17 AM] Anonymous8 za: wanna know why i think allowing slavery good according to islam
    [7/23/2014 6:11:01 PM] Anonymous8 za: ok here is my theory
    [7/23/2014 6:11:15 PM] Anonymous8 za: islam allowed slavery because a reason
    [7/23/2014 6:11:23 PM] Anonymous8 za: who are the slaves?
    [7/23/2014 6:11:38 PM] Anonymous8 za: they are poor people with no home and no food and no clothes
    [7/23/2014 6:12:42 PM] Anonymous8 za: if islam didn't allow slavery imagen what will happen to them at the time of Arabia especially with such hut environment
    [7/23/2014 6:12:58 PM] Anonymous8 za: they will die out of hunger and no clothes or a house
    [7/23/2014 6:13:22 PM] Anonymous8 za: when they knock a door to ask for a place to live in they will be rejected
    [7/23/2014 6:13:35 PM] Anonymous8 za: why? beouse islam doesn't allow slavery
    [7/23/2014 6:13:37 PM] Anonymous8 za: BUT
    [7/23/2014 6:13:43 PM] Anonymous8 za: if islam allow slavery
    [7/23/2014 6:14:20 PM] Anonymous8 za: they will get home a place to live and a master to feed them also to give them tasks to get them energized and being usefool
    [7/23/2014 6:14:31 PM] Anonymous8 za: instead of being a heavy burden
    [7/23/2014 6:14:41 PM] Anonymous8 za: now i kow what you will say
    [7/23/2014 6:15:17 PM] Anonymous8 za: why can't just Islam  then allow them to be feed and have a place to live for serton amount of time
    [7/23/2014 6:15:24 PM] Anonymous8 za: in hut condition
    ….

LOL. Why do you keep saying ‘hut’ conditions??

Hi
     Reply #33 - October 09, 2014, 08:15 PM

Welcome to the forum Ahmed, have a rabbit!  bunny

thanks have a parrot parrot
     Reply #34 - October 09, 2014, 08:16 PM

LOL. Why do you keep saying ‘hut’ conditions??

will i was trying to say i was upstairs and air was very hot almost 45 degree i meant hot  not hut sorry my english
     Reply #35 - October 09, 2014, 08:17 PM

that's ok, I find small things funny.. my bad

Hi
     Reply #36 - October 09, 2014, 08:19 PM

I really didn't plan for my introduction post to turn like this at the end it turned into some sort of a discussion sorry about that

It fine, what it is here for!
     Reply #37 - October 09, 2014, 09:18 PM

Hello Ahmed! Welcome to the forum!

Do you believe all the stories narrated in the Quran are literally true?

"I moreover believe that any religion that has anything in it that shocks the mind of a child, cannot be a true system."
    -Thomas Paine
     Reply #38 - October 09, 2014, 09:55 PM

Hey guys, I think we should grant Ahmed the same courtesy we would any new member and not drill him too much in his intro thread. He'll have plenty of time to go through his beliefs and convictions as he likes in the coming days and weeks. For now, welcome aboard and enjoy some customary sacred animals.  parrot bunny
     Reply #39 - October 09, 2014, 10:04 PM

Welcome

Steven Hawking's idea that the gravity is enough to create the universe out of nothing is not a good idea (with all respect to him) because what is gravity??? it's a law it's not nothing so a law to exist before the universe itself existed in nonsensecal how can a law exist before even matter exist?Huh???
    now as for explaining it let see what something come from nothing is is it normal? or paranormal??

He does not solely put forward gravity is enough. He talks about QM as well as time and space. You are misrepresenting his views. Read his book the Grand Design. A law in physics is descriptive not prescriptive.

Reply #40 - October 09, 2014, 10:20 PM

that's ok, I find small things funny.. my bad

it's ok I'm not offended i love sense of humor to well same with me it's just English is not m first language
     Reply #41 - October 09, 2014, 10:22 PM

Hello Ahmed! Welcome to the forum!

Do you believe all the stories narrated in the Quran are literally true?

well not everything in the Quran is literal some speeches are figurative this goes for another topic now as for stories yes i do believe it to be true that is why i'm a Muslim as far as to you possible response (well you were not there so how do you know it happened) well you know a crime happened but you weren't there right?
     Reply #42 - October 09, 2014, 10:28 PM

Hey guys, I think we should grant Ahmed the same courtesy we would any new member and not drill him too much in his intro thread. He'll have plenty of time to go through his beliefs and convictions as he likes in the coming days and weeks. For now, welcome aboard and enjoy some customary sacred animals.  parrot bunny

hahah nice it's good at-least my post didn't turned to be heated as i thought it will currently I'm in college busy so for this year I won't be active after this year sense it's my final year I'll graduate and become an engineer (wish me luck) then i will have much free time to talk to you guys here or you can add me on skype

again i"m ready to change my beliefs anytime when i'm presented with facts i know just because you are an ex-muslim doesn't mean when you question me you want me to leave islam sometimes i love learning new stuff and I'm quite sure you guys can learn from me

i have a personal question and anyone here not just you happymurtad  the question is:
    do you think as an atheist that you have superiority over me in IQ and intelligent just because you are an atheist and just because I'm a Muslim do you think that makes me automatically irrational?
     Reply #43 - October 09, 2014, 10:29 PM

Nope
     Reply #44 - October 09, 2014, 10:36 PM

Welcome

He does not solely put forward gravity is enough. He talks about QM as well as time and space. You are misrepresenting his views. Read his book the Grand Design. A law in physics is descriptive not prescriptive.

by QM you mean Quantum mechanics??
    Quantum mechanics (QM; also known as quantum physics, or quantum theory) is a fundamental branch of physics which deals with physical phenomena at nanoscopic scales where the action is on the order of the Planck constant. It departs from classical mechanics primarily at the quantum realm of atomic and subatomic length scales. Quantum mechanics provides a mathematical description of much of the dual particle-like and wave-like behavior and interactions of energy and matter. Quantum mechanics provides a substantially useful framework for many features of the modern periodic table of elements including the behavior of atoms during chemical bonding and has played a significant role in the development of many modern technologies.

you see QM doesn't have much to do with the era pre to the Bigbang it's basically about how atoms are moving in waves

He said:
    Because there is a law such as gravity, the universe can and will create itself from nothing. Spontaneous creation is the reason there is something rather than nothing, why the universe exists, why we exist.The universe didn't need a God to begin; it was quite capable of launching its existence on its own

so you see i didn't misrepresented him this is straight from his book that you are asking me to read (The Grand Design)
     Reply #45 - October 09, 2014, 10:39 PM

well not everything in the Quran is literal some speeches are figurative this goes for another topic now as for stories yes i do believe it to be true that is why i'm a Muslim as far as to you possible response (well you were not there so how do you know it happened) well you know a crime happened but you weren't there right?

I just hope to just get a brief overview of your views on how literally you take the Quran.

So you believe in the truth of the stories about Jesus doing miraculous things like breathing life into clay birds and the flood during Noah's time and whatnot? And whoa there. Slow your horses, that would not be my objection at all. No need to argue with me before I present any objection.

btw I am impressed by your civility and politeness. It probably is intimidating to be in a forum with so many opposing viewpoints. All respect to you man

"I moreover believe that any religion that has anything in it that shocks the mind of a child, cannot be a true system."
    -Thomas Paine
     Reply #46 - October 09, 2014, 10:41 PM

do you think as an atheist that you have superiority over me in IQ and intelligent just because you are an atheist and just because I'm a Muslim do you think that makes me automatically irrational?

Nope.

Also being atheist does definitely not automatically make one rational Tongue

Of course you will find plenty of people who will argue otherwise just with the sole knowledge that you are Muslim. However those people tend to be dicks.

Good luck with your studies Smiley

Danish Never-Moose adopted by the kind people on the CEMB-forum
    Ex-Muslim chat (Unaffliated with CEMB). Safari users: Use "#ex-muslims" as the channel name. CEMB chat thread.
     Reply #47 - October 09, 2014, 10:45 PM

i have a personal question and anyone here not just you happymurtad  the question is:

I don't particularly identify as an Atheist, but as I am close to it I would answer a emphatic: "Hell no"

Atheists can easily be just as irrational and utterly intellectually vapid as theists can be. Theists can be spectacularly intelligent (Isaac Newton, Francis Collins). I just don't think the main reason many people are theists is because of logic and reason, as opposed to many atheist and former religious people are that way because of logic and reason

-Thomas Paine
     Reply #48 - October 09, 2014, 10:46 PM

There's plenty of dumb irreligious athiests out there, the type that don't contemplate anything whatsoever, especially in the UK lol
     Reply #49 - October 09, 2014, 11:05 PM

Hi Guys My Name is Ahmed i showed up on J&T show many times I'm a Muslim revert from Atheism (Ex-Atheist) this is the first time i join an ex-muslim forms i hope i meet new nice people
    I'm well educated on topics of Islam (i left the religion before) i exist on skype by the name of AhmedZaid9119 feel free to add me just tell me you saw this post and decided to add me i don't accept strangers right away so tell me how you found me
    i want to tell you about me
    I'm a college student studying Computer Technology engineering this is my Final year after that I'll be an engineer ones i graduate wish me luck
    my second hobby after computers is of course studying my religion and find out new stuff i engage with atheists on YouTube under the name of Ahmed Zaid youtube channel (i don't make videos BTW)
    I'm fully ready to leave my faith i left it before i can do it again if i were presented with facts and with logic
    i challenge my faith several times and put it on test to see the result i don't stick to it even if i saw all evidence against it
    i accept evolution although i'm skeptic to it as we know evolution change from time to time you can call me evolutionist but i think it's stupid to label people according to the theory they believe in so? does this means that the people who believe in gravity should be called gravitationist?
    i love have civilized conversation and exchange ideas i'm very open on discussion as i showed several times (lately) on jinn and tonic show and Klingschor himself know me
    i speak Arabic i was born in Iraq so that will give me advantage in understanding my religion (no offence) parrot
    i treat people just like how they treat me
    i have no respect for the likes of Christopher hitches because he support the iraqi war
    i respect other beliefs and i don't hate atheists just some thin headed people like bill maher and thundefoot who generalize
    generalization to me is the worse logical fallacy ones someone commit it i lose all my respect for him/her it happened to thunderfoot and bill maher
    there is so many other things that i would love to let you know about me I'm just new on board and I'm a Muslim
    so thank you guys for your time looking forward for the responses
     thnkyu

Hello Ahmed, I introduce myself as a Muslim. Background of my life, is from a family that did not care whether I and other siblings. What I mean is, in addition to the six pillars of faith that matter, every Muslim in his life should carry on or do 5 things called pillars of Islam.

But since childhood I rarely do Solat, Ramadan, and others also, until now been the same. When I was a teenager at the time, I was a womanizer, drinking alcohol, gambling, stealing, fighting, and many others, until I got married I quit all my bad habits. And now my wife and children I had never forced them as Muslims in their lives should carry out or do 5 things called pillars of Islam ...

thnkyu
     Reply #50 - October 09, 2014, 11:08 PM

by QM you mean Quantum mechanics??

Yes although it does include quantum theories.

Quantum mechanics (QM; also known as quantum physics, or quantum theory) is a fundamental branch of physics which deals with physical phenomena at nanoscopic scales where the action is on the order of the Planck constant. It departs from classical mechanics primarily at the quantum realm of atomic and subatomic length scales. Quantum mechanics provides a mathematical description of much of the dual particle-like and wave-like behavior and interactions of energy and matter. Quantum mechanics provides a substantially useful framework for many features of the modern periodic table of elements including the behavior of atoms during chemical bonding and has played a significant role in the development of many modern technologies.

you see QM doesn't have much to do with the era pre to the Bigbang it's basically about how atoms are moving in waves [/quote]

Actually it does. Reread what you posted. Also read. http://www.hawking.org.uk/the-beginning-of-time.html Also I advise you to avoid Wiki's for your lesson in science.

He said:
    Because there is a law such as gravity, the universe can and will create itself from nothing. Spontaneous creation is the reason there is something rather than nothing, why the universe exists, why we exist.The universe didn't need a God to begin; it was quite capable of launching its existence on its own

Consider the above replies and your misunderstanding I need a source for your quote. I have the feeling you never read the book and you are just quote mining.

so you see i didn't misrepresented him this is straight from his book that you are asking me to read (The Grand Design)

Read chapter 6 and chapter 8
     Reply #51 - October 09, 2014, 11:10 PM

Thanks for taking the time out to reply Zaid. Through your fractured grammar it appears your critical faculties are severely damaged at the moment and that you are infected with faith.

In regard to your replies

a)

I never asked about religion of Mormonism. I asked about the objective claim of a Supernatural/paranormal liason. To be 0% you would have to disprove this claim, can you do that considering we can't prove a negative ?

b) yet again I never mentioned anything about believing as a muslim. Nor did I ask you if you thought Mohammed sincerely believed he saw an angel in that question. You seem to enjoy answering questions not asked of you lol and and answering these questions from a faith lens when I specifically said I'm asking about KNOWLEDGE.  Maybe you aren't understanding what I'm asking as it appears your grasp of the English language is poor. Not a personal attack but is English your 2nd/3rd language?

c) Personal testimony is not evidence of an objective paranormal claim.  EG if you have  one individual said they they saw a dragon blow fire to burn down a house, this would be laughed as this this is not something which has been observed before. However a if a few people report they saw a house put on fire deliberately as arson by some men, this is very probable because it’s this is something which is happens fairly regularly, it’s been caught on CCTV before and lots of people have been convicted of this crime. It has a NATURALISTIC explanation.

Also what happened before the Big Bang is unknown or even if there was a before or a beginning. The honest answer of what happened prior the Big Bang is "I don't know". When some Theoretical Physicists speculate absolutely the possibilities, that's what it is mere speculation. No Physicist has said they are CERTAIN what happened before the Big Bang , but it appears you are 100% CERTAIN that ALLAH caused the Big Bang ? (correct me if I'm wrong).

I asked you about supernatural/paranormal claims, I'm baffled as to why you spoke about Astrophysics in your reply to me when I didn't ask you any questions on Astrophysics.

I’ll ask the question in a clearer way, how would we KNOW (between A)Joseph Smiths claims to  have  seen an angel and B) Mohammeds claims to have seen an angel )which is true and which is untrue? Remember both these claims are mutually irreconcilable. Only one can be true but  both can be untrue and we have no corroborative testimonies of these two individuals seeing  angels apart from the two  individuals making the claim. Furthermore even in Islamic sources it is not claimed that any of Mo's buddies saw a palpable version of the Arch Angel Gabriel speaking to Mohammed.

SO given the similarity of Joseph's claims and Mohammed  and the fact that no humans apart from the ones making the claim witnessed it why is the huge difference in how convinced you are that these claims are true?

Also let's for a moment assume that both mohammed and Joseph were being sincere and actually thought they met and spoke to angels. Considering now how we in the 21st century we have developed  and understanding and diagnoses of mental illnesses such as schizophrenia and know that people have disorders(of no fault of their own) where they believe they are hearing and seeing hallucinations and delusions would this not be a naturalistic explanation of what mohammed and Joseph Smith believed they were experiencing/witnessing ? On top of that once people(in recent times) have been given the appropriate medication they have stopped the hallucinations/delusions of interacting with gods/spirits/angels etc.

I’d be the first to accept paranormalism/supernaturalism if objective evidence was provided of such a mechanism having a role in reality. If one religions supernatural claims was objectively proven to be true I would see it as a very good thing as it would provide the answers to many questions that we don’t know the answers of. Now that you know I'd be willing to change my position, I'm wondering is there anything that would make you revise your belief that islam is true ?
     Reply #52 - October 09, 2014, 11:38 PM

I just hope to just get a brief overview of your views on how literally you take the Quran.

So you believe in the truth of the stories about Jesus doing miraculous things like breathing life into clay birds and the flood during Noah's time and whatnot? And whoa there. Slow your horses, that would not be my objection at all. No need to argue with me before I present any objection.

btw I am impressed by your civility and politeness. It probably is intimidating to be in a forum with so many opposing viewpoints. All respect to you man

not really I'm not intimidated it's not like you guys gonna eat me the fact that i'm the only active Muslim in the jinn and tonic show and the only one showed up (well actually there were Muslims who showed up before me) but my point is that lately i'm the only one showing up this means i don't find being surrounded by opposing guys with opposing view intimidating infact quite the opposite i find that if you have someone who has opposing views to you in a conversation makes the conversation much more exciting and productive

to me in a discussion it's not about who win and who lose it's about gaining info and get to know your opposing side argument so in the future you can be better in presenting your argument

(I just hope to just get a brief overview of your views on how literally you take the Quran. )

my apology i thought you were trying to make a discussion here
     Reply #53 - October 09, 2014, 11:40 PM

Nope.

Also being atheist does definitely not automatically make one rational Tongue

Of course you will find plenty of people who will argue otherwise just with the sole knowledge that you are Muslim. However those people tend to be dicks.

Good luck with your studies Smiley

yes that is why i asked that because i found many people that i asked them this "so just because I'm a Muslim you think i'm dumb?" the other guys said "yes" so that is why i asked because i saw many people do that
     Reply #54 - October 09, 2014, 11:40 PM

There's plenty of dumb irreligious athiests out there, the type that don't contemplate anything whatsoever, especially in the UK lol

hmm like pat condell?
     Reply #55 - October 09, 2014, 11:42 PM

Hello Ahmed, I introduce myself as a Muslim. Background of my life, is from a family that did not care whether I and other siblings. What I mean is, in addition to the six pillars of faith that matter, every Muslim in his life should carry on or do 5 things called pillars of Islam.

But since childhood I rarely do Solat, Ramadan, and others also, until now been the same. When I was a teenager at the time, I was a womanizer, drinking alcohol, gambling, stealing, fighting, and many others, until I got married I quit all my bad habits. And now my wife and children I had never forced them as Muslims in their lives should carry out or do 5 things called pillars of Islam ...

thnkyu

Quite intresting life i share mostly the same things you do i never force anyone into Islam or force marriage in them
     Reply #56 - October 09, 2014, 11:47 PM

Yes although it does include quantum theories.

you see QM doesn't have much to do with the era pre to the Bigbang it's basically about how atoms are moving in waves

Actually it does. Reread what you posted. Also read. http://www.hawking.org.uk/the-beginning-of-time.html Also I advise you to avoid Wiki's for your lesson in science.

Consider the above replies and your misunderstanding I need a source for your quote. I have the feeling you never read the book and you are just quote mining.

Read chapter 6 and chapter 8

my Apology for that first let me tell you astronomy is not my profession so yah i'm planning to read many books before the books about astronomy however i never said QM has NOTHING to do with bigbang i said it has little to do with it however you got the point here

and the quote i gave you have been taken straight from an atheist website so i assume they will not "misunderstand" his quote as you assumed i did
     Reply #57 - October 09, 2014, 11:59 PM

Nope. As humans we are incapable of being 100% logical at all times, if we were we would be robots. Emotion overrides logic all the time. We all have emotions regardless of faith. So we can all be irrational. For example I am a fan of the local NHL team yet logically they have little to no chance of winning the Cup this year. Logic dictates I should support a team which will win or has a higher chance of winning the Cup. Yet I support the local team against all logic. It does not mean I am dumb but just not logical. However I do think many confuse logic with their own appeals to emotion but this is not a case of intelligence but of education.  
     Reply #58 - October 10, 2014, 12:02 AM

my Apology for that first let me tell you astronomy is not my profession so yah i'm planning to read many books before the books about astronomy however i never said QM has NOTHING to do with bigbang i said it has little to do with it however you got the point here

and the quote i gave you have been taken straight from an atheist website so i assume they will not "misunderstand" his quote as you assumed i did

Read the book. You are attempting to draw a conclusion from a quote from a book on a website. Regardless of who quoted it this always leads to issues.
     Reply #59 - October 10, 2014, 12:15 AM

You seem like you have your hands full answering all these questions from others but the reason I asked if you take the stories literally is that in my Christian background most Christians seem to think most stories in the Bible are allegorical such as Adam and Eve, Noah, and Jonah.

Where do you stand on such stories? I know they are found in the Quran to some extent, but are they taken literally? I just want a Muslim perspective rather than the Christian ones I am accustomed to.

-Thomas Paine
  • Previous page 1 23 4 Next page « Previous thread | Next thread »