Skip navigation
Sidebar -

Advanced search options →

Welcome

Welcome to CEMB forum.
Please login or register. Did you miss your activation email?

Donations

Help keep the Forum going!
Click on Kitty to donate:

Kitty is lost

Recent Posts

Qur'anic studies today
April 23, 2024, 06:50 AM

Do humans have needed kno...
April 20, 2024, 12:02 PM

Lights on the way
by akay
April 19, 2024, 04:40 PM

اضواء على الطريق ....... ...
by akay
April 19, 2024, 12:50 PM

Do humans have needed kno...
April 19, 2024, 04:17 AM

What's happened to the fo...
by zeca
April 18, 2024, 06:39 PM

New Britain
April 18, 2024, 05:41 PM

Iran launches drones
April 13, 2024, 09:56 PM

عيد مبارك للجميع! ^_^
by akay
April 12, 2024, 04:01 PM

Eid-Al-Fitr
by akay
April 12, 2024, 12:06 PM

Mock Them and Move on., ...
January 30, 2024, 10:44 AM

Pro Israel or Pro Palesti...
January 29, 2024, 01:53 PM

Theme Changer

Topic: Personal blog.

(Read 14024 times)
  • Previous page 1 2« Previous thread | Next thread »
  • Personal blog.
     Reply #30 - October 07, 2014, 04:09 AM

'Prettier and wittier'. I like that. Almost something that the big man would have come out with himself.

I've never read War and Peace. I will do now. Once I get a year to spare.

Edit: sorry for invading hash brown.
    Edit 2: I should have said 'sorry for invading, hash brown'. I never actually invaded you. Just your thread. Anyways, I won't do either again.

Hi
  • Personal blog.
     Reply #31 - October 07, 2014, 06:02 PM

Grin I know, it's pretty long, and some people say full of unnecessary detail, but I love it. It's definitely worth it to read it at least once! It remains the first and only book that ever made me cry.  mysmilie_977

Also, yes, sorry, hash brown!
  • Personal blog.
     Reply #32 - October 07, 2014, 07:00 PM

Ok I'll read it.

Sorry again

Hi
  • Personal blog.
     Reply #33 - October 07, 2014, 09:26 PM

Why are you apologising? I'm sharing a thread, you can talk about hippos with anorexia if you want.

Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. - Terry Pratchett
  • Personal blog.
     Reply #34 - October 07, 2014, 09:30 PM

Why does your blog has such a dark background?
    Im unable to read on my Galaxy.
  • Personal blog.
     Reply #35 - October 07, 2014, 09:34 PM

Why are you apologising? I'm sharing a thread, you can talk about hippos with anorexia if you want.

Lol, thanks.

If you do get sick of us invading, you can always intercede by posting poetry more regularly?

Hi
  • Personal blog.
     Reply #36 - October 07, 2014, 09:34 PM

Why does your blog has such a dark background?
    Im unable to read on my Galaxy.

My galaxy struggles also with it

Hi
  • Personal blog.
     Reply #37 - October 07, 2014, 11:04 PM

i will lighten up the background.

Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. - Terry Pratchett
  • Personal blog.
     Reply #38 - November 01, 2014, 02:18 PM

Two new parts to the dashing bastard stories. I think I may have finally caught the mood I wanted in chapter 5.
    http://hashbrowntheillusionist.wordpress.com/

• Personal blog.
     Reply #39 - November 01, 2014, 04:33 PM

Hey, your background is still dark :( That's a stark contrast to your lovely and bright talent for writing, thankfully.

That's the first time I've caught Dashing Bastard. For some reason, I thought you only did poetry. I loved chapter five (dying walrus eh? I'm more of a suffocating penguin, but you don't want to know that). I followed it with Chapter 4.  If I'm lucky, I'll locate the first three chapters and actually read them in sequential order Smiley

I love your work. I love the mood you finally found for Chapter 5. Please keep writing, and keep sharing.

Hi
  • Personal blog.
     Reply #40 - November 01, 2014, 05:10 PM

Thank you that means a lot to me. Sorry for some of the grammatical errors I will fix them. The background is officially lighter.

• Personal blog.
     Reply #41 - November 01, 2014, 06:57 PM

Ah, much better background, hashbrown! You have an interesting way of writing. You keep it short and moving quickly, but you're excellent at injecting very descriptive imagery to keep it alive and interesting. Like musivore said, keep writing!  yes
  • Personal blog.
     Reply #42 - November 04, 2014, 07:37 PM

http://hashbrowntheillusionist.wordpress.com/. Here we go part 6.
    I have an idea, to help me with my science revision and maybe help others it is, to make a blog or article covering A level topics from the AQA exam boards. Any suggestions would be helpful.

• Personal blog.
     Reply #43 - November 05, 2014, 11:11 PM

Very intriguing stuff Hashtag Brown. I can't wait for the next bit. I fancy Alice. Will she turn out to be as naughty as I'm hoping she might?

I'm amazed at how quickly you wrote that. You're in a creative mood. Take advantage, and continue the roll?

Perhaps because you wrote it so quickly, there are more grammatical errors than normal? The bits around this paragraph definitely need looking at:
     'I took put the guitar into the guitar case with gun the gun and headed out the door...'

Plus, I'm not sure about you using the word 'fishy' twice in such close proximity? Can you find a non-slang synonym for one them? And is it ok for the narrator to address the reader directly, as does at one stage, in the bit where you mention comics? If this fits in with what you've done the first three chapters, then fine. Otherwise it's a bit disconcerting for the reader that the story is broken for a moment of small-talk.

Where can I find chapters 1-3?

Hi
  • Personal blog.
     Reply #44 - November 06, 2014, 05:01 AM

Thank you very much, musivore your input is exactly what I look for  Smiley. I will fix the grammatical errors. As for breaking the fourth wall, he does do that before, fore I originally had the idea for this to be a fictional account or blog, but I do try not to do it so much but I can imagine how it could be disconcerting for the readers. As for the fishy, the repetition was used for a effect, but I do try not to use the same words twice.

And as for your inquiry, I'm afraid you will have to scroll all the way to the bottom.

• Personal blog.
     Reply #45 - November 06, 2014, 11:11 AM

Thanks for clearing that up Hashish.

And thanks for telling me to scroll down to find it. Who'd have thought it, just by scrolling down from 6 to 5 to 4, and then continuing in the same direction, I'd find 3 and then 2 and even 1??? I'm such an idiot, it's a wonder that I am still alive.

Hi
  • Personal blog.
     Reply #46 - November 06, 2014, 02:44 PM

One more thing mate, download 'Everybody Down' by Kate Tempest. Your storytelling reminds me a lot of hers, and you may learn a bit from her?.

She is an ace poet from your London, who recently turned her attention to music. She very nearly won the Mercury music prize for that album. I am currently completely obsessed by her.

Hi
  • Personal blog.
     Reply #47 - November 06, 2014, 06:07 PM

Coolio mate.

• Personal blog.
     Reply #48 - November 22, 2014, 12:18 AM

http://poemsthatcanmakeyouhate.wordpress.com/
    A short little fairy tale poem.

• Personal blog.
     Reply #49 - January 24, 2015, 10:04 PM

It's been a while. I haven't posted any Dashing bastard stories, but for college I have been writing articles, so I thought it would be cool to post them.
    Also to help with my revision, I converted my notes into hopefully entertaining and helpful blogs for A levels.

https://opinionsthoughtsandbullshit.wordpress.com/ (Articles)

https://physicsblogger101.wordpress.com/ (Physics notes)

https://wordpress.com/stats/biologynotesforme.wordpress.com  (Biology notes)

• Personal blog.
     Reply #50 - January 24, 2015, 11:18 PM

Ohh, when I'll have more time I'll have to check them out. Hope you're doing well, Hash Brown! Glad to see you back.
  • Personal blog.
     Reply #51 - January 25, 2015, 07:33 AM

Hey Hash Brown, long time no see man!  grin12

And your bucket list is rather cheerful and optimistic. Tongue

how fuck works without shit??

Let's Play Chess!

harakaat, friend, RIP
  • Personal blog.
     Reply #52 - February 19, 2015, 12:10 AM

So I finally found some time to write some poetry, thank you long bus rides.

https://poemsthatcanmakeyouhate.wordpress.com/2015/02/19/a-mutual-feeling/

https://poemsthatcanmakeyouhate.wordpress.com/2015/02/19/you-deserve-honesty/

https://poemsthatcanmakeyouhate.wordpress.com/2015/02/19/be-nice/

• Previous page 1 2« Previous thread | Next thread »