Skip navigation
Sidebar -

Advanced search options →

Welcome

Welcome to CEMB forum.
Please login or register. Did you miss your activation email?

Donations

Help keep the Forum going!
Click on Kitty to donate:

Kitty is lost

Recent Posts

Do humans have needed kno...
Today at 04:17 AM

Qur'anic studies today
by zeca
Yesterday at 07:11 PM

What's happened to the fo...
by zeca
Yesterday at 06:39 PM

New Britain
Yesterday at 05:41 PM

Do humans have needed kno...
Yesterday at 05:47 AM

Iran launches drones
April 13, 2024, 09:56 PM

عيد مبارك للجميع! ^_^
by akay
April 12, 2024, 04:01 PM

Eid-Al-Fitr
by akay
April 12, 2024, 12:06 PM

Lights on the way
by akay
February 01, 2024, 12:10 PM

Mock Them and Move on., ...
January 30, 2024, 10:44 AM

Pro Israel or Pro Palesti...
January 29, 2024, 01:53 PM

Pakistan: The Nation.....
January 28, 2024, 02:12 PM

Theme Changer

Topic: Saudi opens luxury rehab centre for Al-Qaeda militants

(Read 1844 times)
  • 1« Previous thread | Next thread »
  • Saudi opens luxury rehab centre for Al-Qaeda militants
     OP - September 19, 2014, 03:21 PM

Saudi opens luxury rehab centre for Al-Qaeda militants  says news

Saudi Arabia is hoping to wean jailed Al-Qaeda militants off religious extremism with counselling, spa treatments and plenty of exercise at a luxury rehabilitation centre in Riyadh. In between sessions with counsellors and talks on religion, prisoners will be able to relax in the centre's facilities which include an Olympic-size indoor swimming pool, a sauna, a gym and a television hall.

The new complex is the work of the Prince Mohammed bin Nayef Centre for Counselling and Care, a body set up seven years ago to rehabilitate extremists jailed during a Saudi crackdown on the local branch of Al-Qaeda.

"Just under 3,000 (Islamist prisoners) will have to go through one of these centres before they can be released," interior ministry spokesman General Mansur al-Turki told AFP during a tour of the new centre. Another centre has already opened in the western port city of Jeddah, and three more are planned for the north, east and south of the desert kingdom.

The new facility in Riyadh, however, is the first to offer inmates a taste of luxury as an incentive to moderate their beliefs. The centres bear the name of the current interior minister, who spearheaded the government's crackdown on Al-Qaeda following deadly attacks by the group between 2003 and 2006 in which more than 150 Saudis and foreigners were killed.

Al-Qaeda jihadists, many of them trained in Afghanistan, had targeted Saudi Arabia for allowing US troops to set up bases in the kingdom during the Gulf War and to stay on afterwards, until they eventually withdrew in 2003

well I say good for  them ., anyways this news link that is giving these stories is interesting  it says at http://www.yourmiddleeast.com/infopages/about-us_1
    We’re doing what BBC, CNN and the rest of the mainstream media can’t – disrupting the global newsflow with a unique digital media about the Middle East and North Africa ”I know that my colleagues here at Human Rights Watch, my colleagues who work in journalism, policy-makers, governments all now turn to Your Middle East.”
    Sarah Leah Whitson, Director Middle East & North Africa (MENA) at Human Rights Watch.

Your Middle East is a company, a grassroots movement and an agent for positive change in the MENA region.
    Through our media platform and events we connect people within and outside the region and put a spotlight on key issues shaping its future.

When you browse your daily newspaper or watch the evening news, most of what you are going to see from the Middle East has to do with violence and other forms of conflict. The region is portrayed as one with little diversity. Here at Your Middle East, we find that coverage very disturbing; it is incomplete, often biased, and lacks nuance.

Identifying problems within MENA societies where new solutions are possible, we bring together international and local actors to provide services ranging from recycling to education.  We are a private, for-profit company owned by its Swedish founders who have no direct or indirect affiliations or vested interests in the MENA region.

While we remain politically neutral, our value base is built on the UN Charter of Human Rights.

Our work is funded through a transparent network of crowd, corporate, governmental and non-governmental partnerships, donations and advertisement.  Your Middle East is a young, innovative company that challenges existing structures and looks for new paths with the aim to change MENA societies and the world for the better.

We’ve covered the Gaza war from the ground, visited Salafists in Cairo who invite Christian youth to their meetings, talked to Saffron retailers in Iran, met Tunisian resistance dancers, and interviewed an atheist in Saudi Arabia. In our first 24 months of operation we have published more than 20,000 articles. Today, most traditional news companies struggle with expensive organizations and red numbers. That’s not what we do. By engaging bloggers, activists, tweeters, and combining their stories with those of established journalists, academics, and experts, we offer a much more interesting soup than traditional media at a fraction of the cost.

Ironically, this is exactly why many of the more established publications now turn to us for stories they can’t find in the news wires or from their few correspondents. The Washington Post in the US, Austria’s Der Standard, France’s Courrier International and Sweden’s Dagens Nyheter – all leading publications in their respective country – have republished or rewritten our stories. Just to mention a few.

I hope ISIS heroes  don't see or read that

Do not let silence become your legacy.. Question everything   
    I renounced my faith to become a kafir, 
    the beloved betrayed me and turned in to  a Muslim

Reply #1 - September 19, 2014, 04:58 PM

“Let’s try to win over people who think we’ve lost our divine charter to rule because of our lavish opulence and decadence by showing them just how lavishly opulent and decadent we can be.” Makes sense.
     Reply #2 - September 19, 2014, 05:13 PM

In between sessions with counsellors and talks on religion, prisoners will be able to relax in the centre's facilities which include an Olympic-size indoor swimming pool, a sauna, a gym and a television hall.

Sounds like they want more people to join Al-Qaeda so they can reward them with this.
     Reply #3 - September 19, 2014, 05:24 PM

In between sessions with counsellors and talks on religion, prisoners will be able to relax in the centre's facilities which include an Olympic-size indoor swimming pool, a sauna, a gym and a television hall.

Sounds like they want more people to join Al-Qaeda so they can reward them with this.

well that is not enough ..  they also need mujra dance..  and belly dance... slave women and harem.....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kkPU1Vj3lKA

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pdUselGHwI4

Do not let silence become your legacy.. Question everything   
    I renounced my faith to become a kafir, 
    the beloved betrayed me and turned in to  a Muslim

Reply #4 - September 19, 2014, 05:31 PM

Always count on the Saudis and friends to come up with the next colossal failure of an idea.

"Blessed are they who can laugh at themselves, for they shall never cease to be amused."
     Reply #5 - September 19, 2014, 07:36 PM

“Let’s try to win over people who think we’ve lost our divine charter to rule because of our lavish opulence and decadence by showing them just how lavishly opulent and decadent we can be.” Makes sense.

My thoughts exactly. Plus the whole heaven and hell for all eternity thing.

`But I don't want to go among mad people,' Alice remarked.
     `Oh, you can't help that,' said the Cat: `we're all mad here. I'm mad.  You're mad.'
     `How do you know I'm mad?' said Alice.
     `You must be,' said the Cat, `or you wouldn't have come here.'
  • 1« Previous thread | Next thread »