Skip navigation
Sidebar -

Advanced search options →

Welcome

Welcome to CEMB forum.
Please login or register. Did you miss your activation email?

Donations

Help keep the Forum going!
Click on Kitty to donate:

Kitty is lost

Recent Posts

Qur'anic studies today
April 23, 2024, 06:50 AM

Do humans have needed kno...
April 20, 2024, 12:02 PM

Lights on the way
by akay
April 19, 2024, 04:40 PM

اضواء على الطريق ....... ...
by akay
April 19, 2024, 12:50 PM

Do humans have needed kno...
April 19, 2024, 04:17 AM

What's happened to the fo...
by zeca
April 18, 2024, 06:39 PM

New Britain
April 18, 2024, 05:41 PM

Iran launches drones
April 13, 2024, 09:56 PM

عيد مبارك للجميع! ^_^
by akay
April 12, 2024, 04:01 PM

Eid-Al-Fitr
by akay
April 12, 2024, 12:06 PM

Mock Them and Move on., ...
January 30, 2024, 10:44 AM

Pro Israel or Pro Palesti...
January 29, 2024, 01:53 PM

Theme Changer

Topic: James Foley beheading and London Connection..

(Read 5783 times)
  • 1« Previous thread | Next thread »
  • James Foley beheading and London Connection..
     OP - August 24, 2014, 04:50 PM

James Foley beheading: London rapper turned jihadist believed to be under investigation for murder of journalist in Syria says that independent.co.uk news paper

A former rapper fighting with the Islamic State (Isis) in Syria is believed to be one of several British jihadists under investigation following the beheading of James Foley. Abdel-Majed Abdel Bary, 24, was known as L Jinny or Lyricist Jinn at home in London, where his rising music career saw him appear in videos and have his singles played on BBC Radio in 2012.

He came to national attention earlier this year, when he posted a picture of himself holding a severed head on Twitter after resurfacing in Syria. The gruesome picture, believed to have been taken in the Isis stronghold of Raqqa, was captioned: “Chillin’ with my homie or what’s left of him.” Bary reportedly travelled to the country last year from Maida Vale, west London, where he lived with his mother and five siblings.

His father Adel Abdul Bary, an Egyptian refugee thought to be one of Osama Bin Laden’s closes lieutenants, was extradited from Britain to the United States on charges of terrorism in 2012 for his alleged roles in the bombings of two US embassies in east Africa in 1998.  His family is frequently mentioned in rap songs that are still floating around the internet, with many people, unaware of L Jinny’s macabre transformation, praising his lyrics.

In early songs put online in 2012, Bary makes apparent reference to drug use, violence and life on a council estate and talks about the threat of his family being deported to Egypt.  “It’s hard to progress in the future with a damaged past but still I try to count my blessings and I thank Allah,” he rapped in 2012.

“I’m trying to change my ways but there’s blood on my hands and I can’t change my ways until there's funds in the bank. “I can’t differentiate the angels from the demons, my heart’s disintegrating. I ain't got normal feelings.

“Even my life’s blessed, still I will not find rest.”

In later songs, apparent references to cannabis (“roll up and watch the leaves ignite”) stop and are replaced with tirades against people who choose to spend their money clubbing, drinking and on drugs rather than feeding their families

The most recent video, which was posted on YouTube in March this year, is called “The Beginning”.

“Give me the pride and the honour like my father, I swear the day they came and took my dad, I could have killed a cop or two,” Bary raps Previous posts mentioned Abu Hussein al Britani, a fellow Isis militant who has uploaded pictures of himself on Twitter with guns in Syria.

He and associate Abu Abdullah al-Britani were seen offering travel advice to would-be jihadists online earlier this year. Police are believed to be preparing for raids on several homes across Britain in efforts to trace “jihadi John” but a spokesperson for the Counter Terrorism Unit at Scotland Yard would not confirm the identities of any suspects.

well that is the news..  and here is his English Quran.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T94OXemNDcc

after all Quran is nothing more than Lyrics in Arabic language..  WELL HE IS ONLY UNDER INVESTIGATION..  Off course he is living in ISIS land..

Do not let silence become your legacy.. Question everything   
    I renounced my faith to become a kafir, 
    the beloved betrayed me and turned in to  a Muslim

Reply #1 - August 24, 2014, 04:57 PM

Damn The Fool wrote lots of lyrics.. https://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=L+Jinny+

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bqOr1GY-JEk

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y6MN9U2JCrE

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y96uXMN6MsM

Strange ..  I guess Human  Brain is the most  complex  ssytem that ever evolved on this earth..

why such smart kids end up like this... 

Reply #2 - August 24, 2014, 04:58 PM

My mind runs, I can never catch it even if I get a head start.
     Reply #3 - August 24, 2014, 05:04 PM

Qtian  posts BLANKS. I ask you why Qtian??

James Foley's Killer 'Identified By Security Services'  says news from .huffingtonpost.co.uk

Security services close to identifying jihadi killer of James Foley says  the guardian.com

Reply #4 - August 24, 2014, 05:08 PM

Decided to not post what I was going to post.

Reply #5 - August 24, 2014, 05:09 PM

It's astonishing to see how religion and other people's twisted influence can turn a human into a monster.

Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. - Terry Pratchett
     Reply #6 - August 24, 2014, 05:10 PM

My friend used to love this guys tunes lol, he was always making me listen to them.

Reply #7 - August 24, 2014, 05:13 PM

Really? I found his flow to be broken.

Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. - Terry Pratchett
     Reply #8 - August 24, 2014, 05:13 PM

Decided to not post what I was going to post.

common  Qtian I am of the opinion you are one of the smart guys of CEMB..

Analyze the brain of that kid who wrote lyrics from the age of 14 and appears to be successful but by the time he turns 23 he end up beheading a guy WHO ABSOLUTELY  DONE NO HARM TO HIM.

common analyze that brain..

Reply #9 - August 24, 2014, 05:14 PM

Yeah but when we were kids anyone "spitting hard bars" was a good rapper lol.
    I still think that he's a decent rapper, not great though but not bad by any means.

Reply #10 - August 24, 2014, 05:18 PM

Yeah but when we were kids anyone "spitting hard bars" was a good rapper lol.
    I still think that he's a decent rapper, not great though but not bad by any means.

yes he is a  decent rapper.. writes pretty good lyrics..  It is unfortunate he didn't had some one to guide him away from bull shit in Islam..

Reply #11 - August 24, 2014, 05:20 PM

The area where he is from isn't too great either (just saying, I'm not trying to draw a causal link between that & his current actions)

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-london-15126415

Reply #12 - August 24, 2014, 05:43 PM

common analyze that brain..

Some sort of paradigmatic shift which left him more vulnerable to recruitment by those who promote the islamist (IS) narrative?
    A person whose locus of control was strongly influenced by his views on Islam?

The details of said shift are something which I cannot comment on due to lack of knowledge.

Anyways, I'm done playing personality psychologist Tongue

Reply #13 - August 24, 2014, 06:28 PM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3F_L3w38hhU

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cT1YDIV4lGE

Reply #14 - August 24, 2014, 09:10 PM

The area where he is from isn't too great either

Maida Vale is a great area. If I was still in London I would love to live there, but couldn't afford to buy and wouldn't get housed.

(Queens Park isn't exactly mean streets either.)
     Reply #15 - August 24, 2014, 09:15 PM

Maida Vale isn't always great. It's actually located in a part of Westminister where there is a lot of tension between different gangs from the surrounding estates which occasionally spills over. I'm not too sure why he talks about being from the mozart estate whilst reports indicate (or don't mention it at all) otherwise.
    House prices & nice scenery sometimes paint a picture which doesn't tell the full story as many of the run down estates have been knocked down & rebuilt to look pretty- gentrification one may say... such as what is happening with Brixton.
    Another example crime that is not historically characteristic of the immediate area would be Islington.

However, what I really meant when I said that the area that he's from is "bad" was that the mozart estate isn't a great place.
    It was my fault for conflating a specific estate with Maida Vale.

Anyways, I don't know much about him except what the reports & his music have indicated.

Reply #16 - August 24, 2014, 09:26 PM

guys.. guys..  THAT FOOL  IS   IS IN SYRIA/IRAQ  BUT HE IS    STILL ONLY UNDER INVESTIGATION..  they are not certain that he was the brute...

Reply #17 - August 24, 2014, 09:31 PM

Indeed

Reply #18 - August 24, 2014, 09:55 PM

Maida Vale isn't all great.

Nowhere in London is all great, that's the beauty of the city. Rich and poor live in the same neighbourhoods. Better that than banlieu segregation in the French style.

Maida Vale, Notting Hill, Chelsea, Fulham all have 'rough' estates. And legions of people who would love to live in them if only they could.
     Reply #19 - August 24, 2014, 10:02 PM

Maida Vale is a great spot. Little Venice is lovely too. yeah, rough council estates cheek by jowl with posh streets but that's London.

this little scumbag had a good life. the UK gave him everything, even though he's the son of a man facing  charges of participating in the terrorist murder of hundreds in the east African bombings. Fuck him and all that he represents.

"we can smell traitors and country haters"

God is Love.
    Love is Blind. Stevie Wonder is blind. Therefore, Stevie Wonder is God.

Reply #20 - August 24, 2014, 10:13 PM

Nowhere in London is all great, that's the beauty of the city. Rich and poor live in the same neighbourhoods. Better that than banlieu segregation in the French style.
    Maida Vale, Notting Hill, Chelsea, Fulham all have 'rough' estates. And legions of people who would love to live in them if only they could.

Maida Vale is a great spot. Little Venice is lovely too. yeah, rough council estates cheek by jowl with posh streets but that's London.
    this little scumbag had a good life. the UK gave him everything, even though he's the son of a man facing  charges of participating in the terrorist murder of hundreds in the east African bombings. Fuck him and all that he represents.

I agree.

Reply #21 - August 24, 2014, 10:16 PM

I'm sure we could find someone who'd be happy to behead him. Smiley

Devious, treacherous, murderous, neanderthal, sub-human of the West. bunny
     Reply #22 - August 24, 2014, 10:17 PM

What parts of London have you guys lived in, if you don't mind me asking?

Reply #23 - August 26, 2014, 12:07 PM

Fulham, Battersea, Hammersmith, Shepherd's Bush, Notting Hill.

Not exactly casting the net wide, I admit.
     Reply #24 - August 26, 2014, 12:09 PM

James Foley sent memorised letter home via released hostage  says news

Dear Family and Friends,

I remember going to the Mall with Dad, a very long bike ride with Mom. I remember so many great family times that take me away from this prison. Dreams of family and friends take me away and happiness fills my heart.

I know you are thinking of me and praying for me. And I am so thankful. I feel you all especially when I pray. I pray for you to stay strong and to believe. I really feel I can touch you even in this darkness when I pray.

Eighteen of us have been held together in one cell, which has helped me. We have had each other to have endless long conversations about movies, trivia, sports. We have played games made up of scraps found in our cell… we have found ways to play checkers, Chess, and Risk… and have had tournaments of competition, spending some days preparing strategies for the next day's game or lecture. The games and teaching each other have helped the time pass. They have been a huge help. We repeat stories and laugh to break the tension.

I have had weak and strong days. We are so grateful when anyone is freed; but of course, yearn for our own freedom. We try to encourage each other and share strength. We are being fed better now and daily. We have tea, occasional coffee. I have regained most of my weight lost last year.

I think a lot about my brothers and sister. I remember playing Werewolf in the dark with Michael and so many other adventures. I think of chasing Mattie and T around the kitchen counter. It makes me happy to think of them. If there is any money left in my bank account, I want it to go to Michael and Matthew. I am so proud of you, Michael and thankful to you for happy childhood memories and to you and Kristie for happy adult ones.

And big John, how I enjoyed visiting you and Cress in Germany. Thank you for welcoming me. I think a lot about RoRo and try to imagine what Jack is like. I hope he has RoRo's personality!

And Mark… so proud of you too Bro. I think of you on the West coast and hope you are doing some snowboarding and camping, I especially remember us going to the Comedy Club in Boston together and our big hug after. The special moments keep me hopeful.

Katie, so very proud of you. You are the strongest and best of us all!! I think of you working so hard, helping people as a nurse. I am so glad we texted just before I was captured. I pray I can come to your wedding…. now I am sounding like Grammy!!

Grammy, please take your medicine, take walks and keep dancing. I plan to take you out to Margarita's when I get home. Stay strong because I am going to need your help to reclaim my life.

Jim

ha!   Grammy, please take your medicine, take walks and keep dancing.  ....

that is the letter.....

Reply #25 - August 26, 2014, 03:03 PM

I watched the video and I can't get it out of my head.

Reply #26 - August 26, 2014, 03:27 PM

Fulham, Battersea, Hammersmith, Shepherd's Bush, Notting Hill.

Not exactly casting the net wide, I admit.

fair enough. Im from north London but I've lived all over-except south.

Reply #27 - August 26, 2014, 04:09 PM

I lived in Finsbury Park, Tufnell Park,  Ladbroke Grove and Little Venice for a short time.

"we can smell traitors and country haters"

God is Love.
    Love is Blind. Stevie Wonder is blind. Therefore, Stevie Wonder is God.

Reply #28 - August 26, 2014, 04:21 PM

I watched the video and I can't get it out of my head.

I watched it too. Its horrible. Even though it cuts out. And I was wondering why the executioner had a British accent.
     Reply #29 - August 26, 2014, 04:31 PM

Born and bred in Hackney, now in Kent.
  • 1« Previous thread | Next thread »