Skip navigation
Sidebar -

Advanced search options →

Welcome

Welcome to CEMB forum.
Please login or register. Did you miss your activation email?

Donations

Help keep the Forum going!
Click on Kitty to donate:

Kitty is lost

Recent Posts

Do humans have needed kno...
Today at 04:17 AM

Qur'anic studies today
by zeca
Yesterday at 07:11 PM

What's happened to the fo...
by zeca
Yesterday at 06:39 PM

New Britain
Yesterday at 05:41 PM

Do humans have needed kno...
Yesterday at 05:47 AM

Iran launches drones
April 13, 2024, 09:56 PM

عيد مبارك للجميع! ^_^
by akay
April 12, 2024, 04:01 PM

Eid-Al-Fitr
by akay
April 12, 2024, 12:06 PM

Lights on the way
by akay
February 01, 2024, 12:10 PM

Mock Them and Move on., ...
January 30, 2024, 10:44 AM

Pro Israel or Pro Palesti...
January 29, 2024, 01:53 PM

Pakistan: The Nation.....
January 28, 2024, 02:12 PM

Theme Changer

Topic: Drums Please....Introducing......

(Read 4552 times)
  • 1« Previous thread | Next thread »
  • Drums Please....Introducing......
     OP - August 04, 2014, 08:50 AM

The Master of Disaster...The King of Sting......The Dancing Destroyer....The Count of Monte Fisto...

I-N-T-R-O-D-U-C-I-N-G..........The One and Only..........MUBS_352!

Ok thanks guys, you're too kind, really. A little bit about myself.

Born in London of South Asian descent, I suppose my story is similar to quite a few around here. Father is a hafez but not overly religious, mother more so.

Stopped believing when I a teen, not any reason in particular. Just the whole package seemed really lame and didnt really make sense.

Pretty much all my friends, family and many in the wider community know about my views, though I try not to criticize them directly. I suppose it is more of an open secret.

Get really annoyed when I feel the religion and its falseness surrounding me from all angles, religion talk at home, friends always on about it, WhatsApp groups, Facebook etc.

I care about my ethnic origins and identity. I think tribalism is cool and think being independant from the state (looking after each other) is more effective than relying on state social care. I wish to move my people away from Islam, or atleast get my unislamic views accepted.

When I left Islam I struggled with labels and didnt know if I should be Atheist or Agnostic or whatnot. I realized later on that these labels are stupid and that is only ONE REALITY=ONE TRUTH. When I started reading about paganism like Greeth Myth or RigVeda then I realized that these religions 'made sense' in the way that Abrahamic faiths and Atheism never could.

I think that leaving Islam was only half my journey. The other half completed from my reading of History and understanding the values of ancient cultures.

Reply #1 - August 04, 2014, 09:28 AM

parrot

`But I don't want to go among mad people,' Alice remarked.
     `Oh, you can't help that,' said the Cat: `we're all mad here. I'm mad.  You're mad.'
     `How do you know I'm mad?' said Alice.
     `You must be,' said the Cat, `or you wouldn't have come here.'
     Reply #2 - August 04, 2014, 04:09 PM

Welcome, welcome! parrot I have seen some of your posts already, nice to read your intro!

The future is full of thrilling possibilities.
     Reply #3 - August 04, 2014, 04:11 PM

Thanks
     Reply #4 - August 04, 2014, 04:16 PM

When I started reading about paganism like Greeth Myth or RigVeda then I realized that these religions 'made sense' in the way that Abrahamic faiths and Atheism never could

May Allah guide you!
     Reply #5 - August 04, 2014, 04:19 PM

Welcome to the forum parrot

When I left Islam I struggled with labels and didnt know if I should be Atheist or Agnostic or whatnot. I realized later on that these labels are stupid and that is only ONE REALITY=ONE TRUTH.

What do you EXACTLY mean?
     Reply #6 - August 04, 2014, 04:31 PM

Wow. That was a dramatic opening.

Welcome! Here's two parrots:  parrot parrot

turnipovich
     Reply #7 - August 04, 2014, 08:22 PM

I care about my ethnic origins and identity. I think tribalism is cool

Would you marry outside the tribe?
     Reply #8 - August 04, 2014, 09:18 PM

I thought about that, it's unlikely I think.
     Reply #9 - August 05, 2014, 03:09 AM

Just realised, i have never introduced myself, i mean on an introductory thread..  too late now..
     Reply #10 - August 05, 2014, 06:53 AM

No it's not. Go for it. Afro

`But I don't want to go among mad people,' Alice remarked.
     `Oh, you can't help that,' said the Cat: `we're all mad here. I'm mad.  You're mad.'
     `How do you know I'm mad?' said Alice.
     `You must be,' said the Cat, `or you wouldn't have come here.'
     Reply #11 - August 05, 2014, 07:07 AM

Just realised, i have never introduced myself, i mean on an introductory thread..  too late now..

My introductory thread was my 666th post.
     Reply #12 - August 05, 2014, 07:12 AM

I thought about that, it's unlikely I think.

Shame. Tribalism holds back societies where it holds sway, and divides societies into which it has been imported.
     Reply #13 - August 05, 2014, 07:52 AM

You're saying that becuause your perspective is from the state. A tribe is just one structure within society. It's an important safeguard and can check the unchallenged growth and despotism of the state, organized religion etc.

Reply #14 - August 05, 2014, 08:20 AM

No it's not. Go for it. Afro

My introductory thread was my 666th post.

Wow 666th..  i've been here i think since January, it's definately a bit late, besides i've whined on and on enough about my life lol.. 

: )
     Reply #15 - August 05, 2014, 01:35 PM

Welcome  Smiley
    Apparently it's customary here to give parrots so here's yours  parrot

"Music is the only religion that delivers the goods" - Frank Zappa
     Reply #16 - August 05, 2014, 05:39 PM

You're saying that becuause your perspective is from the state. A tribe is just one structure within society. It's an important safeguard and can check the unchallenged growth and despotism of the state, organized religion etc.

Nope. My perspective isn't remotely the state. My stubbornly independent ways owe much to my forebears having decided tribalism wasn't the best idea.
     Reply #17 - August 05, 2014, 06:08 PM

Kudos for the 'independance'
     Reply #18 - August 05, 2014, 06:16 PM

A belated welcome to thee, for thou art indeed welcome.

أشهد أن لا إله
     Reply #19 - August 05, 2014, 07:47 PM

When I started reading about paganism like Greeth Myth or RigVeda then I realized that these religions 'made sense' in the way that Abrahamic faiths and Atheism never could.

How true, it reminds me of a clip from the simpsons and how flanders panics when his kid chooses comparative religion as a major. Only when you study the other religions with a bit of depth do you start to see the similarities and the silliness of it all

oh yeah, the obligatory parrot  parrot

"Ours is the age which is proud of machines that think and suspicious of men who try to."
    هذا من فضل جدي
     Reply #20 - August 06, 2014, 12:13 AM

Welcome  parrot Nice intro. I found it quite comedic how you started it. Sounds cool that you have an interest in ancient cultures/religions. Wondering though what you meant with the old religions making sense in a way that the Abrahamic religions and Atheism never could?
     Reply #21 - August 06, 2014, 01:38 AM

Haha same! But i think i've established myself quite well on this forum without the introduction Tongue

Welcome mubs saw a few of your posts on other threads. Welcome!  parrot parrot

"Religion is regarded by the common people as true, by the wise as false, and by the rulers as useful."
     Reply #22 - August 06, 2014, 07:51 AM

Welcome  parrot Nice intro. I found it quite comedic how you started it. Sounds cool that you have an interest in ancient cultures/religions. Wondering though what you meant with the old religions making sense in a way that the Abrahamic religions and Atheism never could?

Cheers, the intro I actually lifted from Rocky IV, its Apollo Creeds intro. I have a thread in the religions forum where im trying to compare the IE religions with the Abrahamic ones, so take a look at that. I will try to write more about this subject in time.

Interesting name btw, do you mean Soma as in
    http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Soma

We have drunk Soma and become immortal;
    we have attained the light, the Gods discovered

Soma hath risen in us, exceeding mighty,
    and we are come where men prolong existence

http://www.sacred-texts.com/hin/rigveda/rv08048.htm

I always wondered what the Soma plant was..
     Reply #23 - August 06, 2014, 05:07 PM

^ hahaha, wow maybe the name I chose wasn't as simple as I thought Tongue  It is actually very blunt. Soma, standing for somalian. The rest is very straightforward.  Thanks though for the links, was quite interesting to peek at. I also, checked that thread you mentioned. I wish I could follow, but this is the first time for me even hearing about zoroastrianism. I might look it up to get a general view about it. Have a nice day though.  Smiley
     Reply #24 - August 06, 2014, 10:31 PM

Welcome !!  parrot
    so is it that your family/friends are aware of your situation or are they just aware that you're not religious or anything like that? Either way, I hope your views are one day accepted by those around you Smiley

"A great fire burns within me, but no one stops to warm themselves at it, and passers-by only see a wisp of smoke."
     Reply #25 - August 07, 2014, 02:47 AM

Welcome to the forum mubs_352, have a rabbit!

how fuck works without shit??

Let's Play Chess!

harakaat, friend, RIP
  • 1« Previous thread | Next thread »