Skip navigation
Sidebar -

Advanced search options →

Welcome

Welcome to CEMB forum.
Please login or register. Did you miss your activation email?

Donations

Help keep the Forum going!
Click on Kitty to donate:

Kitty is lost

Recent Posts

Qur'anic studies today
April 23, 2024, 06:50 AM

Do humans have needed kno...
April 20, 2024, 12:02 PM

Lights on the way
by akay
April 19, 2024, 04:40 PM

اضواء على الطريق ....... ...
by akay
April 19, 2024, 12:50 PM

Do humans have needed kno...
April 19, 2024, 04:17 AM

What's happened to the fo...
by zeca
April 18, 2024, 06:39 PM

New Britain
April 18, 2024, 05:41 PM

Iran launches drones
April 13, 2024, 09:56 PM

عيد مبارك للجميع! ^_^
by akay
April 12, 2024, 04:01 PM

Eid-Al-Fitr
by akay
April 12, 2024, 12:06 PM

Mock Them and Move on., ...
January 30, 2024, 10:44 AM

Pro Israel or Pro Palesti...
January 29, 2024, 01:53 PM

Theme Changer

Topic: Saudi Blogger Raif Badawi to be Lashed

(Read 2008 times)
  • 1« Previous thread | Next thread »
  • Saudi Blogger Raif Badawi to be Lashed
     OP - September 14, 2014, 07:34 PM

Saudi media Al-Hayat has announced that lashes for Saudi blogger Raif Badawi are scheduled to be administered within the next month. Raif, a liberal activist and founder of the Free Saudi Liberals website, has been sentenced to 10 years in prison, 1000 lashes and a fine of 1 million riyals for insulting Islam and religious authorities. Raif’s website, created in 2006, was a platform for discussions on liberal ideas and interpretations of Islam. The online forum has been offline since his arrest in 2012.

Amnesty International is one of many human rights organizations campaigning for Raif’s release. Philip Luther, Director of the Middle East and North Africa Programme at Amnesty International issued the following statement in May 2014:

“Raif Badawi is the latest victim to fall prey to the ruthless campaign to silence peaceful activists in Saudi Arabia. The authorities seem determined to crush all forms of dissent through every means at their disposal, including imposing harsh prison sentences and corporal punishment on activists.”

http://revolution-news.com/saudi-blogger-raif-badawi-to-be-lashed/
     Reply #1 - September 14, 2014, 07:36 PM

His 1000 lashes will be administered in batches every Friday after jum'a prayer.
     Reply #2 - September 14, 2014, 07:49 PM

Sick.

And yet, Saudi Arabia is apparently going to be helping the West fight Islamic State terrorists?

"Blessed are they who can laugh at themselves, for they shall never cease to be amused."
     Reply #3 - September 14, 2014, 08:10 PM

I heard lol... what a joke!
     Reply #4 - September 14, 2014, 08:59 PM

Policy really needs to get away from "the enemy of my enemy is my friend" Supporting the lesser "evil" is not a good choice, somethings its better to pick no one and just grab a lemonade.

I was hoping Isis and all these radical groups would causes a major shift in the general populations to promote reform but now every moderates are being stepped on.
     Reply #5 - September 15, 2014, 12:07 AM

His 1000 lashes will be administered in batches every Friday after jum'a prayer.

http://www.councilofexmuslims.com/index.php?topic=26362.msg775511#msg775511

Do not let silence become your legacy.. Question everything   
    I renounced my faith to become a kafir, 
    the beloved betrayed me and turned in to  a Muslim

Reply #6 - December 02, 2014, 01:28 PM

the judicial order against Raif Badawi

http://www.centerforinquiry.net/uploads/attachments/Badawi_Court_Order_Translation_Final.pdf

Highlights the comments posted on a forum he ran for which he is being punished. Do take a look.

"we can smell traitors and country haters"

God is Love.
    Love is Blind. Stevie Wonder is blind. Therefore, Stevie Wonder is God.

Reply #7 - December 02, 2014, 01:57 PM

Is that forum still up? Could somebody mirror it in any way? Does anybody else have access to the files for the website?
     Reply #8 - December 02, 2014, 02:18 PM

the judicial order against Raif Badawi

http://www.centerforinquiry.net/uploads/attachments/Badawi_Court_Order_Translation_Final.pdf

Highlights the comments posted on a forum he ran for which he is being punished. Do take a look.

Thanks for posting that. Some interesting comments on his website. Clearly many young Saudis are just dying to express what they really think - it's a wonder they don't go mad.

Oh and this:

"expropriation of his Dell laptop and damaging it and its content"

Yes smashing his computer should put an end to all this liberalism nonsense.

plus "Dell" is clearly a euphemism for "Devil" - wa'aoothobillah!!

Reply #9 - December 02, 2014, 02:20 PM

reading the comments from his forum that he was indicted for, is quite sad to be honest. It reads like the conscience of souls simply wanting to express themselves. It is basically a Saudi Inquisition court.

"we can smell traitors and country haters"

God is Love.
    Love is Blind. Stevie Wonder is blind. Therefore, Stevie Wonder is God.

Reply #10 - December 02, 2014, 02:35 PM

Thanks for posting that. Some interesting comments on his website. Clearly many young Saudis are just dying to express what they really think - it's a wonder they don't go mad.

Oh and this:

"expropriation of his Dell laptop and damaging it and its content"

Yes smashing his computer should put an end to all this liberalism. I bet "Dell" is a euphemism for "Devil" - wa'aoothobillah!!

Yes! The old adage of "they can control my body, they can control my actions, but they cannot control my mind". It is the stupid idea that ideas die by destroying physical artefacts and people's bodies. Buddhism hasn't gone away because the Afghani Buddha statutes have been destroyed for example!

Reply #11 - December 02, 2014, 02:38 PM

I have many people I know from Saudi. The minute they know I'm an ex-muslim, Their true thoughts start pouring, even if they were still muslims. It is stifling, not being able to discuss and debate such matters even for believers. Having to be wary of letting people know your real thoughts is very stressful.

I truly wish to see true freedom of expression there during my lifetime without it requiring much bloodshed.

"Ours is the age which is proud of machines that think and suspicious of men who try to."
    هذا من فضل جدي
  • 1« Previous thread | Next thread »