Skip navigation
Sidebar -

Advanced search options →

Welcome

Welcome to CEMB forum.
Please login or register. Did you miss your activation email?

Donations

Help keep the Forum going!
Click on Kitty to donate:

Kitty is lost

Recent Posts

Qur'anic studies today
Yesterday at 08:44 PM

Lights on the way
by akay
Yesterday at 04:40 PM

اضواء على الطريق ....... ...
by akay
Yesterday at 12:50 PM

Do humans have needed kno...
Yesterday at 04:17 AM

What's happened to the fo...
by zeca
April 18, 2024, 06:39 PM

New Britain
April 18, 2024, 05:41 PM

Do humans have needed kno...
April 18, 2024, 05:47 AM

Iran launches drones
April 13, 2024, 09:56 PM

عيد مبارك للجميع! ^_^
by akay
April 12, 2024, 04:01 PM

Eid-Al-Fitr
by akay
April 12, 2024, 12:06 PM

Mock Them and Move on., ...
January 30, 2024, 10:44 AM

Pro Israel or Pro Palesti...
January 29, 2024, 01:53 PM

Theme Changer

Topic: Yet another somali from Scandinavia

(Read 4662 times)
  • 1« Previous thread | Next thread »
  • Yet another somali from Scandinavia
     OP - September 12, 2014, 11:50 PM

Hello, wonderful Cemb forum.

Yet another enters the ranks of fully-fledged apostates  dance
    The trip here has not been easy by any means: the thoughts first began last ramadan (ramadanites you call it here, right?), and went on to torment me for several weeks and months (the first couple of weeks were by far some of the most difficult i've ever experienced in my life).
    I am no expert on Islam (hell, i've only skimmed the Quran - though it has been on my nightstand for the last couple of weeks: I've been meaning to read it), but seeing everyday-life in a predominantly muslim society, and attending Quranic school and weekly seminars for many years means that my choice isn't one that comes from total ignorance.

Even though i was never the most pracitioning - or believing muslim, the indoctrination got to me aswell: the amount of times i wept as a kid, because of the thought of eternal torture (which truly is the most hideous thing you could ever tell a child) is astonishing.

A funny story (it sure as hell wasn't funny in the moment, but i can laugh at it now):
    When my thoughts first arose, i had dreams of Baphomet (that's always how i envisioned Shaitan looking)
    It was the same frightening nightmare every night for a couple weeks; i was standing on the stairs of the 2nd story of 3 story building (my friends apartment), and Baphomet (who appears gigantic) suddenly appears above me, about 10 meters from where i'm standing, we look at each other and he spreads his wings, flies and then attacks me. That's when i would always wake up or the dream would change. I hate my subconsciousness, it always takes in so much shit  mysmilie_977

For now i'm just waiting till I can move away for Uni, but for the time being i'm stuck. Forced to lie as to who i am: a user on reddit once described it as the mushroom treatment: "Keep them in the dark, and feed them shit"  yes

Coming out will never be an option for me: I have no wish, to lose the few people who i love (even if they don't love me regardless of everything), and honestly, i don't have spine to accept the many bullshit character assinations that would be headede my way. No, i'm not too westernized, i don't hate myself or my ethnicity you fool, and my choice is built on reason not emotions and my thirst for doing haram things. Imbeciles.

What attracted me to this forum (i've been lurking for about a year or so), was especially your nuanced view on things. You don't seem like right-wing bigots who seem to think that every muslim is the incarnation of the "holy 19" - or whatever the baboon Anjem Choudary likes to call the 9/11 hijackers these days.

Thanks for having me  thnkyu
    Yours, sincerely Ibeen9

(I know my punctuation is bad. It always has been in every single language, i don't know why  Cheesy )
     Reply #1 - September 13, 2014, 12:11 AM

hey, welcome to the forum  Afro

"we can smell traitors and country haters"

God is Love.
    Love is Blind. Stevie Wonder is blind. Therefore, Stevie Wonder is God.

Reply #2 - September 13, 2014, 12:13 AM

Have a parrot and a dancing bunny welcoming you into ahl al riddah.  bunny parrot

"The healthiest people I know are those who are the first to label themselves fucked up." - three
     Reply #3 - September 13, 2014, 12:35 AM

Here is my contribution to your collection:  parrot parrot parrot

You certainly seem to know your own mind, and I applaud your logical approach to metaphysical matters.

Welcome to the blog.

Kind Regards,
    Stephen.
     Reply #4 - September 13, 2014, 12:53 AM

Reading your intro I was reminded about an old friend of mine who was raised to believe in catholicism. Catholic teachings of hell are similar to islamic teachings. When my friend was 16, he was so fucked up over the idea of hell, so scared of going there that he had to be put on medication just to cope. I genuinely consider these teachings to be child abuse. If you haven't already read it I recommend having at look at Debunking Jahannam: Why Islamic Hell Is Not Real

`But I don't want to go among mad people,' Alice remarked.
     `Oh, you can't help that,' said the Cat: `we're all mad here. I'm mad.  You're mad.'
     `How do you know I'm mad?' said Alice.
     `You must be,' said the Cat, `or you wouldn't have come here.'
     Reply #5 - September 13, 2014, 01:32 AM

Yooo, fellow somalian apostate. Welcome to the forum  parrot hopefully you will keep visiting and enjoying it here Smiley I read your introduction and it is similar to my experiences regarding the doubts and fears, aswell as the quran skimming part. :p I  myself am not fully there yet regarding leaving islam on rational and intellectual reasons. It is still a work in progress.

Yeah it is sad isn't it, the generalised view and biases they have to tell about ex muslims. Just a week ago, when a islamic lecture was taking place at my local mosque, the speaker i was hearing made a point that years ago it was unheard of that a somali woman would choose not to wear the hijab.
     Reply #6 - September 13, 2014, 03:17 AM

parrot

Welcome!

Don't let Hitler have the street.
     Reply #7 - September 13, 2014, 07:29 AM

Welcome to the forum IBeen9, have a rabbit!  bunny

how fuck works without shit??

Let's Play Chess!

harakaat, friend, RIP
     Reply #8 - September 13, 2014, 10:26 AM

Welcome! parrot

Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. - Terry Pratchett
     Reply #9 - September 13, 2014, 10:52 AM

welcome to the forum parrot
  • 1« Previous thread | Next thread »