Skip navigation
Sidebar -

Advanced search options →

Welcome

Welcome to CEMB forum.
Please login or register. Did you miss your activation email?

Donations

Help keep the Forum going!
Click on Kitty to donate:

Kitty is lost

Recent Posts

Do humans have needed kno...
Today at 07:25 AM

New Britain
Today at 12:05 AM

Iran launches drones
April 13, 2024, 09:56 PM

عيد مبارك للجميع! ^_^
by akay
April 12, 2024, 04:01 PM

Eid-Al-Fitr
by akay
April 12, 2024, 12:06 PM

What's happened to the fo...
April 11, 2024, 01:00 AM

Lights on the way
by akay
February 01, 2024, 12:10 PM

Mock Them and Move on., ...
January 30, 2024, 10:44 AM

Pro Israel or Pro Palesti...
January 29, 2024, 01:53 PM

Pakistan: The Nation.....
January 28, 2024, 02:12 PM

Gaza assault
January 27, 2024, 01:08 PM

Nawal El Saadawi: Egypt's...
January 27, 2024, 12:24 PM

Theme Changer

Topic: Ex Quranist

(Read 16485 times)
  • Previous page 1 2« Previous thread | Next thread »
  • Ex Quranist
     Reply #30 - September 30, 2014, 02:36 AM

Hey I do remember you now! When you put up your avatar, I recognized it from YA. I want to echo everything the user Allat posted (reply #7). Your sentence about salat and aerobics made me laugh! That's a great description!
  • Ex Quranist
     Reply #31 - September 30, 2014, 10:33 AM

Extra info: I became a Quranist in late May 2013. Started doubting the Quran in December 2013.

I've said it before. Qur'anism is a stepping stone to apostasy, though most don't realise it at the time of course. But once you start hacking away at the dead wood it's hard to stop .
  • Ex Quranist
     Reply #32 - September 30, 2014, 12:21 PM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7jiaU0xbOKs

When you are a Bear of Very Little Brain, and you Think of Things, you find sometimes that a Thing which seemed very Thingish inside you is quite different when it gets out into the open and has other people looking at it.

A.A. Milne,

"We cannot slaughter each other out of the human impasse"
  • Ex Quranist
     Reply #33 - September 30, 2014, 02:08 PM

Hi Tonyt and all thanks for the replies  parrot

@FishHitsWall,

This is the pic that I have been using for my YA avatar since 2012 Smiley

@Abu Ali
    Yeah agree! When I just became a Quranist, I used to feel like I had found the true path and Traditional Muslims were just backward people. After becoming a Quranist, I gradually became to dare to scrutinize the Quran and this lead me to my apostasy.

@moi,
    Nice song Smiley Yeah we live in a small world after all. I like that song but never knew the title until you posted here. Thanks Smiley

Religions + Politics = Problem
  • Ex Quranist
     Reply #34 - September 30, 2014, 02:40 PM

I have a love hate relationship with it!  I was at Disney Paris with a then young niece who I vaguely remember wanting to spend a very long time there!

When you are a Bear of Very Little Brain, and you Think of Things, you find sometimes that a Thing which seemed very Thingish inside you is quite different when it gets out into the open and has other people looking at it.

A.A. Milne,

"We cannot slaughter each other out of the human impasse"
  • Ex Quranist
     Reply #35 - October 01, 2014, 02:30 PM

hello  parrot

another Msian. There are a quite few of us here already.
  • Ex Quranist
     Reply #36 - October 03, 2014, 11:10 AM

Welcome from a never-was Muslim, and thank you for the fascinating and honest autobiography.  Next time I'm confronted by Islamic certainty I'll think of your story  Smiley

parrot

"Professor Richard Dawkins was put there by god to test us.  Like fossils.  And facts."  Stewart Lee
  • Ex Quranist
     Reply #37 - October 03, 2014, 11:19 AM

I used to troll R&S and Ramadan (Gender studies too) back in the days, it was hilarious.
    The apologists in the Ramadan section have an acute case of hyperscepticism when it comes to arguments against Islam.

My mind runs, I can never catch it even if I get a head start.
  • Ex Quranist
     Reply #38 - October 03, 2014, 03:54 PM

Welcome
  • Ex Quranist
     Reply #39 - October 04, 2014, 07:48 PM

Welcome Honeybunch  Afro

i was a Quranist as well and i can relate all your stories, its similar with mine  Wink
    even so, i think i must admit that Quranist muslims are MUCH MORE BETTER than the sunni-shiite muslims, and between these two i think sunnism is the worst.

anyway, have a parrot  parrot (idk why, but traditionally we do this lol)
  • Ex Quranist
     Reply #40 - October 16, 2014, 04:57 PM

Hello Honeybunch
    Another Ex-Quranist here  dance. I used to read the free-minds forum regularly. I remember reading your posts about Agnostic theism and questioning Quranism. I was also going through the same phase at that time. Good to see you here .
  • Ex Quranist
     Reply #41 - May 21, 2015, 02:06 AM

You are wise beyond your years, that was a fascinating read. I loved your apology to Jews!

Good luck, not that you need it.  parrot
  • Ex Quranist
     Reply #42 - May 22, 2015, 05:10 PM

Edit Smiley
  • Ex Quranist
     Reply #43 - May 22, 2015, 05:17 PM

Whoops. Sorry, Hassan. I split that topic, it's over here now: http://www.councilofexmuslims.com/index.php?topic=28790.msg821492;topicseen#new

Zahirul, please keep your replies, should you have any, on the new thread and not on this one. Thank you.
  • Ex Quranist
     Reply #44 - May 22, 2015, 05:51 PM

Lua , i do not have any problem with your decision . BUT some one was looking for rashad khalifa type of quranist , thats why i used this thread . THANKS !
  • Ex Quranist
     Reply #45 - May 22, 2015, 05:57 PM

I see, thanks for explaining. I just don't think someone's personal introduction thread about leaving Islam is the place for you saying that the transgressors, like Satan, deserve Hell, and it's not fair to honeybunch to have her intro thread turned into a debate thread, so that's why I made that decision.

But I did move the discussion to a new thread, and you can talk about it all you want there. In fact, you already have a lot of replies, so check it out if you want: http://www.councilofexmuslims.com/index.php?topic=28790.msg821492;topicseen#new
  • Previous page 1 2« Previous thread | Next thread »