Skip navigation
Sidebar -

Advanced search options →

Welcome

Welcome to CEMB forum.
Please login or register. Did you miss your activation email?

Donations

Help keep the Forum going!
Click on Kitty to donate:

Kitty is lost

Recent Posts

Qur'anic studies today
April 23, 2024, 06:50 AM

Do humans have needed kno...
April 20, 2024, 12:02 PM

Lights on the way
by akay
April 19, 2024, 04:40 PM

اضواء على الطريق ....... ...
by akay
April 19, 2024, 12:50 PM

Do humans have needed kno...
April 19, 2024, 04:17 AM

What's happened to the fo...
by zeca
April 18, 2024, 06:39 PM

New Britain
April 18, 2024, 05:41 PM

Iran launches drones
April 13, 2024, 09:56 PM

عيد مبارك للجميع! ^_^
by akay
April 12, 2024, 04:01 PM

Eid-Al-Fitr
by akay
April 12, 2024, 12:06 PM

Mock Them and Move on., ...
January 30, 2024, 10:44 AM

Pro Israel or Pro Palesti...
January 29, 2024, 01:53 PM

Theme Changer

Topic: You Won't Forget, Will You?

(Read 2089 times)
  • 1« Previous thread | Next thread »
  • You Won't Forget, Will You?
     OP - September 11, 2014, 09:05 PM

A Government Inspector of Mental Institutions was conducting an inspection of a large mental hospital, and was watching patients working around the grounds.

He walked around the back of a wall, and discovered the most beautiful garden.  The Inspector then noticed a middle-aged inmate tending to the flowers, and as he drew closer, he engaged the inmate in conversation.

"Do you look after this garden by yourself?" enquired the Inspector.  "Oh yes Sir", came the reply.  "Well" said the Inspector "It's a credit to you."

The inmate informed the Inspector that he had tended that garden for over twenty years, growing fresh vegetables for the hospital kitchen, and providing cut flowers for all the wards and offices.

"And what would you do if I could get you released from here?" asked the Inspector.  "Why Sir, I would tend my own garden, and help my elderly neighbours to make their gardens beautiful."

The Inspector told the green fingered inmate that he would make out his release papers as soon as he got to his office the next morning.  The two men shook hands, and the Inspector turned to walk away.

When he had taken half a dozen steps, BANG, he was hit on the back of the head by a brick.  He felt the blood oozing out of his head, and turned to see where the brick had come from.  "You won't forget now, will you Sir?." said the cackling inmate.

Stephen.
     Reply #1 - September 11, 2014, 09:10 PM

Cheesy

`But I don't want to go among mad people,' Alice remarked.
     `Oh, you can't help that,' said the Cat: `we're all mad here. I'm mad.  You're mad.'
     `How do you know I'm mad?' said Alice.
     `You must be,' said the Cat, `or you wouldn't have come here.'
     Reply #2 - September 11, 2014, 09:10 PM

The moral of this story is... never make assumptions about a person's character? Huh?
    Still it is funny.
    Did you write this? Because it is really good.

Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. - Terry Pratchett
     Reply #3 - September 11, 2014, 09:38 PM

I can't claim to be the originator, but I first heard it about forty or fifty years ago.

Don't worry, I have plenty more like that.

Kind Regards,
    Stephen.
     Reply #4 - September 16, 2014, 10:01 PM

Though I am currently restricted, the restriction appears not to have affected this one thread.

I emailed the moderators on Sunday evening regarding my ban, and am still awaiting their response.

I would like to thank all the people who have sent messages of support, and assure you that I appreciate the sentiments expressed.

thnkyu

It is highly unlikely that the moderators will change their decision, so it only remains for me to wish you all well.

Kind Regards,
    Stephen.
     Reply #5 - September 16, 2014, 10:58 PM

I wonder why you're restricted. Going to snoop on your posts to find out. I love mysteries. I particularly love how I can never quite solve any  yes

Anyways, take care and best wishes. Judging entirely on this thread, you seem a nice guy.

Hi
     Reply #6 - September 16, 2014, 11:21 PM

Musivore,

I could very easily answer your question, but it may make the situation worse.

The offending post was sent to perdition, but has since been deleted completely.

Ask around for further information.

Good Luck,
    Stephen.

Reply #7 - September 17, 2014, 10:09 AM

Good evening Stephen, good to see you again!  Smiley

The misspelling in my name is intentional, because I'm an idiot and I can't spell properly. But I'd probably also say that even if it was a mistake. Does that clear things up?
     Reply #8 - September 17, 2014, 11:25 AM

Stephen, glad you're back.

I think the mods would be happier with us both if we didn't comment on this further, and if we just dropped it and moved on. But, I'll offer you my opinion, for what it's worth (and because I can't stop myself): your joke would have worked better without the terms 'South Africa' and 'native'. Just saying.

Hi
     Reply #9 - September 17, 2014, 10:54 PM

Hi Shirley,

Thank you for your kind welcome upon the occasion of my return.  I have been keeping a watching brief on the site, so have never really been far away.

Hi Musivore,

I accept the point you raise regarding location, etc.

You need not worry about me upsetting the moderators by not letting this subject drop, as I have no intention of discussing it any further.

Kind Regards to you both,

Stephen.
  • 1« Previous thread | Next thread »