Skip navigation
Sidebar -

Advanced search options →

Welcome

Welcome to CEMB forum.
Please login or register. Did you miss your activation email?

Donations

Help keep the Forum going!
Click on Kitty to donate:

Kitty is lost

Recent Posts

Do humans have needed kno...
Today at 04:17 AM

Qur'anic studies today
by zeca
Yesterday at 07:11 PM

What's happened to the fo...
by zeca
Yesterday at 06:39 PM

New Britain
Yesterday at 05:41 PM

Do humans have needed kno...
Yesterday at 05:47 AM

Iran launches drones
April 13, 2024, 09:56 PM

عيد مبارك للجميع! ^_^
by akay
April 12, 2024, 04:01 PM

Eid-Al-Fitr
by akay
April 12, 2024, 12:06 PM

Lights on the way
by akay
February 01, 2024, 12:10 PM

Mock Them and Move on., ...
January 30, 2024, 10:44 AM

Pro Israel or Pro Palesti...
January 29, 2024, 01:53 PM

Pakistan: The Nation.....
January 28, 2024, 02:12 PM

Theme Changer

Topic: The most weirdest Islamic story you have ever been told?

(Read 2143 times)
  • 1« Previous thread | Next thread »
  • The most weirdest Islamic story you have ever been told?
     OP - July 30, 2014, 06:12 PM

It seems every time I am dragged to the mosque, the Mullah always has a story to tell. One of the most weirdest one I've heard, is the story of a man (I forgot his name, if you recognize the story please tell me) who kept an incredibly long, thin   and filthy braid, that swept along the floor, his wife asked him why he did not cut his, the man replied because the Prophet Mohammed touched in that spot, and it would be a disrespect to cut it.
    That is not respect, it's a mental illness.
    When I say a  weird story from Islam, I mean a story that does not include Disney Miracles, like talking rocks or moving trees. Talking animals are fine though.

Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. - Terry Pratchett
     Reply #1 - July 30, 2014, 06:20 PM

The one where a sahaba killed a snake, but it was a jinn, so the jinn's tribe kidnapped the sahaba who was gone for several years and then came back. If my memory serves me right, he was let go because he converted them or some shit, but I'm not 100 % sure if I remember this last part correctly. Anyway, this story was used to prove that jinns can take the form of snakes, that jinns are real of course, and that they can kidnap and hurt us. That's why we must remember our dua for every occasion so we are protected from them; audhubika min al khubthi wa al khabaaith. Wow, much wisdom.

"The healthiest people I know are those who are the first to label themselves fucked up." - three
     Reply #2 - July 30, 2014, 06:31 PM

I can't remember the story or the name of the woman but everyone always told this story, it was about a woman who was planning on converting to islam so she travelled for miles over lands to do her shahada with the prophet but she had an accident and died before she reached him. So i would ask oh so does that mean her soul goes to Jennah because her intention was to become a muslim and allah looks at intention right and not action, the answer was no she never made it to jennah coz she never converted before death..  wacko  wacko what the... kind of story is that lol and where is the moral or meaning behind it lol, pure weirdness
     Reply #3 - July 30, 2014, 07:33 PM

Ok, how about laylat al qadr (hope I spelled it right). The Buraq, and Mo traveling to Jerusalem and the seven heavens in one night on his flying anthropomorphic steed.

Atheism is a non-prophet organization.

The sleeper has awakened -  Dune

Give a man a fish, and you'll feed him for a day Give him a religion, and he'll starve to death while praying for a fish!
     Reply #4 - July 30, 2014, 07:42 PM

Like I said no disney miracles, nour otherwise it is too easy.

Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. - Terry Pratchett
     Reply #5 - July 30, 2014, 08:21 PM

Two guys are being judged by allah. One has all bad deeds and one good. The other all good deeds and one bad. So the guy with only one good deed decides to 'swap' it with the other guy's only bad deed.

Allah seeing this guys generosity decides to reward him and give him heaven. Yet he will still punish those with more good deeds than this guy's two.

These stories clearly show allah as a tyrant with no respect for treating people equally, yet all Muslims think is
    "Subhan'Allah he is so merciful"
     Reply #6 - July 30, 2014, 08:37 PM

One of my favorites is the bizarre story in Surah baqarah about how the pesky and evil Jews asked too many questions about what cow they were supposed to slaughter, yet instead of Allah telling them silly details didn’t matter, he goes on to list all the requirements of this special cow that need to be fulfilled. THEN, Allah has them use a piece of the slaughtered cow to hit a dead guy so Allah could bring him back to life. Huh?

This, of course, makes the Jews hearts “harder” than rocks, because even rocks have rivers that gush forth from them and some rocks plummet out of fear of Allah, unlike Jewish hearts. And Allah knows everything people do.

For the life of me I have no idea what the moral of the story was supposed to be. A waste of perfectly good steak in IMO.
     Reply #7 - July 30, 2014, 08:51 PM

That story is more confusing than a Christopher Nolan movie. Happy Murtad, and I've seen memento. Huh?

Reply #8 - August 27, 2014, 10:18 PM

Naaah, rubbish, the bible is WAAAAY more absurd than anything the quran has to offer. OK there's a few 'Disneys' in there but......

http://listverse.com/2008/01/31/top-10-bizarre-biblical-tales/

Yahweh-10....................  Allah-0

CHECKMATE Ex-Muslims!!

I am better than your god......and so are you.

"Is the man who buys a magic rock, really more gullible than the man who buys an invisible magic rock?.......,...... At least the first guy has a rock!"
     Reply #9 - August 27, 2014, 10:24 PM

And 'ave some more!!!

http://www.atheistmafia.com/index.php/tag/stupid-bible-stories/

I am better than your god......and so are you.

"Is the man who buys a magic rock, really more gullible than the man who buys an invisible magic rock?.......,...... At least the first guy has a rock!"
     Reply #10 - August 30, 2014, 09:09 AM

One thing I don't quite 'get' is the story of the She-camel that came out of a mountain (11-61). I always struggled with relating to the profound moral themes underlying that story! I mean if Allah had to create a miracle, why did he make it such a nuisance? Imagine, in a primitive society like that, Water would have been such a precious commodity, and those folks were asked to give it up every other day for that beast. Seriously, how long can anyone be expected to put up with that shit?
  • 1« Previous thread | Next thread »