Skip navigation
Sidebar -

Advanced search options →

Welcome

Welcome to CEMB forum.
Please login or register. Did you miss your activation email?

Donations

Help keep the Forum going!
Click on Kitty to donate:

Kitty is lost

Recent Posts

Lights on the way
by akay
Today at 04:40 PM

Qur'anic studies today
by zeca
Today at 02:45 PM

اضواء على الطريق ....... ...
by akay
Today at 12:50 PM

Do humans have needed kno...
Today at 04:17 AM

What's happened to the fo...
by zeca
Yesterday at 06:39 PM

New Britain
Yesterday at 05:41 PM

Do humans have needed kno...
Yesterday at 05:47 AM

Iran launches drones
April 13, 2024, 09:56 PM

عيد مبارك للجميع! ^_^
by akay
April 12, 2024, 04:01 PM

Eid-Al-Fitr
by akay
April 12, 2024, 12:06 PM

Mock Them and Move on., ...
January 30, 2024, 10:44 AM

Pro Israel or Pro Palesti...
January 29, 2024, 01:53 PM

Theme Changer

Poll

• Question: which of the following was the reason you left islam?
  • quran - 29 (78.4%)
  • hadith - 3 (8.1%)
  • other muslims - 5 (13.5%)
  • Total Voters: 37

Topic: Ex muslims reasons for leaving islam?

(Read 26642 times)
  • 12 3 4 Next page « Previous thread | Next thread »
  • Ex muslims reasons for leaving islam?
     OP - September 05, 2014, 05:26 PM

i would like to know what was the reasons you guys left islam?
     Reply #1 - September 05, 2014, 05:32 PM

Hello heathens and welcome to the forum Smiley

As for my reasons for leaving Islam, they were initially related to the concept of Theism. May I ask what yours were... if you have left Islam?

My mind runs, I can never catch it even if I get a head start.
     Reply #2 - September 05, 2014, 05:45 PM

i am still a muslim i have left hadiths they're manmade innovations created 200 years after prophet muhammads death most muslims consider people who reject hadiths as non-muslim
     Reply #3 - September 05, 2014, 05:47 PM

Indeed, well you aren't the first Qur'an only Muslim who has frequented this forum Tongue

My mind runs, I can never catch it even if I get a head start.
     Reply #4 - September 06, 2014, 11:15 PM

Im not a Muslim. In fact i knew not much about the religion until 1.5 year ago. But i had a boyfriend who is Muslim, so for more than a year i tried to see the beauty in it. I read Quran, i read hadith. I totally absorbed everything, and at the end i had one conclusion: Quran is full of violence against every human being who doesnt follow Islam and the rules of Allah. It's a religion totally based on fear. The  fear of Allah and his judgement  makes people blind and stops them from thinking for their own. It's a religion were there are only priviliges for Muslim men. But for women theres nothing. Even in  Paradise men get everlasting erections, hooris, sex power for 100 and all the shit more. And what do i get? Rivers full of milk, material shit like silk clothes and jewelery and a never dry vagina to please my hubby.  And ofcourse i get only one man, cause it's not in womens nature to love other men beside her hubby. And to make it all easier Allah removed all emotions like anger and jelousy, so that it's legal for my hubby to fuck around while i will problably  be busy with  the cooking and the laundry.

So for me the question was not about leaving Islam, but about converting into Islam.
    Hell no!!! Never

For god and money devils fight
    Religion holds a beast inside

Racoon
     Reply #5 - September 07, 2014, 12:29 AM

Reason for leaving was when i woke myself up & started using my own mind to think rather than others. Actually reading the qoran woke me up,ithas a lot to answer for but no answers for ppl who think  yet has all the answers for ppl who follow blindly. Sad state of affairs really

"Question with boldness even the existence of God...because...if there be one, he must more approve of the homage of reason than that of blindfolded fear"...Thomas Jefferson
     Reply #6 - September 07, 2014, 01:12 AM

I left when I finally figured out that the system did not work in practice at all. The apologist tripe fed to women about how they are cherished and cared for and guaranteed this and that is just a doublespeak about how women need to toe the line to get their ¨rights¨.
    The more acquainted you are with Arabi, the more you realize that the Quran mentions women and children as property, not independent people.
    It took me a very long time to figure this out, because I was always self sufficient and the Muslims I knew were very nice. I could not reconcile what I read with the believers that I knew, and I was sure what I was reading was mistranslated.
    The Mahram concept creates dependency and retards maturation in women, and on the other gender's foot, it lends itself to a full blown rape culture easily seen in evidence in Muslim cultures. Mahram and modesty doctrine makes men out to be monsters and women out to be unfit for independent life.
    The Islamic system is not humane, on these points and others. A person only reaches full potential despite it, not because of it. So what good is it, really? More harmful than helpful. You have to ignore this surah and that ayah in Islam to maintain your morality, your sanity, in the face of such ethics. Pick and choose Muslims are Murtad, right? Ameen. So here I am.

Don't let Hitler have the street.
     Reply #7 - September 07, 2014, 07:39 AM

Fairly sure I've already posted why in a similar thread. Oh well, I'll post what got me to start considering Islam as being false. When I was 9-ish I had confirmed that I was the only person alive. I was put in this world by some scientists as a sort of experiment. The world literally revolved around me; people wouldn't perform any actions unless I was around. Kids wouldn't play, adults wouldn't argue, teachers wouldn't shout; they would just remain inanimate, possibly being moved by the scientists from one place to another. Fast forward around 2 years, as if the scientists were trying to delude me from escaping this experiment, my grandfather passed away of cancer. It was a very odd day, I'd been feeling fairly down for no reason, the school bus had broken down on the way home for more than 3 hours, and when my mother told me over the phone I kept thinking about all the things I could have misheard. Similarly, my two other grandparents had fairly odd deaths, like my grandmother's wooden sofa that my cousins and I had used as a semi-playhouse for years on end breaking to pieces on the night of her death.

Things like that were the reason why I believed in the existence of Allah. That, combined with the fact that Allah is fact in all places in Egypt, formed this sort of impassable terrain; a wall of blind faith. For so many years after realizing that it's probable that other people are conscious too I struggled with the concept of hell. The number of non-Muslims who have existed throughout history and will continue to exist for tens and hundreds and thousands of years to come is without a doubt up in the hundreds of billions and more. Note that the Muslim heaven didn't interest me to begin with. So all the non-Muslims will burn in hell. Almost everyone responsible for today's civilization and how much progress we've made is going to burn in hell for eternity. Meanwhile, the Muslims are victims of their own fate. Whatever happens to them happens because Allah has willed it. Specially those damn 16 year-olds in the traffic accidents and murders, it's not that we have an impressively weak police force that does nothing to maintain road rule and prevent crime but instead threatens and locks up the righteous, it's that Allah wanted to save those 16 year-olds from going corrupt later in life.

Confused, I started digging into Islamic history, attempting to see how Mohammed's action look if I was to imagine that Allah didn't exist. Stupidity, thievery, murder, genocide, rape, slave trade, torture, verses that seemed a little bit too convenient, and contradictions between the hadiths and verses and other verses.

Quote from: Quran, 33:37
    And (remember) when you said to him (Zaid bin Hârithah; the freed-slave of the Prophet ) on whom God has bestowed Grace (by guiding him to Islâm) and you (O Muhammad too) have done favour (by manumitting him) "Keep your wife to yourself, and fear God." But you did hide in yourself (i.e. what God has already made known to you that He will give her to you in marriage) that which God will make manifest, you did fear the people (i.e., Muhammad married the divorced wife of his manumitted slave) whereas God had a better right that you should fear Him. So when Zaid had accomplished his desire from her (i.e. divorced her), We gave her to you in marriage, so that (in future) there may be no difficulty to the believers in respect of (the marriage of) the wives of their adopted sons when the latter have no desire to keep them (i.e. they have divorced them). And God's Command must be fulfilled.

There was also a hadith about Aisha commenting on the convenience of the revelations which I will edit into this post i I find.

أشهد أن لا إله
     Reply #8 - September 07, 2014, 07:53 AM

I had a few reasons for leaving Islam but one of the triggers was when I reflected over heaven and hell and told my sister that I wasn't sure I believed in them. After that I was able to let go of more concepts like the devil, the mandatory 5 pillars of Islam as a set thing and ofcourse Richard Dawkins The god Delusion helped me take a few steps forward. I also perceived the Quran as violent and didn't agree with people who said it made you feel harmony, it always made me feel anxious and way behind as well as isolated. Yeah, good times!:-)

"Tomorrow is the today you were worried about yesterday" Unknown
     Reply #9 - September 07, 2014, 08:03 AM

For me it wasn't one big moment but a culmination of simple things over a few weeks. It didn't take long for me to leave Islam - I researched it more, didn't agree with what I saw, left it. As simple as that. Perhaps it was because I never really saw religion as a huge part of my identity despite the fact it was a protruding and glaringly obvious part of my life. I never chose Islam which is probably why it felt like an uncomfortable fit, I've often wondered how much easier my life would be if I was born into a non-religious family.

"Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent.
     Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent.
     Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil?
     Is he neither able nor willing? Then why call him God." - Epicurus
     Reply #10 - September 07, 2014, 11:34 AM

I spent most of my time in Islam as a Quranist. Didn't care what other Muslims did, didn't care one bit about the hadith.

Eventually had to face the facts: the Quran itself, even when I interpreted it to be as innocuous as possible, was still dangerous, still full of error and contradiction, and I could not fool myself into believing that this was the best divine work to guide all human life anymore. If it is, we have a spectacularly dim-witted or evil God. Maybe both.
     Reply #11 - September 07, 2014, 11:40 AM

Interesting that most Quranist say they reject the hadith because of its unreliability, but it's not like the Quran is in any way more reliable when it comes to its compilation. At least, if you look at actual history and not the (fake) Islamic narrative. But if you accept the Islamic narrative of the Qurans compilation and reliability, then why wouldn't you accept the Islamic narrative on hadith hmmmm... Is it maybe because with Quran alone it's easier to be bold with interpretations, because the hadith more or less sets the scene Roll Eyes

"The healthiest people I know are those who are the first to label themselves fucked up." - three
     Reply #12 - September 07, 2014, 11:49 AM

^Yep.

As you know, it's not even something I need to touch nowadays, but when I was talking to the husband about the hadith and he brushed them off, I was totally mad at myself for making him this way. Grin If you and the other person can agree that Islam is true, a good case can be made for Quranism. If one of you jumped off that bandwagon, not so much. Doubt the hadith, you should doubt the Quran, and, frankly, pretty much anything you've ever heard or learned about Mohammad and his companions.

I'm still having trouble with him and Umar, he still loves that guy and wants to name his first son after him. When I show him poor reports of his that were collected along with the hadith, he rejects them, too, as inaccurate. Well, then, what the hell do you even know about Umar?  Roll Eyes Oh well.
     Reply #13 - September 07, 2014, 11:58 AM

I'm still having trouble with him and Umar, he still loves that guy and wants to name his first son after him. When I show him poor reports of his that were collected along with the hadith, he rejects them, too, as inaccurate. Well, then, what the hell do you even know about Umar?  Roll Eyes Oh well.

Does he know that Umar was a peeping Tom who was the sole reason hijab niqab were brought into Islam?

أشهد أن لا إله
     Reply #14 - September 07, 2014, 12:01 PM

Oh, he's heard a thing or two about that, but they aren't true, you know.  Grin I'll have to ask him some day which stories of his he does believe in.
     Reply #15 - September 07, 2014, 12:10 PM

For me it wasn't one big moment but a culmination of simple things over a few weeks. It didn't take long for me to leave Islam - I researched it more, didn't agree with what I saw, left it. As simple as that. Perhaps it was because I never really saw religion as a huge part of my identity despite the fact it was a protruding and glaringly obvious part of my life. I never chose Islam which is probably why it felt like an uncomfortable fit, I've often wondered how much easier my life would be if I was born into a non-religious family.

I often wondered about that,too!

"Tomorrow is the today you were worried about yesterday" Unknown
     Reply #16 - September 07, 2014, 12:45 PM

i am still a muslim i have left hadiths they're manmade innovations created 200 years after prophet muhammads death most muslims consider people who reject hadiths as non-muslim

Good.. good.,       Hello heathens greetings and my good wishes to you.,  I have not read you much so welcome to CEMB..

you are absolutely right in saying "hadith are  man made innovations created 200 years after prophet muhammads death"  100% right there., So you are a Muslim and  a heathen? that is an interesting combination. I guess I would say Prophet of Islam was a Heathen and a Muslim. After all until the age of 40 he was a Arabian Pagan from Quraish tribe.

Talking about  Quraish tribe  of Arabian desert., let me tel you a real story.,  You know way back.. 10 years back I wrote something here  at  http://www.mukto-mona.com/news/shaikh_free2.htm   about a person Dr. Younis Sheikh !   He was  a faculty member and was  arrested in Pakistan for Blasphemy and..and they put him on Death row.   You know what Blasphemy did he commit?  When he was talking to medical students,  he some how drifted in to that  Circumcision operation., and the point was.,  Muhammad was 40 year old Pagan guy so he was NOT circumcised   when he became prophet.  Now Question is

Did he get Circumcised after he became prophet?   and what kind of medical facilities did these Arabian pagan tribe used to get that circumcision done on Muhammad?   And for that discussion in medical college he was in jail for 2 - 3 years.. and has to run away from country to Europe  after he got bailed for few days  and ....all that yada yada...

So now my question to you is., Did you move in to Islam from Heathenism  Or did you move in to Heathenism from Islam?  

Ohfff.. I am not sure where I am going with this heathens., So let me stop here..

with best wishes
    yeezevee

Do not let silence become your legacy.. Question everything   
    I renounced my faith to become a kafir, 
    the beloved betrayed me and turned in to  a Muslim

Reply #17 - September 07, 2014, 06:59 PM

Leaving Islam happened quite slowly for me too. Living in a largely South Asian/Muslim community and household, you'd expect me to comply to these rules but that was never the case. Looking back, yes as a child I did believe in a God etc and I remember reading little children books of stories in the Quran but that's all they were- stories. Growing up I never felt it either, I think I just went with what everyone else did and didn't notice that deep down I never believed until I did finally notice. Once I did realize that my faith in Islam was practically nonexistent, I also began to have a lot of questions; Do atheists go to hell? But what if they were good people? What about those before the time for Muhammad? etc. Hell, I didn't even know how to read namaaz (I faked it and still do) and while I knew how to read Arabic, I'd skip at least 10 pages of the Quran at mosque sometimes just so I could reach the end and felt no guilt. I could never remember the things i had to learn by heart either and perhaps that's why I felt so out of touch. That posed another question: Surely if I was born a Muslim, why didn't God let me learn all this when I was a young impressionable child for it's only caused problems (not knowing any quranic stuff made religious ceremonies awkward, parents asking me to recite something to make sure I still knew it was daunting)
    But I digress. Not too far back, I started searching for the answers to my questions and long story short, like everyone else on here, I only gained more questions. So of course I went to the main source- The Quran. The English translation is difficult to grasp and while I am a Literature and Language student, the Quran was much more complicated to read than fucking Shakespeare so when I found I couldn't grasp a word of the Quran, I assumed it was because I wasn't intelligent enough and left it alone to carry on with my life and worry about it later. Just this year I came back to searching for answers and after reading some of the Quran (only some, for I was sick of it's repetitious nature and incomprehensible ramblings) and the Hadiths (don't even get me started on those.) I just couldn't let myself pretend I wanted anything to do with the religion. it majorly clashed with my feminist and humanist views and the idea that every human should have equal rights. A lot of apologists may argue and tell me that "oh but you've taken it out of context!!!". Stuff yourselves. There's only so much "context" you can throw into something. I'm friends with so many wonderful, open minded Muslims so it was difficult to see the the Quran wasn't as great as I wanted it to be.
     I've always been a strong believer of the big bang theory and never thought we were created from clay. We are just scientific accidents- a concoction of chemical reactions and some other sciencey stuff (I'm not a scientist as you can tell). The idea of hell AND heaven for all eternity horrifies me. I don't believe my life was predetermined nor do I believe that there is a "plan". Coming to this forum also opened my eyes in many ways on the truth of the Hadiths and Quranic verses. There are contradictions. I have never felt the presence of a God. I have never looked at the beauty of nature and thought of God. The universe is so vast that I cannot accept that we, us pieces of flesh on one floating rock in space, are here for a mere test when there is the rest of the ever-expanding universe out there. I dislike the way God speaks about some humans considering we're his "creation". There are so many more reasons.

So sorry for rambling. I've not logged into CEMB for a while now (busy) so I guess it's all just spewing out.

"A great fire burns within me, but no one stops to warm themselves at it, and passers-by only see a wisp of smoke."
  • Re: Ex muslims reasons for leaving islam?
     Reply #18 - September 07, 2014, 07:13 PM

^Yep.

As you know, it's not even something I need to touch nowadays, but when I was talking to the husband about the hadith and he brushed them off, I was totally mad at myself for making him this way. Grin If you and the other person can agree that Islam is true, a good case can be made for Quranism. If one of you jumped off that bandwagon, not so much. Doubt the hadith, you should doubt the Quran, and, frankly, pretty much anything you've ever heard or learned about Mohammad and his companions.

Not that they necessarily should be taken seriously, but any modern Islamic scholarship that even dreams of being taken seriously has to at least account for the fact that the Quran that we have today varies from the "Quran" the first set of "believers" would have had, and that those initial "revelations" had been tampered with and tweaked for political purposes, just like with the Bible.

It won't make their case any more true, but perhaps it could be just a little less hopeless in light of the persuasive evidence that exists for the Quran having been changed and codified by caliphs with a political agenda.
     Reply #19 - September 10, 2014, 08:04 PM

I initially started studying islam because of the brutal shariah law but then left for many reasons which include the errors in islam ,the brutality, hell and all them stuff
     Reply #20 - September 10, 2014, 08:48 PM

Never been a muslim, but I can tell you why I didn't convert. I read the quran (and hadiths) and saw it wasn't true.

`But I don't want to go among mad people,' Alice remarked.
     `Oh, you can't help that,' said the Cat: `we're all mad here. I'm mad.  You're mad.'
     `How do you know I'm mad?' said Alice.
     `You must be,' said the Cat, `or you wouldn't have come here.'
     Reply #21 - September 11, 2014, 08:10 PM

I was totally put off by sectarianism within islam. It just shows islam is a compromised religion, and its scripture is open to multiple interpretations just like any work of literature written by a fallible human being.
     Reply #22 - September 28, 2014, 09:44 PM

The fairytales, the split between Muslims, the "we are bad Muslims so we can't do anything about it", the backwardness of the middle east, the burqa, the inequality of women.

Need any more?
     Reply #23 - September 29, 2014, 07:48 PM

Please note that:
    My reasons for leaving Sunnism + My reasons for leaving Quranism = My reasons for leaving Islam

Leaving Sunnism:
    -Mo had many wives and slaves
    -Mo married a 6-year-old Aisha and f---ed her when she was 9
    -Women have so many restrictions, women must obey their fathers or male guardians or husbands while men have so many rights such as having up to 4 wives at once, having sex slaves, beating wives but still women are the majority of hell dwellers while men simply can go to paradise, have 72 virgin b00bies. Women are said to be the majority of hell dwellers because women are mentally deficient than men, have periods so they have less "ibadah" or act of worship, women are ungrateful toward their husbands etc.
    -Must kill apostates
    -Camel urine
    -Dogs are impure
    -Women must cover up or deserve to get raped
    -Men can simply divorce their wives by just UTTERING "I divorce you" right in their wives face or via text messages, letters or emails or phone calls and if a husband utters 3 times or more, it is equivalent to 3 times the husband and the wife have divorced. But if a woman wants to divorce, she has to go to Sharia court to seek divorce under approval of a Shari'i and it depends when the Shari'i wants to approve.
    -Mo rode a buraq to go to Jerusalem and the 7th sky and met God, which is a pure fairytale.
    -Stoning adultery to death
    -Circumcision
    -Must use right hand to eat
    - Mo splitted moon, which is a pure fairytale
    -Men can have coitus interruptus with prisoners of wars
    -Music is considred haram.
    -Unrelated men and women cannot touch each others' skins at all and cannot shake hands.
    -Using rationality is forbidden
    -Black dogs must be killed
    -3 things that annul prayer when pass through in front of praying men are women, dogs and donkeys.
    -Mo gouged people's eyes.

Leaving Quranism:
    - Women (wives) are cultivations of their husbands. Verse that says this considers women as birth machines.
    - Lash adulterers and adultresses 100 times.
    - Establish "God's Law"
    - Quranists do not have clear proofs that "ma malakat aymanukum" does not mean "your slaves".
    - Even in the Quran, women are nothing but properties of men. Because the Quran often addresses men only and makes women as 3rd persons.
    - Polygamy
    - Aerobic salat
    - If Ramadan falls during summer, people in Northern Hemisphere must fast much more than people in Equator and Southern Hemisphere.
    -24:30-31, men must only keep covered their private parts while women must also cover their beauties except that are ordinary to appear (vague and I am tired of interpreting it to suit my views on dress code when I was a Quranist), the same goes to 33:59.
    - Mo can marry women who he liked according to a verse 33:50
    - A prophet told pagans to kill themselves. Later the pagans's lives were eliminated.
    - All disbelievers are going.to.be punished in hell.eternally
    - God sealed peoples' hearts
    - God guides whom he wants and misguides whom he wants
    -Those who.disbelieve will be increased in disbelief

Religions + Politics = Problem
     Reply #24 - September 30, 2014, 04:33 PM

i have recently lost my faith. it happened after long struggle and fight with myself. i was born and raised in Islamic country and feed the information by my parents and society that no one but a muslim is clean and "holy". islam's teaching mainly are what one cant do and can do to please the creator. even if the endless contradictions in the quran about women and human rights (only muslims are considered humans btw) are left aside. thw basic problem that i have with "GOD" is that "why doesnt he love everyone the same". if according to islam human can only do what HE wants why would he punish anyone for not being supposedly good. its like GOD is a stubborn kid who would do whatever HE wants.     

reasons: why i lost faith

brutality: the cruel history of muslims is a big question and it cant be denied that muslims have fought each other i.e. abu bakr killed muslims that werent payin taxes
    4rth khalifa Ali and Wife of muhammad Ayesha were on opposite ends of a war
    any non muslim who did not convert was killed

inequality:  moto of muslims that "all human are same" is totally declined by their practices and actions
    only muslims are considered clean and holy. any non muslim can be killed if the have an opinion against islam
    women are only meant to follow, the cant be leaders or even equal
    homosexuality is a death able offence: it does not matter that GOD created  them like that (if there is one)

No questions asked: people have to accept islam as it is. you cant have an opinion, if u dare question the acts, sayings or actions of "ALLAH", Prophet or his companions you are automatically labeled as KAFIR.

religion is static in this progressing world. if you except me follow 14th century rules in 2014, i can only laugh at you. n yeah im not suppose to drink or have sex before marriage welcome to 1400s..  haha
     Reply #25 - September 30, 2014, 04:44 PM

i have recently lost my faith. it happened after long struggle and fight with myself. i was born and raised in Islamic country and feed the information by my parents and society that no one but a muslim is clean and "holy". islam's teaching mainly are what one cant do and can do to please the creator. even if the endless contradictions in the quran about women and human rights (only muslims are considered humans btw) are left aside. thw basic problem that i have with "GOD" is that "why doesnt he love everyone the same". if according to islam human can only do what HE wants why would he punish anyone for not being supposedly good. its like GOD is a stubborn kid who would do whatever HE wants.    

Hello muhammadali.. .. Muhammad and Ali... alleged Prophet of Islam and  his alleged son-in law together.. what a name ...

Funny I never read anything., not even a word "Ali" in Quran.. I wonder why??

well welcome to CEMB  And your nick sounds like your real name.,  Usually in website like this all of us have some nick names., So if it is your nick name that is fine but if it is real name .. some times it may get you in to troubles muhammadali .,

Anyways we all know that this god thing is a human creation., and most of these ancestors from different cultures created this god thing in their own image .. So some of them are indeed childish..

with best wishes
    yeezevee

Do not let silence become your legacy.. Question everything   
    I renounced my faith to become a kafir, 
    the beloved betrayed me and turned in to  a Muslim

Reply #26 - October 24, 2014, 11:01 AM

Interesting I have written up four pages as to why I don't believe in Islam, but that document will continue to increase in size Wink
    Inshalllah

"I Knew who I was this morning, but I've changed a few times since then." Alice in wonderland

"This is the only heaven we have how dare you make it a hell" Dr Marlene Winell
     Reply #27 - October 24, 2014, 08:49 PM

Im not a Muslim. In fact i knew not much about the religion until 1.5 year ago. But i had a boyfriend who is Muslim, so for more than a year i tried to see the beauty in it. I read Quran, i read hadith. I totally absorbed everything, and at the end i had one conclusion: Quran is full of violence against every human being who doesnt follow Islam and the rules of Allah. It's a religion totally based on fear. The  fear of Allah and his judgement  makes people blind and stops them from thinking for their own. It's a religion were there are only priviliges for Muslim men. But for women theres nothing. Even in  Paradise men get everlasting erections, hooris, sex power for 100 and all the shit more. And what do i get? Rivers full of milk, material shit like silk clothes and jewelery and a never dry vagina to please my hubby.  And ofcourse i get only one man, cause it's not in womens nature to love other men beside her hubby. And to make it all easier Allah removed all emotions like anger and jelousy, so that it's legal for my hubby to fuck around while i will problably  be busy with  the cooking and the laundry.

So for me the question was not about leaving Islam, but about converting into Islam.
    Hell no!!! Never

Doubts, I am glad you read the Quran and Hadiths and you absorbed everything. You informed yourself on your own, independently. Most who convert to Islam, do not read the Islamic holy books. They are easily misled by Muslims. Also, they believe the politically correct statements spewed out by our left leaning pseudo-intellectuals, “Islam is religion of peace” or “the terrorists are not really Muslims.”

वासुदैव कुटुम्बकम्
    Entire World is One Family
    سارا سنسار ايک پريوار ہے
     Reply #28 - October 27, 2014, 12:23 AM

Thank you Ram. Yes first i was misled too, by the beautiful stories which were told to me. Till i started to search and think for my own, cause i couldnt accept the fact that i just had to have faith. I had many questions but never got answers. Thats the will of Allah, we don't question that, was the standard answer i got.
    And i just couldn't accept that. And when i started reading more and more, i saw a totally other side. I read critical articles, i searched on internet.  And it realy didn't match with the stories my boyfriend always told me. He made Islam nicer than it is. When i discussed parts of the Quran or Hadith, i always saw it wrong. My interpretation was never right. There was no violence, women have rights, etc etc. A There was no discussion possible. I went astray and Allah had covered my eyes.
    Well, i can live with that.

And yes, i heared that statements all.

For god and money devils fight
    Religion holds a beast inside

Racoon
     Reply #29 - November 12, 2014, 02:05 PM

it happened to me gradually. First i left hadith and all sectarian islam, and eventually i let go the Quran. which makes me a non-believer of any religion. but now i hardly can believe in any divine beings which makes me an agnostic atheist.

but who knows maybe someday i'll embrace to some kind of spirituality thingy  Roll Eyes
  • 12 3 4 Next page « Previous thread | Next thread »