Skip navigation
Sidebar -

Advanced search options →

Welcome

Welcome to CEMB forum.
Please login or register. Did you miss your activation email?

Donations

Help keep the Forum going!
Click on Kitty to donate:

Kitty is lost

Recent Posts

Do humans have needed kno...
Today at 05:47 AM

New Britain
April 16, 2024, 12:05 AM

Iran launches drones
April 13, 2024, 09:56 PM

عيد مبارك للجميع! ^_^
by akay
April 12, 2024, 04:01 PM

Eid-Al-Fitr
by akay
April 12, 2024, 12:06 PM

What's happened to the fo...
April 11, 2024, 01:00 AM

Lights on the way
by akay
February 01, 2024, 12:10 PM

Mock Them and Move on., ...
January 30, 2024, 10:44 AM

Pro Israel or Pro Palesti...
January 29, 2024, 01:53 PM

Pakistan: The Nation.....
January 28, 2024, 02:12 PM

Gaza assault
January 27, 2024, 01:08 PM

Nawal El Saadawi: Egypt's...
January 27, 2024, 12:24 PM

Theme Changer

Topic: Gaza-Israel Peace Moves and Peace news..

(Read 34711 times)
  • Previous page 1 ... 5 6 78 Next page « Previous thread | Next thread »
  • Gaza-Israel Peace Moves and Peace news..
     Reply #180 - August 22, 2014, 12:35 PM

Now this should be sure to bolster unanimous international support for the plight of the Gazans...  banghead

18 executed in Gaza for 'collaborating' with Israel

GAZA CITY (Ma'an) -- Eighteen suspected collaborators were killed by Hamas on Friday as the group announced a crackdown on Palestinians alleged to be working with Israel.

Seven men were shot dead in front of a mosque by men in Hamas military uniforms after Friday prayers, witnesses said.

The Hamas-affiliated al-Majd website said they were killed after legal procedures were completed against them. Suspects accused of collaboration are taken to "revolutionary military trials" presided over by security and legal experts, the site added.

Earlier, eleven Palestinians were killed by Hamas for allegedly collaborating with Israel.

A Ma'an reporter said two bodies were found near the al-Azhar University in Gaza City while several others were taken to al-Shifa medical center.

The 11 suspected collaborators were killed at a Gaza police station and had been sentenced by local courts, The Associated Press reported.

A day earlier, Hamas executed three alleged collaborators with Israel and arrested seven others.

It is believed the executions and arrests took place following the assassination of three senior Hamas military commanders at dawn on Tuesday.

Information passed to Israel's security services by Palestinian collaborators is often being used to make arrests and assassinate high-profile political and militant figures.

Under Palestinian law, collaboration with Israel is punishable by death.

However all execution orders must be approved by the president before they can be carried out. Hamas no longer recognizes the legitimacy of incumbent Mahmoud Abbas, whose four-year term ended in 2009.

UN rights chief Navi Pillay last year described the judicial process for death sentences in Gaza as "deeply flawed."

Danish Never-Moose adopted by the kind people on the CEMB-forum
    Ex-Muslim chat (Unaffliated with CEMB). Safari users: Use "#ex-muslims" as the channel name. CEMB chat thread.
     Reply #181 - August 22, 2014, 01:17 PM

Oh shock horror, Hamas using execution by firing squad for anybody with differing political views than themselves!
     Reply #182 - August 22, 2014, 01:20 PM

The BBC appears to be silent.

No free mixing of the sexes is permitted on these forums or via PM or the various chat groups that are operating.

Women must write modestly and all men must lower their case.

http://www.ummah.com/forum/showthread.php?425649-Have-some-Hayaa-%28modesty-shame%29-people!
     Reply #183 - August 22, 2014, 01:24 PM

Now this should be sure to bolster unanimous international support for the plight of the Gazans...  banghead

18 executed in Gaza for 'collaborating' with Israel

At least six more were killed later in the day in a public execution in a central Gaza square, according to a Hamas website and witnesses cited by Reuters news agency. The victims, their heads covered and hands tied, were shot dead by masked gunmen dressed in black in front of a crowd of worshippers outside a mosque after prayers, witnesses and al-Majd, a pro-Hamas website, said.

This Makes me so angry I don't even know what to say except

BOMB THE FUCKING ALL MOSQUES IN GAZA.. NO GROUP ISLAMIC PRAYING BUSINESS.. pray inside the home

http://www.presstv.ir/detail/2014/08/22/376195/hamas-executes-18-israeli-informants/
    http://www.bbc.com/news/world-middle-east-28896346
    http://www.nytimes.com/2014/08/23/world/middleeast/israel-gaza.html?_r=0
    http://www.reuters.com/article/2014/08/22/us-mideast-gaza-idUSKBN0GM11320140822
    http://english.alarabiya.net/en/News/middle-east/2014/08/22/EU-U-S-mull-U-N-resolution-on-Gaza-truce-.html
    http://america.aljazeera.com/articles/2014/8/22/hamas-informant-killings.html
    http://www.theguardian.com/world/2014/aug/22/hamas-executes-suspected-infomers-gaza
    http://www.arabtoday.net/breakingnews/Hamas%20TV%2018%20executed%20in%20Gaza%20for%20collaborating%20with%20Israel.html

Palestinian medics carry the body of an alleged collaborator with Israel as another body lies in an ambulance after they were executed in Gaza City August 22, 2014

Lefty fools all over the globe talk nonsense on this problem..

Do not let silence become your legacy.. Question everything   
    I renounced my faith to become a kafir, 
    the beloved betrayed me and turned in to  a Muslim

Reply #184 - August 22, 2014, 01:48 PM

Accounts of Israeli war crimes in Khuza’a, Gaza pile up

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NAopyMoij9c

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-fbDjpbBHb4

Reply #185 - August 22, 2014, 05:16 PM

What is happening with Muslims?
    Does anyone have an anwer?
    Why so much hatred?
    Why so much violence?
    Why so much destruction?
    Destroying ancient mosques - why?
    The ancient monumental mosques belong to the heritage of mankind, not just Muslims.
    Why are Muslims destroying their own heritage?
    Why are Muslim leaders not talking about it?

वासुदैव कुटुम्बकम्
    Entire World is One Family
    سارا سنسار ايک پريوار ہے
     Reply #186 - August 22, 2014, 05:49 PM

http://972mag.com/israels-other-war-silencing-palestinian-citizens/95795/
    Despite all my years of coexistence camps with Jewish Israelis, I’m starting to lose sight of peace. How can there be peace when Israel does nothing to stop the violent attacks against its Palestinian citizens?

By Shadan Jabareen

I had just finished my second year at Tel Aviv University and wanted to remain in the city for the summer to work, so I applied for a job at a bookshop in Ben Gurion Airport in late June; they needed employees. The operations coordinator was impressed with my fluency in Arabic, Hebrew and English, so we scheduled an interview. After explaining the requirements of the job, she told me: “First, we have to do a security check. You’re an Arab Muslim, so your check will probably take longer than usual.” This came as no surprise to me; after all, I have 21 years of experience living in Israel. A week later the Israeli offensive on Gaza erupted and I received an email from the coordinator telling me, “Sorry we have too many employees. We are not going to hire you for the moment; we will contact you in two weeks when there is a position available.” I never heard from her again.

I am a U.S.-born Palestinian Muslim living in Israel, my great-grandparents lived in the Palestinian village of Al-Lajjun that was depopulated in May 1948 by the Israeli army. They fled the village and settled in Umm El-Fahm, a town that became a symbol of political resistance for Palestinians living in Israel. I grew up in a Jewish town with my family before moving to Umm El-Fahem. I was two years old when my parents applied to live in the Jewish town of Katzir; they thought we would have more opportunities there and a calmer environment away from the noise of Umm El-Fahm’s ghettos. Their application was rejected; the committee had decided that no Arabs would live in their town.

My father decided to fight for our right to be treated equally and not to be discriminated against. We ultimately won the case and lived there for eight years. When I was old enough to understand what Arab and Jewish meant, my father told me: “I did this for you because I want you to know you have rights, and that no one can take them away from you.”

I spent half of my life in coexistence summer camps, where Palestinian and Jewish citizens of Israel met to discuss the conflict and tried to find ways of connecting, despite our differences. At the core of these camps is the importance of listening to and understanding “the other side” in order to promote dialogue and reconciliation. I’ve participated in every possible peace-building project there is. My brothers and sister went to an Arab-Jewish school. The eldest of them goes to a Jewish boarding school and he just got back from California, where he attended a peace-building camp for Palestinians, Israelis and Americans called Hands of Peace.

Until now I’ve been really hopeful about the future of this land – too hopeful, perhaps – and have been certain that the conflict would someday end. The growing hatred and recent waves of racism I’ve witnessed in Israel over the past six weeks – both from the government and the streets – have exposed the true face, apparently, of the so-called coexistence here in Israel. That face is nasty, racist and refutes the existence of the “Other.” It does not accept that I am Palestinian. The truth is that I’m scared; I’ve never seen this kind of hatred in my life. I’ve been discriminated against before, like all Arabs here in Israel; I was even strip-searched at the airport for imposing an alleged “security risk” at the age of 19. But this time it is worse – more explicit, much more violent, and widespread.

When I have “discussions” with Israelis about the political situation they inevitably tell me to “go to Gaza, go to Syria,” and that I “should say thank you” that they even let me live here. Every time I enter into these discussions I am asked to leave my home and to thank my occupier for having me here; I have to be a good Arab – either I say thank you or I remain silent.

Not even academia is safe. At Ben Gurion University of the Negev, Arab students received death threats, hateful slogans were sprayed in dormitories calling for “Death to Arabs. Long live Israel.” Numerous Facebook pages have recently been to publish the personal information of Palestinian citizens of Israel who expressed solidarity with Palestine and Gaza; opinions that do not fit the Israeli consensus. A campaign was launched to locate Palestinian students from Tel Aviv University who expressed opposition to Israel’s latest assault on Gaza and then have them expelled from the university. The fact that these Israeli students felt comfortable enough to target us and threaten our right to education is deeply worrying.

Meanwhile, in the work place Arab employees are targeted as well; those who called Israel a “terrorist state” and Netanyahu a “war criminal” were fired during Operation Protective Edge. One such person is a medical resident who condemned IDF soldiers for their “massacre in Gaza.” He was suspended from his job.

While at the same time many Israelis have expressed happiness over the death of Palestinians in Gaza, wishing for more “terrorists” to die. Yet no one is condemning or firing them. They act with impunity because nobody will stop them. The Israeli police have arrested Arabs for mere Facebook statuses; peaceful demonstrators have been arrested and denied their right to protest. A total of 350 protesters have been charged by the Israeli police since early July. None are Jewish. Furthermore, in the Israeli media’s coverage of these protests we are always portrayed as violent rioters, but never simply as protesters.

I think about all my years at those coexistence summer camps, about the way I was raised to accept others and respect their different opinions, about the vision of peace and living together, and for the first time I feel like there is no hope – even the word peace is starting to sound to me like some naive and unachievable utopian idea.

“Promoting dialogue” was at the core of all those peace camps I attended; we learned that understanding someone else’s pain promotes dialogue, that to express your opinion and then listen to someone else’s is called dialogue. Unfortunately Israel is proving to be a dialogue-free country, and like so many Palestinians living here in Israel, I am now paralyzed by fear, frustration and sadness. How can there be peace when a country that claims to be democratic silences and discriminates against a minority that constitutes 20.7% of the population? How can there be peace when this country does nothing to stop the violent attacks against us?

Sadly, despite all my years of coexistence camps with Jewish Israelis, I’m starting to lose sight of peace; it seems to me it is only moving further out of reach.

Shadan Jabareen is a 21-year-old psychology and English literature student at Tel Aviv University. She is from Umm El-Fahm and currently lives in Tel Aviv.

Reply #187 - August 22, 2014, 06:57 PM

http://972mag.com/israels-other-war-silencing-palestinian-citizens/95795/

That is a good one.,  I wish Shadan Jabareen could join CEMB forum..  I would love to read more from her.  And I wish people like  Jabareen  join in Politics either in the country she is born(US of A)  or in the the country she is living..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DRYGt1ufRH0

Reply #188 - August 22, 2014, 07:32 PM

http://972mag.com/israelis-in-the-u-s-urge-the-jewish-community-to-take-a-closer-look-at-gaza/95791/
    "We are reaching out to you because we want to re-examine what it means to be pro-Israel or pro-Palestine,’ says a public letter published by Israelis for a Sustainable Future. ‘We argue that these terms might be one and the same.’

A group of Israelis living in the U.S. has published an open letter the the American Jewish community, calling on it to join them in opposition to the war in Gaza and the years-long blockade Israel has imposed on the Strip. While condemning Hamas’ targeting of civilians, the group states that “maintaining the occupation is what this war is all about.”

The group, calling itself Israelis for a Sustainable Future, was started in response to the war, but organizers told me that they wish to continue their activity even if a ceasefire is reached. The appeal to the Jewish community was born out of its engagement and influence over Israel-Palestine, organizers say.

http://israelisforasustainablefuture.com
    An open letter to American Jews

We are a group of Israelis currently living in the US. We are reaching out to you because we oppose the actions of the Israeli government in operation “Protective Edge.”

This does not mean we don’t recognize the threat presented by Hamas to the Israeli people. We oppose firing of weapons into civilian population and the sacrifice of civilians by the regimes of both Hamas and the Israeli government. Calling to stop the bombing of Gaza does not mean we don’t realize the impossible conditions imposed on the residents of southern Israel. Nor does it mean we don’t demand security for them. But we also recognize that their plight is consistently ignored by the Israeli government until it becomes convenient for exploitation. We have seen three major military operations in less than six years. They repeat themselves because they don't work. Yes, Hamas reserves are temporary depleted and the group is temporarily hindered. But this is not a moral price worth paying. Even if it were, killing thousands of civilians and displacing of hundreds of thousands doesn't weaken Hamas in the long run. This bloodshed only feeds the one resource it can't go without: hate. Only meaningful peace talks and an end to the ongoing occupation in the West Bank and in Gaza (a blockade is still occupation) will prevent both the next round of rockets into Israel and the next round of indiscriminate killings in Gaza.

We are reaching out to you because we want to re-examine what it means to be pro-Israel or pro-Palestine. We argue that these terms might be one and the same. We believe that supporting equal rights for both peoples is the only way to build a better Israel and a better Palestine and we want the American Jewish community to stand behind that message.

The belief that being “pro-Israel” means uncritically supporting the actions of the Israeli government and military does not help the Israeli people. The Israeli people do not benefit from being oppressors. Israeli society does not benefit from ruling over 4 million Palestinians. The Israeli soldier does not benefit from risking his or her life in wars that could have been avoided.

The Israeli people gain nothing from perpetuating the occupation. Israeli children learn nothing from being taught everybody wants to kill them. And the Israeli population does not grow stronger from rising aggression within it, from a loss of tolerance and from a surge of violent racism against the Palestinian citizens of Israel.

But maintaining the occupation is what this war is all about. Unfortunately, the regimes in Israel are becoming increasingly cynical, willing to sacrifice as many people as necessary to maintain their position of power and their control over the Palestinian people.

We believe this war could have been avoided. We don’t believe all Palestinians want to kill us. And we are happy to explain where we are coming from.

We believe that a biased media attempts to draw symmetry that does not exist. Just look at the numbers. Look at the pictures. Throwing blame at international criticism isn’t making Israel look any better. Taking action to stop human rights violation would. We obviously do not condone any form of anti-Semitism in this discourse, but we also feel that dismissing the entire discourse as anti-Semitism is not helpful to anyone.

Most of all, we believe that blood is blood, all equal and all worth the same. And we are well aware of what happens when the lives of one people are deemed to be worth less than those of others.

Israel needs your support to break out of the cycle of violence:

We encourage you to tell your community leaders to critically examine the Israeli government policies they rally behind. We urge you to support the moderate voices in Israel, forces that find themselves increasingly under attack by their own government and the Israeli media, and even physically assaulted by right winged vigilantes. We ask you to write to your congressional representatives to share your conviction that Israel can only be safe and prosperous if it stops the killing of civilians, ends the occupation of Gaza and the West Bank and guarantees freedom and equality to all of its citizens. We invite you to start a fruitful dialogue with us.

Thank you,
    IFSF | Israelis For a Sustainable Future
    israelisforasustainablefuture@gmail.com

Reply #189 - August 22, 2014, 07:50 PM

On a more depressing note...
    Israeli teenagers: Racist and proud of it
     Reply #190 - August 22, 2014, 11:10 PM

On a more depressing note...
    Israeli teenagers: Racist and proud of it

zeca you may be interested in reading  Gideon Levy articles and my be share them in some Jewish forum

Reply #191 - August 25, 2014, 12:06 PM

IDF distributed leaflets over Gaza warning the residents to keep away from terrorist sites and activities.   says news

And.. and Bombs Highrise buildings ..

IDF air strikes have leveled two multi-story buildings in Gaza; both are said to have housed Hamas facilities. The new tactic of bringing down entire buildings has been tested amid a new escalation of tensions in the Israeli-Gaza conflict.

A seven-story office building in the Gaza Strip’s southern town of Rafah was completely destroyed by an Israeli strike on Sunday morning, according to eyewitnesses. It’s not yet clear if there were injured or dead in the attack

Another strike in the same city hit a two-story shopping center, wounding seven and badly damaging the building.

The Israeli military claim both the buildings housed facilities linked to Palestinian militants. One of the offices in the leveled seven-story Zourab building belonged to the Hamas-run interior ministry, AP reports.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=goofbUDkTeA

I am not sure when those Allah ho Akbar cries are going to wake up this allah doll..   but allah did nothing for the past 1400 years ..and not going to do anything now or in future....it is just self satisfaction cries of helpless Muslim folks..

Reply #192 - August 27, 2014, 05:45 PM

Gaza's Christians brew illegal wine in defiance of Hamas
     Reply #193 - August 27, 2014, 07:52 PM

Is there any end in sight to this at all? Seriously, the fuck is it going to take for the world to put down the rabid dog that is Israel? 
     Reply #194 - August 27, 2014, 08:48 PM

Not until the end of days, dont you read your scriptures?

Late Eid Mubarak, Where's my eidee present ?
     Reply #195 - August 27, 2014, 09:43 PM

People in Gaza are reportedly very disappointed regarding the points in the cease fire agreement. No guarantees of the airport and seaports being reopened. And nothing about the continued addition of settlements on the West Bank. I can only see something happening by outside pressure on Israel from the US. But they soon have to elect a new president. Sorry, Palestinians.

Here is an report from Maan News:

Gaza officials say terms of ceasefire being implemented

GAZA CITY (Ma'an) -- Israel authorities have begun implementing the terms of a ceasefire agreement that went into effect early Tuesday, officials in Gaza said, as life slowly began returning to normal after 50 days of bombardment on the besieged coastal enclave.

As Palestinian farmers returned to their fields and fishermen began venturing out to the sea again, the situation had noticeably improved from before the war.

Officials told Ma'an that farmers were able to tend to fields around 100 meters from the border fence, suggesting that the Israeli security buffer zone has been drastically reduced from its previous range.

Before Israel's recent Operation Protective Edge, Israeli forces opened fire on those who entered the buffer zone, which ranged from 500-1500 meters from the border and encompassed 17 percent of Gaza's total land area and 35 percent of its agricultural land, directly affecting the lives and livelihoods of more than 100,000 Gazans.

The effects of the newly-signed long-term ceasefire agreement could also be witnessed on the sea, where Gaza's 4,000 fisherman cautiously began venturing out again after being shot at numerous times by Israeli forces in recent weeks.

Secretary-General of the Union of Fishermen Muhammad Basala told Ma'an that fishermen had been allowed to sail as far out as six nautical miles during recent trips, a number he said was set to expand under the terms of the deal.

They will be allowed to sail out as far as nine nautical miles a week from now and 12 miles after a month from now, he added.

Prior the recent agreement, Israeli forces maintained a limit of three nautical miles on all Gaza fishermen, despite earlier Israeli agreements which had settled on a 20-mile limit. The restrictions crippled Gaza's fishing industry and impoverished local fishermen.

Officials in the Palestinian liaison department, meanwhile, told Ma'an that Israel had opened the Erez crossing near Beit Hanoun between Israel and northern Gaza Strip, highlighting that the crossing was operating just as it did before the war.

Patients, merchants and passenger who made special coordination were all allowed to travel into Israel Wednesday, the officials said.

The long-term ceasefire which came into effect on Tuesday also includes the opening of crossings for goods and aid under heavy Israeli supervision, which Palestinian negotiators say will signal the end of Israel's crippling eight-year long blockade of the Strip, long a key Palestinian condition.

An Israeli demand that the Gaza Strip be demilitarized, meanwhile, was not mentioned, and although Israeli officials said it would be raised in a second round of negotiations in late September, it was unlikely to be agreed upon by the Palestinian side.

The deal comes after more than 50 days of intense Israeli bombardment across the Gaza Strip that killed 2,143 Palestinians and injured more than 11,000, the vast majority of whom were civilians according to UN figures.

Seventy Israelis also died in the fighting, 64 of whom were soldiers. The majority were killed when they encountered heavy resistance from Palestinian fighters after launching a ground invasion of Gaza.

Normalcy returns to Gaza streets

Despite the scenes of destruction and the memories of bombings and thousands of victims, Gazans stayed up until the late hours Tuesday night celebrating what many were calling a major victory for the Palestinian resistance.

On Wednesday, meanwhile, the streets of the tiny coastal enclave looked different than they had for the last seven weeks.

Public transportation vehicles, including yellow service taxis and orange shuttle vehicles filled the street again, while shop owners were significantly reassured by the calm to begin cleaning their grocery stories, supermarkets, book stores, restaurants and others.

Traffic police also deployed heavily in the streets as employees began returning to their places of work, while banks opened their doors to serve customers who had not been able to withdraw and deposit money for weeks.

Despite the scenes of normalcy, however, reminders of the massive destruction waged by Israel on Gaza were everywhere.

Around 8,000 building including homes, mosques, schools, and offices were destroyed or partially damaged.

The PLO estimates that 46,000 homes were damaged, with more than 100,000 Gazans rendered completely homeless.

Over 177 schools, 10 hospitals, and seven clinics were also damaged, while 73 mosques were destroyed.

Around 197 mosques and two churches were also partially damaged.

Medical and rescue teams of the Ministry of Health also suffered a considerable number of human casualties. Ministry spokesman Ashraf al-Qidra said 23 staff members were killed and 83 were injured during the assault.

Journalists were not immune either, as Israeli airstrikes and artillery shelling claimed the lives of 17 journalists and injured more than 20 during the fighting.

Technicians of the Gaza electricity company were also targeted during the war, and two were killed a few hours before ceasefire was announced.

Muhammad Thahir, 47 and Tamir Hamad, 27 were killed Tuesday afternoon when an Israeli warplane fired a missile at their vehicle near Kamal Adwan hospital in Beit Lahiya in the northern Gaza Strip.

The vehicle had signs and flags of the electricity company on both sides and on the roof, but was hit while technicians were trying to fix an electricity line.

Public information officer of the Gaza electricity company Jamal Dardasawi insisted that the vehicle was deliberately targeted, highlighting that it was parked in a crowded area and no coordination was needed for the job they were doing.

He called upon international human rights organizations to investigate the Israeli attack, which he said was just an example of Israeli aggression "against the components of civil life and daily life services in Gaza."

Danish Never-Moose adopted by the kind people on the CEMB-forum
    Ex-Muslim chat (Unaffliated with CEMB). Safari users: Use "#ex-muslims" as the channel name. CEMB chat thread.
     Reply #196 - August 28, 2014, 09:15 AM

An Israeli demand that the Gaza Strip be demilitarized, meanwhile, was not mentioned, and although Israeli officials said it would be raised in a second round of negotiations in late September, it was unlikely to be agreed upon by the Palestinian side.

I can't believe the Israelis have the chutzpah to even ask for this. The only thing preventing them from re-occupying is the presence of guns and rockets. They've gone on three rampages and killed thousands in the past six years alone, not to mention all the calls for Gaza to become a graveyard, Jews to be resettled etc. Despite all this, they demand Gaza give up its weapons. It's as good as asking the Palestinians to lie down and make themselves completely defenceless in anticipation for the next "mowing of the grass" (not that they aren't already defenceless). 

Would you say this is a sort of pyrrhic victory for Gaza? The blockade has been eased slightly and Israel lost a whole lot of soldiers while not really achieving anything. This has also cost the Netanyahu government a great deal of popularity at home and brought Israel a whole lot of international scorn and condemnation. And the unity government they tried to kill will go ahead as planned. 
     Reply #197 - August 29, 2014, 05:18 PM

I can't believe the Israelis have the chutzpah to even ask for this. The only thing preventing them from re-occupying is the presence of guns and rockets. .....................

That is rubbish Al-Alethia.,   rubbish...,  I don't think you carefully thought about what you have written there.   Those guns and Rockets are nothing  or next to nothing  for the Israeli Army..

Israelis if they wanted to occupy that little land which is densely populated with Muslim folks  who are controlled by Jihadis   they could have done that at any time .,   Question is not that.,   Question is.,  what do they do after  occupying Gaza? what do they build in that land ?  and what do they do with huge population of Muslim folks from  there? move them in to Israel? There is no other country/other place for them to go.. That is the question to answer..

In fact  Israelis will be happy NOT to add any more  Muslim folks in to their country over what they have now  ( is it close to  15% of Israeli population??  .. I am not sure )  The other problem of occupying that land is.,  REST OF THE WORLD CRYING ON ISRAELIS.. that is much worse than occupying Gaza and getting into trouble. Israelis are quite content   keeping Gaza folks without guns, without rockets and without tunnels  and control them in that Gaza Barn.....

Any ways on that  Little Land The Gaza.,  The news  from that England New paper guardian.com says   Sinai jihadist group says it has beheaded four men. And that has been done by  Islamic heroes of Egypt  Ansar Beit al-Maqdis.  They  claims those four locals gave information to Israeli forces  and behead them... NO QUESTIONS ASKED..

And I see that ISIS flags over there.. Not sure they are related to Iraq ISIS as Ansar Beit al-Maqdis of Egypt is old Jihad group..   well read it in-detail at that Guardian.UK.com.

So in short I question your response Al-Alethia...

Reply #198 - August 29, 2014, 07:30 PM

So who won and who lost?

http://972mag.com/the-victors-of-the-gaza-war-were-also-the-losers/96152/
    Another ceasefire between Israel and Hamas-led Gaza ­– this time costing more in terms of life and property than the last time. It will probably cost less than the next time; 2016 if the trend stays constant.

At the end of any battle, it makes sense to step back and look at the bigger picture. You want to assess who won and who lost – or at least who lost more and who lost less.

I can’t help but think of the families of the more than 2,000 Palestinians who were killed, the thousands upon thousands injured, the hundreds of thousands without homes in Gaza. Children who will grow up without parents. Parents who did what no parent should have to do, and buried their children. And all the families that need to rebuild their lives. For them this was a very costly war and there is no doubt in my mind that the civilian population of Gaza suffered the greatest loss as a result of this battle.

On a political level, Fatah in the West Bank has lost. The negative sentiment towards the Fatah leadership continues to swell and become more vocal. However, in the absence of elections and a heavy-handed security apparatus, that doesn’t mean much.

Let’s move on to the winners. At the top of the list is Hamas. Palestinians are celebrating the “victory” that Hamas delivered to its people. It’s stock on the Palestinian street is at a euphoric high, despite the tragedy on which it was built. And even more importantly, Qatar, Hamas’ main ally in the Arab world, and the host of the head of its politburo, Khaled Mashal, is now smiling down on the Islamic Resistance Movement – and that means money in the bank any day of the week.

The prolonged battle with Hamas has also strengthened right-wing extremism in Israel, which continues to manifest with impunity in acts of violence against Palestinian citizens. Politicians spout hatred and incitement that in any democracy in Europe would have them arrested; university professors and rabbis call for rape and murder, and yet maintain their positions; and thugs interpreting those words carry out attacks against more Palestinian civilians.

And of course, let’s not forget about Prime Minister Netanyahu; clearly another major victor in this battle. There are those who might argue that he should be in the loser category rather than in the winner’s circle, as he was forced to make concessions. Sure, but for how long does he really have to do so? Well, let’s look at some of those concessions.

Hamas has placed the issue of building a Gaza seaport and an airport squarely on the negotiating table. Are our memories that short? Gaza once had a functioning airport; the late Palestinian President Yasser Arafat used it while based in Gaza. And the European Union was in the midst of building a seaport. Both of these were reduced to rubble in previous spouts of violence. What’s to stop the Israeli military from doing so again? Not to mention that Israel’s blockade of the Strip includes air and sea restrictions, so I can’t imagine many people at the duty free shops of Gaza International Airport.

And fishermen will get a few extra sea kilometers in which to fish, though this is still not deep enough for significant catches. Oh, and Israel will permit access to humanitarian aid. Wasn’t it already doing that? I’ve been to the Kerem Shalom Crossing, I’ve seen trucks entering and exiting. Insufficient, you say? Well, what’s to make it different this time? A few added calories here and there?

No, Benjamin Netanyahu is clearly a victor, because Gaza remains on lockdown. He’s a victor because Hamas remains a significant force in Gaza, so the hasbara department has a continuous source of good material. Which other Palestinian group could they compare to the Islamic State?

And on a positive note, whatever concessions Netanyahu has made can be taken away with the Confucian hammer-and-fly pinpoint payloads of two F-16s. Netanyahu won, because a joint Fatah-Hamas government would have meant a decrease in tensions, and that is simply not good for business.

So it comes as no surprise that the two victors of this entire bloody scenario are the two sides that prolonged the fighting all along. But at least we have a ceasefire. Journalists will write sad stories with a glimmer of hope about how people are getting on with rebuilding their lives.

Money will pour in to Israel to restock its depleted missile stock and to reinforce the Iron Dome. Money will pour into Gaza to rebuild homes and businesses. Most of us will get on with our lives, and this episode will disappear from our social media feeds.

Gazans, on the other hand, are already wondering what price they’ll have to pay for the next ceasefire.

Talal Jabari is a Palestinian award-winning documentary filmmaker and journalist from East Jerusalem. He tweets from @TalalJabari.

Reply #199 - September 01, 2014, 04:24 PM

@yeez

They were considering re-occupying and a major reason they didn't was because of the fierce resistance they'd encounter due to Hamas and other militants being armed and willing to fight. If Israel didn't want more Muslims and was thinking logically, why the fuck are they gobbling up the West Bank? They've already killed any chance of a viable Palestinian state there. Their goal is to somehow eliminate the Palestinians or push them into Jordan. 

Asymmetric warfare/terrorism *can* give the Israelis a run for their money. It's what pushed them out of Lebanon, remember. It's also one of the reasons they left Gaza in the first place. Settlers and soldiers used to be killed and attacked in significant numbers in Gaza. 

Some Israeli politicians have talked about sending the Gazans off to the Sinai, so who knows what these crazy fucks have planned. Gaza won't even be liveable in 6 years; there's good reason to fear something extremely sinister from the Israelis. 
     Reply #200 - September 01, 2014, 04:39 PM

@yeez

Ass holes are everywhere and in every religion Al-Alethia  and mother/father  of Islam .. Judaism is no exception to that rule..

Shove the fucking land in their ass

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/middle-east/israel-claims-400-hectares-in-west-bank-for-state-use-9702112.html

Some of these idiots if they spent enough resources in educating  on Muslims of Palestine  instead of building walls and grabbing lands  since its birth, by now Jews would have been living in Saudi Arabia  NOT INSIDE WALLS OF.. lalallalla land....    What can I say and what can do Al-Alethia? I can only highlight that problem in some  forums  with Jewish folks ..   oooooold link....

Reply #201 - September 02, 2014, 12:44 PM

Yehaaa.. we won the war and we lost everything..

fucking shit..

Steve Kramer... Fool.. because of fools like you Idiots govt.  of Israel  are building walls putting JEWISH   folks  inside the  walls in their own jails.  Otherwise they would have been living  all over middle east.. It is NOT Palestinians that are enemies of Israel.. It is rules of Islam and Islamic mindset of Rulers and Brutal rogues in Islam..    

steve.kramer@sdjewishworld.com   come and join me  in a forum...

Reply #202 - September 02, 2014, 05:00 PM

UN chief alarmed over Israel’s land grab Says the news from Dawn..

UNITED NATIONS: UN Secretary General Ban Ki-moon has expressd alarm over Israel’s Sunday announcement to declare as so-called “state land” nearly 1,000 acres of land in the Bethlehem area of the West Bank.

He termed it “illegal” under international law.

The seizure of such a large swathe of land risks paving the way for further settlement activity, which – as the United Nations has reiterated on many occasions – is illegal under international law and runs totally counter to the pursuit of a two-state solution.

well that is not good enough you need to do more than that my man.. .  Transfer some BILLION DOLLARS TO folks of West bank.. 1000 acres..??   million dollar an acre..  ., Why build another jail for their people .. Foools

Build some schools, colleges for Palestinian kids and as well as Jewish kids..  an integrated schools..

Reply #203 - September 06, 2014, 02:17 PM

A Palestinian girl holds a Kalashinkov as Islamist fighters celebrate what they call a 'victory' over Israel following Tuesday's ceasefire  Young children were seen brandishing weapons as fighters of Al-Quds brigades, the military wing of the Palestinian Islamist organisation Palestinian Islamic Jihad, marched in the streets.  

Abbas told Palestine TV in remarks broadcast Friday that 'it was possible for us to avoid all of that, 2,000 martyrs, 10,000 injured, 50,000 houses (damaged or destroyed).' More than 2,100 Palestinians were killed, including hundreds of civilians. Seventy one people on the Israeli side, including six civilians, were killed. Several Egyptian mediated cease-fire attempts failed. Hamas eventually accepted almost the same truce offered at the beginning.

Palestinian President Mahmoud Abbas has accused Hamas of causing thousands of unnecessary deaths by fighting in Gaza for longer than was needed. President Abbas said all casualties could have been avoided and blamed Hamas for needlessly extending the war with Israel. His words came as hundreds of Palestinian Islamic militants took part in a rally celebrating the 'victory' over Israel, in Gaza City today.

well that girl with that rifle doesn't know what actually happened to that city Gaza.. here is the picture

If that is winning war., I don't know what is loosing war means.. anyways by accusing Hamas heroes of Islam   President Mahmoud Abbas   signing that death wish ..  Because of what he said ..baboons of   Gaza came out with all guns  blazing on to the streets of Gaza.

that is the news from that Land of Prophets  read it all at  http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2737764/Palestinian-leader-say-Hamas-caused-prolonged-war.html

Reply #204 - September 09, 2014, 08:06 PM

A Palestinian girl walks on the rubble strewn ceiling of her family's home

Noam Chomsky: The Real Reason Israel "Mows the Lawn" in Gaza

On August 26th, Israel and the Palestinian Authority (PA) both accepted a ceasefire agreement after a 50-day Israeli assault on Gaza that left 2,100 Palestinians dead and vast landscapes of destruction behind. The agreement calls for an end to military action by both Israel and Hamas, as well as an easing of the Israeli siege that has strangled Gaza for many years.

This is, however, just the most recent of a series of ceasefire agreements reached after each of Israel's periodic escalations of its unremitting assault on Gaza. Throughout this period, the terms of these agreements remain essentially the same.  The regular pattern is for Israel, then, to disregard whatever agreement is in place, while Hamas observes it -- as Israel has officially recognized -- until a sharp increase in Israeli violence elicits a Hamas response, followed by even fiercer brutality. These escalations, which amount to shooting fish in a pond, are called "mowing the lawn" in Israeli parlance.

well there 6 pages at that link from his pen..

Reply #205 - September 09, 2014, 10:42 PM

Egyptian journalist Khaled Diab making the case against armed resistance by Palestinians. This was written back in July but it's still relevant and worth reading:

Palestinian resistance: the gun or the olive branch?

Here's a link for Combatants for Peace which gets a mention in the article:

http://cfpeace.org
     Reply #206 - September 10, 2014, 01:14 AM

Khaled Diab appears to be interesting and thoughtful guy from Egypt zeca  .....

"ISIS have no idea what restoring the Caliphate actually means. In Baghdad, it'd involve booze, odes to wine, science... and a gay court poet"

"Saudi Arabia is one of the main causes of the ISIS disease, not its cure. It is the poison, not the anitdote."

they are his tweets... he also gave link to this interesting article from  Michael Wolfe..

Meet the Muslims who sacrificed themselves to save Jews and fight Nazis in World War II

Reply #207 - September 10, 2014, 10:45 AM

I need to Digest some of Ramzy Baroud., He appears to be  highly qualified, well read , well written and  very smart guy
    Ramzy Baroud is a PhD scholar in People’s History at the University of Exeter. He is the Managing Editor of Middle East Eye. He is an internationally-syndicated columnist, a media consultant, an author and the founder of PalestineChronicle.com. His latest book is My Father Was a Freedom Fighter: Gaza’s Untold Story (Pluto Press, London).

Any ways he writes in to that SAND LAND news paper Arab News.com with a heading The new Gaza reality., let me put some nuggets from him..
    Aside from being a major military setback, Israel’s war on Gaza has also disoriented the policies of Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu like never before. Since the announcement of a cease-fire on Aug. 26, his statements appear erratic and particularly uncertain, an expected outcome of the Gaza war.
    Since his first term as a prime minister (1996-99), Netanyahu has showed particular savviness at fashioning political and military events to neatly suit his declared policies. He fabricated imminent threats that were neither imminent nor threats, for example, Iraq’s non-existent weapons of mass destruction. Later, he took on Iran.  He created too many conditions and laid numerous obstacles for a peace settlement to ever be realized. Late Palestinian leader Yasser Arafat labored for years to meet Israel’s conditions, and failed. Abbas has taken the same futile road. But Netanyahu’s conditions are specifically designed to be unattainable.

For example, Netanyahu insists that the Palestinian leadership must accept Israel’s right to exist as a Jewish state, despite the fact that millions of Palestinian Muslims and Christians share that land, which has for centuries constituted the land of historic Palestine.  Signing off the rights of non-Jews is not only undemocratic, but also tantamount to clearing the way for another campaign of ethnic cleaning of Palestinians.
    But in actuality, none of this truly matters to Netanyahu. For him, protracted “peace talks” are a smokescreen for his illegal settlement construction project, which remains as ravenous as ever.
    For nearly two decades, Netanyahu negotiated his political survival based on that very strategy, skilfully, although underhandedly playing on existing fears and engineering security threats. For him, Hamas, Hezbollah, the Islamic State (IS), Al-Qaeda, the Muslim Brotherhood, Iran, Syria and so on, are essentially one and the same. Of course, they are not, and he knows it well. If one skims through his speeches and media interviews throughout the years, one can easily spot the oddly fashioned discourse. No threat, however, was as consistently exaggerated and misleadingly presented as that of Hamas.
    Whenever the Iran discourse grew too redundant and unconvincing, and when Hezbollah (especially in the last three years) grew irrelevant, he infused Hamas. Many in the media willingly or out of sheer ignorance, played into Netanyahu’s hand, presenting the Palestinian political movement with a military wing as a menace that has “sworn” to destroy Israel.
    War for Israel is also important as a tool to distract people from political trouble at home, an under-performing economy or whatever else. One could argue that Israel’s recent war on Gaza would have taken place even if Israel’s premier were someone other than Netanyahu. All signs were in place that made the Israeli military move impending. Rival Palestinian factions, Hamas and Fatah reached a unity agreement, despite strong Israeli rejection. Alone, that would have been a compelling reason for Israel to feel the need to squash Hamas and end the need for unity in the first place. But more importantly, the mood in the West Bank was begging for change. Protests and rallies were reported throughout the West Bank in June, despite Israeli attempts to crush them. Indeed, that was more important than the unity deal itself. Palestinians were being mobilized outside the fractured political landscape.

Taking the focus back to Gaza, where Netanyahu was leading a supposed war to fight terrorism, extremism and Israel’s arch enemies who are “sworn to the destruction of the Jewish state” seemed, from Israel’s Machiavellian logic, like a good idea.
    On the other hand, numbers among Palestinians have dramatically shifted as well. According to PCPSR, 61 percent of Palestinians would now vote for Hamas, a huge climb from few weeks earlier; 94 percent were satisfied with the resistance military performance; and, more astoundingly 79 percent said that Palestinian resistance had “won” the conflict. Netanyahu’s war-turned-genocide backfired beyond anyone’s expectations. He helped resurrect the very movement he tried to crush. And now he is desperately back attempting to reconstruct the lost political discourse, associating Hamas to vile terrorists, and absurdly presenting Israel as a victim, just as Palestinians finished burying thousands of their dead. This time however, few seem to believe him.

Email: ramzybaroud@hotmail.com ..

well he is a great guy., but I wonder all of that is one sided? Hmm.. CEMB has e plenty of Juice on this, juicy folder on the Palestine/Israel problem., Let me send him an e-mail to read that large folder in lounge..

Reply #208 - September 25, 2014, 05:09 PM

Fatah and Hamas agree deal for unity government to take control of Gaza
    Breakthrough agreement negotiated in Cairo is designed to ease blockade and open way to reconstruction after Gaza war

Peter Beaumont in Jerusalem
    The Guardian, Thursday 25 September 2014 17.13 BST

(Clicky for piccy!)
    Fatah and Hamas negotiators in Cairo. Photograph: Khaled Elfiqi/EPA

The two main Palestinian factions, Fatah and Hamas, have reached a “comprehensive” agreement that would turn over the civil administration of Gaza immediately to officials of a Palestinian unity government led by President Mahmoud Abbas.

The agreement, negotiated in Cairo, is designed to ease the long blockade of Gaza by Israel and Egypt and open the way to reconstruction of the war-ravaged coastal entity. A recent Palestinian Authority study estimated the cost of reconstruction in Gaza following this summer’s 50-day conflict with Israel at $7.8bn (£4.8bn).

Palestinian officials said the agreement would allow the Palestinian Authority to take control over the border crossings of the Gaza Strip, including the crucial Rafah crossing into Egypt – a key demand of Egypt’s president, Abdel Fatah al-Sisi.

According to sources in Egypt close to the talks, Palestinian Authority security forces would also control the Philadelphia corridor, a key strip adjoining the border with Egypt.

Officials from the rival factions began meeting in Cairo on Wednesday to try to overcome their differences and strengthen their hand for talks with Israel slated for late next month.

The breakthrough deal would formally bring an end to Hamas’s seven-year long rule of Gaza, during which time it has fought three wars with Israel. Hamas asserted its control over the Gaza Strip in 2007 after winning Palestinian legislative elections the year before.

“Fatah and Hamas have reached a comprehensive agreement for the unity government to return to the Gaza Strip,” said Jibril Rajoub, a senior official in Fatah.

Hamas official Mousa Abu Marzouk and Fatah’s head of delegation, Azam al-Ahmad, later confirmed a deal had been reached, the details of which are expected to be formally announced later on Thursday.

Although the two sides agreed to a unity deal before the recent war between Israel and Hamas, plans to implement the technocratic unity government’s – led by Abbas – were stalled over a series of disputes. Hamas formally stepped aside on 2 June, but Abbas accusing it of continuing to run a “parallel” administration as de facto ruler in the Gaza Strip.

Hamas in turn complained that Abbas’s Palestinian Authority was refusing to pay 45,000 Hamas employees in Gaza. “All civil servants will be paid by the unity government because they are all Palestinians and it is the government of all Palestinians,” said Azzam Ahmed, of Abbas’s Fatah movement.

Another key point of contention has been who will be allowed to declare war and manage any future conflicts.

Ceasefire negotiations that ended the conflict in Gaza in August stipulated that the Palestinian Authority led by Abbas should take over administration of Gaza.

Ceding effective control of Gaza, especially so soon after the end of the latest round of conflict with Israel, would be a significant step for Hamas. In the last seven years both Fatah and Hamas have clamped down on their rivals in their respective power bases in the West Bank and Gaza.

Years of attempted mediation had failed to bring the two sides closer until the signing of their reconciliation agreement in April, which despite being mired in bitter disputes has progressed further than many had anticipated.

On Friday Abbas is due to address the UN general assembly and unveil a new diplomatic initiative designed to bring an end to Israel’s 47-year occupation of the Palestinian territories.

“The United Nations will come to an agreement with Israel and the unity government on how to run the crossings [into Gaza],” Marzouk said.

The Palestinian agreement was crucial in order to present a unified strategy during talks with Israeli negotiators due in October.

Those talks, under Egyptian mediation, are aimed at reaching a durable ceasefire between Israel and the Palestinians after the Gaza war, which killed more than 2,140 Palestinians, most of them civilians, and 73 on the Israeli side.

http://www.theguardian.com/world/2014/sep/25/fatah-hamas-palestinian-unity-government-gaza?CMP=twt_gu
     Reply #209 - October 13, 2014, 12:16 PM

http://www.i24news.tv/en/

Well That is new news link from Israel  .. And it appears it is the news  for the rest of world and not  for bettering Israel and Israelis   And it comes in Videos

• Previous page 1 ... 5 6 78 Next page « Previous thread | Next thread »