Skip navigation
Sidebar -

Advanced search options →

Welcome

Welcome to CEMB forum.
Please login or register. Did you miss your activation email?

Donations

Help keep the Forum going!
Click on Kitty to donate:

Kitty is lost

Recent Posts

Do humans have needed kno...
Today at 07:25 AM

New Britain
Today at 12:05 AM

Iran launches drones
April 13, 2024, 09:56 PM

عيد مبارك للجميع! ^_^
by akay
April 12, 2024, 04:01 PM

Eid-Al-Fitr
by akay
April 12, 2024, 12:06 PM

What's happened to the fo...
April 11, 2024, 01:00 AM

Lights on the way
by akay
February 01, 2024, 12:10 PM

Mock Them and Move on., ...
January 30, 2024, 10:44 AM

Pro Israel or Pro Palesti...
January 29, 2024, 01:53 PM

Pakistan: The Nation.....
January 28, 2024, 02:12 PM

Gaza assault
January 27, 2024, 01:08 PM

Nawal El Saadawi: Egypt's...
January 27, 2024, 12:24 PM

Theme Changer

Poll

• Question: which of the following was the reason you left islam?
  • quran - 29 (78.4%)
  • hadith - 3 (8.1%)
  • other muslims - 5 (13.5%)
  • Total Voters: 37

Topic: Ex muslims reasons for leaving islam?

(Read 26618 times)
  • Previous page 1 23 4 Next page « Previous thread | Next thread »
  • Ex muslims reasons for leaving islam?
     Reply #30 - November 17, 2014, 11:07 PM

Although I'm still searching the truth, for me it was because of 4 years I spent to heal my homosexuality, I had believed in God's justice, that there must be a reason of his anger towards gay people, and his forbidding gay actions. Then I realised it was impossible and even laughable that it is curable. Then I continued for some time as a muslim, until realising and being astonished at how Allah and his prophet can be THAT hateful toward people who 1) did not choose to be homosexual 2) they have no other legitimate way to satisfy their sexual desires 3) Islam's diligence in namely "making life easy" for heterosexual men by allowing 4 women, plus woman slaves 4) The argument from "illness" and didn't sound much convincing as the attitude was not for example the same as to a blind person.
    Of course I had to realise first that it wasn't my fault, and I had to try to cure it only to know that it would fail - to have that feeling of injustice.
    The argument from the afterlife wasn't also a remedy, because, although it explained deprivations and sufferings' compensation in the general sense, it didn't explain why there was inconsistencies between the amount of deprivation or suffering each person has in his life. - hit me up if you know islamic explanations about it other than God's plan.

Reply #31 - November 17, 2014, 11:24 PM

I'm sorry that you had you go through that abbuke, and that you are still going through it to an extent. You are not the one with the illness, it is Islam.

I hope you find your way across to us infidels soon my brother. There is peace, love and goodwill for you on this side.

Hi
     Reply #32 - November 18, 2014, 02:35 AM

Thank you musivore  Smiley
     Reply #33 - December 07, 2014, 01:19 AM

I left because slavery is wrong
    God should not punnish me for not worshiping
     Reply #34 - March 05, 2015, 11:06 PM

Interesting that most Quranist say they reject the hadith because of its unreliability, but it's not like the Quran is in any way more reliable when it comes to its compilation. At least, if you look at actual history and not the (fake) Islamic narrative. But if you accept the Islamic narrative of the Qurans compilation and reliability, then why wouldn't you accept the Islamic narrative on hadith hmmmm... Is it maybe because with Quran alone it's easier to be bold with interpretations, because the hadith more or less sets the scene Roll Eyes

You read my mind!
     Reply #35 - March 06, 2015, 09:14 AM

I left cuz there is no logic in the existance of a god. just logic. its actually just a man made ghost...

Dogs never bite me - just humans. ~ M. Monroe

Religions seem to cause more grief than good.

Exmuslim Chat
     Reply #36 - March 07, 2015, 08:50 PM

I hope no one is offend but is Islam in the quran as violent as many people say? I mean as a Christan there are violent moments
     Reply #37 - March 07, 2015, 09:31 PM

I hope no one is offend but is Islam in the quran as violent as many people say? I mean as a Christan there are violent moments

It's certainly got violent passages.

On a scale of violence in the Abrahamic Holy Books, I would personally put:

The Old Testament at number 1 (even the Qur'an doesn't order the believers to kill babies).

The Qur'an number 2.

The Gospels number 3.

Reply #38 - March 07, 2015, 10:07 PM

The god of the quran is very much the god of the old testament, though I would have to say the quran is worse. The OT has a humanity that the quran lacks and the xenophobic preaching of hell are really second to none as far as texts go, even though everything from the boiling water to the hooked rods of iron are ripoffs from christian theology.

`But I don't want to go among mad people,' Alice remarked.
     `Oh, you can't help that,' said the Cat: `we're all mad here. I'm mad.  You're mad.'
     `How do you know I'm mad?' said Alice.
     `You must be,' said the Cat, `or you wouldn't have come here.'
     Reply #39 - March 09, 2015, 10:58 PM

i would like to know what was the reasons you guys left islam?

Because I felt like it.

My mind runs, I can never catch it even if I get a head start.
     Reply #40 - May 27, 2015, 09:48 AM

My actual reason to leave islam were both hadis and quran.

when I started coming across crazy stuff in books of ahadees(bukhari etc) like slave sex and stories of aisha as a child. I started to realize that the muslims who reject ahadis are actually trying to save islam.

So i knew that okay quran will have to be the last thing standing afterall it is claimed to be the word of god so when everything  has failed quran still needs to be looked into......

and when I found out that quran does not stand upto the claim that it has never been changed and that there are differences in even phrases when we see ancient manuscripts like topkapi and samarkand...... its credibility seriously deteriorated and as it is the basis of islam the whole religion fell apart......

and then every little criticism about religion started looking so big and real.......... and very often i think that if it all started with one guy going into a cave(muhammad) or upto a mountain (moses)  and then coming down and telling he has been contacted by god in isolation........in a time when people obviously had almost no scientific understanding of nature and were extremely supersticious......... then they(prophets) were obviously lying and were just playing by the trends then......

even his companions had never seen anything happening they also just took it on his words just like we have to do today.......... an obvious lie.........if god was really expecting everyone to be so dumb to just take it on words then he clearly was underestimating his creation Wink
     Reply #41 - May 27, 2015, 11:44 AM

The world that the Quran and the hadith try to impose just doesn't fit with the modern world. There are too many genies associated with human progress to put back into bottles. Women's rights, multiculturalism, freedom of religion, all have to be rolled back from the modern standards if we want an Islamic way of life to exist on the world. Well fuck that.

how fuck works without shit??

Let's Play Chess!

harakaat, friend, RIP
     Reply #42 - May 27, 2015, 12:01 PM

I have a theory that there is more to it than the reasons people give for both leaving or converting to a religion.

People generally are very tribal and stay with their tribe through thick and thin. After all their interests are closely tied to their tribe. Their identity, well being, security, self worth etc.

Those who leave or change tribe do so because for some reason their ties to their tribe weakened and perhaps broke completely. Perhaps due to life traumas experiences etc…

I'm not saying that the "rational" and "logical" reasons they give are false or invalid. Far from it.

I am just saying that being able to see the flaws and irrationality of ones own religion is often impossible for most people unless they get a hard slap in the face (or many slaps in the face) so that they can finally look at the familiar from a new perspective.
     Reply #43 - May 27, 2015, 12:29 PM

..................................I am just saying that being able to see the flaws and irrationality of ones own religion is often impossible for most people unless they get a hard slap in the face ..................

"All Religions are Irrational and All religions have flaws., Anyone who can see flaws in other religions, should easily be able to see flaws in their  own religion.    One can only get that in to their thick skulls provided   if he/she  NOT emotionally attached to his/her own  religion   and is not stupid or a religious bigot  "

Do not let silence become your legacy.. Question everything   
    I renounced my faith to become a kafir, 
    the beloved betrayed me and turned in to  a Muslim

Reply #44 - May 27, 2015, 12:39 PM

"All Religions are Irrational and All religions have flaws., Anyone who can see flaws in other religions, should easily be able to see flaws in their  own religion.    One can only get that in to their thick skulls provided   if he/she  NOT emotionally attached to his/her own  religion   and is not stupid or a religious bigot  "

Well said Yeezy if those your words...

No free mixing of the sexes is permitted on these forums or via PM or the various chat groups that are operating.

Women must write modestly and all men must lower their case.

http://www.ummah.com/forum/showthread.php?425649-Have-some-Hayaa-%28modesty-shame%29-people!
     Reply #45 - May 27, 2015, 12:48 PM

Two things;

1. Existence of God; my position remains at being agnostic.

2. Because I am agnostic on the existence of God, I don't believe Qur'an is the word of God.

These two are only reason why I don't believe in Islam as the true belief system. However I do acknowledge that Qur'an can be used in many ways to fit with the modern world as I have recently discovered a number of muslims who don't take the verses literally or a static interpretations of them like the modern sunnis do. Sure, we can say they are not a "true" muslim or they "cherrypick" but really, who are we to put ourselves in a position to make that judgement.

"I'm standing here like an asshole holding my Charles Dickens"

"No theory,No ready made system,no book that has ever been written to save the world. i cleave to no system.."-Bakunin
     Reply #46 - May 27, 2015, 12:50 PM

"Anyone who can see flaws in other religions, should easily be able to see flaws in their  own religion, One can only see that  if he/she  NOT emotionally attached to his/her own  religion   and is not stupid or a religious bigot  "

Are you saying that anyone who can't see the flaws and irrationality in their own religion is either stupid or a religious bigot?

You see this is why I'm not a fan of your ramblings, Yeezy.

Reply #47 - May 27, 2015, 12:52 PM

Well said Yeezy if those your words...

"...If Those are your words"......

Nothing is mine,   Nothing comes from me Jedi., Everything is controlled by allah god.  all come from allah/god,  and that includes the poop from  arse....    

and that joke is on god/allah/gods ..whatever  Cheesy Cheesy

Reply #48 - May 27, 2015, 12:55 PM

Are you saying that anyone who can't see the flaws and irrationality in their own religion is either stupid or a religious bigot?

No ..noooo.. you are cutting a part of the statement..  and that is "  "Anyone who can see flaws in other religions, "

So Hassan I read you as ..

"Anyone who can see  flaws in other religions, but can not see the flaws and irrationality in their own religion is either stupid or a religious bigot......."

Reply #49 - May 27, 2015, 12:57 PM

Gotta love the new " ignore user" feature. So neat!

"I'm standing here like an asshole holding my Charles Dickens"

"No theory,No ready made system,no book that has ever been written to save the world. i cleave to no system.."-Bakunin
     Reply #50 - May 27, 2015, 12:58 PM

You can not ignore the Yeezster!

No free mixing of the sexes is permitted on these forums or via PM or the various chat groups that are operating.

http://www.ummah.com/forum/showthread.php?425649-Have-some-Hayaa-%28modesty-shame%29-people!
     Reply #51 - May 27, 2015, 01:00 PM

Gotta love the new " ignore user" feature. So neat!

Cato Kaelin .. you are back in action.. so good to see you.,   And I WILL NOT BE YOUR  O.J. SIMSON .. finmad

Reply #52 - May 27, 2015, 01:15 PM

You can not ignore the Yeezster!

I keep making the mistake that there might be nuggets of wisdom in his stream of gobbeldy gook.
     Reply #53 - May 27, 2015, 01:31 PM

^Kinda like the Qur'an. Grin
     Reply #54 - May 27, 2015, 01:32 PM

I keep making the mistake that there might be nuggets of wisdom in his stream of gobbeldy gook.

Hassan  Stop doing same mistake again and again and stop smoking.....

and..and watch the tube at this link  http://www.councilofexmuslims.com/index.php?topic=27568.msg822321#msg822321

Watch it carefully and tell me  whether what Tom  Holland saying is important or NOT..

Reply #55 - May 27, 2015, 01:33 PM

^Kinda like the Qur'an. Grin

Lol… Wink
     Reply #56 - May 27, 2015, 01:38 PM

LoL  Cheesy

Reply #57 - May 27, 2015, 05:43 PM

If bias is a form of bigotry yeez has a point. It's not a secret that it's easy to see bullshit in every religion except your own.

`But I don't want to go among mad people,' Alice remarked.
     `Oh, you can't help that,' said the Cat: `we're all mad here. I'm mad.  You're mad.'
     `How do you know I'm mad?' said Alice.
     `You must be,' said the Cat, `or you wouldn't have come here.'
     Reply #58 - May 27, 2015, 05:51 PM

If bias is a form of bigotry yeez has a point. It's not a secret that it's easy to see bullshit in every religion except your own.

All these guys in CEMB should be   arrested for 'inciting debauchery'   finmad

Thank you QSE..     Good Dance  could be better...

hmm.. ze..ze..zee

Reply #59 - May 27, 2015, 06:30 PM

It's not a secret that it's easy to see bullshit in every religion except your own.

I totally agree with that.

But I'm not sure that's what Yeezy was saying. But then I don't speak Yeezish. So I could be wrong.

In fact I must stop responding to him once and for all  and put him on ignore and keep him there this time.
  • Previous page 1 23 4 Next page « Previous thread | Next thread »