Skip navigation
Sidebar -

Advanced search options →

Welcome

Welcome to CEMB forum.
Please login or register. Did you miss your activation email?

Donations

Help keep the Forum going!
Click on Kitty to donate:

Kitty is lost

Recent Posts

Qur'anic studies today
Yesterday at 08:44 PM

Lights on the way
by akay
Yesterday at 04:40 PM

اضواء على الطريق ....... ...
by akay
Yesterday at 12:50 PM

Do humans have needed kno...
Yesterday at 04:17 AM

What's happened to the fo...
by zeca
April 18, 2024, 06:39 PM

New Britain
April 18, 2024, 05:41 PM

Do humans have needed kno...
April 18, 2024, 05:47 AM

Iran launches drones
April 13, 2024, 09:56 PM

عيد مبارك للجميع! ^_^
by akay
April 12, 2024, 04:01 PM

Eid-Al-Fitr
by akay
April 12, 2024, 12:06 PM

Mock Them and Move on., ...
January 30, 2024, 10:44 AM

Pro Israel or Pro Palesti...
January 29, 2024, 01:53 PM

Theme Changer

Poll

• Question: which of the following was the reason you left islam?
  • quran - 29 (78.4%)
  • hadith - 3 (8.1%)
  • other muslims - 5 (13.5%)
  • Total Voters: 37

Topic: Ex muslims reasons for leaving islam?

(Read 26643 times)
  • Previous page 1 2 34 Next page « Previous thread | Next thread »
  • Ex muslims reasons for leaving islam?
     Reply #60 - May 27, 2015, 07:18 PM

Yeezevee: You are awesome! I cracked up!
     Reply #61 - May 27, 2015, 07:25 PM

I left Islam, and that's pretty final. But a part of me wishes that I didn't because putting up a facade is hard work and also because I admire the deep humility of devout Muslims. I think that truly religious Muslims are more humble and big hearted than most, probably because of the submissive nature of Islam and that it requires one to abandon this world for the sake of God's love.
     Reply #62 - May 28, 2015, 01:42 AM

Was this groundbreaking???

https://www.uni-tuebingen.de/aktuelles/pressemitteilungen/newsfullview-pressemitteilungen/article/raritaet-entdeckt-koranhandschrift-stammt-aus-der-fruehzeit-des-islam.html
     Reply #63 - May 28, 2015, 02:55 AM

I left Islam, and that's pretty final. But a part of me wishes that I didn't because putting up a facade is hard work and also because I admire the deep humility of devout Muslims. I think that truly religious Muslims are more humble and big hearted than most, probably because of the submissive nature of Islam and that it requires one to abandon this world for the sake of God's love.

that is true.,, but I am not sure that is because of Islam.,  you will also find such people from other religions and i am not sure  that is because they are following their religion.... This humility, Morality , sympathy, empathy  in some people   must have come from  different sources..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VgHoyTvyh4o

and this one is a good lecture  to watch.... from Robert Zubrin

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y4P2oihuB_k

Do not let silence become your legacy.. Question everything   
    I renounced my faith to become a kafir, 
    the beloved betrayed me and turned in to  a Muslim

Reply #64 - May 28, 2015, 03:53 AM

yes, i left orthodox Islam, but i still identify as Muslim, yes probably the Majority of Muslims will consider me a heretic, but that's does not bother me at all, after all, every nomination in Islam consider the other one as non Muslim.

I have a vague believe that there is something out there, maybe it is a wishful thinking, but i like the idea that there is more than a simple physical existence.

I consider the Quran the product of an early Movement that become what we know as Islam, as a complex corpus, i understand that the Quran has a history, multiple layers and possible multiple authors and editors. i don't believe it has a divine origin or infallible but a cultural product of the 7th century Arabia.

I don't know much about Historical Muhammed, I don't take seriously the traditional Islamic narrative,  his life is a mystery.

But i do celebrate the Islamic Holidays, I do fast, I do sometimes pray, and when  i die, I wish to be buried as a Muslim.

Reply #65 - May 28, 2015, 03:58 AM

after all, every nomination in Islam consider the other one as non Muslim.

Amen. Do your own thing.  yes
     Reply #66 - May 28, 2015, 08:06 AM

yes, i left orthodox Islam, but i still identify as Muslim, yes probably the Majority of Muslims will consider me a heretic, but that's does not bother me at all, after all, every nomination in Islam consider the other one as non Muslim.

I have a vague believe that there is something out there, maybe it is a wishful thinking, but i like the idea that there is more than a simple physical existence.

I consider the Quran the product of an early Movement that become what we know as Islam, as a complex corpus, i understand that the Quran has a history, multiple layers and possible multiple authors and editors. i don't believe it has a divine origin or infallible but a cultural product of the 7th century Arabia.

I don't know much about Historical Muhammed, I don't take seriously the traditional Islamic narrative,  his life is a mystery.

But i do celebrate the Islamic Holidays, I do fast, I do sometimes pray, and when  i die, I wish to be buried as a Muslim.

Hatoush - you and I are as one! Those thoughts reflect mine exactly.

And I don't care what anyone says but thats going on the CEMB Greatest hits.
     Reply #67 - May 28, 2015, 08:17 AM

Hatoush, would you mind if I posted that on my Facebook Page? I will not make any reference to this forum nor your nickname here (unless you want me to) and will simply say smething like: A Muslim friend of mine expressed this the other day and they reflect my own thoughts too.
     Reply #68 - May 28, 2015, 08:48 AM

yes Hassan,  please do,  you can refer to this forum if you wish,   I am really glad that we share the same perspective.
     Reply #69 - May 28, 2015, 08:52 AM

Thanks, Hatoush Smiley
     Reply #70 - May 28, 2015, 09:24 AM

Link below (I hope you don't mind but I made a few minor corrections)

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=1653313781570111&id=100006745147497&ref=fbwaexpcopy

Smiley
     Reply #71 - May 28, 2015, 10:52 AM

It's started off a healthy discussion Smiley
     Reply #72 - May 28, 2015, 10:54 AM

Feel free to contribute if you have Facebook.

Just bear in mind my family and loved ones read it. Smiley
     Reply #73 - May 28, 2015, 02:07 PM

.....yes, i left orthodox Islam, but i still identify as Muslim,.......

.....I have a vague belief that there is something out there, maybe it is a wishful thinking, ......

.... i don't believe it has a divine origin or infallible but a cultural product of the 7th century Arabia. ...

....I don't know much about Historical Muhammed, I don't take seriously the traditional Islamic narrative,  .....

But i do celebrate the Islamic Holidays, I do fast, I do sometimes pray, and when  i die, I wish to be buried as a Muslim.

Let me rewrite hatoush .....

"I am a Muslim.,  I  respect  all people  and my philosophy is "Be good do good and follow golden rule"  "I don't care what is in Quran, I don't care who Muhammad was, I don't care what Islamic preachers preach  and I don't care what some Muslims do in the name of Islam.. I am "Be Myself Muslim""..... ..  hatoush..

Muslims for Progressive Values (MPV) is a non-governmental organization that advocates for egalitarian expressions of Islam, for women, and for LGBTQI rights. MPV does this by creating inclusive spaces for religious discourse, the arts and social activism.

In a world that has been plagued by terror and Islamophobia, MPV seeks to counter radicalization, hate and misunderstanding of Islam by fostering intercultural and interfaith dialogue on a global platform. MPV is guided by ten principles, namely:

1. Collective identity
    2. Equality
    3. The separation of religious and state authorities
    4. Freedom of speech
    5. Universal human rights
    6. Gender equality
    7. LGBTQI inclusion
    8. Critical analysis and interpretation
    9. Compassion
    10. Diversity

Based on these principles, MPV carries out grassroots activities, including interfaith marriages, same-sex marriages, female-led prayers and the provision of avant-garde educational materials, through its local chapters in the US, namely in Atlanta, Columbus, Washington DC, Chicago, New York and Los Angeles, and in Australia, Canada, Chile, France and Malaysia. These activities serve to promote the mission and values of MPV at the local level. On a global level, MPV carries out activities geared at advocating against human rights abuses carried out in the name of Islam in Muslim-majority states. MPV particularly monitors human rights issues in Muslim-majority countries related to women’s rights, LGBTQI rights, freedom of and from religion and freedom of expression.

The main focus of MPV’s work is to stimulate critical thinking of sacred texts and to promote the implementation of progressive values, such as human rights, gender equality, freedom of expression, and freedom of and from religion and belief.

well that sounds good to me..

Reply #74 - May 28, 2015, 03:00 PM

Hassan and Yeezevee, maybe we should start a new Islamic faith base organisation Smiley

but seriously, i am very happy there is a new liberal form of Islam,  and I am grateful for CEMB Forum, where "infidel" voices can be heard.

Reply #75 - May 28, 2015, 03:20 PM

I'm really glad you found us, hatoush. Smiley
     Reply #76 - May 28, 2015, 03:36 PM

How many members do Muslims for Progressive Values have?
     Reply #77 - May 28, 2015, 03:51 PM

Progressive Muslim Organizations

hmm interesting..

Reply #78 - May 28, 2015, 04:04 PM

There's something about clarionproject...
     Reply #79 - May 28, 2015, 04:46 PM

Grin I'm glad you woke up!
     Reply #80 - May 28, 2015, 04:57 PM

Huh?
     Reply #81 - May 28, 2015, 05:00 PM

Oh, just like Qtian with the editing. He tried to tell me it was the lab fumes making me see things. Grin
     Reply #82 - May 28, 2015, 05:09 PM

I have no idea what you're talking about
     Reply #83 - June 01, 2015, 12:11 PM

You can not ignore the Yeezster!

Yeezster!....Yeezster!?  yeeZester??   finmad finmad    Oon that let me tell you about this new religion of  Iraq which is older than Islam and older than Christianity that small number of  Iraqi Kurds lighting its lamp again..

SULAYMANIYAH, Iraq — One of the smallest and oldest religions in the world is experiencing a revival in the semi-autonomous region of Iraqi Kurdistan. The religion has deep Kurdish roots—it was founded by Zoroaster, also known as Zarathustra, who was born in the Kurdish part of Iran 3,500 years ago, and the religion’s sacred book, the Avesta, was written in an ancient language from which the Kurdish language derives.

In this century, however, it is estimated that there are only around 190,000 believers in the world. After Islam became the dominant religion in the region during the 7th century, Zoroastrianism more or less disappeared.

Until—quite possibly—now.

For the first time in over a thousand years, locals in a rural part of Sulaymaniyah province conducted an ancient ceremony on May 1, whereby followers put on a special belt that signifies they are ready to serve the religion and observe its tenets. It would be akin to a baptism in the Christian faith.

The newly pledged Zoroastrians have said that they will organize similar ceremonies elsewhere in Iraqi Kurdistan and they have also asked permission to build up to 12 temples inside the region, which has its own borders, military, and Parliament.

Zoroastrians are also visiting government departments in Iraqi Kurdistan and they have asked that Zoroastrianism be acknowledged as a religion officially. They even have their own anthem and many locals are attending Zoroastrian events and responding to Zoroastrian organizations and pages on social media.

Although as yet there are no official numbers showing how many Kurdish locals are actually turning to this religion, there is certainly a lot of discussion about it. And those who are already Zoroastrians believe that as soon as locals learn more about the religion, their numbers will increase. They also seem to be selling the idea of Zoroastrianism by saying that it is somehow “more Kurdish” then other religions — certainly an attractive idea in an area where many locals care more about their ethnic identity than religious divisions.

“This religion will restore the real culture and religion of the Kurdish people,” says Luqman al-Haj Karim, a senior representative of Zoroastrianism and head of the Zoroastrian organization, Zand, who believes that his belief system is more “Kurdish” than most. “The revival is a part of a cultural revolution, that gives people new ways to explore peace of mind, harmony and love,” he insists.

that is the today's news from here

So dear Jedi.,  it is NOT  Yeezsterism but close  it is  the "zoroastrianism"

And  Jedi listen to me carefully., That Fire....the fire that started by small number of Iraqi Kurds indeed has the power to burn through the BABOON BRAINS OF IRANIAN REGIME  .. And this ripple effect could  .... could bury that silly Islam of Persians back in to the Arabian  desert.

well let me read these links..
    http://www.bbc.com/news/uk-23744554
    http://iranpoliticsclub.net/culture-language/mythology1/

with best wishes
    yeezevee

Reply #84 - June 01, 2015, 06:14 PM

There's something about clarionproject...

Back in the day I edited a magazine called the Clarion.
     Reply #85 - June 02, 2015, 01:35 PM

yeezevee, thanks for the link, i find one of their principle quite interesting

"COLLECTIVE IDENTITY

We accept as Muslim anyone who identifies as such. The veracity and integrity of that claim is between the individual and God, and is not a matter for the state nor an issue which other individuals can or should judge "
     Reply #86 - June 02, 2015, 02:08 PM

Back in the day I edited a magazine called the Clarion.

Isn't a clarion a trumpet used in battle or something?
     Reply #87 - June 02, 2015, 02:26 PM

well Kodanshi   CEMB folks are doing same thing .. trumpeting .. blowing trumpet against....

Reply #88 - June 02, 2015, 02:43 PM

Yes. And an angel will blow one to announce qiyama.

Dawahman man says his lips are already on it.
     Reply #89 - June 02, 2015, 04:10 PM

They're on something.

`But I don't want to go among mad people,' Alice remarked.
     `Oh, you can't help that,' said the Cat: `we're all mad here. I'm mad.  You're mad.'
     `How do you know I'm mad?' said Alice.
     `You must be,' said the Cat, `or you wouldn't have come here.'
  • Previous page 1 2 34 Next page « Previous thread | Next thread »