Skip navigation
Sidebar -

Advanced search options →

Welcome

Welcome to CEMB forum.
Please login or register. Did you miss your activation email?

Donations

Help keep the Forum going!
Click on Kitty to donate:

Kitty is lost

Recent Posts

Qur'anic studies today
by zeca
Today at 07:11 PM

What's happened to the fo...
by zeca
Today at 06:39 PM

New Britain
Today at 05:41 PM

Do humans have needed kno...
Today at 05:47 AM

Iran launches drones
April 13, 2024, 09:56 PM

عيد مبارك للجميع! ^_^
by akay
April 12, 2024, 04:01 PM

Eid-Al-Fitr
by akay
April 12, 2024, 12:06 PM

Lights on the way
by akay
February 01, 2024, 12:10 PM

Mock Them and Move on., ...
January 30, 2024, 10:44 AM

Pro Israel or Pro Palesti...
January 29, 2024, 01:53 PM

Pakistan: The Nation.....
January 28, 2024, 02:12 PM

Gaza assault
January 27, 2024, 01:08 PM

Theme Changer

Topic: Denmark: Christians from Middle East countries threatened

(Read 6695 times)
  • 1« Previous thread | Next thread »
  • Denmark: Christians from Middle East countries threatened
     OP - September 30, 2014, 04:47 AM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=16rT66zg9ck

That young woman "Jojo Joy" has published a range of hate messages and testimonies by people on her Facebook page (in Danish).

She has also started the group Stop Forfølgelse af Kristne ("Stop persecution of Christians").

That area of Nørrebro in Copenhagen is known for those thugs occasionally doing things like that. A Muslim friend of mine got spit at there because she doesn't wear hijab.

Of course right-wing anti-Muslim bigots love her now (and she seems to be pretty happy about the attention from the most bigoted news outlets).

However the testimonies she has posted really shows there is a problem with lack of tolerance from some young Muslims in our country.

There are also tales of non-Muslim asylum seekers housed in asylum centers being harassed and even attacked with intent to kill by extremist Muslims there.

Danish Never-Moose adopted by the kind people on the CEMB-forum
    Ex-Muslim chat (Unaffliated with CEMB). Safari users: Use "#ex-muslims" as the channel name. CEMB chat thread.
     Reply #1 - September 30, 2014, 07:09 AM

So if those idiots are still in an asylum centre, just deny them asylum. Easy. Afro

Devious, treacherous, murderous, neanderthal, sub-human of the West. bunny
     Reply #2 - September 30, 2014, 10:00 PM

+1

`But I don't want to go among mad people,' Alice remarked.
     `Oh, you can't help that,' said the Cat: `we're all mad here. I'm mad.  You're mad.'
     `How do you know I'm mad?' said Alice.
     `You must be,' said the Cat, `or you wouldn't have come here.'
     Reply #3 - September 30, 2014, 10:06 PM

Of course right-wing anti-Muslim bigots love her now (and she seems to be pretty happy about the attention from the most bigoted news outlets).

the Left needs to stand up and speak out against Islamic fundamentalism and bigotry. Because it leads to hate, violence and is fascist in its own right. Staying silent will simply enable the far-right to exploit the issue. The Left then becomes culpable by omission.

"we can smell traitors and country haters"

God is Love.
    Love is Blind. Stevie Wonder is blind. Therefore, Stevie Wonder is God.

Reply #4 - October 01, 2014, 12:00 AM

Agreed. Immigration is a privilege, not a right. If Muslim immigrants harass others, then that should cause them to be sent back.
     Reply #5 - October 02, 2014, 11:05 AM

the Left needs to stand up and speak out against Islamic fundamentalism and bigotry. Because it leads to hate, violence and is fascist in its own right. Staying silent will simply enable the far-right to exploit the issue. The Left then becomes culpable by omission.

Well Muslims here feel bashed by all parties. We are an equal opportunity hater society Tongue

The "far-left" Unity List has been vocal against Islamism all the time. A few Muslims have been thrown out because of their views on hand-shaking with the opposite gender, missing condemnation of stoning and of homophobia.

Another leftish party has also condemned Islamists directly in our parliament telling them to sod off to more accommodating societies like Saudi Arabia.

It is not like in Britain.

However haters gonna hate. Seeing comments about they should all be gunned down and "the solution will come soon!!! The Danes have had enough! *nudge* *nudge*" are common on social media and the authorities only seem to crack down on them if it is certain celebrities - often darlings of the right or government ministers - that are targeted with the threats - or if the threats are coming from someone with a "Muslim" name.

Ex-Muslim chat (Unaffliated with CEMB). Safari users: Use "#ex-muslims" as the channel name. CEMB chat thread.
     Reply #6 - October 02, 2014, 11:09 AM

Sounds awesome. Roll Eyes

Reply #7 - October 02, 2014, 01:47 PM

As more than a decade has gone since Danish politics took a turn , where is Denmark on success/failure on issues like unemployment,radicalization and bigotry compared to other countries in the EU when it comes to immigrant population? As the girl in the video is a christian from the middle east, should she expect collateral damage of targeting muslims? Many of the anti muslim right wingers in Europe, are usually also against all ethnic groups from middle east, even if they are not muslim.
     Reply #8 - October 02, 2014, 02:06 PM

As more than a decade has gone since Danish politics took a turn , where is Denmark on success/failure on issues like unemployment,radicalization and bigotry compared to other countries in the EU when it comes to immigrant population?

Better than most countries I guess. There are issues but we try to handle them. Also more and more people of immigrant backgrounds slip into the media and in everyday lives and are very "Danish" to talk to and interact with, hijab or no hijab.

As the girl in the video is a christian from the middle east, should she expect collateral damage of targeting muslims? Many of the anti muslim right wingers in Europe, are usually also against all ethnic groups from middle east, even if they are not muslim.

Yes she risks being attacked both from idiot ethnic racist Danes and extremist Muslims.

Also other converted (to Christianity - usually the church called "Church of Love") and atheist ex-Muslims have been harassed and threatened by extremists but you have to dig to find those stories. It happens but not that often.

Violence is uncommon. Harsh words by stupid fuckwits less uncommon but definitely not the norm.

It is good she is bringing this into the limelight and I have seen several of my "Muslim" friends on Facebook referencing her and condemning persecution of people for their personal beliefs.

Reply #9 - October 02, 2014, 02:07 PM

. It happens but not that often.

because they stay quiet about it, so they don't get abuse

God is Love.

Reply #10 - October 02, 2014, 02:10 PM

Oh by the way I have several times in online debates seen people with "ethnic Danish" names make all kinds of assumptions about Danes with "Muslim" names. It always cracks me up when the Dane with the "Muslim" name tells "I'm not Muslim" (usually that means they are atheist). Platysma from this site (whom I know IRL) has told a similar story from her work where some health professional was going on about "you Muslims". He was dumbfounded when she said "I'm not Muslim" Tongue

Reply #11 - October 02, 2014, 02:19 PM

Better than most countries I guess. There are issues but we try to handle them. Also more and more people of immigrant backgrounds slip into the media and in everyday lives and are very "Danish" to talk to and interact with, hijab or no hijab.

It would be interesting if their was a comparison by country.You mentioned that Denmark tops jihadi per capita league....thought it would be the Uk or some of the ''softies''.

I haven't yet watched the video, so I don't know whether she's asssyrian,syrian or a convert from Islam.But I know that the anti immigrant party supporters view middle easter christians like assyrians in a very negative view, which is what I meant.
     Reply #12 - October 02, 2014, 02:20 PM

She is a Danish Lebanese Christian Arab. And you are correct.

Reply #13 - October 15, 2014, 10:23 AM

Christian Arabs Are Being Persecuted in Denmark

By Naser Khader

There is the perception that harassment and persecution of Christians is something that only takes place in the Middle East, but unfortunately it also occurs in Denmark. The Christians who are harassed and attacked are usually Arab Christians who have arrived in Denmark as refugees, along with their Muslim countrymen, from countries such as Lebanon, Syria, Iraq and Egypt in hope of starting a new life. The general public may not hear about these incidents because they have not been widely reported and are concentrated in areas, such as the Nørrebro district of Copenhagen, that have a large Arab and Muslim population.

Recently I was contacted by a venue that hosts lectures and talks. I was asked if I could invite Arab Christians to speak about the experience of practicing their Christian faith and identity in an Arab country and in Denmark. The woman I asked hesitated for a long time before agreeing because she feared retaliation. She was born in Denmark to Lebanese parents and for most of her life she has been threatened and harassed because she is a Christian. Although she wished to remain anonymous, she has allowed me to publish an edited version of her talk:

“I grew up in Gellerupparken in an environment dominated by Muslims –out of all the residents in the area, approximately 99% were Muslims. What I remember from my childhood is being denigrated because I was Christian. At the age of just seven or eight years old, I was called ‘infidel’ by other children my age. They made fun of me, and I was often asked in a demeaning way if I believed Santa existed, if my parents drank, if my father was circumcised, or if I ate pork. One day, I remember how a group of children knocked over my brother and started kicking and hitting him, because he wore a cross around his neck. Even though I was younger, I tried to help and my mother shouted from the fifth floor that they needed to stop immediately, but none of the children’s parents did anything.”

“Unfortunately it is not only as a child I’ve experienced harassment due to my faith. Only a month ago I was sitting in my car in front of Den Røde Plads at Nørrebrogade in Copenhagen. It was hot, and like a lot of Danish girls, I wore shorts and a t-shirt. All of a sudden seven men came by and commented on how I was dressed.”

“When they spotted my cross, I was called a Christian whore. They said other demeaning things to me and finished with these words: ’Do you know what we will do with Christians like you? You get stoned to death!’ I know three other girls, who have been threatened in a similar way, and it is my impression that incidents like these happen much more often than a lot of Danes realize.”

As if the incident described above isn’t bad enough, this same woman has had bottles thrown at her car while driving through her own neighborhood.

Another woman, who also has chosen to remain anonymous for the safety of herself and her family, tells a similar story. She came to Denmark as an Arab Christian from Iran when she was 13. Today she is over 30 and has a son. Both she and her son have been called names such as ‘dirty Christian’ and ‘infidel.’ In addition to this harassment her son also was attacked by other children from the neighborhood. She filed a complaint and the young people responsible were called in for a talk at the local law enforcement office. Shortly after this meeting took place she heard someone knocking on her door and assumed that the children and young people who had harassed and attacked her son had come to apologize. However, when she opened the door, two full-grown men jumped in and started screaming at her, calling her a ‘dirty Christian,’ ‘whore’ and ‘dirty infidel.’ One of the men pushed her up against the wall and hit her. The family is now trying to find a safer place to live.

Unfortunately the incidents described above are not isolated events, and I believe it is important to shine a spotlight on this growing problem. We in Denmark deplore the number of Arab Christians killed in the Middle East and the brutal attacks on this group by the terrorist organization Islamic State, but persecution of Arab Christians is also taking place within Denmark, a country where everyone, including Arab Christians, should be able to speak freely, without the threat or fear of violence.

Not a fan of neither Naser Khader nor the first young woman mentioned but they are the only ones who seem to bring this issue forward. Which of course immediately attracts every Muslim-basher across the Danish corner of teh Interwebs.

However I laud both's bravery as they receive some pretty nasty messages from "the faithful" - or rather gangstas with identity issues.

Reply #14 - October 15, 2014, 10:40 AM

the link to that article is not working

God is Love.

Reply #15 - October 15, 2014, 10:47 AM

Hmm, now I'm wondering if this goes on in Australia too.

Reply #16 - October 15, 2014, 10:58 AM

the link to that article is not working

Woopsie. Thanks. Fixed.

Hmm, now I'm wondering if this goes on in Australia too.

Check with areas where Muslims are the vast majority.

I have no idea how widespread the problem is. Gellerupparken has been known to be pretty hardcore. It is where Yahya Hassan comes from with all the Islamic hypocrisy with everyone pretending to be a "good Muslim". Youth crime is five times higher there compared to the rest of the Aarhus district. Everywhere else in Denmark - also in immigrant-heavy areas - youth crime has dropped like a rock the last 10 years. 50% down or so.

However authorities are on it, both the police, the school system, the social services and the housing associations.

Reply #17 - October 15, 2014, 11:00 AM

Christian Arabs Are Being Persecuted in Denmark

Not a fan of neither Naser Khader nor the first young woman mentioned but they are the only ones who seem to bring this issue forward. Which of course immediately attracts every Muslim-basher across the Danish corner of teh Interwebs.

However I laud both's bravery as they receive some pretty nasty messages from "the faithful" - or rather gangstas with identity issues.

it pisses me off that only right wing American think tanks publish stuff like this.

God is Love.

Reply #18 - October 15, 2014, 11:09 AM

Indeed. And in Danish only the absolutely most hateful right-wing online blogs.

That said I have seen some Danish Muslims condemning such behaviour publicly on social media. But they are the pluralistic secular kind who have been able to combine the best from their parents' culture and Danish culture (whatever that is).

Reply #19 - October 15, 2014, 11:14 AM

yeah but its the Lefties who should be raising these issues, but when it comes to 'minorities' within minorities they abandon them to the extremists, oppression and bigots. No matter what the subject - women's rights, forced marriage, honour crimes, FGM, apostasy, sectarianism, religious fundamentalism, the Left (with some recent exceptions for example FGM) sticks its head in the sand rather than take ownership of the issues and thus dealing with them on their own terms.

God is Love.

Reply #20 - October 15, 2014, 12:01 PM

This letter has been shared on the young woman's Facebook-profile. It is from a couple of teachers to the parents to the children of a school class.

It reads:

Dear parents to (name)

IMPORTANT!

Many of the children in the class will only play with Muslim children and say it is Haram to play with other. Some Arab kids will only play with each other and not Somalis. Even the smallest thing they can make Haram. That makes them play judges towards each other about what he/she does that is Haram.

The children say very harsh words such as: Fuck you, you whore, I hate you, I'll kill you, fuck you mother, fuck your father, calling Somalis for chocolate. To the teachers they say You are not Muslim so you don't rule over me. They are very rude towards each other og hits and kicks when they get angry instead of asking the teachers for help and talk about the problem.

I have said this to the children: The earth is round with many different countries and many different humans. Some eat pork because they have learnt that from their parents and others do not because they have learnt that from their parents. Some eat sheep's head, some doesn't eat meat. AND like that we are luckily different and the good thing is that there is room for everyone in Denmark. Because in Denmark you can decide for yourself what you want to eat or not eat. You decide if you want to believe in Allah, God, Buddha, if you want to be Catholic or if you won't believe in anything nor anyone !!!

We do EVERYTHING what we can so the children learn to have understanding for each other no matter whom you are or where you are from in the world.

I think it is important that the children have respect for the teachers, else we aren't able to educate them and they will learn nothing. Sentences like I don't want to do anything, you do not decide if I shall do mathematics or Danish. I don't care, you are not Muslim (ends here - incoherent /Nikolaj)

It is Haram to be taught by (name) or me even  (sic) if we are not Musilms?

We really like your kids and we want them the best Smiley

One last thing: Between 5 and 8 children arrives late ever day. That is NOT OK, it is a very bad signal to send to the children that it doesn't matter that much to be late. It is important that you help your kids to get good habits such as arriving in time, have pencil, eraser, pencil sharpener with them EVERY DAY. The school is your children's "work".

Signed: (name)

This is from the parent who shared the letter - I have skipped some of the irrelevant stuff in the translations:

Translation:
    Yes. I have gotten it from my son's teacher. He is still going to that school so I will prefer not to name it. It is by the way a excellent school which handles those big  challenges rather well, but it shows something about what values the children bring with them from their homes.

My experience is also that those who don't like what the letter documents (libtards? /Nikolaj) doubts the authenticity.

Translation:
    But it is my son's class so believe me, it is authentic.

Fyens Stifstidende (local newspaper for the Island of Funen, so the school is probably in Odense where the Vollsmose area has a lot of people with immigrant background) had the story but they dropped it when the school's management told that the teachers had acted without the knowledge of the management.
    [/qoute]

The son is 8 years old so it is probably 3rd grade.

Reply #21 - October 15, 2014, 12:17 PM

I don't normally like generalisations but UK's Muslims are mostly Asian (Pakistanis)and they are much better behaved and better educated than North Africans ie Moroccans and Algerians and the left UK t has had a long history of inclusiveness of the Asian community. Whereas the Muslims in European countries are mostly turks or Arabs especially north Africans.
     Reply #22 - October 15, 2014, 12:19 PM

And for some reason Moroccans and Algerians seem inclined to jihadi Islam.
     Reply #23 - October 15, 2014, 12:21 PM

I think it is connected to lack of education. They are mostly unskilled and often illiterate.
     Reply #24 - October 15, 2014, 12:33 PM

I don't normally like generalisations but UK's Muslims are mostly Asian (Pakistanis)and they are much better behaved and better educated than North Africans ie Moroccans and Algerians and the left UK t has had a long history of inclusiveness of the Asian community. Whereas the Muslims in European countries are mostly turks or Arabs especially north Africans.

most UK jihadis are of Pakistani origin I think. And (at least to my anecdotal sense) Arabs and Iranians in the UK are fairly well integrated and tolerant and liberal, relatively speaking.

Muslim community has two trends in the UK - majority of Muslims are balancing their lives well, large numbers are becoming secular and very progressive, and almost in reaction to that, many are becoming more insular, and at the extreme, quite fundamentalist. Some of it may be to do with 'alienation', but then again most people experience alienation (including Muslims) and don't resort to hatred as a result (not to mention how attacking other ethnic minorities) makes no sense.

I think Salafis are deliberately targeting Muslim communities in Europe to inject their very intolerant and hateful dogma, and they do this systematically. Its an ideological push.

God is Love.

Reply #25 - October 15, 2014, 08:49 PM

I don't normally like generalisations but UK's Muslims are mostly Asian (Pakistanis)and they are much better behaved and better educated than North Africans...

Yeah those Berbers are terrible, and Pakistan is such a model of sanity and tolerance. Wink

• 1« Previous thread | Next thread »