Skip navigation
Sidebar -

Advanced search options →

Welcome

Welcome to CEMB forum.
Please login or register. Did you miss your activation email?

Donations

Help keep the Forum going!
Click on Kitty to donate:

Kitty is lost

Recent Posts

Lights on the way
by akay
Today at 04:40 PM

Qur'anic studies today
by zeca
Today at 02:45 PM

اضواء على الطريق ....... ...
by akay
Today at 12:50 PM

Do humans have needed kno...
Today at 04:17 AM

What's happened to the fo...
by zeca
Yesterday at 06:39 PM

New Britain
Yesterday at 05:41 PM

Do humans have needed kno...
Yesterday at 05:47 AM

Iran launches drones
April 13, 2024, 09:56 PM

عيد مبارك للجميع! ^_^
by akay
April 12, 2024, 04:01 PM

Eid-Al-Fitr
by akay
April 12, 2024, 12:06 PM

Mock Them and Move on., ...
January 30, 2024, 10:44 AM

Pro Israel or Pro Palesti...
January 29, 2024, 01:53 PM

Theme Changer

Topic: St. Louis Shooting

(Read 3024 times)
  • 1« Previous thread | Next thread »
  • St. Louis Shooting
     OP - August 22, 2014, 05:05 PM

Witness catches video of cops shooting a man on camera.

here is the video.

[TRIGGER WARNING: VIOLENCE ]

http://thefreethoughtproject.com/cell-phone-video-emerges-refutes-st-louis-cops-version-shooting/

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j-P54MZVxMU&bpctr=1408728892

In my opinion a life without curiosity is not a life worth living
  • St. Louis Shooting
     Reply #1 - August 22, 2014, 05:55 PM

Well I think they forgot to count the warning shots fired by the German police in 2012 in the above meme which would more than double that number. But as an US guy told me warning shots kill innocent people so it is unprofessional to fire such and neither I nor the German police know anything about guns because we are not 'Muricans.

Danish Never-Moose adopted by the kind people on the CEMB-forum
    Ex-Muslim chat (Unaffliated with CEMB). Safari users: Use "#ex-muslims" as the channel name. CEMB chat thread.
  • St. Louis Shooting
     Reply #2 - August 22, 2014, 07:43 PM

I get that when you're in the moment, you might react the wrong way, but this is too much too often. The first reaction from bystanders shouldn't be "Oh, here we go, again."

Not only does the style of training for officers here need some serious revamping, we should expect more from the people that we hire. If you don't have the ability to keep some sort of control over yourself under this kind of pressure, you have no business carrying a gun. Turn your badges in and work a desk job where you're not going to destroy your life and others'.
  • St. Louis Shooting
     Reply #3 - August 22, 2014, 11:38 PM

Uh...What? I keep hoping that the U.S. police isn't as bad as people claim but it seems they might very well be up there with their Egyptian counterparts.

أشهد أن لا إله
  • St. Louis Shooting
     Reply #4 - August 22, 2014, 11:55 PM

It's not like a bloodbath over here by any means, but there are very real issues with police brutality. The system needs to be fixed. We need to rethink how we train officers, and we need to demand accountability for excessive force. It may not be happening all the time all over the place, but it is happening more often than it should be.
  • St. Louis Shooting
     Reply #5 - August 23, 2014, 08:46 AM

RELEASE US - a short film on police brutality by Charles Shaw (feat. Random Rab)
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nKt2Mhk73J4

Too fucking busy, and vice versa.
  • St. Louis Shooting
     Reply #6 - August 23, 2014, 12:51 PM

I know that there was a police shooting as a start to the London riots, but is this true?
    http://www.economist.com/news/united-states/21613272-police-missouri-suburb-demonstrate-how-not-quell-riot-overkill

0 for Britain
  • St. Louis Shooting
     Reply #7 - August 23, 2014, 03:36 PM

I couldn't say if that's true or not, but it doesn't seem wrong.

One thing I do want to note is that some of those shootings were probably justified. There are instances where lethal force is the best option, and unfortunately such a high number has roots in the American fascination with violence/guns and the availability of weapons to the general public, along with other larger issues. Somewhat unfairly in my opinion, Japan is up on that graphic, where the gun laws and the crime rates in that country makes them leaps and bounds ahead of us, and it's my understanding that the occasion rarely arises for the violence you see here.

Still, too many of those are going to be shows of excessive force.
  • St. Louis Shooting
     Reply #8 - August 23, 2014, 03:57 PM

I imagine it's a different perspective of what constitutes justified use of lethal force in America, since America has already surrendered so much ground to the police. A certain amount of murder by cop is normalised there. And there is no real will to change that status quo.

One thing I respect about the British police is that they manage to do the same job without firearms. They apprehend violent criminals, often armed criminals, without killing them. They didn't even kill the murderers of Lee Rigby. Here you have two armed psychopaths charging at the police, still with the blood of the man they had beheaded on their hands, and police still only shot to incapacitate. One of the officers used her taser instead of the firearm she had. American cops would have emptied their magazines, no question. And Americans would have said, yes, that was acceptable use of force.

• St. Louis Shooting
     Reply #9 - August 23, 2014, 04:07 PM

Yeah, that's true. I guess when I think about those instances, it's not completely clear to me what would or would not be feasible to do as an officer in that situation. I'd imagine there must be necessary shootings, or perhaps that's just lack of imagination on my part.

Still, you're right, that's the thing that really needs to change about how we train officers. There's this shoot first and check his pockets later mentality that's way too widespread, and it should be subdue whenever possible instead of kill. An officer's safety shouldn't be the top priority above the life of the citizens. But that's how it is here, it seems.
  • St. Louis Shooting
     Reply #10 - August 24, 2014, 06:55 AM

Hey looks like there's going to be an overhaul of this military-hardware-to-cops thing.

Review of police use of military hardware

US president Barack Obama has ordered an investigation into whether it is "appropriate" for the military to sell battle-grade hardware to local police, a senior US official says.

The order follows widespread criticism of local authorities' use of military gear in Ferguson, Missouri after the fatal shooting of unarmed black teenager Michael Brown by a white police officer.

Images of police wielding military-style guns and armour during clashes with protesters have shocked many American lawmakers and civil rights groups.

The official said Mr Obama "has directed a review of federal programs and funding that enable state and local law enforcement to purchase military equipment".

The review will consider "whether these programs are appropriate", whether training with the equipment is sufficient, and whether there is enough federal oversight of the gear's use.

This part is odd:

Key concerns include a clause in the program that requires police to use the equipment within a year, something the American Civil Liberties Union argues may give police forces an incentive to use the equipment in inappropriate situations.

I can see that leading to all sorts of trouble. "Hey Bubba, we better use that RPG they gave us!"

Devious, treacherous, murderous, neanderthal, sub-human of the West. bunny
  • St. Louis Shooting
     Reply #11 - August 24, 2014, 01:47 PM

That's a step in the right direction, I guess.

That is a really weird clause. What was the benefit to it in the first place?  wacko
  • St. Louis Shooting
     Reply #12 - August 24, 2014, 02:17 PM

^

So the assault rifles don't gather dust in the storage rooms ?

In my opinion a life without curiosity is not a life worth living
  • St. Louis Shooting
     Reply #13 - August 24, 2014, 04:44 PM

To make sure that they function properly? but that can be done within a controlled environment...

I don't understand the US.

My mind runs, I can never catch it even if I get a head start.
  • St. Louis Shooting
     Reply #14 - August 24, 2014, 06:00 PM

I think "use" isn't quite what we're thinking here, but the clause is still troubling nonetheless.

how fuck works without shit??

Let's Play Chess!

harakaat, friend, RIP
  • St. Louis Shooting
     Reply #15 - August 24, 2014, 06:03 PM

Yeah

My mind runs, I can never catch it even if I get a head start.
  • St. Louis Shooting
     Reply #16 - September 25, 2014, 05:37 PM

Meanwhile...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-XFYTtgZAlE

• St. Louis Shooting
     Reply #17 - September 25, 2014, 06:04 PM

Hmmm ..........................HAIL AMRIKA...............

http://rt.com/usa/190636-trooper-groubert-jones-shooting/

Five days after being fired from the South Carolina Highway Patrol for shooting an unarmed man several times during a traffic stop, former cop Sean Groubert was arrested in the city of Columbia on Wednesday and charged with a felony.  Groubert, 31, now faces two decades in prison if he’s found guilty of assault and battery of a high and aggravated nature; he was released from custody late Wednesday on $75,000 bond, but not before the public was provided with dash-cam footage from the Sept. 4 shooting that sent Levar Jones to an area hospital.

The three-minute-long video recording — first played at Wednesday’s bond hearing and then published online by The State newspaper — shows Groubert trailing a pickup truck earlier this month in his cruiser for a few seconds before he initiates a traffic stop over a supposed seat belt violation and pulls up behind the vehicle at a local gas station

ones, the driver, is shown exiting the vehicle near a gas pump and being asked by Groubert for his license, Jones reaches into his back pocket briefly and then turns back towards the cab of the pickup where he says he was looking for his ID.

Groubert fired four shots at Jones as the man attempted to produce his identification as requested, and one of the bullets struck the man’s hip.

"What did I do, sir?" Jones is heard asking repeatedly. "I don't know what happened," Jones says in the video. "I just grabbed my license."

"Sir, why was I shot? All I did was reach for my license. I'm coming from work."

The South Carolina Department of Public Safety announced on Sept. 19 that “Groubert’s actions rose to such an extent that his employment with us must be terminated.” Up until then, Groubert’s rank with the state troopers was that of lance corporal.

“While Mr. Groubert was within the law to stop Mr. Jones for a safety belt violation, the force administered in this case was unwarranted, inconsistent with how our troopers are trained and clearly in violation of Department policies,” SCDPS Director Leroy Smith said in a statement then. Neither charges nor the release of the video were announced until Wednesday this week, however — 20 days after the shooting.

According to WIS news, Jones has only released one statement publically since being shot.

“I know that the community has questions and people are interested in what and why this happened to me. I think God everyday that I am here with a story to tell and hope my situation can make a chance. My recovery is coming [along] well, and hope this situation can make a change, not just here at home in South Carolina, but coast-to-coast,” Jones told the network earlier this month.]Five days after being fired from the South Carolina Highway Patrol for shooting an unarmed man several times during a traffic stop, former cop Sean Groubert was arrested in the city of Columbia on Wednesday and charged with a felony.  Groubert, 31, now faces two decades in prison if he’s found guilty of assault and battery of a high and aggravated nature; he was released from custody late Wednesday on $75,000 bond, but not before the public was provided with dash-cam footage from the Sept. 4 shooting that sent Levar Jones to an area hospital.

The three-minute-long video recording — first played at Wednesday’s bond hearing and then published online by The State newspaper — shows Groubert trailing a pickup truck earlier this month in his cruiser for a few seconds before he initiates a traffic stop over a supposed seat belt violation and pulls up behind the vehicle at a local gas station

ones, the driver, is shown exiting the vehicle near a gas pump and being asked by Groubert for his license, Jones reaches into his back pocket briefly and then turns back towards the cab of the pickup where he says he was looking for his ID.

Groubert fired four shots at Jones as the man attempted to produce his identification as requested, and one of the bullets struck the man’s hip.

"What did I do, sir?" Jones is heard asking repeatedly. "I don't know what happened," Jones says in the video. "I just grabbed my license."

"Sir, why was I shot? All I did was reach for my license. I'm coming from work."

The South Carolina Department of Public Safety announced on Sept. 19 that “Groubert’s actions rose to such an extent that his employment with us must be terminated.” Up until then, Groubert’s rank with the state troopers was that of lance corporal.

“While Mr. Groubert was within the law to stop Mr. Jones for a safety belt violation, the force administered in this case was unwarranted, inconsistent with how our troopers are trained and clearly in violation of Department policies,” SCDPS Director Leroy Smith said in a statement then. Neither charges nor the release of the video were announced until Wednesday this week, however — 20 days after the shooting.

According to WIS news, Jones has only released one statement publically since being shot.

“I know that the community has questions and people are interested in what and why this happened to me. I think God everyday that I am here with a story to tell and hope my situation can make a chance. My recovery is coming [along] well, and hope this situation can make a change, not just here at home in South Carolina, but coast-to-coast,” Jones told the network earlier this month

Yap........ Americans make sure  to turn on cameras and recorders on all the time so you  may have chance to save yourself dumped in jail  by  AMRIKA,,  http://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-29373115

In video shot from a camera on the dashboard of Mr Groubert's patrol car on 4 September, Mr Groubert pulls behind Mr Jones's truck in a Richland County petrol station, then asks, "Can I see your licence please?"

Mr Jones, who has just stepped out of the truck, turns and reaches into the cab, with no apparent aggression in his manner. An instant later Mr Groubert shouts "get out of the car" and bursts into the frame with gun drawn, then opens fire before Mr Jones can react 
    On Wednesday, prosecutors in Richland County, South Carolina, issued an arrest warrant charging Mr Groubert with assault and battery of a high and aggravated nature, a felony that carries up to 20 years in prison. The filing says Mr Groubert shot Mr Jones "without justification", and cites the video recording as evidence.

He has been released on a $75,000 (£46,000) bond. In Mr Groubert's case, the arrest warrant was issued less than three weeks after the shooting.

that poor guy could have been dead., it is fortunate bullets didn't hit at right place., well I think every country should make all police force to record  everything all the time when they are in active duty to make people trust yheir country/ city police force.,  these cameras and recording equipment is not that costly...

Do not let silence become your legacy.. Question everything   
    I renounced my faith to become a kafir, 
    the beloved betrayed me and turned in to  a Muslim

• 1« Previous thread | Next thread »