Skip navigation
Sidebar -

Advanced search options →

Welcome

Welcome to CEMB forum.
Please login or register. Did you miss your activation email?

Donations

Help keep the Forum going!
Click on Kitty to donate:

Kitty is lost

Recent Posts

Do humans have needed kno...
Today at 12:02 PM

Qur'anic studies today
Yesterday at 08:44 PM

Lights on the way
by akay
Yesterday at 04:40 PM

اضواء على الطريق ....... ...
by akay
Yesterday at 12:50 PM

Do humans have needed kno...
Yesterday at 04:17 AM

What's happened to the fo...
by zeca
April 18, 2024, 06:39 PM

New Britain
April 18, 2024, 05:41 PM

Iran launches drones
April 13, 2024, 09:56 PM

عيد مبارك للجميع! ^_^
by akay
April 12, 2024, 04:01 PM

Eid-Al-Fitr
by akay
April 12, 2024, 12:06 PM

Mock Them and Move on., ...
January 30, 2024, 10:44 AM

Pro Israel or Pro Palesti...
January 29, 2024, 01:53 PM

Theme Changer

Topic: First comes love, then comes marriage...

(Read 23065 times)
  • Previous page 1 2 3« Previous thread | Next thread »
  • First comes love, then comes marriage...
     Reply #60 - September 10, 2014, 04:09 PM

Great to hear from you! I'm glad it was well received!

Sure, you two haven't worked out everything, and he may be looking at this like a brief stumble that you'll recover from regarding your faith, but honestly, I think you're good for now. Give him some time to process this, take it slow.

Be ready to have conversations with him in the future about your apostasy, about the plan going forward, about how much input you'll be able to have as an equal partner in the family. Make a plan regarding future children that you are both happy with, and make sure you both stick to it.

Again, great to hear it's going well so far!  far away hug
     Reply #61 - September 11, 2014, 02:58 PM

Did I mess up?

No. far away hug

`But I don't want to go among mad people,' Alice remarked.
     `Oh, you can't help that,' said the Cat: `we're all mad here. I'm mad.  You're mad.'
     `How do you know I'm mad?' said Alice.
     `You must be,' said the Cat, `or you wouldn't have come here.'
     Reply #62 - September 16, 2014, 06:07 AM

Welcome and good luck.  If he really loves you and you are good friends this stuff should be easy he probably already noticed.   Just talk to him honestly

I cant imagine being married to a muslim after my apostasy even a non practicing one.  There will always be room for conflict and raising children.  I wouldnt want my children anywhere near it.

Oh my Christopher Hitchens its a fihrrrrrrrrrrrr
     Reply #63 - June 07, 2020, 02:55 PM

-September 10, 2014
    Thank you omena, lua, Jedi, and everyone who responded to me with words of support. Yesterday I was finally able to address this subject with my husband. I don't know if I did the best job communicating where I stand, but I feel reassured for now...

I told him that I feel like I haven't been the best wife to him lately (there are a couple of other life issues that we have been dealing with), and I am scared of pushing him to his breaking point. I said that I haven't been very religious in a while, and I can see that he is getting closer to his "deen" while I continue to travel farther from it. I asked him if he could still see a future with me if I continued to move away from "the light." At this point I'm crying like a baby and it's a huge mess. I say that I love him and want to have a family with him one day, but I feel like I've deceived him because I am not the religious girl he married anymore, and I fear that he would not want his children raised with a mother who is not a strong female Muslim role model.

I wish I could have kept a lid on the waterworks, but typing this up even now is getting me going again. While comforting me, he told me of course he sees a future with me and that he married me for reasons beyond my religiousness. He told me to "do my thing." He also basically implied that life is a journey, and this is just part of its ebb and flow, which reading between the lines I took to mean that there's no telling if I'll come back to Islam again.

So that is where I am right now. I didn't renounce the existence of a God to him or anything, because I myself have not even come to terms with where my beliefs lie. I know that this conversation could have been more precise, but I didn't want to open grounds for a religious debate, and besides we have always kept our individual beliefs pretty personal from the beginning... I realize that I may need to address the issue again in the future and completely close the "Islam" door so he doesn't think it's just a phase... Did I mess up?

several years later amidst the spam on shoutbox:

Quote from: um huraira
    -February 15, 2020
    I think my marriage is ending.

too bad but life carries on - if amibiguity hasn't worked out then a clean cut might be unavoidable.
  • Previous page 1 2 3« Previous thread | Next thread »