Skip navigation
Sidebar -

Advanced search options →

Welcome

Welcome to CEMB forum.
Please login or register. Did you miss your activation email?

Donations

Help keep the Forum going!
Click on Kitty to donate:

Kitty is lost

Recent Posts

Do humans have needed kno...
Today at 05:47 AM

New Britain
April 16, 2024, 12:05 AM

Iran launches drones
April 13, 2024, 09:56 PM

عيد مبارك للجميع! ^_^
by akay
April 12, 2024, 04:01 PM

Eid-Al-Fitr
by akay
April 12, 2024, 12:06 PM

What's happened to the fo...
April 11, 2024, 01:00 AM

Lights on the way
by akay
February 01, 2024, 12:10 PM

Mock Them and Move on., ...
January 30, 2024, 10:44 AM

Pro Israel or Pro Palesti...
January 29, 2024, 01:53 PM

Pakistan: The Nation.....
January 28, 2024, 02:12 PM

Gaza assault
January 27, 2024, 01:08 PM

Nawal El Saadawi: Egypt's...
January 27, 2024, 12:24 PM

Theme Changer

Topic: Feel Like God is Punishing Me

(Read 2969 times)
  • 1« Previous thread | Next thread »
  • Feel Like God is Punishing Me
     OP - July 30, 2014, 03:18 PM

Hey. Not religious but feel God is punishing me for being a kaafir.

Have problems with this girl who I am talking to online. It all started on April 5 in the morning. I drank alcohol in the night.

Now, I am not religious and I have dissatisfaction with my computer science course and girl issues keep coming up. I love her and we used to talk soooo much for 3 months (2-6 hrs a day). I feel if God is using this as a lesson.

Help me. Please....
     Reply #1 - July 30, 2014, 03:25 PM

Is the relationship with this girl entirely online?
     Reply #2 - July 30, 2014, 03:40 PM

God is not punishing you for being a “Kafir.” Life just really sucks sometimes.

One of the most disgusting and manipulative things Islam has ever done is to link human suffering with its often arbitrary and absurd ideas of “sin.” When a human being is feeling down and out, one of the last things we need to hear is that our suffering is a punishment for us behaving like humans. You liking a girl is completely normal and natural. You having a drink is also pretty benign. To have you believe that the creator of the entire universe now has it out for you because of those things is both cruel and unhelpful.

All across this forum there are human beings – good human beings – who are just trying to make it through life as best as we can. If Allah is insistent upon punishing us for the very nature and circumstance he himself created, then he is nothing short of evil in my opinion. If the great members of this forum have nothing to look forward to but the brutality of a self-consumed tyrant, then I for one would not hesitate to go down with every last one of them in defiance of such a deliberately oppressive system.

Fortunately, though, there is no need for grand standing. Allah is not real. Neither is this nutty system of mental slavery called Islam. Don’t blame yourself or your sins. Take close account of your situation and consider the outcome you want to see happen. Work hard as hell to make it happen. You’ll make some good moves and some bad moves along the way. It is inevitable. You are human.  You are the lead character in your own movie, working your way along as you improvise and adlib through the plot. If you succeed, then the great experiences are all yours. If you fail, then there is something oddly comforting in the fact that none of it really matters anyway.
     Reply #3 - July 30, 2014, 03:40 PM

Welcome to life, where there is ups and downs, unfortunately you're down at the moment but you you will be back up soon.
    Secondly, if this relationship is entirely online and you think you are in love, may show you're being a bit shall I say carried away.

Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. - Terry Pratchett
     Reply #4 - July 30, 2014, 04:00 PM

One of the most disgusting and manipulative things Islam has ever done is to link human suffering with its often arbitrary and absurd ideas of “sin.” When a human being is feeling down and out, one of the last things we need to hear is that our suffering is a punishment for us behaving like humans. You liking a girl is completely normal and natural. You having a drink is also pretty benign. To have you believe that the creator of the entire universe now has it out for you because of those things is both cruel and unhelpful.

All across this forum there are human beings – good human beings – who are just trying to make it through life as best as we can. If Allah is insistent upon punishing us for the very nature and circumstance he himself created, then he is nothing short of evil in my opinion. If the great members of this forum have nothing to look forward to but the utality of a self-consumed tyrant, then I for one would not hesitate to go down with every last one of them in defiance of such a deliberately oppressive system.

Fortunately, though, there is no need for grand standing. Allah is not real. Neither is this nutty system of mental slavery called Islam. Don’t blame yourself or your sins. Take close account of your situation and consider the outcome you want to see happen. Work hard as hell to make it happen. You’ll make some good moves and some bad moves along the way. It is inevitable. You are human.  You are the lead character in your own movie, working your way along as you improvise and adlib through the plot. If you succeed, then the great experiences are all yours. If you fail, then there is something oddly comforting in the fact that none of it really matters anyway.

That is one of the most beautiful things I have ever in my life read! Happymurtad, you have made me cry tears or joy!

OP the above speaks what I think too.
     Reply #5 - July 30, 2014, 06:50 PM

Yeah life is inevitably going to have ups and downs. You just deal with them, try to stay optimistic and look forward to the good times. I would advise you, especially since it's an online relationship, to try to look at it objectively. It's not real. The person you know is probably completely different in reality, and even if you were to meet her, you wouldn't recognise her. I would say switch your focus to your program, figure out why you don't like it, and try to amend that. Or switch into a different program if possible. Sure, it'll be tough to ease that girl out of your life, but eventually it'll be worth it.
     Reply #6 - July 31, 2014, 11:05 AM

I am easing her out of my life. I did that in March but she came back. I like her but I do not say love because I have not met her. It is a friendship and we decided to keep it a friendship because she said "15000km and 9hrs. It would be painful if you know what I mean" She said that aaaages ago. But yeah I think she caught on the fact that our friendship is just toooo much.

Yes. I love psychology and I do well in it. I am thinking to switch to a BA in Economics and Psychology and then do a Master's in it. I am good at IT, I just suck at programming because I have no passion for it.

EDIT: Well yeah, I know what she looks like and I would recognise her. I have Skyped with her and we sometimes video chat. I kinda fell for her because we share a lot of the same interests and we get along really well. With her around, she was the only girl I  focused on and that way I ignored a lot of girls at uni and just focused on my studies. I thought it was beneficial because I was not hitting on anyone in class!
     Reply #7 - August 01, 2014, 07:17 PM

Well, by recognise I meant in terms of personality/chemistry if you ever met in real life. Well, despite all that, I think you should continue the easing her out part. Or do the quick "pull the bandage off" type treatment and cut her out. It'll be painful initially, but you'll get over it soon enough, and you can focus entirely on your degree (or other girls in university - I think you'd probably enjoy their company just as much, if not more).
     Reply #8 - August 01, 2014, 07:51 PM

Okay, God is not punishing you. Love hurts, it truly does.

I'm not going to chime in with everyone who has said to end it because it's an online relationship. I have had good and bad long distance relationships online. I ask you to be honest with yourself.

Do you see a future with this girl? All relationships come offline eventually, are you two mature enough to make that happen? You say you've been talking since March or April, have either of you mentioned seeing each other in person?

I urge you to ignore this "15000km and 9 hours" nonsense. I know it feels like a sunk cost to consider moving away from this girl, but believe me, if neither of you have any idea where the relationship it's going, it's better for you to cut your losses. Hitting on people in your classes isn't as bad as you make it out to be. A long distance relationship is hard enough to sustain when both parties are committed to each other, and I imagine it must be quite difficult in your case where you're not even sure if you love her.

Would you like to tell us more about the nature of the problem you're having with her?
     Reply #9 - August 01, 2014, 08:32 PM

All across this forum there are human beings – good human beings – who are just trying to make it through life as best as we can. If Allah is insistent upon punishing us for the very nature and circumstance he himself created, then he is nothing short of evil in my opinion. If the great members of this forum have nothing to look forward to but the brutality of a self-consumed tyrant, then I for one would not hesitate to go down with every last one of them in defiance of such a deliberately oppressive system.

Perfectly put, HM. This should go in the greatest posts thread.  Afro
     Reply #10 - August 02, 2014, 01:58 AM

Okay, God is not punishing you. Love hurts, it truly does.

I'm not going to chime in with everyone who has said to end it because it's an online relationship. I have had good and bad long distance relationships online. I ask you to be honest with yourself.

Do you see a future with this girl? All relationships come offline eventually, are you two mature enough to make that happen? You say you've been talking since March or April, have either of you mentioned seeing each other in person?

I urge you to ignore this "15000km and 9 hours" nonsense. I know it feels like a sunk cost to consider moving away from this girl, but believe me, if neither of you have any idea where the relationship it's going, it's better for you to cut your losses. Hitting on people in your classes isn't as bad as you make it out to be. A long distance relationship is hard enough to sustain when both parties are committed to each other, and I imagine it must be quite difficult in your case where you're not even sure if you love her.

Would you like to tell us more about the nature of the problem you're having with her?

We made plans to meet up on the second day we talked. We even talked about it a few weeks ago.

We have been talking since November '13. I just know that she is someone I'd love to spend time with. She is better in real life because she is quite a spontaneous and bubbly person and online she isn't as hyper as she is.

The problem kinda started in February. We had a talk about how an online relationship would be too hard to sustain. She said that "It would be painful if you know what I mean" and said we should be friends online because distance just kills it. I agreed with her. The ideal is to be friends who talk a lot and meet up and see where it goes. If we can go for a relationship in real life then so be it. Then after that talk she went cold. I started ignoring and she started talking again. We were talking in early April and then I made a very ill-informed comment. She got angry. We started talking again but it never was the same. Now she has started ignoring me again and I think she thinks that our friendship is wayyyy to intense and it is better to move on. So I am staying away from her until she talks to me. If she doesn't do it for a month, I will tell her that I want to end it. I will end it with honour though and we will just talk before going separate ways. Maybe I might just only hit her up when I am able to visit. It is hard to explain but we had a dynamite connection till April. We would talk every day for hours and we had soooooo much in common. We think alike in many ways and we have some differences. She had a positive impact on me.  We were not in an online relationship but it was acting like one.

It sucks. I do not wanna just cut her off without giving her a good swansong. Perhaps I should re-ignite contact when we can meet.

Reply #11 - August 02, 2014, 11:52 AM

Can I get a little bit of detail on your backgrounds? Is she from a Muslim background, like you? She may be feeling a sense of guilt for letting it go this far. Are you both college-aged? Do you live in the same country, at least? How much do you know about her real life?

From what you're saying, you say you had the relationship talk at 3 months, had an irreconcilable fight at 5 months, and here you are, 8 months and unsure where it's going. In my experience, online relationships tend to move very quickly, but only if both parties are equally interested. I can understand the talking for hours bit--I've been there.

Here is my honest opinion. She might not see you as anything more than a friend, or she might be scared to take the steps necessary to make this online friendship an online relationship. In any case, waiting for a month before you confront her about it is a terrible idea. You need to find some balls and be absolutely honest with her about your feelings. Compose her an email or something if you can't get immediate hold of her. You obviously love her. You need to be strong enough to consider that she might not love you back, but it's no use pussyfooting it and tactically ignoring each other until something happens.

Relationships are hard. Long distance relationships can be even fucking harder. But if you want something, only you can make it happen.

Reply #12 - August 02, 2014, 12:36 PM

DELETED
     Reply #13 - August 02, 2014, 12:37 PM

Can I get a little bit of detail on your backgrounds? Is she from a Muslim background, like you? She may be feeling a sense of guilt for letting it go this far. Are you both college-aged? Do you live in the same country, at least? How much do you know about her real life?

From what you're saying, you say you had the relationship talk at 3 months, had an irreconcilable fight at 5 months, and here you are, 8 months and unsure where it's going. In my experience, online relationships tend to move very quickly, but only if both parties are equally interested. I can understand the talking for hours bit--I've been there.

Here is my honest opinion. She might not see you as anything more than a friend, or she might be scared to take the steps necessary to make this online friendship an online relationship. In any case, waiting for a month before you confront her about it is a terrible idea. You need to find some balls and be absolutely honest with her about your feelings. Compose her an email or something if you can't get immediate hold of her. You obviously love her. You need to be strong enough to consider that she might not love you back, but it's no use pussyfooting it and tactically ignoring each other until something happens.

Relationships are hard. Long distance relationships can be even fucking harder. But if you want something, only you can make it happen.

Thing is that I do not want an online relationship. No point. I want to stay friends and we will only consider a relationship if we meet.

She is from Finland. She is non-religious haha. Had a bit of an influence. We are college aged yet she couldn't get into uni although she is smart. I felt sad for her. :(

The thing is that after I made the stupid comment. She started to talk to me herself. Yet she was a bit cold. At first she blamed it on a lack of time. And she kept apologising a few times for being cold. I forgave her. During the World Cup she apologised and started being cheeky with me again like she used to be. It lasted for a few days. She wanted me to videochat her. Then when I asked for a videochat a few weeks later she said she doesn't like it. I got a bit offended. Since then it has been rough. Like once she was like "I'll try to behave and we can fix this" then I said something really stupid "I wonder if waiting and having some time off you would make things better". Since then she is ignoring everything I send to her except pics of roses and stuff ahaha.

I do not know why she does that. After the relationship talk I agreed to just focus on a friendship. When she said why she wanted to be friends she said "it wasn't an option because of the distance" and "I am sooo far away it would never work", I did not get the "brother speech" though lol. After I agreed to a friendship she went cold like this again. I ignored her for a week and she started talking again. Those few days of April were fun because we talked so freely and openly. Then I made my stupid comment. A few weeks ago she said "Things haven't been the same since the comment".

She is a very nice and intelligent girl and ahh it is a weird situation. I do not know what to do. Maybe wait a week instead of a month? Even if I were to end it I would still do it on good terms and after a long talk.

I wish if we met in real life. Would have been much easier. She did call me "cute" and "MrCruelButVeryHandsome" so I guess she likes the shallow aspects of me as well as my personality.
     Reply #14 - August 02, 2014, 02:27 PM

Thing is that I do not want an online relationship. No point. I want to stay friends and we will only consider a relationship if we meet.

It doesn't sound like you two have worked through your feelings enough to successfully transition into friendship. You can't just keep someone on "relationship standby," either. Either it is, or it isn't.

Since then she is ignoring everything I send to her except pics of roses and stuff ahaha.

LOL, friends don't send friends pictures of roses.

Reply #15 - August 02, 2014, 02:48 PM

Even ignoring the bit about it being an online relationship, I'd still say it's best to move on from what you've said. She said she doesn't want an online relationship, hasn't been very proactive in taking it offline, doesn't make time for you and seems to be putting in the bare minimum effort to keep you in orbit, and apparently only responds to the real sappy stuff.

If this were a girl you knew offline, I'd still say these are all pretty big warning signs that she is just not as into you are you are into her. That always totally sucks, but you deserve someone who is more appreciative of you, and you deserve not to be the one making all the moves. I'd say to let it go, keep chatting now and then if you'd like (as long as you can do this without the romantic feelings creeping back up) and save your efforts for when a more compatible girl comes along. Might take a bit for her to show up, but it'll be worth it.
     Reply #16 - August 03, 2014, 01:30 AM

@lua

Nahh she used to be quite into me. She would make an effort to talk a lot. Even after April she would do it but she would pull away as well citing the reason that she is "a jerk".

I am going to just confront her about this.
     Reply #17 - August 03, 2014, 01:36 AM

Sure, but sometimes we like to change our minds. I've been into guys for a while before and then lost interest, myself.

But you're right, the only way to really know what's going on is to ask her for an honest answer. I hope things work out!
     Reply #18 - August 03, 2014, 02:16 AM

Cry

`But I don't want to go among mad people,' Alice remarked.
     `Oh, you can't help that,' said the Cat: `we're all mad here. I'm mad.  You're mad.'
     `How do you know I'm mad?' said Alice.
     `You must be,' said the Cat, `or you wouldn't have come here.'
     Reply #19 - August 06, 2014, 05:29 AM

My degree is another area of concern.

I do Computer Science and I am in second year.

I hate most of it. I hate programming and I hate this algorithms class. It is sooo boring and makes me miserable. Nothing worse than sitting at home trying to solve programs. At least with other subjects I can get stuff done quicker because maybe I like them.

I know what I want to change to but since parents are moving overseas soon I have a pressure to complete my degree next year but I know I can't. It is sooo stressfull.

IF I wanted to go into IT I'll just do a different degree and do CISCO network certs instead. Uni Comp Sci has too much programming for me.
     Reply #20 - August 06, 2014, 05:32 AM

Either you work a profession you hate for a considerable amount of time, or you tell your parents the truth and face their reactions. Those are your options.
     Reply #21 - August 06, 2014, 05:43 AM

I don't know but this girl doesn't seem interested in you either as a friend or a boyfriend.  Believe this once hot and once cold attitude means nothing except that she uses you when she feels the need. Sorry to put it so harshly, but I have been there. But of course I can be wrong.
     Reply #22 - August 09, 2014, 03:03 PM

It doesn't sound like you two have worked through your feelings enough to successfully transition into friendship. You can't just keep someone on "relationship standby," either. Either it is, or it isn't.

hello um huraira., greetings and my good wishes to you., I would say.,  friendship between two loving souls, two partners  whether they are wife/husband or not is more important than this wife/husband  relationship..   So even they are  wife/husband., they should still keep that friendship

Anyways,  I was reading your  thread on First comes love, then comes marriage., And I am fairly certain WIVES OF MUSLIM GUYS  CAN NEVER CHANGE THE OPINION OF MUSLIM GUYS  ABOUT ISLAM.

For a Muslim guy "to question Islam" will always come from  either within himself or from friends/relatives such as uncles and aunts.. 

Do not let silence become your legacy.. Question everything   
    I renounced my faith to become a kafir, 
    the beloved betrayed me and turned in to  a Muslim

• 1« Previous thread | Next thread »