Skip navigation
Sidebar -

Advanced search options →

Welcome

Welcome to CEMB forum.
Please login or register. Did you miss your activation email?

Donations

Help keep the Forum going!
Click on Kitty to donate:

Kitty is lost

Recent Posts

Qur'anic studies today
by zeca
Today at 02:45 PM

اضواء على الطريق ....... ...
by akay
Today at 12:50 PM

Do humans have needed kno...
Today at 04:17 AM

What's happened to the fo...
by zeca
Yesterday at 06:39 PM

New Britain
Yesterday at 05:41 PM

Do humans have needed kno...
Yesterday at 05:47 AM

Iran launches drones
April 13, 2024, 09:56 PM

عيد مبارك للجميع! ^_^
by akay
April 12, 2024, 04:01 PM

Eid-Al-Fitr
by akay
April 12, 2024, 12:06 PM

Lights on the way
by akay
February 01, 2024, 12:10 PM

Mock Them and Move on., ...
January 30, 2024, 10:44 AM

Pro Israel or Pro Palesti...
January 29, 2024, 01:53 PM

Theme Changer

Topic: Have you been physically hurt because of Islam (or other religions)?

(Read 2050 times)
  • 1« Previous thread | Next thread »
  • Have you been physically hurt because of Islam (or other religions)?
     OP - September 30, 2014, 12:50 PM

I have!
    Last January.
    I refused to be a full time hijabi when leaving homes. My dad wanted me to wear hijab when leaving home. At that time I was still a Quranist and if you have studied Quranism or you used to be a Quranist before leaving Islam, you'd know that most Quranists do not believe that verse 24:31 and 33:59 oblige women to wrap their heads and necks with fabrics. So I tried to tell my dad what I understood about the 2 verses. We got into argument about hijab thingy and my dad beat the hell outta me. He beat me repeatedly in the head.
    I still could not forget the incidence.
    He forced me to wear hijab because many of Sunni Muslims have been told that a man whose wife and daughters do not cover their ´awrat will go to hell too.

I would like to hear your stories Smiley

Religions + Politics = Problem
     Reply #1 - September 30, 2014, 12:58 PM

Sorry to hear that..  do you still speak to him ?  i guess it must be difficult now..  far away hug

My only physical experience was with my ex, other than the usual random attacks for nothing ? i tended to get kicked out of the bed regularly if i refused him :/ as according to islam a woman can't say no can she..   Another time a white western man walked past me and decided to punch my little daughter on the street as she had hijab on.. Some weird people out there, tried to catch him but i had kids with me but if i had caught him i would have punched the lights out of him !!

x
     Reply #2 - September 30, 2014, 01:50 PM

I'm sorry to hear that, Honeybunch. Living with a violent father is very tough. Until you can move out of there and be independent, you will have to lay low and do as he says, though :(

My father has beat me up countless times throughout my life, but somehow never about religion.

He's no friend to the friendless
    And he's the mother of grief
    There's only sorrow for tomorrow
    Surely life is too brief
     Reply #3 - September 30, 2014, 02:21 PM

Hi suki I am sorry to hear about that. Your story really makes me feel really Cry
    But glad to hear that he is your ex, not your husband anymore.
    Regarding the white man you talked about, well he is/was indeed a bigot. Being a critic of Islam doesn't mean to hate all Muslims.

Naerys, yeah the "Day of Doom" is still playing in my mind. My dad is actually a gentle person but Islam destroys his real personality.

My dad doesn't often hurt me but he has beaten me a few times.
    I still remember my dad once said "Iran is good because women who do not wear hijab are lashed".

Religions + Politics = Problem
     Reply #4 - September 30, 2014, 02:45 PM

I'm sorry to hear that, Honeybunch. Living with a violent father is very tough. Until you can move out of there and be independent, you will have to lay low and do as he says, though :(

My father has beat me up countless times throughout my life, but somehow never about religion.

Chicken and egg?  Would he have been like that in any case?

And as a general point, we are discussing criminal actions here?

When you are a Bear of Very Little Brain, and you Think of Things, you find sometimes that a Thing which seemed very Thingish inside you is quite different when it gets out into the open and has other people looking at it.

A.A. Milne,

"We cannot slaughter each other out of the human impasse"
     Reply #5 - September 30, 2014, 03:09 PM

...............a white western man walked past me and decided to punch my little daughter on the street as she had hijab on................................
    x

No...No,, that is a not a right word....   Baboon ., A baboon on a street in a western country..............

Do not let silence become your legacy.. Question everything   
    I renounced my faith to become a kafir, 
    the beloved betrayed me and turned in to  a Muslim

Reply #6 - September 30, 2014, 03:21 PM

True, didnt realise i said that , thnx   xoo
     Reply #7 - September 30, 2014, 03:26 PM

True, .............

Yap this is true., This picture is beautiful....

you see guys., in anger people do lots of stupid things., but what is important is some how make them realize what they did and doing is wrong... And let them know such things should not repeat...

and there are many ways to do that..

with best wishes
    yeezevee

Do not let silence become your legacy.. Question everything   
    I renounced my faith to become a kafir, 
    the beloved betrayed me and turned in to  a Muslim

Reply #8 - September 30, 2014, 10:16 PM

Sorry to hear that..  do you still speak to him ?  i guess it must be difficult now..  far away hug

My only physical experience was with my ex, other than the usual random attacks for nothing ? i tended to get kicked out of the bed regularly if i refused him :/ as according to islam a woman can't say no can she..   Another time a white western man walked past me and decided to punch my little daughter on the street as she had hijab on.. Some weird people out there, tried to catch him but i had kids with me but if i had caught him i would have punched the lights out of him !!

x

Jesus Christ! If I saw a grown man punch a child on the street I would beat the shit out of him. Did anybody stop to help?

`But I don't want to go among mad people,' Alice remarked.
     `Oh, you can't help that,' said the Cat: `we're all mad here. I'm mad.  You're mad.'
     `How do you know I'm mad?' said Alice.
     `You must be,' said the Cat, `or you wouldn't have come here.'
     Reply #9 - October 01, 2014, 01:51 AM

I'm so sorry to hear Honeybunch! far away hug
    Sadly many females are forced to wear a hijab. I had to wear one by 6 and dress conservatively for years. I wouldn't dare argue with my father. As terrible as it sounds, it's best to listen to your father to avoid conflict. When you're financially and/or emotionally ready to live on your own, you will have complete control over your body and your life. For now, it's best to be patient.

Another time a white western man walked past me and decided to punch my little daughter on the street as she had hijab on.. Some weird people out there, tried to catch him but i had kids with me but if i had caught him i would have punched the lights out of him !!

WHAT. THE. FUCK! That's absolutely terrible! I feel sorry for your daughter Cry Depending on where you live, sometimes it can be dangerous to be out with a hijab. Girls in my community were told not to go out alone but when we do, it's best to wear a hoodie to cover our hijab. I've only had things thrown at me and even been 'bumped' by a car. No serious injuries, other than my broken heart Tongue

turnipovich
     Reply #10 - October 01, 2014, 01:58 AM

Fuckin A, some people are real cunts. Sorry you had to go through all that suki, Mia. Same for whoever is being forced to wear hijab in the first place.  far away hug

how fuck works without shit??

Let's Play Chess!

harakaat, friend, RIP
     Reply #11 - October 01, 2014, 01:59 AM

I'm sorry, Suki, Mia. That must have been terrible.
     Reply #12 - October 01, 2014, 02:15 AM

If I had a spam text about iPad sales, and there was a male salesman's name given, I got a little beating over the mahram/non-mahram thing. But I think that had more to do with the instability of my ex and his extreme honor issues than with Islam. I think he used Islam as an excuse for a lot of things that he did not actually believe, because it furthered his own interests to do so.

Don't let Hitler have the street.
     Reply #13 - October 01, 2014, 05:42 AM

Jesus Christ! If I saw a grown man punch a child on the street I would beat the shit out of him. Did anybody stop to help?

No, nobody noticed, he did it discreetly, they noticed afterwards as they saw my daughter was hurt, i wanted to catch up with him but i couldnt leave my kids, he got lost in the crowd.  I've seen a few muslim women randomly hit on the street.  You get used to the abuse as a hijabi, perhaps converts get it worse i dunno.  Even after we left islam and moved to an english town, my girls used to get lots of racist name calling off usually middle aged men, it was very upsetting because we thought we had left all that behind, one of my daughters is darker than the rest and has black hair, she got it the worst, it upset her so much that she resorted to lightening her hair and plucking off her eybrows to fit in, but this town has changed now and lots of mixed races are here so shes gone back to her black hair again lol  theres lots of haters out there, its crazy.  I could write a whole book about the daily abuses of a hijabi, its endless, little things such as bus drivers not bothering to stop for you lol, car drivers intent on running you over, being told to get off the pavement coz they want to walk by (ive had that one thrown at me wacko , folks telling you daily to f** off back to your country lol, its a struggle for many women to wear hijab, the muslim guys don't tend to care what we go through.
     Reply #14 - October 01, 2014, 08:39 AM

Chicken and egg?  Would he have been like that in any case?

Yes I believe he would have been, because both his parents were abusive psychos and he has a very bad temper.

He's no friend to the friendless
    And he's the mother of grief
    There's only sorrow for tomorrow
    Surely life is too brief
  • 1« Previous thread | Next thread »